War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Me vs. a WRX and a civic SI

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
So if I want to upgrade to FI at all on my NA car, I need to beef up all my internals?

lolololololskatesgoboomlolol

Two most ricey comments I've seen in a while. Ah, so good.

who are you? You made two stupid comments with no argument....WHEN YOU TURBO A HONDA YOU BETTER UPGRADE THE INTERNALS lol. They dont last long if you dont. Any idiot knows this. I owned a honda before this...a k20 in fact. If your that stupid to go turbo and run only 5 psi then you are a waste of life.

Originally Posted by drew1991sf
i have no knowledge ur the one who doesnt know that all u can change on the civic si motor when at that time the guy whose was running 11 psi was pistons. and it would be a waste to just do those when he could just wait for more stuff to be out.
u know absolutely nothing about modding cars so do every1 a favor and stfu. its a good thing u dont post much
u seem to think also that ppl always upgrade internals when puttin a turbo on a honda........ur just making urself look like an idiot which i guess u are

Yea the people who dont run 5psi comptech superchargers that are pointless....Anything more and you are pushing what that motor can handle. Look Drew ill make this simple for you....you know nothing about hondas or what they are capable of. Go ahead and run turbo on a honda for more than a couple thousand miles without it going kaboom. It sucks you post so much....im tired of people calling you an idiot, myself included. =(

Last edited by Mike09SS; 07-16-2009 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-16-2009, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by 1badBlueberrySC
Well Hondata isn't available for them yet (that I know of)... but there are a couple more... I rode in a buddies' 08 Si and he's beta testing the Cobb tuner for them... it was pretty cool I have to admit
hondata is available for the 8th gen civics........i was going to get it for my si when i had it but then test drove the ss/tc and immediately traded lol..........theres a guy in my area that has header, test pipe, intake, throttle body, full exhaust, and hondata, and the car is pretty fast

Originally Posted by drew1991sf
u seem to think that the civic si can run more than 11-12psi on stock internals. that is very unsafe with a very high compression ratio. and ya cuz gm wouldnt of made the SS with more power if they decided to go n/a. learn something then come back and talk to me.
the new k20 si motor can run a max of 8-9psi and thats in the danger range, you would have to change the internals because the factory motor is a high compression motor, you swap to a lower compression (along with other things) and then you can run higher boost without going KABOOM

Last edited by purplehaze03; 07-16-2009 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-16-2009, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mike09SS
Yea the people who dont run 5psi comptech superchargers that are pointless....Anything more and you are pushing what that motor can handle. Look Drew ill make this simple for you....you know nothing about hondas or what they are capable of. Go ahead and run turbo on a honda for more than a couple thousand miles without it going kaboom. It sucks you post so much....im tired of people calling you an idiot, myself included. =(
that was my point that he could only run that much on the stock internals.....then u started sayin ik notn about cars. of course im not gonna take that cuz u dont know ****. and the stupid thing about ur comment is that ik of a s2k that has put down over 700whp on stock internals so not every honda do u need to mess with internals. so just go back to not posting u worthless pos

Originally Posted by purplehaze03
the new k20 si motor can run a max of 8-9psi and thats in the danger range, you would have to change the internals because the factory motor is a high compression motor, you swap to a lower compression (along with other things) and then you can run higher boost without going KABOOM
ik that was my point lol that on the stock internals 11psi at 270whp was very good but mike didnt think that was high boost LOL

Last edited by drew1991sf; 07-16-2009 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-16-2009, 02:04 PM

who are you? You made two stupid comments with no argument....WHEN YOU TURBO A HONDA YOU BETTER UPGRADE THE INTERNALS lol. They dont last long if you dont. Any idiot knows this. I owned a honda before this...a k20 in fact. If your that stupid to go turbo and run only 5 psi then you are a waste of life.

