War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

raced 06 mustang

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 01:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm... where do I start?

Originally Posted by domin8_gt
I beat the new GT from a dig in my SS/SC, but only because the Cobalt has better power than the GT in the lower RPM's. It was a game of catch up for him, which he almost did. I think I beat him by 1/4-1/2 car length after taking him by about 2 car lengths on launch. Once those GT's wake up you better find some hidden power. And for those that want to call BS, ask the some of the guys in the Utah Muscle Car Association. There were about 6 cars chasing us to witness the results.
SS/SC has better low-end power than a GT? Come on. I think what you mean is, "this guy sucked at launching so I got a lead, but he started reeling me in once he got rolling." Truth is, the GT should put a couple cars on you from a launch if the driver has a clue what he's doing, and then he'll proceed to walk away, just like he did when you raced him.

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
i ran a 14.91 totally stock.
my car runs full second faster et's than the previous model 6's stock
My '00 5-speed went 15.5@90 when it was SLOWER than stock w/ a crappy 2.331 60', which I've greatly improved since then w/o changing anything relevent to the 60'. So, not only would my car be within a half-second of a stock 05+, many people have gone faster than me, and Evan Smith (of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords) went 14.94 w/ a stock '99 5-speed w/ just the spare removed.

The 05+ V6's are definately faster (especially auto's), but not "a full second faster"

my car runs identical times to stock 5.0's
TONS of stock 5-speed Hatches and Coupes have gone low 14's, with a very, very limited number even cracking into the high, high 13's bone stock. Your car may run the same times as SOME 5.0's, and faster than some as well, but there are definately plenty that have run faster.

Originally Posted by SLOWBALT06
A GOOD DRIVER WITH A COBALT SS/SC WILL TAKE A V-6 STANG BY A SECOND FLAT
Let me know when a BONE STOCK SS/SC runs 13.8 or better. I won't hold my breath.

i doubt first of all it will make 450 hp and second its not gonna hold if it does
Well, you'd be wrong on both counts. It's already been done... Not only with the 4.0 as 8cd03gro said, but with the 3.8 as well. Just FYI, there's a guy w/ a stock LONGBLOCK (heads/cam/internals/block/intakes) 3.8 that makes ~450whp+ and runs 10.9 @ 128mph... and has been doing so for a couple years now. Oh, and it cost $6k to do... including suspension.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:04 AM

well i dont have time to read all the posts etc but good race u shoulda won by more though. when i had the v6 stang it lost by about 2 lengths to ss/sc. a ss / na will lose to a v6 stang but none the less good race

and yes the v6 stang has about the same hp as the ss /sc and a little more tourqe(please rember the ss sc is underated on paper it actually pushes more than what it says. so a little more tourqe for the stang but alot more weight(wieght for man is 3300 and weight for auto is 3345 vs the ss sc 2991 and around 3000 for auto) so youre looking at roughly 300 pounds more weight plus real wheel drive cant hook like a front wheel and dont forget the awful mustang lag (all mustang drivers know the mustang has lag till about 20 or 30 then it kicks in)
Old 10-15-2006, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by snobird
well i dont have time to read all the posts etc but good race u shoulda won by more though. when i had the v6 stang it lost by about 2 lengths to ss/sc. a ss / na will lose to a v6 stang but none the less good race

and yes the v6 stang has about the same hp as the ss /sc and a little more tourqe(please rember the ss sc is underated on paper it actually pushes more than what it says. so a little more tourqe for the stang but alot more weight(wieght for man is 3300 and weight for auto is 3345 vs the ss sc 2991 and around 3000 for auto) so youre looking at roughly 300 pounds more weight plus real wheel drive cant hook like a front wheel and dont forget the awful mustang lag (all mustang drivers know the mustang has lag till about 20 or 30 then it kicks in)

alright im going to try to correct you without being an ass. there is no auto ss/sc and fwd cant hook nearly as well as rwd, but fwd has less drivetrain power loss. That's why the ss/sc i raced and lost to, i outlaunched him, and ahd about half a car until around 50ish when he started coming up on me and passed me and when we shut down at 90ish he was a little over half a car ahead of me. and what are you talking about...mustang lag?!
Old 10-15-2006, 08:02 AM

alright im going to try to correct you without being an ass. there is no auto ss/sc and fwd cant hook nearly as well as rwd, but fwd has less drivetrain power loss. That's why the ss/sc i raced and lost to, i outlaunched him, and ahd about half a car until around 50ish when he started coming up on me and passed me and when we shut down at 90ish he was a little over half a car ahead of me. and what are you talking about...mustang lag?!
x2

