War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

raced 06 mustang

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SLOWBALT06
like i said enjoy your mustang v-6 its funny how you argue about this stuff when your not even gonna put more than 2 thousand in your mustang and it probably wont break a 13.8

yea...im not gonna put more than 2k into my mustang...you just keep thinkin that ms cleo.

Old 10-15-2006, 11:51 PM

if you were at a light, why did you bother honking 3 times??
Old 10-15-2006, 11:52 PM

they make v6 mustangs ?

lol jk
Old 10-16-2006, 01:44 AM

let me get a tune exhaust and intake and ill be spanking that little 14.6 with your intake exhaust and tune a cobalt ss/sc with a small amount of mods like 400$ could EASILY walk modded gt's ive seen it more than once mustangs are trash
Great, i said before the sc/SS is faster stock, and even at 14.6 i would still only be in a drivers race with one. So yipee, the top of the line Cobalt with a supercharger is a little faster then a base Mustang.

And there is no way a Cobalt s/c with $400 in mods walks a modded GT, lol...what do you think you run 13's stock?
Old 10-16-2006, 07:48 AM

Take your garbage back to the mustang forum with your buddy
So, basically, you have no good response to anything I wrote, so you just try to play it off with a stupid comment?
Old 10-16-2006, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Blainestang
Let's remove all the stuff that doesn't really contribute to that 12.4, and see what we've got:

Go Fast Goodies

* Powerhouse Pipeline Turbo @ 10.38lbs (Note: 12 second runs were on 8.5lbs of boost!)
* Powerhouse Lower Control Arms
* Powerhouse Upper Control Arm
* SCT XCAL2
* Ford Racing 3.73 Gears
* Ford Racing TLOK
* Reflashed Stock Converter (percision is working on mine, have some fitment issues with the V6, should have it by Nov. 2006)
* M&H Drag Radials (for track)

Still think that's $8k in parts?

Most of the stuff on there like appearance as well as boost guages, A/F systems, driveshafts, driveshaft loops, etc., are not really necessary to run these times.

Even the LCA's and UCA's could be stock, and he'd still be able to pull a 12.6 or so, based on the fact that it only took a 1.9 60' to do that, which could be accomplished w/ good driving on stock suspension and DR's.

So, for probably $6k and change (or significantly cheaper if you peice together your own turbo kit), you're running well into the 12's. Add that to the actual cost of a V6 Mustang ($18k), and you're sitting at $24k. An SS/SC might or might not be able to run similar times for the money, but either way, it's pretty clear neither is going to absolutely destroy the other.

So, this isn't to say that one is better than the other, but to maybe put this pointless argument to rest.

Some people like Mustangs... some people like Cobalts... both can be quick for relatively little money. Each person's just going to have to decide on their own which way to go.

Thanks for this, I was actually going to respond with similiar information. 6K and change is pretty much what it took, though I did make a lot of mistakes early on as I learned about the car.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:32 AM

Let's remove all the stuff that doesn't really contribute to that 12.4, and see what we've got:

Go Fast Goodies

* Powerhouse Pipeline Turbo @ 10.38lbs (Note: 12 second runs were on 8.5lbs of boost!)
* Powerhouse Lower Control Arms
* Powerhouse Upper Control Arm
* SCT XCAL2
* Ford Racing 3.73 Gears
* Ford Racing TLOK
* Reflashed Stock Converter (percision is working on mine, have some fitment issues with the V6, should have it by Nov. 2006)
* M&H Drag Radials (for track)

Still think that's $8k in parts?

Most of the stuff on there like appearance as well as boost guages, A/F systems, driveshafts, driveshaft loops, etc., are not really necessary to run these times.

Even the LCA's and UCA's could be stock, and he'd still be able to pull a 12.6 or so, based on the fact that it only took a 1.9 60' to do that, which could be accomplished w/ good driving on stock suspension and DR's.

So, for probably $6k and change (or significantly cheaper if you peice together your own turbo kit), you're running well into the 12's. Add that to the actual cost of a V6 Mustang ($18k), and you're sitting at $24k. An SS/SC might or might not be able to run similar times for the money, but either way, it's pretty clear neither is going to absolutely destroy the other.

So, this isn't to say that one is better than the other, but to maybe put this pointless argument to rest.

Some people like Mustangs... some people like Cobalts... both can be quick for relatively little money. Each person's just going to have to decide on their own which way to go.

Keep in mind I'm also an auto. And I'm with you, some people like Cobalts, some like Stangs. I say show the imports what we can do.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:45 AM

nice to hear that you won. Has any body raced the new mazada's
Old 10-16-2006, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by tREBs
malek what road were u racing?! ive been looking for a good spot to run my buddy but areas are a lil to busy...

84 st n.e is where we were.nobody really uses it at night time.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by BLKblurr06

Read the above posts there smiley.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rygen
Thanks for this, I was actually going to respond with similiar information. 6K and change is pretty much what it took, though I did make a lot of mistakes early on as I learned about the car.
No problem...