you know nothing about hondas or what they are capable of. Go ahead and run turbo on a honda for more than a couple thousand miles without it going kaboom. It sucks you post so much....im tired of people calling you an idiot, myself included. =(
Wow. You don't have much experience with Hondas do you? Because you couldn't be more wrong.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:06 PM

ya ik that 5psi gets them alot of power. lol3
hes just stupid his mom dropped him on his head as a baby
Old 07-16-2009, 02:07 PM

civic si's are teh slow

/end thread
Old 07-16-2009, 02:19 PM

s2ks or f20cs and f22cs have very high compression and love boost. once you get into the 400whp range you need to change out the headgasket to lower compression. the compression is still rediculous for fi though. with proper tuning the k20s can be boosted rather high without many mods.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by 09BlueBaltSS
The more numbers and letters after the core engine code the mo powa its gotz!!!
O, I get it... So the k20 makes 20 whp!

must be a VVT lawnmower engine
Old 07-16-2009, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by beefy Si
Wow. You don't have much experience with Hondas do you? Because you couldn't be more wrong.
yeah im going to have to agree AJP has a turbo kit for the new si that puts it at 8-9lbs of boost.....and 310whp..... you dont have to have high boost pressure to make power!
Old 07-16-2009, 05:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
O, I get it... So the k20 makes 20 whp!

must be a VVT lawnmower engine
got me beat, i only have 11hp
Old 07-16-2009, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Nismothecat
got me beat, i only have 11hp

lol
Old 07-16-2009, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by austinss
My friends 06 civic si has the all japanese performance turbo kit and makes 400whp and it's no joke. As far as hondata, they do offer a tune for the newer civic si. With header, intake, exhaust, and tune hondatuning magazine gained 30whp.
I think its funny. Because the si's sellfor more than a ss/tc and a tune on a ss/tc is gaining it 50-60 whp+++ and 60 +++ wtrq. And those bolts. Plus a FI car will make a fair bit more on a good tune with good mods.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Champ_
I think its funny. Because the si's sellfor more than a ss/tc and a tune on a ss/tc is gaining it 50-60 whp+++ and 60 +++ wtrq. And those bolts. Plus a FI car will make a fair bit more on a good tune with good mods.
got any vids of his car?
Old 07-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Banned

I owned a k20 for 3 years. 8 or 9 psi on stock internals = a honda not lasting to long.

and drew show me this s2k running on stock internals 700whp safley lol....stfu

yeah im going to have to agree AJP has a turbo kit for the new si that puts it at 8-9lbs of boost.....and 310whp..... you dont have to have high boost pressure to make power!

um thias goes back to the MAIN TOPIC...where i told drew he was an idiot for thinking hondas are slow....you know when he said a high boost honda was slow lol...Im pretty sure that was the real reason for me even chiming in on this topic. Boosted honda=better than drews shitty lsj anyday. and for 90 percent of the cars on this board.

Last edited by Mike09SS; 07-16-2009 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-16-2009, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by madlion
s2ks or f20cs and f22cs have very high compression and love boost. once you get into the 400whp range you need to change out the headgasket to lower compression. the compression is still rediculous for fi though. with proper tuning the k20s can be boosted rather high without many mods.

This is ******* hilarious.... Last time I checked a Headgasket was to keep coolant and oil from mixing at the interface of head and block.

Compression ratio is determined by volume MORON

please read before you open your face
http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles...tio/index.html
Old 07-16-2009, 06:56 PM

I owned a k20 for 3 years. 8 or 9 psi on stock internals = a honda not lasting to long.

and drew show me this s2k running on stock internals 700whp safley lol....stfu

um thias goes back to the MAIN TOPIC...where i told drew he was an idiot for thinking hondas are slow....you know when he said a high boost honda was slow lol...Im pretty sure that was the real reason for me even chiming in on this topic. Boosted honda=better than drews shitty lsj anyday. and for 90 percent of the cars on this board.
i had a 07 si and was going to do the ajpkit but its just cheaper to do the ss/tc and get the same power! i mean i can spend <2000 and be at 310whp, or 5000 on the ajp kit with parts and install and get that, i have a family i have to be reasonable ya know

or i could have went greddy but i i love my chevys

Last edited by purplehaze03; 07-16-2009 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-16-2009, 07:48 PM
Banned

i had a 07 si and was going to do the ajpkit but its just cheaper to do the ss/tc and get the same power! i mean i can spend <2000 and be at 310whp, or 5000 on the ajp kit with parts and install and get that, i have a family i have to be reasonable ya know

