War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

my sstc vs 3vgt and a modded z28

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lVlemphizStylez
pass the blunt when you're done....An LS3 vette would ABUSE YOU. It's a 115+ trap car....Your cobalt is a 13 second sub 110 mph car. You need a reality check
hahaha.. what forum are you not apart of!!! newcelica and now here
Old 12-18-2008, 03:21 PM

No, he pulled you, there was no lifting until after the vid cut over then. He came from almost 2 cars down and you can clearly here the car winding out and reeling you in when he gets to your rear wheel. You probably shut down when he got to your door, but we don't get to see that far ahead...

No you can race, atleast you are some what close. People that try and race your car against say an LS3 corvette or higher, or cammed LS motors is a waste and is just asking for trouble if something happens.

What are the mods on the Z? If you say manual tranny then that guy was skip shifting on you.... I am going to guess exhaust, intake and maybe a tune?

Good race!

Tyler
Old 12-18-2008, 03:29 PM

LOL at the hunting LS3 vettes comment....

That's all.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:47 PM

great to see the TC hanging in there against such high quality competition, with such minimal work.. I know I have beat a few cars my modded SC used to lose against real bad. For instance my neibs Z3 M series.... among others like an 05 GT with full exhaust. That race suprised the hell out of me. Ran my first stage 2 SC with bolts ons (GMPP , Intake) and beat the snot of out it becuase I refused a 40 ricer roll and ran from a dig. When I ran from a dig I felt sorry for him. I forgot how much the SC can absolutely suck from a dig without the proper set up.. From a 40 roll I had 2.5 - 3 cars at 120mph.. which is pretty respectible for the SC. If he had cooling mods and some timing it would have been closer. However when it comes to 'real' racing from a dig he would have to have MUCH more work done to improve his traction/wheel hop and bogging...Vids coming as soon as the roads dry up for all the buttsore doubters. I just met this guy at a parts store through a mutual friend. Great guy, but he sure as hell was over confident he would win.... and didnt come back to the parts store afterward... just drove by and looked at us... lol!
Overall really happy with the stock performance of the TC.

Great races keep em coming, you have a lot of people scratching thier heads..

Last edited by SuperchargedSS; 12-18-2008 at 04:33 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:18 PM

I think its funny when you put a tune and a drop in filter and you are hanging with cars like LS1's and bla bla bla. I bet with the right mods and tune... factory turbo you could beat a LS2 easy! and even a LS3 (auto) factory. and yes im going to bring the price war up! you could do this all with your TC cobalt for 1/2 the price of the corvett!
Old 12-18-2008, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by ISuckBad45
I think its funny when you put a tune and a drop in filter and you are hanging with cars like LS1's and bla bla bla. I bet with the right mods and tune... factory turbo you could beat a LS2 easy! and even a LS3 (auto) factory. and yes im going to bring the price war up! you could do this all with your TC cobalt for 1/2 the price of the corvett!
true.. but alot of peeps don't care about what they have to do to a car to bring it to the level of another. it is smoking out of the box!! no add this or that to be bada$$.. tbh if i had the money to get a Z06 i would!!! "You pay for what you get"
Old 12-18-2008, 05:48 PM

he has a full exhaust, ls6 intake manifold, and an intake. he runs 12.9's all day.

well thats wut i kno of again its not my car

Last edited by 08blackbolt; 12-18-2008 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-18-2008, 05:56 PM

tune + slicks = 12s in cobalt

WE WIN!
Old 12-18-2008, 06:10 PM

tune + slicks = 12s in cobalt

WE WIN!
Haha wow 12's?!

Sooo fassst :sarcasm:

waiting for the first street driven cobalt to hit 11's........
Old 12-18-2008, 06:21 PM

lol ok mr. 6.0

dont get the V8 head on me. to me and im sure MANY others thats pretty awesome that a 2.0 does 12sec with a tune and tires. hell lets put some corners in there just so we can make you look dumb
Old 12-18-2008, 06:23 PM

I'm just saying.... to all the people saying how their cobalt cost x amount less then a vette and it can run with one stock with a few mods....

Thats about as fast as it will ever get...

Sure the SS/TC is a hell of a car for the money, but lets be realistic here.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:26 PM

vettes are awesome and im not gonna lie i would much rather get a vette just b/c rich rude old people drive them and they have hot chicks in the seat next to them. HOWEVER! im still happy with what i have. just let me think one day i can beat one! COME ON PLEASE!
Old 12-18-2008, 06:51 PM

vettes are awesome and im not gonna lie i would much rather get a vette just b/c rich rude old people drive them and they have hot chicks in the seat next to them. HOWEVER! im still happy with what i have. just let me think one day i can beat one! COME ON PLEASE!
Never! U need to mod it to hell and hope the vette is stock
Old 12-18-2008, 06:53 PM

and if that comes it will be on youtube! DONT FORGET ABOUT ME MAN!

you need to read some of the ss/tc threds.. im telling you the TC is a great platform

Last edited by ISuckBad45; 12-18-2008 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-18-2008, 07:07 PM

and if that comes it will be on youtube! DONT FORGET ABOUT ME MAN!

you need to read some of the ss/tc threds.. im telling you the TC is a great platform
I know it is. The LNF is debatibly better than the LSJ. It still has a long way to go however, and we all know that a turbo swap is needed to make serious numbers.

