War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Me vs Prelude H22

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Me vs Prelude H22

So I was just cruising around town 2 nights ago, and it's been a while sense I've just driven around for no reason, but I just wanted to get out and at least get a run or two in for the night but I never instigate a race, I wait for it to come to me. Well sure enough these two kids in a black 5th gen. prelude roll up next to me with dealership plates and the driver kept tapping the gas lunging forward and slowin back down letting me know that he wanted to run. Well I'm not gonna race on the main strip. So they didn't think I wanted to run due to the fact that I never gave them any kind of reply. So they were going to turn around on the main strip and head back into town, well I gave them a couple of rpm shots as I passed by to let them know I was game, they bailed out of there U turn and proceeded to catch back up to me. The passenger rolls down his window and says, "Do you really wanna run em." I told him sure, why not. So I told them we'll go to a spot were nobody would be around and would have nothing to worry about but us. Well when we got to the spot, the owner of the prelude which was the passenger the whole time switched seats with his buddy that was driving his car to race me. Then he asked me if we could go from a 20mph roll and if I could do the 3 horn honk and we would stop at 90mph. I told him sure. Well we began to reach the 20mph mark, but I think my speedo is off cause when I hit 20mph, he was about a half a car length in front of me but I told myself screw it, so I honk 3 times and went, I just ripped right past him, but he must of not heard the honk. So I stopped instantly. He came up and said, "Alright, I'm ready now." Ok so we do it again, same thing, he's about half a car length in front and I honk 3 times and we're off. I tear right through whatever rpms I had left in first gear from a 20mph roll and pull hard on the lude, 8500rpms and into 2nd I go, and it's not even close, I go into 3rd gear and by this time I knew there was no chance. I just hit the brakes and came to a creeping stop. The lude comes up next to me and he begins to tell me that he missed a gear and if we could do it again. I said sure. So same thing as the last two rolls, but this time, he wanted to honk. I didn't care so it was on him now. He honks 3 times and same thing, I pull on the lude, rpms are screaming and hit 2nd, and I'm still pulling. By this time I know he wasn't gonna catch me but I still go into 3rd real quick and then hit the brakes to a steady stop. He comes up next to me and passenger says, "That bitch is quick." While the driver was like, "Good run man, I have a new engine in here with 900miles on it and the valves are off so my vtec was coming in and out." I was like, "Oh really, you got a new engine. Ok cool. Well good run bro." ****, as soon as I put my motor in my car I never babied it. It's got around 8000miles on the new block and still running good from the very moment I started it fresh and I took it to redline every chance I got from the get go. But that's just me, that's how I break my motor in. So anywho, that's my story. Next time I will have video of anything that go's down.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:41 AM

Nice kill, cheif. Vtecs are no match for us even with their bolt-ons, just watch out for the ones with blowers. I got smoked by an early 90's civic hatchback covered in spotty primer and steel wheels missing their hub caps.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:50 AM

8500rpms and into 2nd I go, and it's not even close?

Was it u or the Lude at 8500?
Old 09-22-2006, 09:56 AM

No, it was me. You read it right.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:59 AM

what all do u have done to your balt'?
Old 09-22-2006, 10:07 AM

Sorry, I thought you would of looked at my profile from reading all that. I don't drive a balt. I drive a 99 Civic Si.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:44 AM

That car revs to 8200 stock. (B16a) Got cams? I know quite a bit about Honda's. I actually have one I'm currently building. And I find it interesting that you've posted a race, Honda vs. Honda on a Cobalt forum. Not bashin. But what do you have done?
Old 09-22-2006, 01:25 PM

Sorry for all the confusion. I just thought I would post my kill is all. I work with Stilgar and I like the SS/SC cobalts, plus I'm not one of those honda guys that think hondas are untouchable or there god's gift to man. I actually love to beat my own kind is all.
I have a stock B16A2 head with a B18A1 block. P28 ecu with a skunk2 ls vtec chip. Hence my rpms to surpass 8200rpms.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by FAD3D
Sorry for all the confusion. I just thought I would post my kill is all. I work with Stilgar and I like the SS/SC cobalts, plus I'm not one of those honda guys that think hondas are untouchable or there god's gift to man. I actually love to beat my own kind is all.
I have a stock B16A2 head with a B18A1 block. P28 ecu with a skunk2 ls vtec chip. Hence my rpms to surpass 8200rpms.
A Frank...how honorable. I bet your puttin down nice torque numbers. That's basically a GSR with a bit longer stroke isn't it? No doubt you'd beat a Lude. I've got the same exact body style only in a 00' EX Coupe w/ B16a block. Nothing done to it other than bolt-ons. It's currently down and is ready for a rebuild. Of course I'm goin turbo though. Not enough stroke to make a great NA motor. Too much work just to get 200 NAwhp out of the lil bastard.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Fueledpassion
A Frank...how honorable. I bet your puttin down nice torque numbers. That's basically a GSR with a bit longer stroke isn't it? No doubt you'd beat a Lude. I've got the same exact body style only in a 00' EX Coupe w/ B16a block. Nothing done to it other than bolt-ons. It's currently down and is ready for a rebuild. Of course I'm goin turbo though. Not enough stroke to make a great NA motor. Too much work just to get 200 NAwhp out of the lil bastard.
Those are my plans. Turbo. I'm actually thinking about picking up a edlebrock intake manifold and 70mm throttlebody next week.
But I did leave some specs out from my last post. It's a B18A1 block with Golden Eagle HD sleeves, JE forged 9.1 pistons with rings, Golden Eagle rods, bored out to 84.5mm, P28 ECU w/Skunk2ls vtec chip, Comptech ICEBOX, Comptech 4-2-1 header, Tanabe SRM cat-back exhaust w/test pipe, ARP headstuds, polyurethane motor mount bushings, and to grab what little power I have coming out of that engine, I got a ACT 6 puc clutch to put it to the ground. The head is stock though. From the retainers to the cams, all stock.

