War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Protege vs. SS/SC

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 03:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
yea...im sure that happened...an evo with a larger than stock turbo should be running high 11's at the slowest on stock rubber. with full bolt ons an evo 8 should run mid-low 12's. i dont beleive you

I dunno... there is an STI here in UT with the FP green turbo package and dyno'd 338awhp and only pulled a 14.1 at the track lol...

HORRIBLE DRIVER THOUGH!
Old 10-08-2006, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Orlandoech
I dunno... there is an STI here in UT with the FP green turbo package and dyno'd 338awhp and only pulled a 14.1 at the track lol...

HORRIBLE DRIVER THOUGH!

lol even then he would walk an ss/sc to 70. remember evos and sti's are faster at slower speeds than they are at higher speeds. he would do better to 70 than say to 100 if it was going to be a close race. i still don't beleive this, unless the guy was lying about his mods.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:54 PM

damn...i wish my protege would run a 15.9.......would be nice!
Old 10-08-2006, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by RicerHater
damn...i wish my protege would run a 15.9.......would be nice!

i wish my car could do that....oh wait it does that starting in third. i really don't understand why people buy base model protege's and stuff if they really want a fast 1/4 mile car. you can get an ls1 camaro for like 10 grand and a 5.0 fox for like 6-7....whats the deal?
Old 10-08-2006, 04:00 PM

haha agreed....^^^^^ my protege is a 1993, so 15.9 would be pretty fast for it hahahaha
Old 10-09-2006, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
lol even then he would walk an ss/sc to 70. remember evos and sti's are faster at slower speeds than they are at higher speeds. he would do better to 70 than say to 100 if it was going to be a close race. i still don't beleive this, unless the guy was lying about his mods.
No he wouldn't, because he didn't. And 70 is only to the begining of 3rd gear. His bigger turbo takes longer to spool and by the time it did I was ahead of him. Now, when it spooled up, that was a different story. Also, in my previous post I meant SRT not STI. My neighbor has an SRT with a bigger turbo, injectors, fuel pump and tune.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by RedSSBaltSC
No he wouldn't, because he didn't. And 70 is only to the begining of 3rd gear. His bigger turbo takes longer to spool and by the time it did I was ahead of him. Now, when it spooled up, that was a different story. Also, in my previous post I meant SRT not STI. My neighbor has an SRT with a bigger turbo, injectors, fuel pump and tune.

even with a big turbo he is still going to hit max boost in first gear unless his turbo is ENORMOUS. at that point he would just catch up to you and walk all over you in second. it may have happened, i just dont beleive it. dont take it personally
Old 10-09-2006, 03:25 PM

Well it happened, and it is possible to beat an EVO, maybe not with your stang, but it is possible.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by RedSSBaltSC
Well it happened, and it is possible to beat an EVO, maybe not with your stang, but it is possible.

lol again, yes it is possible, but with his mods and a competent driver it shouldn't happen at all. and btw i don't know what kind of times you run or what kind of mods you have. if you are stock, i really just personally dont beleive it, but if you have alot of mods, hey it's alot more possible. oh and if you are stock, don't go trash talking my stang because i will easily hang with you if not beat you from a dig. ran high 14's stock, with my mods i should be seein mid 14's easy, just havent gone to the track with the intake/tune/gears/locker yet.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Mines_Better
oh gimme a break! just chill out man. dont act like you never do anything wrong and you are just OH SO MATURE. it was an opinion and he is entitled to it, everyone is. if he thinks that mazda people are stupid then who cares! if you get this worked up over the internet i can only imagine you in person. OUT OF CONTROL! you act like he said that stuff about you or something.
lets recap... he stated an opinion and called SOMEONE ELSE a name, you didnt agree with it, so you proceeded to get on here to call him as many names as possible and act like a psycho. i dont ever get involved when people like you go off, but this is just too much to just let pass by. its people like you that embarass us all.
So why are you replying pal if your all non-intervention????

Never said I don't do anything wrong, and never said that I am so mature. Personally, you are pretty dambed immature if you are making generalizations about car owners based on what one member says about a Cobalt.

Originally Posted by Orlandoech
MSP owners are by far the dumbest group of ppl in the world!

Seriously, they are dumber than doornails... and to think they were issues SSNs, whats a waste of a Social Security Number.
That comment deserved my reaction. If someone has that little respect for other people on a forum I can't imagine what they say to other people face to face.

I am embarrassed to see a member like this come on and make such ridiculous claims. Worse yet, it is a supporting vendor. They shouldn't be making b.s. posts like that. That makes all the members of this site look bad, and hurts Cobalt owners in general.

Personally, I am getting fed up with seeing stupid people making stupid posts. Everyone is always posting threads about what someone else said about their poor little Cobalt on some other site (usually how slow it is), and then we have multi-page threads lambasting the owner of another car because they said our cars are slow. You complain about what other people say about your car on other sites, then do the same thing over on our site about their cars. It is so stupid!

Many of you are childish when it comes to what other people think of your cars. I am not angry, and I did not spaz. I had a strong opinion, and I let it be heard. I beleive in speaking my mind. I don't yell at people in person when I disagree with them. The forum allows me to express my views in writing. Anyone who generalizes a car owner and says that they are "Freakin Idiots" is even more of an idiot. The fact is, the person who made the comments is a supporting vendor, and should not be able to make comments like that. It is a disgrace to Cobalt owners and the cobaltss.net community.

If you drive a Cobalt SS, and you enjoy it and think it is fast, then that is all that should matter to you. Who the hell gives a **** as to what some other guy thinks of your car? They are entitled to their opinion, and don't deserve to be called "Freakin Idiots" because they disagree with you. I have never come on here and called someone an idiot because of their opinion, and I don't bash people unless they really deserve it. In this case, I felt the person needed it.

I stand by what I said, as it needed to be said. If any of you have a problem with that, then so be it. You only have a problem because you are as dimwitted as the looser who made the idiotic comments in the first place.

If you don't stand up for what you believe in, then why believe in it at all?