"Mustang Lag" ???
Old 10-15-2006, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Malek
Yeah and def to so it was kind of pure luck that we actually were able to get into a car and drive.You do things your way and i'll do them mine,read the above posts and stop asking the same questions again or are you a little slow?
some 1 has been drinking some hateraide but i found the post after the fact and i was laughing so hard i had to add on

just messin w/ ya bro its all about the
Old 10-15-2006, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Blainestang
x2

"Mustang Lag" ???
All I can think is that he's referring to the downshift lag on an auto. Which is insane because last i checked a true race goes from a dig anyway.

This whole thread is filled with ignorance about Mustangs, save for you, the other 4.0 owner, and a few Cobalt owners.

I was going to respond to each of that slowbalts guys posts, but really they are so rediculous why bother. The 4.0 v6 Mustang ,5-sp or auto, is somewhere between the stock s/c SS and the n/a SS in terms of speed and 1/4 times, closer to the s/c SS. Calling it a girls car blah blah is as lame as calling a s/c Cobalt a dressed up POS econobox.

Good kill to the t/s, one car sounds right if you had traction problems.

Last edited by jercho73; 10-15-2006 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-15-2006, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by jercho73
All I can think is that he's referring to the downshift lag on an auto. Which is insane because last i checked a true race goes from a dig anyway.

This whole thread is filled with ignorance about Mustangs, save for you, the other 4.0 owner, and a few Cobalt owners.

I was going to respond to each of that slowbalts guys posts, but really they are so rediculous why bother. The 4.0 v6 Mustang 5-sp is somewhere between the stock s/c SS and the n/a SS in terms of speed and 1/4 times, closer to the s/c SS. Calling it a girls car blah blah is as lame as calling a s/c Cobalt a dressed up POS econobox.

at first i thought he was talking about throttle lag, but having "lag" until 20 mph...i've never heard of that, and first gear is very responsive on my car. he is probably talking about the autos like you said. but anyway, this thread has gotten super off topic and i am not going to post here anymore.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:09 PM

at first i thought he was talking about throttle lag, but having "lag" until 20 mph...i've never heard of that, and first gear is very responsive on my car. he is probably talking about the autos like you said. but anyway, this thread has gotten super off topic and i am not going to post here anymore.

Nah, throttle lag isn't a huge issue, it wont even effect your 1/4 times, or roll times.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:03 PM

I like both cars actually, and even the SRT4. What I like about the Cobalt SS and SRT4 is they beat the imports at thier own game.

I saw a SRT4 a few weekends ago run 13.2 with boost increase and some suspension mods and tires. Strong runs.

I never underestimate any of these cars at the track, of course in the reverse, don't underestimate the S197 V6 either. The mod market has really reacted to this car which is suprising.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:26 PM

I think a lot of folks here overestimate the almighty power of the SS/SC. The v6 isn't a bad car. I unfortunately had one TRY and pick on me today and it was pretty ugly. But they defintely have the potential, just look at RYGEN.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jercho73

I was going to respond to each of that slowbalts guys posts, but really they are so rediculous why bother. The 4.0 v6 Mustang ,5-sp or auto, is somewhere between the stock s/c SS and the n/a SS in terms of speed and 1/4 times, closer to the s/c SS. Calling it a girls car blah blah is as lame as calling a s/c Cobalt a dressed up POS econobox.

let me get a tune exhaust and intake and ill be spanking that little 14.6 with your intake exhaust and tune a cobalt ss/sc with a small amount of mods like 400$ could EASILY walk modded gt's ive seen it more than once mustangs are trash
Old 10-15-2006, 09:15 PM
Banned

comes with a tuner and a base tune, easy install compared to most turbo kits because we have far more room in our engine bay than most cars because they needed room there for the gt's 4.6, the axles and the rearend have been proven to hold far more power than this kit puts out, and our stock clutch is very strong. so lets just throw in another couple hundred bucks for shipping and say 5100? spend 5100 on your car and see if it runs 11's with the daily driven setup on drags. lets say mid 12's on street rubber. hmmm you need alot more work including internals to handle that kind of power.
HAHAHAHA TYPICAL MUSTANG GUYS HEY BUDDY CAUGHT YOU WITH YOUR FOOT IN YOUR MOUTH THIS IS AN EXACT QUOTE FROM THE MUSTANG FORUM THE SAME GUY BELONGS TO