However, without a turbo swap, I do not see the SS/TC competing with a modded corvette, especially since they easily run 11 sec 1/4mi with few mods.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:14 PM

yeah your right. the corvette is sweet... but i will trick a old guy one night when hes out getting dinner around 8pm and he wont even know he's in a race. Then i will post it on youtube! and the LNF is way better than the LNJ and i dont want to start a fight b/c i know you are so attached to the LNJ. lets put the same turbo on the LNJ thats on the LNF and for some reason i dont see it turning out very good

that would be a thread to start! LNJ vs. LNF with factory turbo on both. man how do i come up with this stuff. i need to right this **** down

Last edited by ISuckBad45; 12-18-2008 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-18-2008, 07:18 PM

yeah your right. the corvette is sweet... but i will trick a old guy one night when hes out getting dinner around 8pm and he wont even know he's in a race. Then i will post it on youtube! and the LNF is way better than the LNJ and i dont want to start a fight b/c i know you are so attached to the LNJ. lets put the same turbo on the LNJ thats on the LNF and for some reason i dont see it turning out very good

that would be a thread to start! LNJ vs. LNF with factory turbo on both. man how do i come up with this stuff. i need to right this **** down
Its LSJ vs LNF.

Honestly, the LNF hasnt been able to come close to the LSJ yet. Look at the Phase 5 cobalt running 500 HP on a modded LSJ engine. No LNF is running that yet.

Will it happen, possibly. Not yet though. Give it time.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:52 PM

lmfao.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:57 PM

I seriously cant wait til I get my TC tuned. Right now all I have is a drop in filter and muffler delete and it doesnt even come close to running with my 05 GT with exhaust, intake and tune. I think I might have someone who can tune my car, so it might be tuned sooner than I thought. Yeah it's pretty farfetched to think the TC will hang with my Mustang from a dig, but who knows, we will see.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:01 PM

i need to get my GT tuned after the mac prochambers and steeda intake. already have flowmasters on and it sounds beautiful!!!!! which tuner did you go with?

sorry for the OT
Old 12-19-2008, 12:12 AM
Premium Member

Aren't u the same guy arguing that wider tires are better in the snow?? HA haha seems like you post an awful lot of FAIL ......even for a noob
Old 12-19-2008, 12:26 AM

no matter what anyone says we have the civic of GM
props to anyone with a vette because it blows any cobalt out of the water in every way as a overall car
(handling, luxuary, prestige, and speed)
Old 12-19-2008, 09:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SportredSS
Site did not open.... I ran a 2007 must'g GT automatic with just a CAI against my K&N only 2008 SS\TC in July when I bought it...The GT belonged to my friend... I beat him reasonably well... almost a full car length, my rear bumper in-line with his front bumper.....

The automatics in the mustang GT's are slow as heck... We took a dash hawk to his 07' Gt and recorded 0-60 in 6.14 sec on a nice cool day, low alt (200' ASL).. Then we went to dealership and test drove a new 2008 Manu-5-spd must-GT and ran 0-60 in 5.4 sec... Then we comapred the two in a run from 0-70 with his 2007 GT automatic car VS. the 2008 5-spd GT demo... The stick put 1 car on the automatic and the gap grew longer as speed rose....

To boostedSS: A modded Z might have bolt-ons such as exhaust, headers, CAI, a tune...... A stroker motor would be heavily modded and would've destroyed the SS\TC in the video......

What modds do you have? My SS\TC ran even with stock LS2 2006-2007 C6 automatic vettes with just a tune and K&N drop-in... estimated 0-60 is about 4.8 sec (dashawk) street tires. I dont even waste my time with new must GT's anymore unless they have a few bolt-ons like exhaust, headers, tune....

Now I'm at 290 whp and go hunting 2008 LS3 Automatic vettes and hope to catch a few LS3 vette drivers off gard if they have a stick and can't shift well.
i dont see a t/c running along side with a ls3... sorry i seen a 11 sec modded srt4 run a ls3 and lost by a bumper. this is from a 60 roll also. because he will spin if its lower than 60 mph roll.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by celicaGT-ST
i need to get my GT tuned after the mac prochambers and steeda intake. already have flowmasters on and it sounds beautiful!!!!! which tuner did you go with?

sorry for the OT
I ordered the SCT tuner and intake from Brenspeed.com
Old 12-19-2008, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by rukkee
Aren't u the same guy arguing that wider tires are better in the snow?? HA haha seems like you post an awful lot of FAIL ......even for a noob
lol i just stated the ones im getting are better than factory! and they are a great all season tire. you and your 14sec car.... whatever makes you feel better man

Quick Reply: my sstc vs 3vgt and a modded z28