War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

my first SRT-4 run-in

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
there are alot more cars than the ms3 that beat it in torque in its price range. not trying to start an argument or anything, but that is a fact.
Are we talking new FWD cars? Can't be too many cause ther aren't that many fwd cars putting out decent power to start with.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:15 AM

The srt-4 is faster stock for stock. Why do people use those excueses? Because they are relavent. It's not if the srt-4 has a better driver it'll win, if both cars have equal drivers it will win. The cars are touchy to launch which is why you hear those excuses so often. Lets just say if both cars were driven to 100% potential the srt-4 will win w/ the cobalt being close behind.

I understand that. But if they are close enough that you have to worry about the driver being a factor then I wouldn't exactly say they are fast enough to go around talking about how they will eat this cobalt driver...or that cobalt driver. In my opinion, if you have to worry about driving better than the other guy to win...then you should be talking **** about the other guy and his driving skills...not the car.

"if this" and "if that"...if if's and but's were candy and nuts...I think you get the point.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by FNFAST
I understand that. But if they are close enough that you have to worry about the driver being a factor then I wouldn't exactly say they are fast enough to go around talking about how they will eat this cobalt driver...or that cobalt driver. In my opinion, if you have to worry about driving better than the other guy to win...then you should be talking **** about the other guy and his driving skills...not the car.

"if this" and "if that"...if if's and but's were candy and nuts...I think you get the point.
Okay, no if's. I'll just be lookin for bone stock (no intake, thats not stock) cobalts hitting high 13's @ 100~101+ I'll say they are just as fast. Until then they are slightly slower.

Also, when I say good driver I mean he can drive his car good. Not that he's better than the other driver.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:46 AM

Street racing and strip racing are too different animals. On the strip..the clock don't start until you cross the line which helps idiots who can't launch drive their cars to ok numbers.
On the street...once you "GO!" there is no clock to wait up for you...whoever crosses first, it don't matter if you run a 13.6 @ the strip and the cobalt driver runs a 14.0 flat at the strip.

The Two SRT4's I drove had NO where near the traction issues in first gear that the cobalt has...you don't think that has anything to do with your numbers at the strip? What are you getting for a 60' time at the strip? There are guys here who are still getting 14.1's and 14.2's @ 99mph with 2.2 60 foot times...sooooo...if you could get traction "high thirteens at 100 mph" is obviously attainable.

Do I agree that the SRT 4 is a "faster" "Strip car" yeah. But as I stated before...the cobalt is designed more for a track not the drag strip. Show me a stock SRT4 that handles like a stock cobalt? (adding springs or lowering aint stock)...my point being "stock for stock an SRT4 is faster" Thats relative to what you are talking about man...Faster at braking? No...it isn't...faster in turns?...no...its not.

SRT4 has a bigger motor..so to say...it's faster in a drag is accurate...duh...your motors are almost 25% bigger than ours...and your running almost 3 psi more than us stock...to me there shouldn't be any braggin there or arguing by Cobalt owners.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:48 AM

Oh and I seriously hope that didnt come across wrong...I was agreeing with you to a certain degree.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:21 AM

Street racing and strip racing are too different animals. On the strip..the clock don't start until you cross the line which helps idiots who can't launch drive their cars to ok numbers.
On the street...once you "GO!" there is no clock to wait up for you...whoever crosses first, it don't matter if you run a 13.6 @ the strip and the cobalt driver runs a 14.0 flat at the strip.

The Two SRT4's I drove had NO where near the traction issues in first gear that the cobalt has...you don't think that has anything to do with your numbers at the strip? What are you getting for a 60' time at the strip? There are guys here who are still getting 14.1's and 14.2's @ 99mph with 2.2 60 foot times...sooooo...if you could get traction "high thirteens at 100 mph" is obviously attainable.
The last trip (my 2nd ever) the best I could get was a 2.3x 60's while trapping @101 w/ boost down to stock levels. PTB > me plus shitty trap prep. I chirped 3rd once or twice

Do I agree that the SRT 4 is a "faster" "Strip car" yeah. But as I stated before...the cobalt is designed more for a track not the drag strip. Show me a stock SRT4 that handles like a stock cobalt? (adding springs or lowering aint stock)...my point being "stock for stock an SRT4 is faster" Thats relative to what you are talking about man...Faster at braking? No...it isn't...faster in turns?...no...its not.
The SS/SC might slightly outhandle a normal srt-4 but the acr > ss/sc suspension.