lol i hate when this happens. I always kid myself into thinking oh man i could buy the ph turbo kit for 4k and run low 13's! and then i realize i dont have an lsd, gears, any suspension stuff done, and there is no way i could install the snail with my tool situation and my garage space (the blower maybe). God whenever i see the true price of how much it costs i think maybe i'd be better off doing all the na bolt ons then getting cams and slowly building up to a 4.0 with head work cams and all the bolt ons... i really think we could run high 13's with that setup. I cant bring myself to drop 5 grand at one time.

YEAH HIGH 13's HAHA NOW WHAT ARE YOU GONNA SAY YOU CANT SAY **** SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND GO BACK TO YOUR MUSTANG FORUM THIS IS WHY I HATE MUSTANG OWNERS

and for those that dont believe me look at the link before he deletes his post like a b*tch

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_1944597/tm.htm
Old 10-15-2006, 09:20 PM
Banned

and this is rygens mustang part list for running a 12.4

#

* Dual 10" Dark Red Stripes w/1" Pin Stripes
* Tri-Bar Running Pony Emblems
* 4.0 Deck lid Emblem
* 17x9 Black Bullitt Wheels w/chrome lip
* Legend Spoiler
* Street Scene Center Fog Light Grille
* Race Stickers (for track events, got to be good for another 10HP!!!!!)
* UPR knobs, locks, etc.

Go Fast Goodies

* Powerhouse Pipeline Turbo @ 10.38lbs (Note: 12 second runs were on 8.5lbs of boost!)
* Powerhouse Lower Control Arms
* Powerhouse Upper Control Arm
* Powerhouse Drive Shaft
* Powerhouse/CHE Drive Shaft Loop
* Powerhouse/CHE Panhard Bar w/Poly/Poly
* Powerhouse/CHE Panhard Brace
* Powerhouse K Member Brace
* Dual Flowmaster American Thunder Mufflers
* SCT XCAL2
* AEM Wideband w/output to XCAL2 & Laptop
* Autometer Boos Gauge
* PHP Alternator Pulley
* Ford Racing 3.73 Gears
* Ford Racing TLOK
* LPW Girdle (stronger than the TA piece)
* Reflashed Stock Converter (percision is working on mine, have some fitment issues with the V6, should have it by Nov. 2006)
* M&H Drag Radials (for track)
* Nitto Extreme 450's 255/50/17 up front & 275/50/17 rear (for street)

HAHA can you say AROUND 8,000
Old 10-15-2006, 09:23 PM
Banned

SO AFTER PULLING ALL THAT INFO YOUR NOT RIGHT WHAT A SUPRISE THERE ARE PEOPLE RUNNING 12.8 with 4,000 AND YOUR MUSTANG GUY IS RUNNING 12.4 FOR 8,000 HAHA YOU MAKE ME LAUGH YEA SO MUCH FOR HAVING MORE POTENTIAL HUH
Old 10-15-2006, 09:26 PM

ya i smoked a 06 v6 like he was standing still

and he started off in front of me but ended up way back
Old 10-15-2006, 09:29 PM

malek what road were u racing?! ive been looking for a good spot to run my buddy but areas are a lil to busy...
Old 10-15-2006, 09:33 PM
Banned

thats the biggest sig ive ever seen
Old 10-15-2006, 10:26 PM

and this is rygens mustang part list for running a 12.4

#

* Dual 10" Dark Red Stripes w/1" Pin Stripes
* Tri-Bar Running Pony Emblems
* 4.0 Deck lid Emblem
* 17x9 Black Bullitt Wheels w/chrome lip
* Legend Spoiler
* Street Scene Center Fog Light Grille
* Race Stickers (for track events, got to be good for another 10HP!!!!!)
* UPR knobs, locks, etc.

