War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Me vs. a WRX and a civic SI

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the civic was slow yes, it was running as high of boost as it was allowed to w/o motor blowing, and no to number 4
Old 07-18-2009, 09:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by drew1991sf
the civic was slow yes, it was running as high of boost as it was allowed to w/o motor blowing, and no to number 4

hahaha
Old 07-19-2009, 03:05 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike09SS
I used caps so drew could clearly see what I wrote....it does get frustrating after the 5th time ive wrote something and he still is putting the wrong words in my mouth. Read the whole topic again...you will see he just never gets my point, or just can not read.

No offense but your a pretty hypocritical guy. You should probably read your statements...they really contradict each other. i think 14 year olds look to each for approval from each other.

Id like me to...im a pretty nice guy. the only person i take shots at is drew...mostly because his claims are utterly hillarious and ridiculous. First hondas on high boost are slow...then there compression is to high for high boost...yet lets post a video of an s2k making 700whp trying to proove hondas can hold boost like that on stock parts. But in the end say it blew up in 2 weeks lol....I mean come on thats hillarious man. Forgive me...this kid is my fun on the internet. Ill back off haha.
None the less, fighting on the internet is like winning the special Olympics. 'Yelling' and making yourself out like that is terrible.

Two, hypocritical and contradictory are two differenet things. I was pulling your leg, It takes ALOT to get my riled up, like, a lot. I can say vagina without being upset. I haven't contradicted myself once. And no, 14 year olds are in high school and want to one up each other more so than gain approval.

I was being sarcastic with that though, I don't know you well, but saying things like the K20 is better than the LSJ/LNF because it makes 197bhp NA is totally false. It was engineered to be such, just as the LSJ/LNF were also engineered to use higher amounts of boost. If they wanted, they could have made a 300bhp NA motor for this car, but they didn't, they are trying to hit a target consumer and have a modable car, which is exactly what they did. The K20 is good, especially NA wise. Its a honda, great head flow, great power band, great gearing, the usual honda enthusiast thing. Thats like saying the LE5 is greater than the LSJ because it makes 163bhp stock. And also, Evos, STIs, SRT4s, Mini Coopers, etc are all FI'ed cars made to have a certain hp, and using the argument that 'if you took it off it wouldn't have xxx' total ricer mentality. It was engineered with it, why would you take it off of a motor made to run on high pressure?

and three, when most people want to run FI on hondas they also don't want to fuly build the motor. Well, not most, I'd say....60/40. People want to know what the stock block can take and they'll run the appropriate amount of boost on it to have a fun DD, but if they're trying to have an all out race car or they just want to build it, they will. Also when I said that more PSI isn't always better. comptech SC's for the k20....drop down too low, spinning the blower to fast and endangering the motor and SC, you want to run in your efficiency range to not create heatsoak or to overspin your FI method. turbos have the same thing. If my turbo can only do 12 pounds saftley but I want 15, it would be silly for me to go above and out of my efficiency range to overspin my turbo uselessly. That is what I meant by that.

Think about more than just one way. MANY turbo hondas I know use them as there dailey drivers and don't want to have to build the engine, but have a nice, fun car. Don't think about it like everyone wants to build a super fast race car, some people want to just enjoy what they have for what it is.

PS - high boost on a boost-ready motor is different than a motor that can do the same thing, or better on half the PSI. High boost for a stock block honda can be 7-9 pounds, for a built, it will obviously be quite a bit of difference.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
None the less, fighting on the internet is like winning the special Olympics. 'Yelling' and making yourself out like that is terrible.

Two, hypocritical and contradictory are two differenet things. I was pulling your leg, It takes ALOT to get my riled up, like, a lot. I can say vagina without being upset. I haven't contradicted myself once. And no, 14 year olds are in high school and want to one up each other more so than gain approval.