So yea, I'm ready for turbo, just need to get the turbo and piping and the little misc. **** here and there and it should be good.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:09 AM

the head is good for way more power than you'll probably want. I think the B16 heads are good for something like 500hp with a larger stroke like your setup is. However, if you port that head, please consider Jeff @ ImportBuilders.com. He has 320+CFM heads that he can build. Anyways, your a lucky guy to have all those parts. Where did you have the work done? Was it freakin expensive? I can't imagine. I'm only looking to boost 8-18psi with an SC60-1 setup. Should make between 275-375whp with some decent tuning.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Fueledpassion
the head is good for way more power than you'll probably want. I think the B16 heads are good for something like 500hp with a larger stroke like your setup is. However, if you port that head, please consider Jeff @ ImportBuilders.com. He has 320+CFM heads that he can build. Anyways, your a lucky guy to have all those parts. Where did you have the work done? Was it freakin expensive? I can't imagine. I'm only looking to boost 8-18psi with an SC60-1 setup. Should make between 275-375whp with some decent tuning.
Bro, the same setup I have in my car is the same setup my buddy has in his 00 Si. Except I think I'm 0.5mm bigger on the bore, but other then that, he had the same ****. Stock head and all, but he had a T3/T4 turbo in his car and dynoed at 504whp at 25psi. So yea, it's capable of such power. Was insane. You notice I wrote, (he had) he sold his turbo and intake manifold cause he want's to go bigger.
As for where I had the work done, had the block sent off to CA to Golden Eagle to get it sleeved and, had the block bored out at a local shop in town that does great work on racing motors and my buddy with the 00 Si, he did pretty much the whole build of the block. All in all, just for the block and all the parts and all came out to around $3800.
300whp is plenty on the streets. Not to many people you will run across that will be able to take a 300whp car on the streets. So what you plan on doing is respectable.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:52 PM

nice kill i saw the profile and was like WTF?! that's sick. but its still cool, sounded like it was a good race and nobody got too stupid, minus the uber ricer excuse "my vtek wasn't working y0"
Old 09-25-2006, 03:00 PM

Yeah, I'm just still debating over pistons though. I want Wiseco's just because I can make more power at same boost levels as I could with SRP's, or Ross, or maybe even JE and CP. Not sure about those last two though. I just don't know if Wiseco's will be overkill or not. Regardless, my goals are around 300whp when just going to work and school. But close to 400whp when I want to murder someone. If you can get any dyno sheets man...I would love to see those. Mainly to just see how the turbo will react to the motor. I'm pretty much sold on the SC60-1, but I could always make a change last second to maybe something slightly bigger if I thought it could be streetable.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:15 PM

Actually all those manuf. for pistons are good. It's all in what you want. To me there just brand names, and I've never heard of anything bad about any of them really. Actually never really heard of Ross, but the others, lot's of good things from them all. So it's really your flavor. Wiseco's would dif. not be overkill. It's a good choice in my book. I just went with JE cause I've alway's like the JE racing products and never heard anything bad bout them. Those numbers your trying to get are easily achievable with what you want and would still be able to be a daily driver. Like I was saying with my buddy in his 00 Si, at 15psi he was running around 380whp and that was his daily driver, until he wanted to go all out at 25psi at 504whp. But of course you need race gas for all that mess.
As for dyno sheets, I have never dynoed my car. Would like to see what I am making, actually tonight a couple of buddies of mine are gonna go out just to see where our cars stand. This will include a 2001 S2000, Saturn Ion Redline, 2004 SRT-4 with Stage 2 I believe and SS/SC Cobalt. So this should be fun. My buddy with the Cobalt is actually on this forum, and he says I'm probably putting down around 170, to around 180 horsepower to the wheels. But we're not sure. Car weighs around 2650lbs with me in it. But that's just me guessing.
The car is torqy with the set up I have, as you can tell by the way I described my kill against the 5th Gen. prelude. So maybe I'll get some video tonight and show you fella's later on tonight on how things go. Stay tuned.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:46 AM

His Civic goes like stank, I have a hard time running away from him with my SS/SC. Like when we race when its just us in the car we're looking at each other the whole way. It's pretty much a tie, sad thing is I have a blower and he has a motor built for boost.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:48 AM

Yeah Nukem is on this forum too, so all we need is travis to join.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Stilgar
His Civic goes like stank, I have a hard time running away from him with my SS/SC. Like when we race when its just us in the car we're looking at each other the whole way. It's pretty much a tie, sad thing is I have a blower and he has a motor built for boost.
Yea it's a good run between us everytime. Well I got the video ready so I'll post up here in a couple of minutes under a new topic.