Go Fast Goodies

* Powerhouse Pipeline Turbo @ 10.38lbs (Note: 12 second runs were on 8.5lbs of boost!)
* Powerhouse Drive Shaft
* Powerhouse/CHE Drive Shaft Loop
* Powerhouse/CHE Panhard Bar w/Poly/Poly
* Powerhouse/CHE Panhard Brace
* Powerhouse K Member Brace
* Dual Flowmaster American Thunder Mufflers
* SCT XCAL2
* AEM Wideband w/output to XCAL2 & Laptop
* Autometer Boos Gauge
* PHP Alternator Pulley
* Ford Racing 3.73 Gears
* Ford Racing TLOK
* LPW Girdle (stronger than the TA piece)
* Reflashed Stock Converter (percision is working on mine, have some fitment issues with the V6, should have it by Nov. 2006)
* Nitto Extreme 450's 255/50/17 up front & 275/50/17 rear (for street)

HAHA can you say AROUND 8,000

Let's remove all the stuff that doesn't really contribute to that 12.4, and see what we've got:

Go Fast Goodies

* SCT XCAL2
* Ford Racing 3.73 Gears
* Ford Racing TLOK

Still think that's $8k in parts?

Most of the stuff on there like appearance as well as boost guages, A/F systems, driveshafts, driveshaft loops, etc., are not really necessary to run these times.

Even the LCA's and UCA's could be stock, and he'd still be able to pull a 12.6 or so, based on the fact that it only took a 1.9 60' to do that, which could be accomplished w/ good driving on stock suspension and DR's.

So, for probably $6k and change (or significantly cheaper if you peice together your own turbo kit), you're running well into the 12's. Add that to the actual cost of a V6 Mustang ($18k), and you're sitting at $24k. An SS/SC might or might not be able to run similar times for the money, but either way, it's pretty clear neither is going to absolutely destroy the other.

So, this isn't to say that one is better than the other, but to maybe put this pointless argument to rest.

Some people like Mustangs... some people like Cobalts... both can be quick for relatively little money. Each person's just going to have to decide on their own which way to go.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:35 PM
Banned

Congrats... you know nothing about cars...

Let's remove all the stuff that doesn't really contribute to that 12.4, and see what we've got:

Go Fast Goodies

* SCT XCAL2
* Ford Racing 3.73 Gears
* Ford Racing TLOK

Just to get that turbo in your car your looking at 5500 UNLESS you install it yourself can you do that i dont think so second gears lower upper sct xcal2 gears t lok and drags is at least AT LEAST another thousand so thats 6500 with NO suspension mods and your still only into the high 12's lets see you get your mustang into the 12s and when you do tell me how many parts you blew on the way there , theres a reason why this guy is so praised on the mustang forums with his high 12 because its not easy to do and hes probably the only one in the 12's plus hes got a ton of money in his car your a mustang guy you think im gonna listen to your $$$$ numbers your just trying to make mustangs look good keep trying and also tell me why your buddy was contemplating himself on 2 different forums maybe bc mustang owners think there the Sh*t and will just spit out stupid numbers to look cool when they really dont know anything about 1. our cars and 2. the cars they drive have a nice night and a nice life with your v-6 mustang and when i see a v-6 mustang on the road ill be sure and race it and put a video on here
Old 10-15-2006, 10:53 PM

Just to get that turbo in your car your looking at 5500 UNLESS you install it yourself can you do that i dont think so second gears lower upper sct xcal2 gears t lok and drags is at least AT LEAST another thousand so thats 6500 with NO suspension mods and your still only into the high 12's lets see you get your mustang into the 12s and when you do tell me how many parts you blew on the way there , theres a reason why this guy is so praised on the mustang forums with his high 12 because its not easy to do and hes probably the only one in the 12's plus hes got a ton of money in his car your a mustang guy you think im gonna listen to your $$$$ numbers your just trying to make mustangs look good keep trying and also tell me why your buddy was contemplating himself on 2 different forums maybe bc mustang owners think there the Sh*t and will just spit out stupid numbers to look cool when they really dont know anything about 1. our cars and 2. the cars they drive have a nice night and a nice life with your v-6 mustang and when i see a v-6 mustang on the road ill be sure and race it and put a video on here

ok once again, that kit comes with an x-cal2. the gears are definately not 1k. you can get them and a locker installed for 650, if you install yourself you can do it for around 400 bucks. so around 5500 bucks. rygen is running a 12.4 with his suspension mods, so lets say 12.5-12.6. but then from there we can say we take off a few tenths for a stick so this is an equal comparison. so once again, mid possibly low 12's on DR's high possibly mid-ish 12's on street rubber. and it has been proven by powerhouse that it is safe to run more boost than 10 on the stock block. so i can tell you for sure that 11's are possible on stock internals... good luck getting your lsj into low 12's on stock internals in street trim. this is stupid, i don't even know why im talking to you. just remember that YOU started this argument. it has gone on too long already in my opinion.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:04 PM
Banned

