War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Me vs Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jonathan923
nice kill, in for vids. ls1 arent fast, i dont know why people brag so much bout them...whats funny is that it could had been a closer race since u arent tuned but either that or the guy wasent shifting right...
lol this makes me laugh. Depending on cam and heads setup he shouldve been like 400-425. There is no way it was an ls1.

indeed but its much faster than a ls1, i cant say urs is slow because its one of my favs but i can say i can beat a stock termi for damm sure
hahah maybe faster then a stock ls1. Ill let you embarrass yourself against mine any day.

Last edited by Chase0224; 05-03-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:06 PM

indeed but its much faster than a ls1, i cant say urs is slow because its one of my favs but i can say i can beat a stock termi for damm sure
Sarcasm or no?
I don't really see that happening if you haven't run your car at the strip. Considering he will have you by most of a second through 60 feet and he won't give any of it back for most of the run... Tell you what, go to the track and get us a video of you beating a Terminator stang that isn't built shitty, or on a crap tune, just find a bone stock one and see.

I'm gone for like 12 hours and this thread doubles in size lol... all about how everyone is saying V-8s are faster than 4 bangers and 2 guys saying they aren't... and a procharged lt1 losing to a Cobalts SS lolol no way dude, there is something you aren't telling us about that one. Someone needs to give these guys a ride in a car that they think they can beat on the track... After their eyeballs get unstuck from the back of their skull maybe they will have a different opinion... I got the balt to be a fast fun daily driver not necessarily to run around screaming "I can beat V-8s", it's just a fringe benefit that it can do it. There is no way anyone on this site is going to beat a decent V-8 with = money put into both motors, sorry guys, not being a fan boy just relaying facts. (v-8s from 1973-1984 are not what I'm talking about, smog years/gas crunch sucked ass)
Old 05-03-2011, 04:04 PM

What dont you ******* retarded assclowns get?! The guy i raced told me what he had. I have no idea if he was lying so any of u *********** wanna keep callin me a liar can shut the **** up! If it wasnt an ls1 or it was i dont ****** care. I beat a evil trans am. Im happy about it. If you r to thanks, if you think im full of ****, you can stick your dick up your own ass.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shibito
If you can beat a stock Terminator you should trap 113+
am sure it can i just never taking it to the track i dont think i am until i have some serious traction and not brake axels lol. the only termi i ran was my friends and he has intake, pulley not sure what size, exhaust and tune but his tune isnt the best. we were dead even up till about 115 when he started pulling on me but had me to about half a car only. hes a good driver btw.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:56 PM

hahah maybe faster then a stock ls1. Ill let you embarrass yourself against mine any day.

yes faster than a stock ls1 for sure. or else i woulndt be saying there slow...and yea it only takes been on the other side of the country to try and act all tough when ur only embarrasing ur self...

btw are the v8 forums to tough for u since u have to come to 4 cylinders to feel so great about ur pos? lol anyone can have what u have is just a matter of choice...gtfo of

Old 05-03-2011, 04:59 PM

....... i think you are confused...... a ls1 with those type of mods would AMTRAC your ass
Old 05-03-2011, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by strazdice
It was he was bsing at first that is was a v6 then said it was an v8 prolly an LT and I asked his friends they said it was as well and figured he we wud beat him, my friend has mods as well, so a bone stock t/c surely would have lost
If he has the stock tune, it doesn't really matter what mods he has. Learn down is the devil. I could see him walking on an exhaust only LT1, but that is about it....

To the OP. Instead of coming on here cussing like a pissed off kid, post this video you supposedly have to prove it. That will shut us up. Then we can tell what you actually raced. Since nobody seems to have any idea.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by frankiess
3.42s are better for top end on those cars. 4.11s and 4.56s are for dig racing. 3.73s and 3.42s are for roll/high speed runs. So catching him on a gear that he should run away on idk.. I'm think it was a lt1 still and the kid was just saying he had a ls1
Not to go back to far, but really - have you driven a 6 speed LT1/LS1?!?!? You do not any steeper gears to get off the line with a manual fourth gen with any decent mods done - you can already practically throw out 1st gear for anything but taking off slow on a steep hill with it, the damn things so steep. 3.73's -maybe, but nothing harsher than that, unless you got stock in a tire company. If I'm feeling it, I can kick off the ASR and roast 'em clear through the first two gears, and that's with that "wienie" of an LT1/heads/cam/full exhaust. Gearing is not an issue. Sounds like maybe he should have installed those two rear spark plugs before he ran you!

From the Cobalt side of things, though, I think I still haven't given the OP props for pissing the guy off. Maybe next time the guy will talk less and wrench/tune more before he thinks he's opening school on anybody.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:07 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

yes faster than a stock ls1 for sure. or else i woulndt be saying there slow...and yea it only takes been on the other side of the country to try and act all tough when ur only embarrasing ur self...

btw are the v8 forums to tough for u since u have to come to 4 cylinders to feel so great about ur pos? lol anyone can have what u have is just a matter of choice...gtfo of

You realize the guy has a Cobalt SS too right?
Old 05-03-2011, 06:13 PM

Agreed, most of us own a fast car and also have a Cobalt SS or another car to DD.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by ford
Agreed, most of us own a fast car and also have a Cobalt SS or another car to DD.

A fast DD is a bonus on top of it! What's surprising to me about this board is how down some people are on Chevy/GM's V8 performance cars - normally there's at least a little bit of respect within the brand.

I'm on second and fourth gen f-body boards, and I don't see nearly as much animosity - there's very little small block hatin' big blocks, genI sbc's hatin' genIV blocks, or Camaro hatin' Trans Ams - just the typical Ford/Chevy or Ford/Mopar stuff. Honestly, is this just turbo/compact car rage? Displacement envy? What gives?
Old 05-03-2011, 07:15 PM

It's called envy SSSnoop. That is all.

Dont get me wrong, i love the balts that is why i am here. However, some of these people think because they drop 6k into a car and manage to edge out a stock 13yr old motor that they are KOTS. That would be like me saying ZO6's arent that fast because i can edge one out after a turbo install.... I dont get the logic, because there is none.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by SSSnoop

A fast DD is a bonus on top of it! What's surprising to me about this board is how down some people are on Chevy/GM's V8 performance cars - normally there's at least a little bit of respect within the brand.

I'm on second and fourth gen f-body boards, and I don't see nearly as much animosity - there's very little small block hatin' big blocks, genI sbc's hatin' genIV blocks, or Camaro hatin' Trans Ams - just the typical Ford/Chevy or Ford/Mopar stuff. Honestly, is this just turbo/compact car rage? Displacement envy? What gives?
I'm with ya no hating on chevy stuff, I'm just trying to striaghten this whole thing out and how it blew up into a bitch fest
Old 05-03-2011, 08:12 PM

good run but with the right heads and cams on an ls-1...... no way a cobalt could keep up. that would put the car close in the high 300 low 400 hp range. the ls-1s respond really well to heads and cams. good run tho.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:12 PM

hahah you dont know how to read do you? I dont need to act tough, i know what my car is capable of. I am a member of LS1tech with the same screen name if you want to look it up lol. You tell me to GTFO but you are the cancer here. Theres no reason to go through and bash cars especially of the same badge.

yeah my DD my plates even say so "slw dd"

Originally Posted by SuperSport4
....... i think you are confused...... a ls1 with those type of mods would AMTRAC your ass
no my ***** weak compared to his almighty cobalt.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:33 PM

[QUOTE=Chase0224;5751808]hahah you dont know how to read do you? I dont need to act tough, i know what my car is capable of. I am a member of LS1tech with the same screen name if you want to look it up lol. You tell me to GTFO but you are the cancer here. Theres no reason to go through and bash cars especially of the same badge.

i love all chevys in general and most gm v8 ls motors but theres is no reason to be afraid of an ls1 if ur making the right amount of whp because in my experiences i havent seen one that really destroys cars out there like all you keep talking about, ohh heads and cams and there beast! blah blah in stock form there slow for a v8 now days and if the OP did beat one with w.e he says he had then just take it and dont get into all this none sense that it couldnt have this or that or it would had destroyed him, because it takes more than many reasons why cobalts beat higher horse power cars and am sure u know it..am not saying that my balt is all mighty but for the power it makes it does really good specially when u beat 8 cylinders no matter what brand.

so just keep the trash talk cummin i could care less...
Old 05-03-2011, 08:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SSSnoop
Not to go back to far, but really - have you driven a 6 speed LT1/LS1?!?!? You do not any steeper gears to get off the line with a manual fourth gen with any decent mods done - you can already practically throw out 1st gear for anything but taking off slow on a steep hill with it, the damn things so steep. 3.73's -maybe, but nothing harsher than that, unless you got stock in a tire company. If I'm feeling it, I can kick off the ASR and roast 'em clear through the first two gears, and that's with that "wienie" of an LT1/heads/cam/full exhaust. Gearing is not an issue. Sounds like maybe he should have installed those two rear spark plugs before he ran you!

From the Cobalt side of things, though, I think I still haven't given the OP props for pissing the guy off. Maybe next time the guy will talk less and wrench/tune more before he thinks he's opening school on anybody.
Its amazing what RWD can do.... I have 3.91's in my GTO and as long as its not too cold out, I can mash the throttle at any RPM in 1st gear and barely chirp, and I'm on a stock suspension/tire width. The 4th gen guys can easiy make use of 4.10's if they use a wider tire, sticky tire, or even have a suspension setup that aids in traction (not to mention the SRA vs my IRS helps here too). Besides, even if you have enough torque that you can roast the tires easy in 1st, then you just have to use some actual driving skill to avoid doing so and going WOT until you're in 2nd gear (or 3rd, or w/e), and then the gears are helping you again.
Originally Posted by Black Napkin
good run but with the right heads and cams on an ls-1...... no way a cobalt could keep up. that would put the car close in the high 300 low 400 hp range. the ls-1s respond really well to heads and cams. good run tho.
cam only LS1's easily reach high 300's-low 400whp... a cam heads LS1 will be low-high 400's

Originally Posted by overboostedss
What dont you ******* retarded assclowns get?! The guy i raced told me what he had. I have no idea if he was lying so any of u *********** wanna keep callin me a liar can shut the **** up! If it wasnt an ls1 or it was i dont ****** care. I beat a evil trans am. Im happy about it. If you r to thanks, if you think im full of ****, you can stick your dick up your own ass.
Chill the hell out....you sound like a 4 year old now. Everyone is calling BS on the fact that you raced a heads/cam LS1 4th gen. No one is bagging on you specifically or saying your a lying piece of **** or anything like that...just saying what you claim isnt the truth...whether that be because you are lying or because the person who you raced is lying is irrelevant
Old 05-03-2011, 09:12 PM

i love all chevys in general and most gm v8 ls motors but theres is no reason to be afraid of an ls1 if ur making the right amount of whp because in my experiences i havent seen one that really destroys cars out there like all you keep talking about, ohh heads and cams and there beast! blah blah in stock form there slow for a v8 now days and if the OP did beat one with w.e he says he had then just take it and dont get into all this none sense that it couldnt have this or that or it would had destroyed him, because it takes more than many reasons why cobalts beat higher horse power cars and am sure u know it..am not saying that my balt is all mighty but for the power it makes it does really good specially when u beat 8 cylinders no matter what brand.

113mph traps aren't impressive, nor is that even outside of a light bolt on ls1. You keep saying its not fast for a v8 now yet they still run right with the best out there.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:01 PM

113mph traps aren't impressive, nor is that even outside of a light bolt on ls1. You keep saying its not fast for a v8 now yet they still run right with the best out there.
Really - stock to stock, the SS/TC slots between an LT1 and an LS1 equipped f-body - slightly faster than the LT1, but slower than the LS1. And when you compare cost-per-mod and the results, the Cobalt doesn't really magically jump away from either.

Actually that says a lot about the Cobalt. But does it make it a Camaro killer? Maybe. Sometimes. But should the Camaro be the standard of comparison for the Cobalt? When I bought my sedan, I was gunning for the Evo's, skittles and the STI's - not muscle cars.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by overboostedss
The vast majority of us are not talking to you... we are trying to convince jonathan that a v-8 can be almost as fast as his epic cobalt
Old 05-03-2011, 10:07 PM

113mph traps can be 11's
Old 05-03-2011, 11:12 PM

[QUOTE=jonathan923;5751858]
Originally Posted by Chase0224
hahah you dont know how to read do you? I dont need to act tough, i know what my car is capable of. I am a member of LS1tech with the same screen name if you want to look it up lol. You tell me to GTFO but you are the cancer here. Theres no reason to go through and bash cars especially of the same badge.

you say they arent impressive compared to cars today, but you are just looking at the hp numbers. Sure the 5th gen camaros make what 430 stock? look at what they run at the track and how heavy they are. A 9+ year old car isnt far off that time. Say what you want but i would take a RWD lsx anyday over any cobalt any day. RWD>>FWD. My tuned cobalt barely holds traction in second on brand new nt05s let alone from a dig. At the track i should be able to do 5k clutch dumps all day and keep traction. Show me a 375 HP+ cobalt that can do that. Not to mention the fact there arent many 375+ cobalts out there. Keep trying...
Old 05-03-2011, 11:20 PM

/end thread.... really it just needs to be deleted...
#1. OP was obviously mistaken on mods or person lied
#2. FWD<RWD
#3. Cobalts are great especially SS/TC's for using lighweight and turbo power on rolls....
#4. a Stock Cobalt SS/TC "CAN" beat a LS1, it just has to be a auto
#5 Shibito thinks your all slow, and even himself is slow
#6 LS1 SS > LS3 SS weight and truck ride height and donk rims doesnt beat areo and a huge diet sorry Bumblebee SS fans
#7 Cobalt SS's are gods gift to the world accept it already! they took that place from Turbo Honda's
#8 (following #7 of course) a Cobalt SS is not intended to be your "fast car" its ment to be a "fast DD", go get a really american car to modify yourself (see a V8 pony car)
Old 05-04-2011, 09:10 AM

blah blah in stock form there slow for a v8 now days.
What is your definition of fast then? Was your Cobalt able to run 12's stock? Hell, can it run 12's now? I would think so, but since you've never been to the track, who knows?
Old 05-04-2011, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by BlueTurbo
What is your definition of fast then? Was your Cobalt able to run 12's stock? Hell, can it run 12's now? I would think so, but since you've never been to the track, who knows?
350hp ls1 was fast back on the day, compared to the ones we have now days i say ls3, ls7,ls9, lsx is damm fast. am not taking my car to the track until i have all my traction mods done, and even then its still hard becasue its fwd. besides i dont even do track so quit ur bs and move on.

Quick Reply: Me vs Trans Am