I was being sarcastic with that though, I don't know you well, but saying things like the K20 is better than the LSJ/LNF because it makes 197bhp NA is totally false. It was engineered to be such, just as the LSJ/LNF were also engineered to use higher amounts of boost. If they wanted, they could have made a 300bhp NA motor for this car, but they didn't, they are trying to hit a target consumer and have a modable car, which is exactly what they did. The K20 is good, especially NA wise. Its a honda, great head flow, great power band, great gearing, the usual honda enthusiast thing. Thats like saying the LE5 is greater than the LSJ because it makes 163bhp stock. And also, Evos, STIs, SRT4s, Mini Coopers, etc are all FI'ed cars made to have a certain hp, and using the argument that 'if you took it off it wouldn't have xxx' total ricer mentality. It was engineered with it, why would you take it off of a motor made to run on high pressure?

and three, when most people want to run FI on hondas they also don't want to fuly build the motor. Well, not most, I'd say....60/40. People want to know what the stock block can take and they'll run the appropriate amount of boost on it to have a fun DD, but if they're trying to have an all out race car or they just want to build it, they will. Also when I said that more PSI isn't always better. comptech SC's for the k20....drop down too low, spinning the blower to fast and endangering the motor and SC, you want to run in your efficiency range to not create heatsoak or to overspin your FI method. turbos have the same thing. If my turbo can only do 12 pounds saftley but I want 15, it would be silly for me to go above and out of my efficiency range to overspin my turbo uselessly. That is what I meant by that.

Think about more than just one way. MANY turbo hondas I know use them as there dailey drivers and don't want to have to build the engine, but have a nice, fun car. Don't think about it like everyone wants to build a super fast race car, some people want to just enjoy what they have for what it is.

PS - high boost on a boost-ready motor is different than a motor that can do the same thing, or better on half the PSI. High boost for a stock block honda can be 7-9 pounds, for a built, it will obviously be quite a bit of difference.

I already understand everything you just said. You choosing not to explain what you MEANT by your comments, while being sarcasic earlier was your own fault. This whole paragraph is basic knowledge. But thanks for explaining anyways.

Ive seen rsxs run 9's and the same with ecotecs. granted their built drag cars. What I meant by the k20 being the superior motor is on average a turbo k20 is going to make much more power and are faster than the typical lsj on the street. There are not many lsj's on this board that make over 300-320 whp. granted their are some people that are the exceptions, but for the most part......yea you get the point. i guess it bothers me when I hear, "k20 on high boost is slow". I no better....

ps: next time ill bold my statments...or does that look like yelling? you let me know. Its the internet...not a jail. No need to play policeman....trust me internet respect is the last of my concerns in life.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:29 AM

Ive seen rsxs run 9's and the same with ecotecs. granted their built drag cars. What I meant by the k20 being the superior motor is on average a turbo k20 is going to make much more power and are faster than the typical lsj on the street. There are not many lsj's on this board that make over 300-320 whp. granted their are some people that are the exceptions, but for the most part......yea you get the point. i guess it bothers me when I hear, "k20 on high boost is slow". I no better....

ps: next time ill bold my statments...or does that look like yelling? you let me know. Its the internet...not a jail. No need to play policeman....trust me internet respect is the last of my concerns in life.
By your earlier posts you didn't seem to get it, talking about fully built K20s and the like instead of talking in more practical terms. So, I explained it.

But see, that's where you're wrong. A turbo kit or to boost a K20 is around 3-4K. The same turbo kit for the LSJ will put them at/around 400whp. Bolt on for bolt on, the K20 loses, and turbo kit for turbo kit, the LSJ gets 400hp+ still. Even with the TVS, the power bands they're making are ridiculous. Most LSJ's also are running the M62 and have stage 2 with bolt ons.

Saying a turbo k20 is better than most LSJ's is like saying "This car that has 3-4K more into it is better than the car with 1K put into it." K20 on high boost, lets raise the price a few grand as well.

PS - I was just letting you know how you sound man. Respect on boards, or lack of it is why many good members and good people leave communities. If you don't like someone yell at them and be angry in PMs. No one needs to hear the unnecessary drama.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:55 PM
Banned

By your earlier posts you didn't seem to get it, talking about fully built K20s and the like instead of talking in more practical terms. So, I explained it.

