War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

My first street race (no video inside)

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 01:30 AM
village idiot

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My first street race (no video inside)

I've never raced on the street.... until today. I was out with some serious cars just watching. They're all 500+ HP cars and I believe money was changing hands. Saw two Z06s go down to two Evos. There was some Foxbody Mustang with a big block and an M65(?) turbo that was as big as a basketball. Totally foreign to me. Maybe it was an M62. A triple rotary 95 RX7. Viper ACR and some others. I knew a few of the guys when they were poor. LOL.

Anyway, after it's all over I go home. I'm about a mile from my house in the right hand lane. To my left is a big F150 truck. Behind me are some HIDs. Don't know what kind of car it was but it was on my ass. I wasn't even driving fast. I take off and as soon as I'm about a car in from of the F150 the car behind me punches it and cuts off the F150 while nearly rear ending me. As he goes by it's loud as hell. It was an all blacked out GTO. Dual exhaust so I'm guessing 05 or 06. Anyway, normally I would ignore this sort of domestic ricer fly by but I guess seeing all those fast cars earlier set me off. Don't know why he decided to pick on me or felt threatened by the 'balt. I was in third and gave it gas enough to catch him. He had slowed down to like 50 in a 45. Four lane road with no other cars except the F150 behind us. I pull up to him and then slow down to 40 and so does he. He gets right beside me. Our windows were down cuz it was a beautiful night. I waved kindly. I honked once and then told him to honk it off. He said no, you just go. He wanted me to just take off and then he was gonna pull and pass me I guess. I downshifted to 2nd, gave it a little bit of gas and then let off. Just making him think I took off so I could floor it at about the same time as him and make it more of a legit race. He punches it. The car is loud as hell. I know I already said that but damn. Sounded awesome. I punched it an lept even with him. Then went to third and pulled 1.5 cars on him. Just as I was about to shift into 4th he let off. I slowed to pull into 7-11. I honked and waved. He just stared straight ahead.

The guy in the F150 pulls up. He gets out of his truck and is grinning ear to ear. He kept saying he couldn't believe what he just saw and how funny it was. He was a Mustang guy. He said he has an 09 GT500. He said it's some limited model that's white with red stripes. I know nothing about Mustangs. I believe him though because the neighborhoods around this 7-11 are really nice (BMW Alpinas, CTSVs, 911 Turbos, Vipers, Ferraris, Hummer H1s, etc.) Anyway, this Ford guy HATES GTO owners and wanted to tell me how awesome it was that the GTO randomly started **** with me and then got beat. He said he didn't even know what my car was and definitely wasn't expecting that. He wanted to know more about the SS/TC and thought it was cool. He couldn't stop grinning and saying how funny it was from his point of view.

Probably long and boring but there it is.

Here's the video to one of the Evo Z06 races. I'm behind them..... way behind them. Crappy video. The Z06 did get a decent launch and it was HIS idea to go from a dig. Not a good idea.

http://youtu.be/ECOjrsMkrII

Here's the other Evo vs Z06 race. I was told the Evo won but it looks like the Z06 reeled him in. Hell, I dunno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3y317-_D0w

Last edited by casionerd; 05-22-2012 at 01:59 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha nice kill man,

I don't care what kind of car it is, they wanna do ricer fly by , they are getting owned
Old 05-22-2012, 02:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you should check out my buddys page im sure you would like it...KROPS

K.R.O.P.S. | Keep Racing Off Public Streets
Old 05-22-2012, 02:49 AM

Nice kill and great story.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by casionerd
I believe him though because the neighborhoods around this 7-11 are really nice (BMW Alpinas, CTSVs, 911 Turbos, Vipers, Ferraris,
Okay... ACR viper... and these ???

wow... i thought i lived in a very rich area... hahaha
Old 05-22-2012, 04:12 AM
village idiot

Originally Posted by 09sscalicobalt

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Originally Posted by damastah
Okay... ACR viper... and these ???

wow... i thought i lived in a very rich area... hahaha
Now the fast cars were not from this fancy neighborhood. The cars in this nice neighborhood are mainly owned by older people and don't hang out or anything. I just see them driving around.

The fast cars (including the ACR Viper) were on the other end of town.

Couple of pics:

Total Sleeper Civic with some kind of Borg Warner turbo hidden away in there and an E85 tune. I don't know anything about this car except that it's tuned using Hondata. The owner said it is one of only two running this turbo. He said it's an EFR that is hard to get.

