War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

me vs high 13 second GTP **VID**

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 05:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cobalts ARE ROLL CARS , why do you think people run 14.2 with a 2.5 sixty foot and you see a mustang running 13.2 with a 1.8 60' theres your difference right there
Old 03-12-2007, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Red2.4SS/SC
wow , first off GTP's have NO wheel hop , secondly there automatic (easier to drive consistently ) , Third , ive seen a stock cobalt pull a 14.1 twice , fourth - that gtp does run high 13's seeing is how i used to own one that was a little bit more modded and i was running mid to low 13's , and fifth - a chevy cobalt that runs a 14.2 will probably be able to keep up with a car that runs a 14.0-13.9 from a 40 roll !!
I would hope a GTP with those mods would spin the wheels quite a bit in first. My old Pontiac 6000 with the 2.8 V6 would let out a squal in 1st. That is with a whopping 130 ft-lbs of torque. You have seen a stock Cobalt SS run 14.1? Wow, like 1 in 20 do it. How great you were there to see it. I'm not saying the Cobalt shouldn't be able to keep up with him, but not pull. That GTP is a highway monster. If he is running 12 psi, I would hope that Cobalt SS wouldn't be able to keep up with him.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:20 AM

power to weight ^ look at the traps of all the 14's your seeing on the road once traction is gained the car is a whole different beast.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
good vids.

is it just me or were you shifting quite a bit before redline? your SC sounded way lower pitch than im used to hearing before the shiftpoint.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:44 AM

he's stock
Old 03-13-2007, 02:11 AM
syP

that was the m90 blower you were hearing... mine is bone stock.. all i got is the catback.

im having that retarded clutch problem that a few members were having....

where if i shift it too fast, it will just slip... fucken cable shifters **** me off.... so I have to adapt for the shitty clutch

and red2.4.... im not on gp-owners.net or grandprixowners.com, because im on a real forum like www.clubgp.com.

and not trying to compare cars because i love the cobalt and the GTP.. but we have 3 Grand Prix in the 9's for the 1/4. you DO know that it is not intercooled from the factory right? stock they are slow at 14.7-15.1 in the 1/4... but once you touch the blower... kinda like the cobalt, the car is alive.

dont argue the subject anymore.. you are just making yourself look funny.... and who runs SLP headers anyways..... unless you like the tick tick tick.. lmao
Old 03-13-2007, 01:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
haha of course. totally slipped my mind that i might be hearing the gtp supercharger.

again. cool vids

dont hate guys. its a pontiac!!
Old 03-17-2007, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by syP
that was the m90 blower you were hearing... mine is bone stock.. all i got is the catback.

where if i shift it too fast, it will just slip... fucken cable shifters **** me off.... so I have to adapt for the shitty clutch

and red2.4.... im not on gp-owners.net or grandprixowners.com, because im on a real forum like www.clubgp.com.

and not trying to compare cars because i love the cobalt and the GTP.. but we have 3 Grand Prix in the 9's for the 1/4. you DO know that it is not intercooled from the factory right? stock they are slow at 14.7-15.1 in the 1/4... but once you touch the blower... kinda like the cobalt, the car is alive.

dont argue the subject anymore.. you are just making yourself look funny.... and who runs SLP headers anyways..... unless you like the tick tick tick.. lmao

Actually, grandprix.net was around way before I was. And I was around before you was.

And SLP headers are way better then faceshitters. I mean pacesetters.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In my experience, my friends 06 is faster than my 05. I had intake and catback, he was stock, we went from a 40 roll....neck and neck. But then again, there's something wrong with my car

Dynoed my car, 3 inch pulley, intake, catback and hit 235 to the wheels at 5500 rpm....i only hit max hp there because i was running way lean.....yet on that SAME dyno the SAME day, another ss with just an intake hit 235 to the wheels and wasn't even close to leaning out.....i wouldve thought that 235 would be the max but i guess not....i just have a hooptie
Old 03-17-2007, 03:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by syP

Grand prixs are fast they have tons of potential , BUT your pockets need to be DEEP, Modding a cobalt is way cheaper than modding a GTP , Then you have the fabulous GTP transmission im not gonna sit here and make you look wrong all night

Originally Posted by Fish
Actually, grandprix.net was around way before I was. And I was around before you was.

And SLP headers are way better then faceshitters. I mean pacesetters.

Thank you

Originally Posted by syP

and yes of course i knew it wasnt intercooled , thats why you need so many mods to decrease the pulley , putting a smaller pulley on a gtp is like pulling teeth you need to do a lot of other sutff other than just swapping the pulley , and i dont mean like injectors and a tune im talking about like full exhaust , intercooler , cam or rockers , m112 swap, head work , which is not cheap, im done

Last edited by Red2.4SS/SC; 03-17-2007 at 03:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost