War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Me vs Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 11:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ford
I think you kind of committed yourself to this arguement by throwing out ignorant opinions and the few "facts" you have given arent even correct.

Also, lets get it straight that we dont care about your feelings one way or another. What everyone cares about is the misinformation you are spewing.

You still havent been able to refute that the cars you consider fast and LS1 are pretty much identical in times/speed. Also, you dog the LS1 but even with your list of mods you can barely out trap a stock LS1.

You just keep talking out of your ass, assuming you are right and all 45 other people are wrong.
for the tenth time smart one i dont do drag, the day i do is when am probably bored and tired as hell of 40 and 60 rolls. i can care less trap times and all that crap. i can put cars on a stock and somewhat modded ls1 because after running an ls2 c6 and beating it i know i dont even have to bother trying an ls1...now quit ur damm whinnin, if there so damm fast its only because they have plenty of years of usage and vendors to make em fast otherwise theyll wouldnt be but in STOCK they aint **** compared to cars that are lighter and with alittle less or same horsepower! specialy if they have 4 cylinders less! do you get my F***in point now? on top of that motors change and times change if not they wouldnt had came up with the newer ls series...god damm.

Last edited by jonathan923; 05-04-2011 at 11:25 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no... your car is slow as **** stock, what is your point? I can take a Ls1 and less than $1000 and walk all over a LS2 C6 from a roll OR a dig

also don't pull the ******* ricer **** with "4 less cylinders" in racing, its run what ya brung, and hope you brung enough...

if you really want to do that math, without a damn supercharger your car would be getting curb stomped by a civic Si

now with that being said, the LSJs come supercharged from the factory and the LNFs turbo, and that is to our benefit, but if you're going to do ricer math, do it both ways

and i'd love to see your LSJ run even an exhaust only/tuned LS1 from a dig, lol

real men race from a dig, ricers race from a roll...

btw, the 1st stock block LS1 ran in the 9s before the year 2000, with less than 3 years of research into an all aluminum block... has a stock block LSJ ran in the 10s yet?

there was a time when the ONLY options you had to tune a LS1 were: a Diablo Sport/Predator/Hypertech programmer or LS1edit, Ls1edit was COMPLICATED software, you had to pretty much be an engineer to use it... and guys STILL got the best out of it, Hptuners has surpassed it and Ls1edit isn't even supported anymore... but the pioneers of building LS1s did a hell of a lot without near the amount of technology we have today in tuning and were still able to get into the 9s

it was the engine that did that, NOT the tuners, and that is why with updated technology comes NEW records: for an engine that debuted in 1997 in the Corvette

Last edited by 08inBama; 05-04-2011 at 11:35 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:45 PM

lol dude if i dont do digs is not because i dont want to..i used to dig people when i was supercharged...so why would i dig now that i spin on 40 rolls as well lol. my car insint making the most whp down here either but none of us turbo lsjs down here do either track or 1st gear rolls. i sometimes do 40 rolls for the fun of spinnig then playing catch up thats all..but then again i dont go out racing everyday... and i wouldnt be stupid and give a dig to a car that has better traction then i do. but i can tell u a ls1 with exhaust and tune as u say wouldnt do much but a waste of gas for me.

oh sorry i dont mean to hurt ls1 lovers feelings lol.

8 page thread and moving on....lol
Old 05-05-2011, 02:46 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RyRidesMotox
Gonna have to agree there. I am kinda at the end of the road for my balt, she is staying where she is at mods wise. LS motors are beasts, they will be like the SBC before them... 50 years before a new better design comes out (well maybe not since of the new C7 is supposed to have that DI 5.3 V-8). You can't really beat a 4 bolt main bearing assembly with a forged lower end to start off with in a V-8... that is a mod ready motor, love the LS motors. I can keep up with quite a few but not ones that have gone into the heads or any part of the motor for horsepower... they just put out too much power for my car to overcome. And I am not running a tune only balt either... I have intake, upper and lower charge pipes, TR8 intercooler, 3 inch downpipe, 24psi tune, E85/91 mix and some good tires and I would be hard pressed to keep up with a LS that the OP was talking about... There is a reason why the camaro was almost twice what a mustang was for insurance in the 2000+ model years. Thats why I don't drive one, couldn't afford it back then.
the new motor is supposed to be a 5.5l, and im pretty sure its still in the LS family, so it will have many many interchangeable parts with the other LS motors. Also, all LS motors have 6 bolt mains, not 4

Originally Posted by jonathan923
lol dude if i dont do digs is not because i dont want to..i used to dig people when i was supercharged...so why would i dig now that i spin on 40 rolls as well lol. my car insint making the most whp down here either but none of us turbo lsjs down here do either track or 1st gear rolls. i sometimes do 40 rolls for the fun of spinnig then playing catch up thats all..but then again i dont go out racing everyday... and i wouldnt be stupid and give a dig to a car that has better traction then i do. but i can tell u a ls1 with exhaust and tune as u say wouldnt do much but a waste of gas for me.

so much retardation...i cant take it anymore. hes gotta just be trolling all of us...
Old 05-05-2011, 02:50 AM

this thread makes me lulz
Old 05-05-2011, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by HunterKiller89
the new motor is supposed to be a 5.5l, and im pretty sure its still in the LS family, so it will have many many interchangeable parts with the other LS motors. Also, all LS motors have 6 bolt mains, not 4

so much retardation...i cant take it anymore. hes gotta just be trolling all of us...
I thought the next chevy smallblocks were going to be DI DOHC?
Old 05-05-2011, 03:09 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cakeeater
I thought the next chevy smallblocks were going to be DI DOHC?
5.5l DI, but its maintaining the classic 2 valve cam-in-block Its likely that all parts will be interchangeable excluding the block itself.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:53 AM

I dont ever discredit the LS series engines by any means, Ive driven several, and worked on far more. If the OP killed one then congrats. Sometimes people do lie about their mod list and not everyone is up on every make/model/sound from diff parts.

Like all cars though, its racing and there are things like compression problems, blown cylinders, fouled spark plugs, broken distributor contacts, broken spark plug wires, broken injectors, etc etc so on and so forth that could mean that he is making far less hp than normal engines with those mods would have.

As far as them being fast stock, some will be faster than others, not every production LS1 will run 12.8, some wont break 13.5. I personally have witnessed a stock LS1 WS6 get beaten by a 2.7 60s lsj. I raced him with my 3.0 42s and he pulled me by about a half car and then I stayed with my headlights next to his door until about 110. The TA is autotragic so dont bring up driver mod lol.

My bosses LS2 pulls off hard on our LSJs but cannot get a full car length on a Tuned only HHR SS/TC (infiniboost) until after ~115. The LS2 is also an autotragic with intake and axle back only.

My LSJ will soon slaughter his LS2 though lol.

l8r,
PD
Old 05-05-2011, 07:17 AM

none of you go from a dig because you'd lose to cars you shouldn't from a dig

I know that game, I see it played commonly... sure you're down to go run from a 40ish or higher... very little skill there, as long as you can shift decently all is well

now getting the power to get ground efficiently from a dig, more than just throwing damn gears
Old 05-05-2011, 07:47 AM

Its called Peddling your car so you dont burn every gear you got but i guess if you only race from 40 and 60 mph rolls, wich is just funny as hell to me lol, then you have no driving skill off the line wich is why you dont drag and why your car is slow to me. Btw im all for a good roll race im not a dig or die kinda guy but a 60 roll lol really that just sounds like some good old fashion ricer/import stuff to me, were not driving Porches and Ferraris on the autobahn here.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:51 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
for the tenth time smart one i dont do drag, the day i do is when am probably bored and tired as hell of 40 and 60 rolls. i can care less trap times and all that crap. i can put cars on a stock and somewhat modded ls1 because after running an ls2 c6 and beating it i know i dont even have to bother trying an ls1...now quit ur damm whinnin, if there so damm fast its only because they have plenty of years of usage and vendors to make em fast otherwise theyll wouldnt be but in STOCK they aint **** compared to cars that are lighter and with alittle less or same horsepower! specialy if they have 4 cylinders less! do you get my F***in point now? on top of that motors change and times change if not they wouldnt had came up with the newer ls series...god damm.
This is possibly the stupidest statement I have ever read on this forum. So you're pretty much saying any car slower then you is slow? You're a damn tool, that's all there is to it.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:16 AM

done with all you people lol. Shib i was comparing my car only to a stock or lightly modded ls1 haha and just because i can beat a car does not mean its slow that maks no sense what u said because thats not the way i put it. but what ever yall think w.e the **** u want.

Last edited by jonathan923; 05-05-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:29 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
done with all you idiots lol. Shib i was comparing my car only to a stock or lightly modded ls1 haha and just because i can beat a car does not mean its slow that maks no sense what u said because thats not the way i put it. but what ever yall think w.e the **** u want.
Comparing your car to another and saying it's slow because you beat it is absolutely stupid.

As for the new LS motors, they're cool, but GM keeps putting them in fat pigs (except the LS9 and LS7 of course) so a lot of the time the LS1 F-Bodies are still keeping up with them.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:05 AM

done with all you people lol. Shib i was comparing my car only to a stock or lightly modded ls1 haha and just because i can beat a car does not mean its slow that maks no sense what u said because thats not the way i put it. but what ever yall think w.e the **** u want.
What really, why? We were all just starting to get along
Old 05-05-2011, 09:35 AM

indeed we are
Old 05-05-2011, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Shibito
Comparing your car to another and saying it's slow because you beat it is absolutely stupid.

As for the new LS motors, they're cool, but GM keeps putting them in fat pigs (except the LS9 and LS7 of course) so a lot of the time the LS1 F-Bodies are still keeping up with them.
That's why everyone is waiting with bated breath for the Alpha platform Camaro. Rumored to be about 3300-3600 pounds with the same (or more) hp from a 5.5L DI OHV V8. No more sedan platform for F-bodies lol.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:30 PM

If they actually do such a drastic diet for the next camaro, then it will actually be a well performing pony car again, prolly still be ugly as sin, but better
Old 05-05-2011, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Boss002
If they actually do such a drastic diet for the next camaro, then it will actually be a well performing pony car again, prolly still be ugly as sin, but better
this
Old 05-05-2011, 01:33 PM

this kids an idiot. hes bitching that his car isnt for digs so he will only race rolls which are his strong point, but yet talks **** on cars where their stronger point is a dig. I can show you plenty of fbodies and owners that i personally know who would give you your 40 roll and they would rape you every which way. Me included. All you are is a ricer plain and simple.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Chase0224
this kids an idiot. hes bitching that his car isnt for digs so he will only race rolls which are his strong point, but yet talks **** on cars where their stronger point is a dig. I can show you plenty of fbodies and owners that i personally know who would give you your 40 roll and they would rape you every which way. Me included. All you are is a ricer plain and simple.
thats all...
Old 05-05-2011, 05:43 PM

[QUOTE=SSSnoop;5751381]Not to go back to far, but really - have you driven a 6 speed LT1/LS1?!?!? You do not any steeper gears to get off the line with a manual fourth gen with any decent mods done - you can already practically throw out 1st gear for anything but taking off slow on a steep hill with it, the damn things so steep. 3.73's -maybe, but nothing harsher than that, unless you got stock in a tire company. If I'm feeling it, I can kick off the ASR and roast 'em clear through the first two gears, and that's with that "wienie" of an LT1/heads/cam/full exhaust. Gearing is not an issue. Sounds like maybe he should have installed those two rear spark plugs before he ran you!
[QUOTE]

Yea i have owned a few LT1s auto and 6spd and have owned a few ls1s all 6speeds and have driven the ls2 in a vette, ls3 in new camaro, and ls7 in the C6z06 and currently own a ls2 in my TBSS. And The Trans am i already posted in this thread had 4.56s in it and hooked like a **** and did 1.5 60's all day long at the track. I have yet to own anything with less than 4.10s (owned a bunch of mustangs) even mt TBSS has 4.11s in the front AND rear.

They said that the ta had him off the line and they reeled him in.. Now if he has 3.42s he would not be losing any gear and be continuing to climb in speed and not go through rpm as fast making it a highway gear, thus why turbo cars has 3.42s or less so they have all top end meaning its not for drag racing. 3.73s sometimes, but mostly steeper are made for acceleration not top end and thats why most dig racing cars have those gears. I said nothing about smoking the tires off or anything like that. But if you have 3.42s in your LSx car and i have the 4.56s in that TA i posted pics of i will 60' you all day long, but if the race goes on for a long time, you will catch me because i will run out of gear.

I think you mis interupted what i meant when i made my statement.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:02 PM

You can roll race my close friends ta (not the one pictured) and do 70-170mph? Thats usually the rule of roll racing (up here atleast). whereever you start you go 100mph+ and first one there wins. As long as you dont mind racing a 700rwhp car? And yes its a stock block, 5.3heads, stock crank, stock intake. Only mods is cam, pistons and rods, and TT kit... Since you have a turbo kit on yours, its only fair right for him to add them to his??

btw.. this is my gfs name and i havent had time to get mine. And im not trying to knock any cobalts as i think they are great cars for what they are fast/fun dds thus why i got her one for christmas. I just chose the lsx power thus why i got myself the TBSS with the ls2 in it.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:21 PM

No, the way you put it was, "ls1s are slow." A cam only ls1 would whomp on you.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:03 PM

I just cant believe we are arguing with a kid that doesn't drag race, barely races on the street and likes to brag about his modded 4 cyl but doesn't want to compare modded v8.

All I hear from you is that you are proud that you can run with some stock v8 cars. You tell us to look at how slow they are all while ignoring how much work it took for your car to even theoretically trap 113.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by ford
I just cant believe we are arguing with a kid that doesn't drag race, barely races on the street and likes to brag about his modded 4 cyl but doesn't want to compare modded v8.

All I hear from you is that you are proud that you can run with some stock v8 cars. You tell us to look at how slow they are all while ignoring how much work it took for your car to even theoretically trap 113.
our big heavy 5klb suv traps that. haha.. Hell it does 100-102 stock

Details on the som z28?

Quick Reply: Me vs Trans Am