I understand that. Thats why i bought the cobalt. I saw what they were making with a tune and decided it was safe and cheap. the point i was trying to make is that to say the k20 is **** and slow on HIGH BOOST is spoken like a true retard. No im not referring to you...one of our other intelligent members. I wonder if he will get it....
Old 07-16-2009, 07:55 PM
Banned

I understand that. Thats why i bought the cobalt. I saw what they were making with a tune and decided it was safe and cheap. the point i was trying to make is that to say the k20 is **** and slow on HIGH BOOST is spoken like a true retard. No im not referring to you...one of our other intelligent members. I wonder if he will get it....
Old 07-16-2009, 09:26 PM
Banned

At the end of the day its still a damn Honda and they both lossed to a SS. Could be driver or car but either way he won. Some cars have freak motors and some dont.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:29 PM

mike i never said it was safely running 700whp but it did for about 2months LOL. it blew the tranny in about 2wks then motor 5wks later. AHAHAH but it was a shop testin the limits on the car they had a built motor waiting for it to blow to put the built one on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUFFudEJnjk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=700MzNaByfQ
Old 07-17-2009, 08:14 AM

You are generalizing. I have had tons of Honda engines in multiple chassis'. For example my B18B LS turbo. I ran that thing on 11-12 psi on a tuned Hondata S300 for a very long time SAFELY before I sold it. I made 305whp with a just few supporting mods. Stock internals. I took the boost down just a couple of times but I daily drove it on 11 psi average.... Nothing. Not a single problem. To say 8-9 psi on a Honda not lasting too long, I think you would mean the retards that piece together a shitty kit and then go out and play 2F2F every day. If you know what you are doing and put on a conservative tune, it WILL last a very long time and WILL be reliable. That goes for B, D, F, and K series. H is the least desired for boost because of the ring lands and cylinder walls. That motor shines naturally aspirated however.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:54 AM

ty beefy for the facts
Old 07-17-2009, 12:55 PM
Banned

You are generalizing. I have had tons of Honda engines in multiple chassis'. For example my B18B LS turbo. I ran that thing on 11-12 psi on a tuned Hondata S300 for a very long time SAFELY before I sold it. I made 305whp with a just few supporting mods. Stock internals. I took the boost down just a couple of times but I daily drove it on 11 psi average.... Nothing. Not a single problem. To say 8-9 psi on a Honda not lasting too long, I think you would mean the retards that piece together a shitty kit and then go out and play 2F2F every day. If you know what you are doing and put on a conservative tune, it WILL last a very long time and WILL be reliable. That goes for B, D, F, and K series. H is the least desired for boost because of the ring lands and cylinder walls. That motor shines naturally aspirated however.

Some people have good experiences and some dont....But as far as ive known and have been told by local tuners, they wouldnt recommend it. I wouldnt take my chances. To each their own I guess.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:07 PM

Some people have good experiences and some dont....But as far as ive known and have been told by local tuners, they wouldnt recommend it. I wouldnt take my chances. To each their own I guess.
There are very few Honda folk out there that don't take shortcuts. I wish I could say the same for the other 85%.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by MaxVQ35DE
This is ******* hilarious.... Last time I checked a Headgasket was to keep coolant and oil from mixing at the interface of head and block.

Compression ratio is determined by volume MORON

please read before you open your face
http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles...tio/index.html
Ive heard of ppl switching to a thicker headgasket (copper or aluminum id guess) to lower compression a smidge. Dont know how much it would actually help. Maybe lowers it by like .2 or something

Quick Reply: Me vs. a WRX and a civic SI