War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

my cobalt vs an 03 firebird formula

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by startingline05
the intense tune sucks, i switched to zzp awhile back and i like it alot better, soon im goin to get it dyno tuned to squeeze alittle more hp out of it, and yea i know it sucks, but i have like 3 more gt's from that car club lined up to race me lol like i have some bad ass car or something, im also gonna run the stock 03 cobra from their car club just to see how much he pulls on me hes a pretty cool guy though we are gonna do it from a 40 roll
hopefully you yank all 3 of those GT's cause no offense or slashing, but that cobra from a roll is gunna eat you up man. those things are beasts 32 valve supercharged V8 FTMFW
and i personally hate ford.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol i already know this i just wanna see by how much
Old 04-09-2009, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by startingline05
lol i already know this i just wanna see by how much
yea it'd be interesting to know thats for sure. good luck man!
Old 04-10-2009, 05:31 PM

ok so heres what vids i have from wed

first is me vs gt with i believe 3.73 gears some stuff done to the transmission and bolt ons
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63D3-4WJRmg

and the second is be giving him a head start
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me9pudRn6V0
Old 04-10-2009, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by amxguy1970
I am one of the ones stating that about latter half of the race. Being an LS motor guy you would think you would agree. Look at the times comparing say a Mach 1 to a Camaro SS, look closely at the times at the 60, the 1/8, the 1000 and the 1/4, look at the speeds at those same breaks. As a race goes further an LS motor will continue to pull harder with out falling off, its just a characteristic of the motor; it makes all its power and torque higher in the RPM range. The Mach will be real close through the 1/8th, but what happens at the big end? Why do you think modded cobalts can hang decently to a 100 with equal power to weight ratios but after a 100 the LS motor continues to pull away harder and harder? Has alot to do with gearing, but also the power band of the motor. LS motors aren't like the low torque truck type motors of the old LT's that had good bottom end but lacked top end.

Now modding throws most everything out the window as you can get a peaky high RPM set up or a good mid range torquey set up, ect...

Now I will admit also that GTO's are notorious for having that name bestowed upon them mainly because they are under tired and don't do extremely well in the first couple of gears. Hence the reason GTO LS2's are only a hair faster then a Camaro SS through the 1/4 even though they have in upwards of 40HP and about 200 lbs weight differnce, but the higher the speeds the more the GTO can show its strength. I bet Camaro's and TA's have cut better 60 foots then the GTO's have!

Where do you think your vette is better at? 1500 RPM in first gear from a slow street start or 5000 RPM in third on the highway?

Tyler

- Mach 1's are close to LS1's in the 1/8 because of having a T-3650 backed by 3.55 gears.

- LS1 engines pull harder the more you get going because of transmission ratios being well matched to the powerband of the engine.

- I hate to tell you this but a LS2 GTO only appears to gain the upper hand on a LS1 F-Body between 110-120mph, then the F-Body picks up the pace again.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:45 PM

Be honest.. In that second race, it looks like the mustang Stopped your pull and then looked as if it were reeling you back in... Just saying :P
Old 04-10-2009, 11:47 PM

lol naw turn ur volume up alittle, i let completely off the gas cause he was finished
Old 04-10-2009, 11:51 PM

Okay, I was curious.. Naw I can't the girls sleeping.. I'll take your word for it :P
Old 04-11-2009, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by LS2guy
- Mach 1's are close to LS1's in the 1/8 because of having a T-3650 backed by 3.55 gears. And their motors are a little more low end then highend in terms of torque and power band.

- LS1 engines pull harder the more you get going because of transmission ratios being well matched to the powerband of the engine. Kind of what I was getting at earlier huh with the peakier powerband and gearing?

- I hate to tell you this but a LS2 GTO only appears to gain the upper hand on a LS1 F-Body between 110-120mph, then the F-Body picks up the pace again. Yup, your exactly right; GTO only has the edge between 110-120
Tyler
Old 04-12-2009, 11:54 AM

i dont have a issue taking out LS1's with bolt ons from a roll
Old 04-12-2009, 02:19 PM

amxguy1970, Clearly you have much to learn

- Take a peek at a DOHC dyno pull and get back to me about your silly quote modification.

- When I reffered to the better gearing I was getting at the fact that a T-56 is better than a T-3650 and that the Mach needs the 3.55's to make up for a **** trans.

