War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

My 07 Cobalt SS police car

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 11:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
guys i hate to break it to ya but it is highly unlikely that any police departments would use a car wtih a manual tranny....for obvious reasons

it's hard enough to: drive, write down your call, answer your radio,fill out log, and run plates, let alone shift and pay attention to a tach

i'm not saying they don't exist...but if they do, i would NOT want to have to do that detail.....
Old 09-11-2006, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sethallen
guys i hate to break it to ya but it is highly unlikely that any police departments would use a car wtih a manual tranny....for obvious reasons

it's hard enough to: drive, write down your call, answer your radio,fill out log, and run plates, let alone shift and pay attention to a tach

i'm not saying they don't exist...but if they do, i would NOT want to have to do that detail.....
ell I hate t break it to you sir, but if street racing is a big enough problem, they have task forces designed specifically for street racin. Not to pull random cars over, but to find racers on the street, race him, then pull him over.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ ^ ^ And thats exactly what Howard County police do with their SS's.
they'll cruise into a meet and just wait to be asked for a race, they except and pull up to the line the light turns green and they hit their lights and back up comes out of the wood work! Busts the other driver and checks the tags of everyone else there for any wants or warrents. If anyone does have any warrents in come the rollbacks and picks up thier cars.

I know about these 3 cars because my dealership sold them to the polce for this exact reason.

So if your a street racer in Howard county watch your back.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sethallen

Well then it was his personal car, cause the SVT that I saw had lights in the windows, and he had his uniform on. But you can't do that off duty anyways, so he was on duty. And I've seen Mustangs and Camaro's as Trooper cars since '98.

In Tulsa, OK at the Biker Boyz Nationals, State Troopers rolled in on Hayabusa's. They said they were impounded from a drug bust, and now they use them for pursuit. I don't care what Chevy or Ford you're driving... you're not getting away from one of those!