Fast Evo. Not one of the two in the above videos. Saw this car run 10s last year and it's faster now so... I dunno.

Some guy got a newer Evo. Stock except for the Rotas. Why you would put reps on a $30K car... I don't know.

The Viper. This guy is cool as hell. He used to be a 3000GT VR4 guy when I was a Subaru guy. Now I guess he's a Viper guy. He said these are his crappy rims/tires that he had on in case anyone wanted to run him.

Couple of crappy pics of the engine bay of the Mustang mentioned above

It's a monthly meet that had a very small turnout today due to the OKC Thunder playing the Lakers and all. It's the Welcome to The One Percent guys. The faster cars showed up after dark and then went racing and let me follow. I normally keep it on the track or just watch.

Last edited by casionerd; 05-22-2012 at 04:17 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:53 AM

[QUOTE=casionerd;6502523]Thanks. I'll check it out.

it was a joke...obviously u didnt get it...lol im a part of it btw but hey do you what u want but dont come back here bitching when ur car gets totalled or u get killed event watching street racing is dangerous but thats on u
Old 05-22-2012, 10:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it was a joke...obviously u didnt get it...lol im a part of it btw but hey do you what u want but dont come back here bitching when ur car gets totalled or u get killed event watching street racing is dangerous but thats on u
Go elsewhere and preach. I can think of many dumb things you and most people do that is just as dangerous or worse.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:55 AM

...but dont come back here bitching when ur car gets totalled or u get killed...
How is he gonna come back to post after he gets killed?
Old 05-22-2012, 11:25 AM

Because the 1.8 % of fatalities and injuries of motor accidents attributed to high speed racing is so much worse than the 16 % attributed to drinking/eating while driving, the 32 % due to texting / talking on phone while driving, or the 51 % due to alcohol/drug related incidents while driving.

I just did a analysis report on this exact subject for one of my research reports due.

So just think about your preaching next time you pull into Mikey D's or Burger King and order some food and eat / drink that while driving. Your 5x more likely to kill / hurt someone that way so probably shouldn't do that ok.

BTW the phone thing included use of hands free devices as even with these types of devices it decreases your attention to your surroundings and reaction time by almost 20 %.

Point of this rant , don't come into a war stories to jump on a soap box where I bet you have done things much more dangerous to peoples health and didn't even notice. Thanks.

Last edited by JBThrasher22; 05-22-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
^^LOLPWND

sounds like a nice kill. what are your mods casionerd?
Old 05-22-2012, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by JBThrasher22
Because the 1.8 % of fatalities and injuries of motor accidents attributed to high speed racing is so much worse than the 16 % attributed to drinking/eating while driving, the 32 % due to texting / talking on phone while driving, or the 61 % due to alcohol/drug related incidents while driving.

I just did a analysis report on this exact subject for one of my research reports due.

So just think about your preaching next time you pull into Mikey D's or Burger King and order some food and eat / drink that while driving. Your 5x more likely to kill / hurt someone that way so probably shouldn't do that ok.

BTW the phone thing included use of hands free devices as even with these types of devices it decreases your attention to your surroundings and reaction time by almost 20 %.

Point of this rant , don't come into a war stories to jump on a soap box where I bet you have done things much more dangerous to peoples health and didn't even notice. Thanks.
I love you long time.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Dart_SI
Go elsewhere and preach. I can think of many dumb things you and most people do that is just as dangerous or worse.
haha like what and i dont eat or drink or smoke while driving nor do i text and i have bluetooth so now what bitches lol
Old 05-22-2012, 03:56 PM

haha like what and i dont eat or drink or smoke while driving nor do i text and i have bluetooth so now what bitches lol
Well please don't use your bluetooth around me if your using it to talk. Your endangering my life since while talking on your phone with a handsfree device your attention/reaction time is still cut by 20 %.

Sorry couldn't help myself.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:12 PM

****!!! You have no friends except cats and your mom and other mom are the reason you where adopted and raised this way. Right?

All I have to say is YOLO!!!
Old 05-22-2012, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by JBThrasher22
Well please don't use your bluetooth around me if your using it to talk. Your endangering my life since while talking on your phone with a handsfree device your attention/reaction time is still cut by 20 %.