- Exacly how many LS1's and GTO's have you owned again? Sorry but GTO's are slow ass boats past 120mph and and ground that was lost can be made up in a LS1. The only benifit the LS2 has over a LS1 from a 110-120mph start is 500 extra rpm. But even then you are still dealing with yacht like handling past 120mph.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:30 PM

Friend has a Mach with 4.10's and DR's and its deadly from a dig.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SlowLSJ
i dont have a issue taking out LS1's with bolt ons from a roll

especially with that trap
Old 04-12-2009, 10:14 PM

i dont kow too much about those engines but it would be nice to see if he can pull it off.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:09 AM

amxguy1970, Clearly you have much to learn Where is my face palm smiley? You are so smart aren't ya? Guess I am just a clueless boy from Texas... Way to make ASSumptions there.

- Take a peek at a DOHC dyno pull and get back to me about your silly quote modification. What they heck do you think I was looking at prior to making my statement? With the same redline the Mach motor has its torque peak almost 1k less then an LS2 while creating another 30 ftlbs of torque then HP. Sounds like that motor is more tuned toward the mid to lower range to me.

- When I reffered to the better gearing I was getting at the fact that a T-56 is better than a T-3650 and that the Mach needs the 3.55's to make up for a **** trans. Ok, that is all fine and dandy.

- Exacly how many LS1's and GTO's have you owned again? Sorry but GTO's are slow ass boats past 120mph and and ground that was lost can be made up in a LS1. The only benifit the LS2 has over a LS1 from a 110-120mph start is 500 extra rpm. But even then you are still dealing with yacht like handling past 120mph. Dude, it is 200 lbs (if that), that's it. Maybe back in the day when they first came out you could call them heavy boats if you want, but in today's times when you have 4k lb Mustangs, Camaro's and Challengers you might want to re think that statement. I own my goat, and have many friends that have F-bods (5 to be exact with an LS1). I don't plan on owning an F-bod unless maybe a weekend toy down the road for modding (Of course I might buy my buddies 1LE when he ships out, it's only 1 of 20 I believe in black and 1 of 128 total). Do you think we race? As soon as I got my goat they were gunning for me. The benefit of the LS2 over the LS1 is not just 500 RPM, common man, you own a LS2 you should know (follow the link). The LS2 is to the LS1 what the LS3 is to the LS2. LS1 people want the LS2 heads, and LS2 people want the LS3 heads, as well as many other changes that were made between each. Kind of makes me think you have much to learn when you make a statement like that. My first race was against a 98-02 Formula 6spd when my car had 800 miles on it, car had a Loudmouth. From 70-130 I put about a car and a half on him maybe a hair more. When racing my buddies what do you think happens? Failry equal down low but the higher we the more the LS2 shows its strengths. I am not speaking out of my ass here, I have been involved/following the LS motors since 00. I know what they car capable of, Steven Fereday took much of my beer drinking money back in College with his LS1; does that name ring a bell?
BTW, yacht like handling past 120? Yup, you're right! Guess that is why my buddies first 150+ ride in my car he said "that was cool, but that was uneventful". I could carry on a conversation with him while we were heading to that speed. I have heard on the stock suspension it can get a little front end lift above 170, but I don't plan on finding that out. Sure it isn't the best canyon carver stock, but nothing Pedders can't fix.

Why don't you read a little more about your engine huh!

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...ure/index.html

Tyler

Last edited by amxguy1970; 04-13-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:48 AM

Earth to *******, earth to ******* can you hear me.

I am well aware of the differences between LSx engines after having my share of them without reading your tech article. My point was that the GTO is a fat ass waste of the LS2 and because of this the only advantage it has racing a LS1 F-Body is the 500rpm more to work with. The extra 500rpm plus the 3.46 gears let it pull better in certain areas than a LS1 F-Body which is the only place it has any advantage.

The fact that you belive a GTO is good until 170mph tells me without a doubt that you are a fool and have no business telling me anything. Acting like going 150mph in a car that has over two inches of deflection in the front wheels proves my point further.

I liked my GTO only because of the LS2 but now think of it as being similar to the Corvair, Cimarron and other GM failures.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:24 AM

Earth to *******, earth to ******* can you hear me.

I am well aware of the differences between LSx engines after having my share of them without reading your tech article. My point was that the GTO is a fat ass waste of the LS2 and because of this the only advantage it has racing a LS1 F-Body is the 500rpm more to work with. The extra 500rpm plus the 3.46 gears let it pull better in certain areas than a LS1 F-Body which is the only place it has any advantage.

The fact that you belive a GTO is good until 170mph tells me without a doubt that you are a fool and have no business telling me anything. Acting like going 150mph in a car that has over two inches of deflection in the front wheels proves my point further.

