War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

my street racing experience. (read, very detailed)

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation my street racing experience. (read, very detailed)

A little long, but i think it will be worth the read

ok, so ive messed around with people around the road before, you know just having fun either at like a stop light, or on the highway or whatever, all in good fun. basically just messing around, not truly racing.

well last night i went to my first actuall street race. where i mean this was an organized event, set up i dont know how far in advance. i found out about it thru a friend.
So me my best friend and a couple of our friends got together and headed out. Everybody met up at a dennys i believe around i think it was 11 at night. more and more people kept showing up and i was thinking to myself "yea this is pretty cool." it was like a huge car meet. everybody was just kinda hanging out talking, and having a good time.

eventually the guy i knew that pretty much organized this figured out where we wanted to go do it at; it was on some road out a bit aways off of a small town.
So we all get in our cars and tear out of the parking lot and start to head over. and i mean there were probably about 30-40 cars all driving along down the highway with each other.

about 20 minutes later we arrived at our spot. there was this dirt patch on the side of the road and we all rode in there and parked diagonally on the side of the street. its freezing out but nobody cares.

So we all get out of our cars and everybodys excited and in a really good mood. we want to get started so two cars pull out into the street. on a side note this is a two lane road (one lane each way) in what appears to be the middle of nowhere with a bunch of nature and trees and stuff, and one of my friends mentions to me if cops come drive in the direction of the cop (towards them).

Anyways, The 2 cars start to get prepped, and a "civilian" car drives by. since this is a 2 lane rd they cant get thru so one of the guys backs up and lets them thru. they drive by and yell something out the window and continues on their way. I cant remember what kind of cars they were but they go and i film it on my cell. a couple more races go down and another civilian car or 2 comes thru.

ok so my best friend by now is pumped up and decides he wants to run his car. he's got an acura 3.2cl type s, and i cant for the life of me remember what he went up against, ide have to ask him. As he pulls up and gets ready i'm thinking to myself well **** i just might do this. This girl gets out there and lines them up and makes sure there good. just does the whole starter thing, raises her arms and makes sure there ready, and when she put them down, they were off. they kept up pretty good with each other, and my friend ended up winning.

just as they got down to the end of the track people started cheering and i hear someone yell "cops!!" everybodys running around and yelling and im like oh my god what am i gonna do, looking around in a circle for what to do. my friends are like where are we gonna go and the guy that raced i hear his girlfriend yell "andrews car! (thats me)" and then i remembered that i drove as well.

i finally get my door unlocked and by the time i got my car started there were for other people in the car with me (ive got the coupe!) so i pull up to the street and am like "where should i go??" the cop car was on the right so i went left. Once i was on the street there were probably about 10 cars ahead of me going the same direction. i said **** this, got in the other lane and zoomed up till about 2 cars behind and got back in my lane. we get up over a hill and i see about 5 cop cars blocking the road and im like hell no and ebrake it and flipped a bitch and went WOT in the other direction where there was another car doing like i was on the wrong side of the road. he got back over and i was able to keep going. i only think a couple other people were able to successfully turn back around. i'm freaking out yelling where the **** should i go and my passenger noticed a little dirt road off to the side so i ebraked it and was able to make the turn. the road got rougher and rougher and more and more woodsey. Turns out we drove onto PRIVATE PROPERTY. 2 other cars followed my move and were pissing me off cuz of it. we yelled out the window and got them to shut there lights off and just follow me.

I finally reached the end of the road and we layed low ther for awhile. it was scary because i could see people literally running from the cops on the road driving away.about five minutes after that we saw a couple tow trucks drive by.....

after chillin there about 45 minutes the 2 other cars in front of me decided to head out. (one of them got stuck in sand and we had to push them out....) they got to almost the end of that dirt road where someone else was layin low too. they said to hang on a little longer. they called us and told us the same. eventually we decided to go and oh my god you dont understand how great it felt to get back on the highway getting away from there.

.............................................IN CONCLUSION........................................ ....

There were a few extra peices i left out, like about how my friend that was in the last race got out, and how he said when he drove back by there were about people sitting on there knees on the ground with there hands on there head, but this was a truly surreal experience. It seriously felt like something out of a movie. And while it was ******* BADASS, and gave me the biggest adrenaline rush ive had, it was ******* STUPID!!!!! I CAN ONLY IMAGINE WHAT WOULDVE HAPPEN IF SOMEBODY GOT IN AN ACCIDENT OR GOT HURT, AND FRANKLY IM SUPRISED SOMEBODY DIDN'T!!! let alone what would've happened if i HAD gotten caught. I thank god that i didn't, because i thought i was going to jail last night.

I just thought i would share my story, and THANKS if you actually took the time to read it, and now i can honestly say.

TAKE IT TO THE TRACK.