Sorry couldn't help myself.
Reading comprehension > 09sscalicobalt
Old 05-22-2012, 04:44 PM

want a cookie?
Old 05-22-2012, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Dart_SI
X2

a gun is only as dangerous as the ******* behind it.

as quoted by me - Rever3nce
Old 05-22-2012, 08:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

lol what a joke
Old 05-22-2012, 08:53 PM

cool stories bro...i stand behind KROPS as they help me with my car meets and i stand behind the company as a whole as were promoting street legal track days if you guys wanna waste your time/money dealing with cops and possibly harming or killing people go ahead...doesnt bother me
Old 05-23-2012, 01:11 AM
village idiot

I agree with KROPS for the most part but I have no problem with people street racing on flat wide open areas where the only people in danger are the racers themselves. It's a risk they take. Same goes for people who hunt, skydive, base jump, fight MMA, skate, climb mountains, etc. People die all the time doing things they like legal and illegal. I am 100% against racing in traffic or in any instance where spectators or totally innocent people are put in harms way.

Like I said, it was my first street race ever. Not sure if I'll do it again. It was four lanes with no people or houses on either side. The only car was behind us.... anyway I usually keep it on the track but it just had to happen. Dude was begging for it and I had to give it to him. Besides, tracks cost money. Streets are free. Bringing KROPS up here is kind of silly IMO. If there's a thread in the lounge about getting drunk, you don't see people posting links to M.A.D.D. or AA. If there's a thread about smoking pot, you don't see people posting links to whatever site is against pot or saying it's a gateway drug.

My mods? Funny story. I'm waiting for the day when all the cool Cobalts have moved on and I can run for FCOTM. So far some of the nicer ones have been coming up for sale. Also gonna have to get some different rims because 90% of the people on here hate them. Until the day I can run, I am keeping a running list. LOL. It sounds like a joke but it's true. Here it is:

2009 Cobalt SS/TC Black

Options
G85 / Onstar / Red & Black Interior / Sunroof

Engine
K&N Typhoon SRI with K&N Drycharger / ZZP Catless Downpipe / ZZP Hotside Charge Pipe wrapped in a DEI Cool Cover / Cruise Control Off = Trifecta 23PSI Tune / Cruise Control On = GMS1 / Cry02 Intercooler Water Sprayer

Suspension, Brakes and Tires
Pedders Springs / ARK Design R8 18x8.5 +35 Wheels / Nitto NT05 245 40R18 Tires with TPMS / Matching Full Size Spare Rim and Tire / 5x114.3 Hub Conversion using Timken Hubs / ARP Racing Wheel Studs / Muteki SR48 Racing Lug Nuts / Aluminum High Heat Hubcentric Rings / Hawk HPS Rear Brake Pads / FTP Stainless Steel Brake Lines / ATE Super Blue Dot 4 Brake Fluid / Powell Racing XXX Bar / OTTP Stage 2 Rotated Transmission Mounts / OTTP Steering Rack Spacers / Koni Adjustable Rear Shocks /

Interior
Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge from ZZP / TWM Performance Short Shifter with Cable Clamp, Aluminum Bushings and M1 Abrams Weighted Shift Knob / Armrest / Sirius Sportster Direct Play Satellite Radio with a Lifetime Subscription (Hey Now!) / 1978 “Speed” tin button from the UK made by artist Derek Riggs for Steering Wheel Emblem / AMP Performance 5-Speed Shift Pattern Plaque

Exterior
Blacked Out Depo Projector Headlights with Nokya Arctic White 70W Bulbs / Painted Badges / Vinyl Inlaid SS Badges (Inside and Out) / Red Hella Supertone Horns / ARK Performance Shorty Antenna /

Last edited by casionerd; 05-23-2012 at 01:22 AM. Reason: I can't spell. That's why.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:33 AM
Banned

Now what? Hmm i dont know maybe calling u a ******* liar? You honestly expect any of us to believe u have never eat and drive before go the **** out of here with that ****
Old 05-23-2012, 07:53 AM

'Hey, I'm so against street racing and think you'll die if you do it, but man I love the war story threads'

Com'on if your against it why are you here?
Old 05-23-2012, 08:29 AM

doesnt bother me
Apparently it did.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:56 AM

didnt say i never have just like i never have street raced i just dont eat drink text or street race anymore...but it didnt take me to crash and kill somebody else to stop...just grew the **** up and got involved with something that is good for others

Quick Reply: My first street race (no video inside)