ok once again, that kit comes with an x-cal2. the gears are definately not 1k. you can get them and a locker installed for 650, if you install yourself you can do it for around 400 bucks. so around 5500 bucks. rygen is running a 12.4 with his suspension mods, so lets say 12.5-12.6. but then from there we can say we take off a few tenths for a stick so this is an equal comparison. so once again, mid possibly low 12's on DR's high possibly mid-ish 12's on street rubber. and it has been proven by powerhouse that it is safe to run more boost than 10 on the stock block. so i can tell you for sure that 11's are possible on stock internals... good luck getting your lsj into low 12's on stock internals in street trim. this is stupid, i don't even know why im talking to you. just remember that YOU started this argument. it has gone on too long already in my opinion.
THIS IS YOUR ORIGINAL POST ON A MUSTANG FORUM

lol i hate when this happens. I always kid myself into thinking oh man i could buy the ph turbo kit for 4k and run low 13's! and then i realize i dont have an lsd, gears, any suspension stuff done, and there is no way i could install the snail with my tool situation and my garage space (the blower maybe). God whenever i see the true price of how much it costs i think maybe i'd be better off doing all the na bolt ons then getting cams and slowly building up to a 4.0 with head work cams and all the bolt ons... i really think we could run high 13's with that setup. I cant bring myself to drop 5 grand at one time.

DONT BELIEVE ME CHECK IT HERE

hahah your such a joke read my post earlier in this article you cant install a turbo bc your dont have enough room in your garage or the tools you need also you do need suspension mods as stated in your earlier post 5100 for the turbo with shipping 540 for gears and lockers haha plus a wideband 750 so 750 plus 5100 =5850 with NO suspension mods no new tires nothing o yeah and last thing your only gonna be running the same thing as a cobalt with 4000 and your not even gonna have anything to custom tune your car so what happens if its freezing one night out or its really hot huh and your cars not used to it ?????? BOOM BYE BYE V-6 MUSTANG
Old 10-15-2006, 11:06 PM

Just to get that turbo in your car your looking at 5500 UNLESS you install it yourself can you do that? I don't think so.
Yes... I could. Try again...

Second, gears lower upper sct xcal2 gears t lok and drags is at least AT LEAST another thousand so thats 6500 with NO suspension mods and your still only into the high 12's
Umm... you just listed UCA's and LCA's, and then said "No suspension mods." You don't have a clue what you're talking about. Not to mention, I already proved that he could run a 60' good enough for 12.6 w/o the UCA's or LCA's.

0 for 2...

lets see you get your mustang into the 12s and when you do tell me how many parts you blew on the way there
I have a Mustang capable of 12's... with Zero broken parts... but related to this topic, I don't even have a 4.0, but Rygen daily drives his 12-second V6, so that's proof against that suggestion...

Wow... you're on a roll here, buddy

theres a reason why this guy is so praised on the mustang forums with his high 12 because its not easy to do and hes probably the only one in the 12's
Umm... yeah. Anyone on here running 12's is going to be "praised", too. Good point

your a mustang guy you think im gonna listen to your $$$$ numbers
Well, considering you have no clue what you're talking about, and I am a Mustang guy... yeah, that probably wouldn't be a bad idea.

also tell me why your buddy was contemplating himself on 2 different forums
Umm... I've never talked to 8cd03gro before joining this website, and if you'd look a few posts up, I actually disagreed with him on some stuff. I'm not defending his position because he's necessarily my "buddy"... I'm defending this position, because it's right, and you have no clue what you're talking about.

maybe bc mustang owners think there the Sh*t and will just spit out stupid numbers to look cool when they really dont know anything about 1. our cars and 2. the cars they drive
Oh, yeah... It's pretty clear I don't know anything about Mustangs I crap out more Mustang knowledge every day then you'll ever know about Cobalts... and while we're on the subject of Cobalts, I've been around this forum for a pretty long time, so I'm not exactly ignorant of what the SS/SC can do, either.

have a nice night and a nice life with your v-6 mustang and when i see a v-6 mustang on the road ill be sure and race it and put a video on here
First of all, a race with a random V6 on the street really wouldn't be pertinent to this most recent debate... so have fun with that.

