War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Nasty Race Yet Embarising

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Nasty Race Yet Embarising

So lets get started; I was at a local car get-together and a 95-98 4.6L Mustang GT Convertible rolled up and started talking smack about his car this that the other....Eaton and Kenne Bell blowers and other meaningless crap. So anyway he was saying his car could walk on anything and a friend with a Scion TC came over and started bsing also and said his was supercharged which it's completly stock so thet looked at engines and everything.

Well they wanted to race so we all went out to our closed road and they ligned up, I was at the end just watching and coldly waiting. They both launch and pass me which was about a 1/4 mile with the GT right in front so we go back to out meeting spot and Matt (TC) said he missed 2nd and the GT had him by 2....so knowing me I have beatin Matt almost stock and now I am far from it.

So I go over there and start talking smack to the GT owner....he says stuff about full race suspension and whatever and his is still sitting pretty stock, and I am pretty sure everyone has seen the before and after pics of the Eibach yellow Mustang well it was kind of like the left pic....huge wheel gap so I knew he was loaded with bs....

So we wait a while and we head out, we line up and a friend flags us...right off the bat I was ahead by like 4 cars. Keep in mind I have a four speed auto and he has a five speed manual, so anyway we finish with me about 3-4 ahead and we turn around and we line up again and we launch on my 3rd honk....I spin all the way to second gear and we are side-by-side the whole way.....he had me by 1/2 a car at the 1/2 mile mark and he sprayed, he says no but you could smell it......

So the whole point of this story is don't talk **** to a bunch of American made 4 bangers and can't even back it up....even though he beat me by half a car I still see it as a win because he has twice the motor as me plus spray....

And Mike (03blackoutecotec) was there with his Turbo Cavy and he said he could walk on Mike after I just whopped his ass and Mike easly walks on me....I seriously felt sorry for the guy....

So anyway just wanted to tell my story and I wish I could have gotten it on video but it's cool....an awesome kill for me, and everyone be carefull if you race and try and keep it on the track...

And also shows that the little 4 bangers can run with the big guys..and he did know how to drive because he was bangin through the gears.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:56 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Good story... unfortunately there is still a lot of people like that always trying to prove something and make nothing but fools for themselves.

BTW, how fast do those autos shift with the shift+
Old 11-14-2007, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by CobaltSS 16
Good story... unfortunately there is still a lot of people like that always trying to prove something and make nothing but fools for themselves.

BTW, how fast do those autos shift with the shift+
Very fast......take the stock shift time and with the Shift+ takes about 1/4 of that time....roughly and being funny but a huge and very noticable difference.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:11 PM

Nice I hate people that are all talk and then they get their asses handed to them by a 2.4 SS Oh so nice!
Old 11-14-2007, 08:46 PM

First of all I've been around tons of nitrous cars and you can't smell if they spray or not, I've never heard of such a thing. LOL Secondly from the looks of it a SS is a high-mid 15 second car stock and with your few mods I would say you are a low 15 car at BEST. A 96-98 GT Covt isn't anything to call home about but those stock will run a low 15- high 14 now if it had the 5.0 in it it would be more like a mid 15 car. You say you beat him by like 4 cars, did you pull out of the hole or did he and you then pulled the 4 cars? It sounds like we have a shitty driver in a semi-close car and thats how you won. Either way if the guy realy would have sprayed he would have walked you ass bad, these cars respond very well to nitrous and even with a bad driver would have pulled past you very quick. The only other thing I could think of is the car was just a POS and run down.

Now the guys does sound like he was being an ass and even better from the looks of it he cant drive very well so its good you shut him up. People that talk **** and can't/won't back it up **** me off.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:48 PM

^ I think all cars respond well to nitrous..

And no, you cant smell it if he sprayed. And why are you racing for over a half mile? Did he spray at like 140 mph???
Old 11-14-2007, 11:55 PM

nice, now come race me...you got 25% more engine than me
Old 11-17-2007, 09:57 PM

Thanks for all the comments and I didn't smell it myself the guys watching did....and not sure if his was a POS or not but I had him on the launch by like 4 cars.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:03 PM

I smell nitrous all the time. But thats when i want to get high! And dont want to feel the dentist cut, grind, pull **** out of my mouth!
Old 11-18-2007, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by 04YellowGT
First of all I've been around tons of nitrous cars and you can't smell if they spray or not, I've never heard of such a thing. LOL Secondly from the looks of it a SS is a high-mid 15 second car stock and with your few mods I would say you are a low 15 car at BEST. A 96-98 GT Covt isn't anything to call home about but those stock will run a low 15- high 14 now if it had the 5.0 in it it would be more like a mid 15 car. You say you beat him by like 4 cars, did you pull out of the hole or did he and you then pulled the 4 cars? It sounds like we have a shitty driver in a semi-close car and thats how you won. Either way if the guy realy would have sprayed he would have walked you ass bad, these cars respond very well to nitrous and even with a bad driver would have pulled past you very quick. The only other thing I could think of is the car was just a POS and run down.

Now the guys does sound like he was being an ass and even better from the looks of it he cant drive very well so its good you shut him up. People that talk **** and can't/won't back it up **** me off.

W3rd, seems kinda fishy to me. Smelling nitrous??

And that genertion of GT's can be made pretty quick for not too much money. My buddies' 97 has gears, intake and a couple bolt-ons with like a 90 shot of nitrous and he ran a 12.7 at 112. That was with slicks.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:51 PM

I will stand corrected again...I did not smell it just what they said...and from our first run to the second he stayed side-by-side so he could have sprayed, dunno? And I have a way better launch than him the first time, the second had a little wheel spin to 30.....call me a liar w/e...next time I will try and get a video.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well first of all, you said "right off the bat I was 4 cars ahead" yet you said you spun on the secnod race which wouldn't mean he sprayed...just you lost traction...losing traction is a bad thing...I'm sorry, if he sprayed nitrous, you would've been DONE...no offense...I don't think the people that were "watching"...and smelling know too much and are just assuming stuff out of their a$$e$
Old 11-19-2007, 01:09 PM

you smelled nitrous....
Old 11-19-2007, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by memphisr24
Well first of all, you said "right off the bat I was 4 cars ahead" yet you said you spun on the secnod race which wouldn't mean he sprayed...just you lost traction...losing traction is a bad thing...I'm sorry, if he sprayed nitrous, you would've been DONE...no offense...I don't think the people that were "watching"...and smelling know too much and are just assuming stuff out of their a$$e$
True, and just going by what I heard.....I think it was just an old engine with a bad driver but none the less I won....

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
you smelled nitrous....
I didn't....please read what I have written like three times.