War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Me vs. Z28

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lots a haters in here. I believe you Shibito. It does'nt pay to say anything on here anymore unless you are ready to defend everything you say.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:39 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by JimzSS
lots a haters in here. I believe you Shibito. It does'nt pay to say anything on here anymore unless you are ready to defend everything you say.
Yea, I'm ready to defend it though. I wished I would have gotten to talk to the guy, would have prevented any disagreement in here from the start.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:41 PM

yep, still liking the stripes
Old 11-14-2008, 11:43 PM

yep, still liking the stripes
Thanks, I think they're the perfect touch of added color. I do want to powdercoat my rims too though, not orange though! Probably black or imperial blue to match the car.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Shibito
I have rode in 12 second cars, hell I've rode in a 9 second car. I know what the difference feels like and yea, maybe the Camaro would have been 80 feet in front of me IN THE 1/4 MILE. You forget we didn't race an entire damn 1/4 mile, didn't have that much room.
HAHA Sure you have dude. It's funny every one has or knows someone with a 9sec car.

Trust me if you had any clue you wouldn't have said that .5 sec is not that much to you and would know that it is a fairly large distance. It’s not a matter of debate; it’s a fact that .5 sec is pretty big.

It doesn't matter whether you raced a 1/4 mile or not the whole point of my post was you don't have a clue about racing and 1/4 mile times. Add to the fact that if you raced a car that was .5+ sec faster than you; you would be getting pulled on from beginning to end.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
qft! I'm posting less and less and even lurking less because of this...
Old 11-15-2008, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by 04YellowGT
HAHA Sure you have dude. It's funny every one has or knows someone with a 9sec car.

Trust me if you had any clue you wouldn't have said that .5 sec is not that much to you and would know that it is a fairly large distance. It’s not a matter of debate; it’s a fact that .5 sec is pretty big.

It doesn't matter whether you raced a 1/4 mile or not the whole point of my post was you don't have a clue about racing and 1/4 mile times. Add to the fact that if you raced a car that was .5+ sec faster than you; you would be getting pulled on from beginning to end.
Well say what you want, you obviously know my life better then I do. Go ahead and keep trolling the boards.

Originally Posted by Zander916
qft! I'm posting less and less and even lurking less because of this...
Yea, it's been getting progessively worse since I joined the site. People act like everyone must know everything they do and if they don't see everything the same way as them then they MUST know nothing about it.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Shibito
Well say what you want, you obviously know my life better then I do. Go ahead and keep trolling the boards.
Its not trolling when factual information is being posted. Just because it makes you look like you don't know what you're talking doesn't mean its trolling.

If you truly did ride in a 9sec car, what was it, what was its setup, and what did it trap.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by 04YellowGT
Its not trolling when factual information is being posted. Just because it makes you look like you don't know what you're talking doesn't mean its trolling.

If you truly did ride in a 9sec car, what was it, what was its setup, and what did it trap.
I can't tell you the set up because this was a couple years ago and I really didn't know jack about cars then. I can just tell you that it was a heavily modified Camaro. No clue what it trapped but it ran JUST shy of 9 seconds. Less then 9.1 but not quite a 9.0. Let me rephrase what I said before about the 1/4 mile. I've never raced a car the length of a 1/4 mile on the street and I've never been to a 1/4 mile track to race, just spectate. I don't doubt you that .5 seconds is 5 car lengths in the 1/4 mile but I've never raced that distance therefore .5 seconds is not going to seem big to me, I've only seen what it looks like from the stands, I'm sure you have a lot more experience with what .5 seconds looks like in a 1/4 mile. I usually only race until it's clear who's going to win and there's really no point to risk anything going wrong longer then need be. You just need to chill with the 1/4 mile references man, not everyone races a 1/4 mile like you so not everything's about the 1/4 mile to everyone, and you don't need to act like an ass just because they don't refer to 1/4 mile times for everything. Like one person has already said, anything can happen on the street and there could be a MILLION reasons why the Z28 did not blow me out of the water but we'll never know unless I come across the person again and get a chance to talk to him/her. Simply coming in here and saying that there's no way I raced a V8 simply because he didn't leave me standing is the stupidest statement a person can make. I know what it's like to be left standing there in a race too, I raced a SRT-4 just for the heck of it when I was bone stock and needless to say I was blown away.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:02 PM

OF course. We are all haters because we are speaking with some sense of reality.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:38 PM

this thread is a fun read, thanks to everyone that posted in it.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:45 PM
Premium Member

MAN , you guys talk about LT1 Z28's like they were pig's or something. Mine went 13.60 all day long with a 13.58 best @ 107 mph. It had a cat delete pipe , flowmaster muffler ,and a CAI. I'm not saying it was a rocket but it wasn't too bad either. It ran almost the same times with 93K miles on than it did when i bought it new, lost about a tenth the last time it went to the track. It had well over 200 passes on it and never had to do anything except regular maintenance . /rant
Old 11-21-2008, 12:45 AM

A LT1 runs very similar to an LS1 down low if not better, its up top where the LS out guns the LT1. Also like I stated in a previous topic, you know you are slow when you know the exact MPH you start, stop and shift at....

Tyler
Old 11-21-2008, 01:54 AM
Premium Member

Question

Originally Posted by amxguy1970
A LT1 runs very similar to an LS1 down low if not better, its up top where the LS out guns the LT1. Also like I stated in a previous topic, you know you are slow when you know the exact MPH you start, stop and shift at....

Tyler
I agree , the LT VS LS Fbodys comparisons can get skewed . My brother has a 00 LS1 Z28 , and we used to go to the track together all the time. My and i a 95 LT1 Z . Mine was alot harder to launch vs his LS1 because of the torque curve . My car would spin the tires trying to launch at anything higher than 2500 rpm , where as he could get grip launching a 3500 or more .

We would always be close till 3rd gear , where he would start to walk away , 3rd in his car was a night and day difference compared to mine. He broke into the very high 12's on a almost stock LS1.