SRT4 has a bigger motor..so to say...it's faster in a drag is accurate...duh...your motors are almost 25% bigger than ours...and your running almost 3 psi more than us stock...to me there shouldn't be any braggin there or arguing by Cobalt owners.
3 more psi yes... but on a tiny TD04-16G. Hardee's angus beef burgers are biggr than the turbo...
Old 11-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Banned

God who cares....
Old 11-08-2006, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Orlandoech
God who cares....
you can always stfu and not post if you don't.....
Old 11-08-2006, 11:37 AM

3 more psi yes... but on a tiny TD04-16G. Hardee's angus beef burgers are biggr than the turbo...
lol hahahahaha thats funny dude!

2.3 60' and you still trapped 101? jeepers haha little skittle can move

Orlandoech
God who cares....
Obviously Xonic and myself..if you don't... then stop reading and posting in regards to what we are talking about..thats simple enough right. He is simply trying to help educate me on the SRT4's dude...stop being an ass.

Yeah I know the ACRs handle very well...are those the same as a regular SRT4 XONIC, just with better handling? Don't know too much about them.

Thanks!
Old 11-08-2006, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by xonic
Are we talking new FWD cars? Can't be too many cause ther aren't that many fwd cars putting out decent power to start with.
i thought we were talking any car.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Banned

lol hahahahaha thats funny dude!

2.3 60' and you still trapped 101? jeepers haha little skittle can move

Orlandoech

Obviously Xonic and myself..if you don't... then stop reading and posting in regards to what we are talking about..thats simple enough right. He is simply trying to help educate me on the SRT4's dude...stop being an ass.

Yeah I know the ACRs handle very well...are those the same as a regular SRT4 XONIC, just with better handling? Don't know too much about them.

Thanks!

ACR only has better struts, wider tires, an ACR stitch into the seats and an "ACR" sticker on the side of the car over a regular SRT4
Old 11-08-2006, 02:28 PM

aaaaaahhh...I see. Cool. Thanks orlando!
Old 11-08-2006, 02:31 PM
Banned

That is the STUPIDEST and most IGNORANT thing ever said to date on this forum....

Why is the DCR SRT-4 putting down 1000+ FRONT WHEEL HORSEPOWER?

Lol... Plently of SRT4s putting down 400+ 500+ fwhp...
Old 11-08-2006, 02:32 PM
Banned

aaaaaahhh...I see. Cool. Thanks orlando!
No problem buddy
Old 11-08-2006, 02:49 PM

I hate srt -4's too> Anyone ever get the lil bov salute when ur just cruisin or waitin to turn at a lite?
Old 11-08-2006, 02:50 PM

How long have you had your SRT4 Orlando? You had any major probs with it? I actually heard they are pretty reliable for how much they get abused haha...is that true?

Sorry to grill you with Q's, I just don't get a chance to talk to cool SRT4 owners all that often...at least those that are straight forward about their cars anyways. Like I said..my buddys little bro just bought one and I wanted to help him out with any know problems and stuff or give him heads up on what to look for.

Thanks man!

I hate srt -4's too> Anyone ever get the lil bov salute when ur just cruisin or waitin to turn at a lite?
Dude...come on man...this thread is not, nor has it been about bashing the SRT4...Orlando hasn't said anything bad and has been helpful. I think he is proving they are not all like that...I get jack holes in civics revving at me... there are some people out there like that regardless of what they drive
Old 11-08-2006, 02:52 PM
Banned

How long have you had your SRT4 Orlando? You had any major probs with it? I actually heard they are pretty reliable for how much they get abused haha...is that true?