I liked my GTO only because of the LS2 but now think of it as being similar to the Corvair, Cimarron and other GM failures.
Great comeback! I obviously I can't get through to you and all you do is comeback with a original insult and no hint of any actual knowledge.

You stated the only benefit was 500 rpm, wrong. Now you tell me you know all the benfits and differences. Way to back pedel there champ! Obviously you needed that article...

Where the hell are you getting the 2 inches of deflection? Man you are an idiot because it's only .96 *******. Not enough to affect a car at 150, shesh.

You should know then that with out a governor at redline with an M6 in 5th the goat will do between 168 and 170 pending many differnet things.

Sales failure yes, car failure no. You didn't like the seats on the Goat?

I don't know why I bother, you never come with any kind of actual information other then you yapping away with some how this is and how that is and throw in a few insults. Anyone can be a badass behing the computer tard. Let me guess, you are eight feet tall and the baddest Mother F'er in the world with your wireless keyboard and google magic?

I bet if you had a Honda Fit you would think that car is the best thing in the world since sliced bread then huh? Many people want to trade up to a Vet, others don't. I don't want the trade offs nor the cramped cockpit and jarring ride. Plus I don't want to see every other old guy running around with the same Base vet that you have, what you couldn't spring for the Z06 there Balla? Kind of sad when the car you own can get schooled by a last years version there, I don't have to deal with that do I?

Next time you want to "come back" atleast bring some actual info to the table please other then a few hardy opinions and a couple of insults thrown in!

Tyler

BTW, an LS3 vet is way faster then your LS2 vet no matter the version!
Old 04-14-2009, 04:36 PM

Wow yet another post full of the lies and bullshit I have come to expect from you.

- The front wheel moves two inches one forward and one back and that is on a car with 0-3000 miles it gets worse once the radius rod bushings completly **** out. And that is only part of the GTO suspension puzzle because there is still the springs and shocks/struts that belong on a 2600lbs sedan. That and 8 out of 10 GTO's craddles aren't aligned thus no matter what wheel alignment setting it's **** from square one.

- Guess what a LS1 F-Body will do in 5th with no limiter, if you knew you wouldn't talk like a 400bhp GTO doing 170mph is impressive.

- Why when you own a over weight pig waste of a LS2 car are you bashing a C6? I paid $8K more for a car that does everything my GTO did better and might I add by a large margin also. Before you spew on maybe you should see what it takes for a GTO to best 12.5 @ 114mph and to pull .98g better yet simply handle decent.

- With the little you know about even your own car don't act like you know about those you couldn't dream of owning. Do I care if a $65K 2004 Z06 is slightly faster than my car, nope. And when I make more in a week than you do in a month please don't tell me I cannot afford a Z06.

I do love the bandwagon bullshit about me thinking what I own is the greatest but it comes down to one simple fact. GTO's are a pile of GM **** and I didn't want to waste one more penny making it what it should have been to start with.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:44 PM

Wow yet another post full of the lies and bullshit I have come to expect from you. Bull ****? Bring it on then I am not hearing a whole lot of truth from any of your posts there slugger.
- The front wheel moves two inches one forward and one back and that is on a car with 0-3000 miles it gets worse once the radius rod bushings completly **** out. And that is only part of the GTO suspension puzzle because there is still the springs and shocks/struts that belong on a 2600lbs sedan. That and 8 out of 10 GTO's craddles aren't aligned thus no matter what wheel alignment setting it's **** from square one. I know all this ****, that's why I changed it all dude. They move when braking hard, they don't have that much "deflection" at high speeds, that's why the car is balanced at speed. So by what you are describing to me at say at 150 the oh I dunno front right tire is forward 2 inches from center and the left is back an inch? I do agree the bushings and springs were meant for a lighter car as that is the big weak spot for the car.

- Guess what a LS1 F-Body will do in 5th with no limiter, if you knew you wouldn't talk like a 400bhp GTO doing 170mph is impressive. A little over 170 in 5th at redline, I told you I know this **** dude I have been keeping with this for years. So my bad, a couple MPH over what the GTO will do whoopty doo.

- Why when you own a over weight pig waste of a LS2 car are you bashing a C6? I paid $8K more for a car that does everything my GTO did better and might I add by a large margin also. Before you spew on maybe you should see what it takes for a GTO to best 12.5 @ 114mph and to pull .98g better yet simply handle decent. Full exhaust, intake and tune with maybe another little goody like a UDP or P&P throttle body will get you those numbers trap wise and better ET's. If you think this car is a waste I hate to see what you think the TBSS is. Other then turning, braking and acceleration (which it isn't that much faster then) what else does it do better? When you say everything I want to see this list. You have stated this many times before and never win this arguement dude. And .98g's, I forgot you live at the track right so that's how you know about number, not some magazine right? Damn internet racer.