But see, that's where you're wrong. A turbo kit or to boost a K20 is around 3-4K. The same turbo kit for the LSJ will put them at/around 400whp. Bolt on for bolt on, the K20 loses, and turbo kit for turbo kit, the LSJ gets 400hp+ still. Even with the TVS, the power bands they're making are ridiculous. Most LSJ's also are running the M62 and have stage 2 with bolt ons.

Saying a turbo k20 is better than most LSJ's is like saying "This car that has 3-4K more into it is better than the car with 1K put into it." K20 on high boost, lets raise the price a few grand as well.

PS - I was just letting you know how you sound man. Respect on boards, or lack of it is why many good members and good people leave communities. If you don't like someone yell at them and be angry in PMs. No one needs to hear the unnecessary drama.

I refuse to keep commenting on this...its terrible. Please dont tell people the k20 is on par with an LSJ in "real life". If we were on a honda site they could post numbers up their for you to. I for one dont feel like digging it up to proove a point. Just because something is more dollar per HP, doesnt mean it isnt better. It was not meant to be turbod, so you have to expect to drop some cash.

PS: this site is not going anywhere...dont you worry.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:18 PM

why cant everyone just get along?

And when the hell do u wanna race mike!?
Old 07-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
why cant everyone just get along?

And when the hell do u wanna race mike!?

cuz im an *******.

you have a text.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:00 PM

cuz im an *******.

you have a text.
sweetness
Old 07-21-2009, 10:12 PM

I refuse to keep commenting on this...its terrible. Please dont tell people the k20 is on par with an LSJ in "real life". If we were on a honda site they could post numbers up their for you to. I for one dont feel like digging it up to proove a point. Just because something is more dollar per HP, doesnt mean it isnt better. It was not meant to be turbod, so you have to expect to drop some cash.

PS: this site is not going anywhere...dont you worry.
Oh yes almighty gear head. Refuse to comment on it. Open up your mind, learn that your biased opinions aren't always right. And that you need to chill out and stop calling people names. 4G63 owners and all praise the might superior K20!!!

PS I wish some people would on the other hand. =)

also speaking of condradicting. You told me honda sites weren't worthwhile earlier. =)
Old 07-21-2009, 10:59 PM
Banned

Oh yes almighty gear head. Refuse to comment on it. Open up your mind, learn that your biased opinions aren't always right. And that you need to chill out and stop calling people names. 4G63 owners and all praise the might superior K20!!!

PS I wish some people would on the other hand. =)

also speaking of condradicting. You told me honda sites weren't worthwhile earlier. =)

Yea the 4g63 is better than the k20...glad you got 1 right =). Its not biased, its correct. Why do you think the cobalt ss is not a well respected car anywhere? because its not that great...i realize it, maybe you need to wake up. Yea websites have tons of misinformation. What does that have to do with people throwing numbers out? You are looking so deep into this trying anyway possible to save some face. Calm down. Your not the internet police. And since I see name calling makes you upset, all I have to say is, you are a *******. =)

Now go ahead and spit more numbers like I honestly care. Try and find more ways to continue an argument by calling me a bad person for calling names. Heres some advice...get some thicker skin, grow a pair, realize its the internet and words dont hurt you, and shut up lol. Jesus...hahaha. bye now!
Old 07-22-2009, 09:33 AM

Yea the 4g63 is better than the k20...glad you got 1 right =). Its not biased, its correct. Why do you think the cobalt ss is not a well respected car anywhere? because its not that great...i realize it, maybe you need to wake up. Yea websites have tons of misinformation. What does that have to do with people throwing numbers out? You are looking so deep into this trying anyway possible to save some face. Calm down. Your not the internet police. And since I see name calling makes you upset, all I have to say is, you are a *******. =)

Now go ahead and spit more numbers like I honestly care. Try and find more ways to continue an argument by calling me a bad person for calling names. Heres some advice...get some thicker skin, grow a pair, realize its the internet and words dont hurt you, and shut up lol. Jesus...hahaha. bye now!
Its not a well respected car because its american and it doesn't have the aftermarket support. It has a stigma about it. Maybe you need to take your head out of your ass and realize that engines have their strong points. Your definition of better is WRONG.