Secondly, my V6 is just my daily driver built to just give cars like stock SS/SC's a decent run. I'm building a street-beast / Road Course Foxbody Mustang for future use, and if you ever want to get walked like you're standing on the brake pedal, the Bullitt is waiting.

Have a nice night.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:12 PM
Banned

Yes... I could. Try again...

Umm... you just listed UCA's and LCA's, and then said "No suspension mods." You don't have a clue what you're talking about. Not to mention, I already proved that he could run a 60' good enough for 12.6 w/o the UCA's or LCA's.

0 for 2...

I have a Mustang capable of 12's... with Zero broken parts... but related to this topic, I don't even have a 4.0, but Rygen daily drives his 12-second V6, so that's proof against that suggestion...

Wow... you're on a roll here, buddy

Umm... yeah. Anyone on here running 12's is going to be "praised", too. Good point

Well, considering you have no clue what you're talking about, and I am a Mustang guy... yeah, that probably wouldn't be a bad idea.

Umm... I've never talked to 8cd03gro before joining this website, and if you'd look a few posts up, I actually disagreed with him on some stuff. I'm not defending his position because he's necessarily my "buddy"... I'm defending this position, because it's right, and you have no clue what you're talking about.

Oh, yeah... It's pretty clear I don't know anything about Mustangs I crap out more Mustang knowledge every day then you'll ever know about Cobalts... and while we're on the subject of Cobalts, I've been around this forum for a pretty long time, so I'm not exactly ignorant of what the SS/SC can do, either.

First of all, a race with a random V6 on the street really wouldn't be pertinent to this most recent debate... so have fun with that.

Secondly, my V6 is just my daily driver built to just give cars like stock SS/SC's a decent run. I'm building a street-beast / Road Course Foxbody Mustang for future use, and if you ever want to get walked like you're standing on the brake pedal, the Bullitt is waiting.

Have a nice night.

Take your garbage back to the mustang forum with your buddy
Old 10-15-2006, 11:16 PM

THIS IS YOUR ORIGINAL POST ON A MUSTANG FORUM

DONT BELIEVE ME CHECK IT HERE

hahah your such a joke read my post earlier in this article you cant install a turbo bc your dont have enough room in your garage or the tools you need also you do need suspension mods as stated in your earlier post 5100 for the turbo with shipping 540 for gears and lockers haha plus a wideband 750 so 750 plus 5100 =5850 with NO suspension mods no new tires nothing o yeah and last thing your only gonna be running the same thing as a cobalt with 4000 and your not even gonna have anything to custom tune your car so what happens if its freezing one night out or its really hot huh and your cars not used to it ?????? BOOM BYE BYE V-6 MUSTANG
what are you talking about man...i have a friend with a lift and i could install it there with him, i just need this car daily and it would be out of commision for a week and i cant afford to do that. and once again it would be around 5k. like i even said in my post. we don't have front wheel drive and we don't have independent suspension, so we aren't going to wheel hop so bad that our windows shatter. i garuntee you that with a little over 5k, i could run mid 12's. you will see very soon, there are a few 5-speed owners that are getting the powerhouse kit soon. It is just not practical for my situation because i don't really care to the point of doing all that because i don't go to the track often and i kind of like n/a. i did not say that i am doing it, i said it can be done and the fact of the matter is it can.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:39 PM
Banned

what are you talking about man...i have a friend with a lift and i could install it there with him, i just need this car daily and it would be out of commision for a week and i cant afford to do that. and once again it would be around 5k. like i even said in my post. we don't have front wheel drive and we don't have independent suspension, so we aren't going to wheel hop so bad that our windows shatter. i garuntee you that with a little over 5k, i could run mid 12's. you will see very soon, there are a few 5-speed owners that are getting the powerhouse kit soon. It is just not practical for my situation because i don't really care to the point of doing all that because i don't go to the track often and i kind of like n/a. i did not say that i am doing it, i said it can be done and the fact of the matter is it can.

like i said enjoy your mustang v-6 its funny how you argue about this stuff when your not even gonna put more than 2 thousand in your mustang and it probably wont break a 13.8

Quick Reply: raced 06 mustang