Sorry to grill you with Q's, I just don't get a chance to talk to cool SRT4 owners all that often...at least those that are straight forward about their cars anyways. Like I said..my buddys little bro just bought one and I wanted to help him out with any know problems and stuff or give him heads up on what to look for.

Thanks man!

I havent had any issues with mine besides a few blown spark plugs and wires. Its been a good, fun car. I hear about ppl having issues and such, but thats with every car ya know...

I have some mods on my car, nothing too special. I know there is videos of me racing all over this forum though lol.

Other than that Im sure every owner of every type of car will run into issues sometime or another whether is huge or small or the owners fault or not, ya know.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:55 PM

I havent had any issues with mine besides a few blown spark plugs and wires. Its been a good, fun car. I hear about ppl having issues and such, but thats with every car ya know...

I have some mods on my car, nothing too special. I know there is videos of me racing all over this forum though lol.

Other than that Im sure every owner of every type of car will run into issues sometime or another whether is huge or small or the owners fault or not, ya know.
For sure for sure...I hear you...My 96 Z was constantly breaking down haha..my 00 SS hasn't given me too much grief though.

But your right..there are POS's regardless of what you buy
Old 11-08-2006, 02:58 PM
Banned

For sure for sure...I hear you...My 96 Z was constantly breaking down haha..my 00 SS hasn't given me too much grief though.

But your right..there are POS's regardless of what you buy

True, I owned a MazdaSpeed Protege and it was the BIGGEST POS... I spent $1500 in less than one year fixing it constatly.... I wanted to blow it up, but I traded it in and get an SRT4
Old 11-08-2006, 03:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DaREDss

I hate a lot of SRT4 owners too, we're not all gay like that though
Old 11-08-2006, 10:21 PM

U guys are too funny, 400whp Stg 3 haha did u guys even check mopars website? 400whp very hard to get out of a 16G...

http://www.mopar.com/street/products_srt4_stage3.htm

355 on HOM....That turbos gonna loose effeciency around 370ish
Old 11-08-2006, 10:26 PM

TD04LR-15GK-6cm turbocharger is our stock turbo man
Old 11-08-2006, 10:36 PM

That is the STUPIDEST and most IGNORANT thing ever said to date on this forum....

he was talking stock and in terms of models...
Old 11-09-2006, 01:11 AM

If you read the first half of what I typed you'd see I was talking about bone stock new cars.

Originally Posted by PatNy
TD04LR-15GK-6cm turbocharger is our stock turbo man
Thanks for the correction, I tried a quick search of srtforums to get the right name, I guess I should have checked a few other posts.

orlando summed it up well. Dug through a few posts on srtforums and the full ACR package would iclude. It's bascially a package aimed at people planning on Auto-X'ing or whom love twisties. I almost bought one but they sold it the day before I went to talk $$ w/ em. Manager pulled up the sale,,,sold it to the guy for $1100 more than they were asking on the net.

"19mm rear swaybar
16x7 BBS wheels with 225/45 BFGoodrich KDW2 tires
Tokico Illumina adjustable shocks with a spring perch lower by ~1" compared to stock SRT struts.
non-side-airbag equipped cars get shoulder harness slots and ACR stitching in the seats, side airbag equipped cars just get the stitching.
ACR badging."
Old 11-09-2006, 01:40 AM

2.3 60' and you still trapped 101? jeepers haha little skittle can move .
It's alright, now that I've got my boost issues fixed I'd love to go back but now they're only open on Sunday's which I have to work on. Looking at sigs across the site I'm seeing more and more people trapping 105~108 and dipping into mid low 13's with a little $$ which is great for the balt. It's making me want to get my fuel mods, up the boost to 20~22 and decide on which exhaust I want and If I want to make the move to Mopar stage3 or a Hahn super 20g

Quick Reply: my first SRT-4 run-in