Last edited by amomentsnotice; 12-19-2006 at 12:39 AM.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:35 AM

that would freak me out man
Old 12-19-2006, 12:51 AM
Rx.

shoulda rammed through that roadblock nfsmw style
Old 12-19-2006, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Rx.
shoulda rammed through that roadblock nfsmw style

ahahha exactly what i was thinking as i read that part!!
Old 12-19-2006, 01:16 AM

you should of stopped and try'd to explain to the cops that you live your life a 1/4 mile at a time im sure they would have bought it.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:32 AM

i have never been to one of those, but if i did go i wouldnt take my car. can you be charged if you dont have your car there, say you were walking somewhere? i donno how this works.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:26 AM
Banned

Yes you can be charged for spectating. its like, a $100 ticket.

ive been to pleanty of street races in my day (and im nearly 22), ive seen wrecks, ive seen people arrested, ive seen people run.

Personaly, Ive gotten pulled over...like..after the fact, and thats because i didnt use my turn signal to switch lanes, when a car pulled out infront of me...and i got charged with reckless driving because of it.

Yes, street racing is fun...when cops dont show up and you try and get 40-100+ cars out of the same little area.

Yes, id rather street race than legaly drag race...

I dont do it anymore, to much to risk.

But, all I can really say is...Be careful.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, that's crazy. I don't think I could ever go to an organized event like that, too dangerous.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:01 AM

i wouldve loved being to an event like that but our area is lame either way though dont know if i wouldve brought my car and getting away from the cops in an event like that on foot in a wooded area would eb pretty easy imo, ive gotten away on foot many times before.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:23 PM

it was really cool actually. but not worth the consequences. bump for someone to learn
Old 12-19-2006, 08:32 PM

how did you ebrake turn in a FWD car?
Old 12-19-2006, 08:47 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
easy... pull the ebrake... and hang on...
but yeah try doin that out here in NYC... running from the cops is crazy, but there are a hell of a lot more of them... thats why I stay the hell away from this crap now.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
meets like that are so funny.

i went to one a while back in calgary to watch and laugh with my brother in law in his 5.0L stang. we just drove around laughing at the 15 year old F&F wannabes, and how hollywood it is when they run away yellin "cops cops cops"

I kept lookin around for toretto to show up, or the hot asian schoolgirl chick, but they never showed

they all blew outta there fartcannoning away so we just stayed at our cars drinkin our coffees.The cops rolled past us and smiled at the stang and asked my B-I-L where they are heading next....he just laughed and said probably back to Tim Hortons again.

cop just smiled and drove off.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:59 AM
Banned

lol

good ending and conclusion

respected
Old 12-20-2006, 04:28 AM

That sounds like the time I went to the first rest area of the garden state parkway. Kids shut down the entire highway and were standing in it on a sunday night. It was a surreal event until the cops showed and gave everyone there a loitering ticket on top of any violations like tints they could find. Spring Valley dunkin Donuts is the same way every wed. and sunday night but the cops dont break that up. Im there all the time hit me up if your in the area
Old 12-21-2006, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by savior
how did you ebrake turn in a FWD car?
more like why i bet hes got some flat spots now......
Old 12-25-2006, 08:39 PM

All the times i have been, the cops have told us to pack and up and go, if they actually dont see YOU in the act of street racing, they cannot get you for anything but spectation, in acutality, they could have got you for a illegal u-turn.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:36 AM

Damn. I go to meets like this all the time. Some what similar to your type of spot, but its so dark out where we go, and the road is straight and very long. If any car comes on the road, you can see them from 3 miles down. We do have another meet, that when the cops break it up, they will get you for anything because they know you came to watch the races, but they didnt catch you in the act. So they'll give you **** like tint ticjets, or exhaust tickets, or not using your signals. Any little thing. Pathetic.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
easy... pull the ebrake... and hang on...
but yeah try doin that out here in NYC... running from the cops is crazy, but there are a hell of a lot more of them... thats why I stay the hell away from this crap now.
Better watch out for my brother...he modded his patrol car and can hang with even ur rx7 LOL IM JK
Old 12-27-2006, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by West Palm SRT4
Damn. I go to meets like this all the time. Some what similar to your type of spot, but its so dark out where we go, and the road is straight and very long. If any car comes on the road, you can see them from 3 miles down. We do have another meet, that when the cops break it up, they will get you for anything because they know you came to watch the races, but they didnt catch you in the act. So they'll give you **** like tint ticjets, or exhaust tickets, or not using your signals. Any little thing. Pathetic.
A few races, then off to the gay bar for you guys after....
Old 12-27-2006, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by an0malous
meets like that are so funny.

i went to one a while back in calgary to watch and laugh with my brother in law in his 5.0L stang. we just drove around laughing at the 15 year old F&F wannabes, and how hollywood it is when they run away yellin "cops cops cops"

I kept lookin around for toretto to show up, or the hot asian schoolgirl chick, but they never showed

they all blew outta there fartcannoning away so we just stayed at our cars drinkin our coffees.The cops rolled past us and smiled at the stang and asked my B-I-L where they are heading next....he just laughed and said probably back to Tim Hortons again.

cop just smiled and drove off.

I know what you mean, Street racing did exist before fast and furious guys. Back when it was 10-15 guys that actually had fast cars that wanted to race. Not a buch of 16 y.o. kids that wanted to "take it to tha streets"
Old 12-27-2006, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by lsjwannabe
you should of stopped and try'd to explain to the cops that you live your life a 1/4 mile at a time im sure they would have bought it.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:03 AM

some people should have never gone to see those movies.