Sometimes you just have to bring out some facts and real-life examples to cut through the biased opinions and ignorant assumptions

And I'm with you, some people like Cobalts, some like Stangs. I say show the imports what we can do.
True... and I am definately not bashing the Cobalt in any way here... just plain ignorance. In fact, I've defended the Cobalt on other forums on several occasions... including the V6 Mustang forum.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:40 PM
Banned

THIS IS THE WHOLE POINT OF MY ARGUMENT 6,000 TO RUN 12.4 COMPARED TO 4,000 TO RUN A 12.8 WHICH CAR IS BETTER WELL IF YOU REALLY WANTED TO DO YOUR MATH TAKE YOUR 14.8 -12.4 =2.4 SECONDS DIVIDE IT BY 6,000 THATS 250$ to cut .1 OF A SECOND , COBALT TAKE 14.6 -12.8 =1.8 SECONDS 4,000 THAT EQUALS 222$ To CUT .1 OF A SECOND DO THE MATH YOUR SELF COBALTS ARE FASTER FOR THE MONEY SORRY AND IM INCLUDING AXELS AND A NEW CLUTCH ON MY COBALT SOMETHING YOUR ONLY DREAMING OF ON THAT MUSTANG , THIS RANT WAS NOT AT Rygen THIS RANT IS AT HIS 2 OTHER MUSTANG FOLLOWERS
Old 10-16-2006, 01:43 PM
Banned

No problem...

Sometimes you just have to bring out some facts and real-life examples to cut through the biased opinions and ignorant assumptions

I KNOW THATS WHY I HAD TO DO THE MATH TO SHOW YOU LOOK AT THE ABOVE POST
Old 10-16-2006, 02:36 PM

THIS IS THE WHOLE POINT OF MY ARGUMENT 6,000 TO RUN 12.4 COMPARED TO 4,000 TO RUN A 12.8 WHICH CAR IS BETTER WELL IF YOU REALLY WANTED TO DO YOUR MATH TAKE YOUR 14.8 -12.4 =2.4 SECONDS DIVIDE IT BY 6,000 THATS 250$ to cut .1 OF A SECOND , COBALT TAKE 14.6 -12.8 =1.8 SECONDS 4,000 THAT EQUALS 222$ To CUT .1 OF A SECOND DO THE MATH YOUR SELF COBALTS ARE FASTER FOR THE MONEY SORRY AND IM INCLUDING AXELS AND A NEW CLUTCH ON MY COBALT SOMETHING YOUR ONLY DREAMING OF ON THAT MUSTANG , THIS RANT WAS NOT AT Rygen THIS RANT IS AT HIS 2 OTHER MUSTANG FOLLOWERS
Worst mathmatical "proof" ever...

1. You are ignoring the original purchase price.

2. You ignore the fact that the Mustang is still faster. You cannot simply extrapolate this data. The further you go, the more it costs to go faster. For instance, it's generally a lot more expensive to go from 12.0 to 11.0, than it is to go from 14.0 to 13.0. It is 100% retarded to assume that you could drop that other .4 seconds with just $223/tenth. Maybe you can, but you can't just assume that. Otherwise, I'll just do my own calculation... Let's see, I'll take a stock V6 Mustang, throw in gears and t-loc for $500, and drop .3 in the 1/4, easily. Oh my gosh... that's only $166 per tenth. I guess that means I could run 12's (2 seconds faster) for just $3333... AMAZING!!!!... and strange because I thought it cost $6,000 to do this? I wish I would have thought of this calculation a long time ago!!!

3. And most importantly, you purposely took the best Mustang stock 1/4 (14.8) so that the change in time would be smaller, and therefore, the cost per tenth would be higher... and a not-so-good Cobalt stock time, to make the numbers look better. Hmm... this would suggest that you think the Cobalt is only slightly faster than a V6 Mustang stock vs. stock (14.6 vs. 14.8). Interesting!!!

So, Let's recalculate using a good times for Cobalt as well. Let's just use 14.2. I've seen a little better from Tofu, I believe, but I'll be generous and use 14.2.

14.2 12.8 = 1.4.

$4000 / 14 = $286 per tenth

So,

Mustang = $250 per tenth
Cobalt = $286 per tenth

Interesting!!!

So, not only was your whole calculation meaningless... but you also tried to fudge the numbers by using a crappy stock time for the Cobalt in order to make it look like the Cobalt is cheaper to mod in your meaningless calculation.

Well, looks like you lose again.

Oh, and btw, your Caps Lock key is stuck, and your punctuation buttons aren't working very well. Might want to look into getting a new keyboard.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:18 PM

True... and I am definately not bashing the Cobalt in any way here... just plain ignorance. In fact, I've defended the Cobalt on other forums on several occasions... including the V6 Mustang forum.

Thanks man, just read your other post on all the math. Keep in mind my car is an auto, for a manual with my current setup, we are talking 11's. So to compare the math against an auto, would be 15.4 I think, or 15.2. Can't remember the stock auto time.

I too have defended the Cobalt and SRT4 on other sites. That is why I post here, cause I follow some of the rides here, and there is a cool Cobalt owner in my area that meets at the local car show and he got me interested in these cars.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:12 PM

Thanks man, just read your other post on all the math. Keep in mind my car is an auto, for a manual with my current setup, we are talking 11's. So to compare the math against an auto, would be 15.4 I think, or 15.2. Can't remember the stock auto time.
Right, despite the uselessness of that whole $ per tenth calculation, this just adds to how wrong the original calculation was. The fastest time for an Auto V6 that I know of was 15.0... so that's a couple more tenths to add into the calculation.

I too have defended the Cobalt and SRT4 on other sites. That is why I post here, cause I follow some of the rides here, and there is a cool Cobalt owner in my area that meets at the local car show and he got me interested in these cars.
Yeah, I think I just googled Cobalt Forums because I wanted to learn more... Cobalts are good cars, and they've done really well for GM as well. I'm here to learn and discuss stuff, not bash cobalts (as you'd see by all my posts here), but I'm also not just going to allow someone to spout off pure ignorance about any car. I just happen to know ignorance when I see it when it comes to Mustangs, moreso than anything else.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:30 PM

For some people, ignorance is bliss. You should meet up and settle this.