And you just said "Oh wihout a Supercharger or turbo these engines make toyota matrix power" you ricer. Take the turbo off of a 4g63 and you get the same thing. You're a nutswinger. Learn about engineering, and get off your high horse please. You're not cool, you don't know what the hell you're talking about, and your opinions are all biased. And seeing as a FWD cobalt can hold a record for one of the best times on the nurburg for a fwd....pretty sure it has enough respect.

And nice, I'll be a *******, and you my good sir are a ****. =)

Words don't hurt me. I was trying to keep it somewhat civil, but I can't seem to do that. Oh well.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:03 AM

our cars (the 2.0s) have never came without the turbo or s/c. so idk how u came up with that but LOL
Old 07-22-2009, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by 1badBlueberrySC
Well Hondata isn't available for them yet (that I know of)... but there are a couple more... I rode in a buddies' 08 Si and he's beta testing the Cobb tuner for them... it was pretty cool I have to admit
I'm pretty sure Hondata has the flashpro for 2006+ civics ready.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Banned

our cars (the 2.0s) have never came without the turbo or s/c. so idk how u came up with that but LOL

This is why you are called a ******* consistently. i never said they did.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:47 PM

u said they make the same power as maxtrix's.......but nice try i mean ur really good at tryin to make some1 look dumb when u are really make ur self look like the biggest ******* on the forums congrats
u also realize how ppl are backing me up not u. take a hint
Old 07-22-2009, 02:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hondas= high rev motors stock, thats how they squeeze the power out of a NA block

Chevys dont go that high stock 6500 stock and hondas hit 8k or 9k if you are a killer vtec

i crack ecotec haha so funny

whatever you guys are talkin about the whine of the lsj is sexy Period
Old 07-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Banned

u said they make the same power as maxtrix's.......but nice try i mean ur really good at tryin to make some1 look dumb when u are really make ur self look like the biggest ******* on the forums congrats

no **** i said that dumfuck...i never said they MADE THEM without a turbo or supercharger, and thats whats power they would make without one. K20 makes way more NA DUH.....Drew you are an embarassment. please just stop its to funny man. And nobody is backing you up drew...everyone knows...sorry your 17 and 120 lbs...you need all the help you can get bahaha
Old 07-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Banned

no **** i said that dumfuck...i never said they MADE THEM without a turbo or supercharger....Drew you are an embarassment. please just stop its to funny man. And nobody is backing you up drew...everyone knows...sorry your 17 and 120 lbs...you need all the help you can get bahaha
Old 07-22-2009, 09:42 PM

"because without a turbo or supercharger our engines make toyota matrix power" that is a direct quote from u so just stfu u know nothing about cars or cobalts so get the hell of this forum no1 likes u are a tool bag.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:01 PM
Banned

"because without a turbo or supercharger our engines make toyota matrix power" that is a direct quote from u so just stfu u know nothing about cars or cobalts so get the hell of this forum no1 likes u are a tool bag.

key word drew...WITHOUT...i never said they made a 2.0 na engine....DREW how many times must you get owned...you are RETARDED.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:07 PM

omg im done with this. u dont get it this isnt worth my time anymore
Old 07-23-2009, 12:29 AM

key word drew...WITHOUT...i never said they made a 2.0 na engine....DREW how many times must you get owned...you are RETARDED.
lol in reality though man your ******* a dead body. It's already been proved your wrong why are you still arguing.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:48 AM

He's basically saying "If you take the thing it was engineered to make x horsepower with, off it, it would make less." So I can be cool and tell the Evo and STi guys that I would beat them if they took off the turbo off their car! <=D

Idiot.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:03 PM
Banned

the point was the k20 is a better startingmotor thatn the lsj...if you want to argue that, you are all idiots...everyone who argues that point...and drew thats what I thought...owned. goodbye im done for good on this thread...lots of idiots on this site. Scythe has to bring up evo and sti motors for no reason...it all makes sense when you refer to the lsj vs the k20. Thats all im basing my comments on. what a fucktard you are lol. bye ladies

Quick Reply: Me vs. a WRX and a civic SI