- With the little you know about even your own car don't act like you know about those you couldn't dream of owning. Do I care if a $65K 2004 Z06 is slightly faster than my car, nope. And when I make more in a week than you do in a month please don't tell me I cannot afford a Z06. Little I know about my own car sure, since I have been following these things since 03. Keep trying to school me on my own car there, when your done should you test your knowledge about your own car against me?
What kind of person drops money they "claim" to make? The person who really isn't making any. Let me guess, you work for a used car chevy lot and was only able to afford your car because you get a big discount that someone who really makes money trades their car in for the big boy version. Sounds about right, don't bring up money to me dude. I really don't want to get into this argument with someone who probably has no higher education then a Tech school degree with the "class of March" on the front of his diploma. Yes, I know you are going to come back and say you have a Masters in Engineering or something and make 210k, it's the internet dude so leave that bullshit out of it. Go back to your 2 bedroom apartment with garage and swing your internet dick around some more on CSS okay. BTW, if for some reason you do own your own house, please tell me I am not paying your mortgage because you decided to live out side your means and buy a vet on your 50k salary.

I do love the bandwagon bullshit about me thinking what I own is the greatest but it comes down to one simple fact. GTO's are a pile of GM **** and I didn't want to waste one more penny making it what it should have been to start with. The GTO had the best interior of any car in GM's fleet while it was produced period, it has an awesome driving position and is great all around for what it was. Other then the fact no one knows about them and it failed sales wise it was an amazing car. So quite trying to think your impractical sports car is so much better because it isn't.
So are you going to quit with the name calling their Rocky, or are we going to have to go a few more rounds? Cause I am ready.... Ding Ding

Tyler

BTW, atleast I can C-walk...

Last edited by amxguy1970; 04-14-2009 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-14-2009, 06:18 PM

So when you drive a GTO do you drive it, pilot it or are you considered a captain like on any other tugboat. I love how badass you think you look yet I am only responding because I need a good laugh.

- There is nothing internet racer about speaking of a cars handling. Due to the fact that I know you don't know handling from making a car go where you want I used a skidpad number. But if you really want to get real world about it my C6 can take any turn my GTO did 20mph faster and still feel in control.

- It is going to take a hell of alot more than what you listed to best a 12.5 in a GTO. With DR's it might look good at the track but on the street it's game over for the GTO. Once again after owning a 12.5 second LS1 F-Body I know what it takes.

- Also just because you think your so great I will explain why you make pennies to my dollar. I own and operate the second largest property service company in the area and on a bad day I might only make $1-1.5K, my house and the ranch/land it sits on is worth roughly $500K. My C6 sits in a building I own in town due to the one mile stretch of gravel to my house.

You can sit here and say what ever you want because unlike you I already figured it out. I don't care what you think your GTO or a TBSS can do because I can do more with less in a C6. PERIOD
Old 04-14-2009, 06:30 PM

If i knew that there was SOOOO many GTO douches, id have bought a terminator cobra.

"GTO..... AUSTRALIAN FOR GAY"
Old 04-14-2009, 11:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, this quickly turned into a "my dick is bigger then yours" thread....................

Wow yet another post full of the lies and bullshit I have come to expect from you.

- Guess what a LS1 F-Body will do in 5th with no limiter, if you knew you wouldn't talk like a 400bhp GTO doing 170mph is impressive.
I thought if it came with factory z-rated tires it was not limited? I could be wrong though, I never got mine up that far.

Last edited by Hugger1975; 04-14-2009 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-15-2009, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Hugger1975
Wow, this quickly turned into a "my dick is bigger then yours" thread....................

I thought if it came with factory z-rated tires it was not limited? I could be wrong though, I never got mine up that far.
correct sir, not limiter if opted for the z-rated tires
Old 04-15-2009, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Hugger1975
Wow, this quickly turned into a "my dick is bigger then yours" thread.....................
It's all LS2guy and his fairytalk I make more in a day then you in a month thing. Everyone on the internet if they aren't in school makes between 100-400k a year. Besides, 500k of land with a house is nothing these days.

Didn't the older convertible versions have a limiter of like 110 or something? I thought my brothers friends moms vert stopped at like 108 or something. It was an auto and a vert too and I think a 95' BTW.

Tyler

Last edited by amxguy1970; 04-15-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:09 AM

Don't plan on winning.

Quick Reply: my cobalt vs an 03 firebird formula