War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Raced a 08 HHR SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 03:50 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 410 Likes on 352 Posts
Originally Posted by rocco11189
Haha thanks man although I would say more expensive, better looking, and faster. Im a fanboy because I have a chevy and dont like saturn or because you think I'm only about chevy when there are many other cars I like on the road. Dont we all wish we were a BALLA and pay cash. Must have been like the movies when guys bring the briefcase and pay cash for lambos only you bought a saturn.
If you, a Cobalt SS driver, are ripping on him for driving a Saturn (Redline)... then you are Gay... and immaturely Stupid.

I HATE people that rip in other people's cars. Its SO ******* pointless... and gay... and DISRESPECTFUL (A trend I've noticed a lot of with the youth of today & tomorrow - blame the rap music I suppose).
Old 02-17-2008, 04:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ill rip on him for his car when hes saying his is better and that he will take me anyday. Then insists that I am not paying for my car, so thats disrespectful to me. Reason enough for me to say something. Read the posts first USM before you decide to hate on me. Thanks apprecieate it
Old 02-17-2008, 04:10 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ill rip on him for his car when hes saying his is better and that he will take me anyday. Then insists that I am not paying for my car, so thats disrespectful to me. Reason enough for me to say something. Read the posts first USM before you decide to hate on me. Thanks apprecieate it
Old 02-17-2008, 04:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yupppp im stupid ok hes the one who started on me in the first place.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:18 AM

Settle down ladies.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:45 AM

Why would GM advertise a no-lift shift (WOT shift) feature and then put a weak transmission into the car? I'm betting there will be plenty of voided powertrain warranties in the future.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by xonic
Why would GM advertise a no-lift shift (WOT shift) feature and then put a weak transmission into the car? I'm betting there will be plenty of voided powertrain warranties in the future.
The 2 have nothing in common.

However, I just wasted my time ready this entire thread. I'd like the last couple of minutes back.

Here's my 2 cents. There is a stage 2 kit for the Solstice/Sky LNF's that will take it up to 290hp. I doubt GM will release it for the Cobalt/HHR SStc's. It's more torque than the tranny can safely handle. If they do release it, I bet they will void warranties just like they did with the LSJ stage 3 kit.

If HPT finds a way to do a full tune on the engine I can see big numbers coming, along with bigger turbos. I just won't be one of them.

Why are people saying the CSRT is making 315hp? Dodge claims 285. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know all about the under rating by the car companies. My reponse: Manufacturers are now required to rate at teh flywheel as per SAE. Besides, the CSRT is a big heavy brick. I thought the CSRT weighed around 3500 pounds too. That makes it heavier than the HHR SS. Dodge fat ladies < GM powertrain efficiency. This won't be the first time GM is underrated by 25hp in a comparo, and just like last time I expect Chevy to win. Where's the MotorTrend comparo when you need it?

For the record, Chevy is the entry level car, but not the bottom of the barrel. That honor goes to Suzuki. When the Ion was made it was just another alternative in the same market Chevy was competing in. Now, Saturn is more upscale. Saturn is being used to fill the void GM created when they killed off Oldsmobile. Saturn's are much nicer now. Don't expect a Cobalt equivalent with the LNF motor. Just won't happen. And if by some chance I am wrong, I bet it will be detuned. Just compare the Equinox Sport to the Vue Redline.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:07 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 410 Likes on 352 Posts
Yupppp im stupid ok hes the one who started on me in the first place.
You are BOTH stupid for arguing over something like that in the FIRST PLACE. Raise your maturity levels, and represent the Cobalt/Redline community a little bit better.

GM doesn't change that Trans in any of their "Fast" cars until like 500-600hp... so I'm just gonna guess that it'll make it out alive. That goes to everyone... not just you.

Last edited by USMCFieldMP; 02-17-2008 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-17-2008, 10:28 AM
Platinum Member

this [----] close to a lock, please play nice everyone
Old 02-17-2008, 11:51 AM

Dude, you drive THE SAME ******* CAR AS HIM. Good job ripping on yourself.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:34 PM

I gotta agree with alpha on this one, WHEN not IF HPT unlocks the lnf pcm you will beable to make some stupid power. The whole DI thing will take some time but i have no doubt that someone will be able to figure it out.

I think this thread is going well!!

Last edited by stryder; 02-17-2008 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-17-2008, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by stryder
I gotta agree with alpha on this one, WHEN not IF HPT unlocks the lnf pcm you will beable to make some stupid power. The whole DI thing will take some time but i have no doubt that someone will be able to figure it out.

I think this thread is going well!!
2nd that.

side note: I can't believe that we are agreeing with alpha! AND, He is acting like a mature adult! Nice Alpha! glad you lost you're e-thugness!
Old 02-17-2008, 01:42 PM
Banned

You guys seem to be forgetting about the major stumbling block. IF hpt cracks the ECU. Who's going to develop a higher flowing fuel pump to meet the fueling needs of the LNF?

Added: DCR SRT4 Caliber wheel upgrade

Old 02-17-2008, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by braineater
this [----] close to a lock, please play nice everyone
I will erase it before it gets locked and everyones posts will be bye bye LOL
Old 02-17-2008, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by domin8_gt
Why are people saying the CSRT is making 315hp? Dodge claims 285. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know all about the under rating by the car companies. My reponse: Manufacturers are now required to rate at teh flywheel as per SAE. Besides, the CSRT is a big heavy brick. I thought the CSRT weighed around 3500 pounds too. That makes it heavier than the HHR SS. Dodge fat ladies < GM powertrain efficiency. This won't be the first time GM is underrated by 25hp in a comparo, and just like last time I expect Chevy to win. Where's the MotorTrend comparo when you need it?
The caliber is heavy for a FWD econobox but is still clicks off high 13's as did the neon.

Originally Posted by USMCFieldMP
GM doesn't change that Trans in any of their "Fast" cars until like 500-600hp... so I'm just gonna guess that it'll make it out alive. That goes to everyone... not just you.
I was just going off what was said earlier in the thread about it being rated something like 260ft-lbs. I'd be uncomfortable pushing significantly the tranny's rating w/o knowing when it'll "asplode".

Originally Posted by Onyxd04Redline
You guys seem to be forgetting about the major stumbling block. IF hpt cracks the ECU. Who's going to develop a higher flowing fuel pump to meet the fueling needs of the LNF?
The Mazdaspeed3 guys were having an issue with their cam-driven fuel pump & DI as well. Might have to ask laloosh if they've worked out a fix yet.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:30 PM
Banned

Why are people saying the CSRT is making 315hp? Dodge claims 285. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know all about the under rating by the car companies. My reponse: Manufacturers are now required to rate at teh flywheel as per SAE. Besides, the CSRT is a big heavy brick. I thought the CSRT weighed around 3500 pounds too. .
Caliber SRT4 Curb Weight : 3156lbs

Old 02-17-2008, 03:39 PM
Banned

3,280lbs for the HHR SS with manual
http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpconta...2/pageNumber=1

3189lbs for the CSRT-4
http://www-5.dodge.com/vehsuite/VehicleCompare.jsp
Old 02-17-2008, 03:56 PM
Bannned

good win luke
Old 02-17-2008, 09:15 PM

hey thanks man your the first one.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:30 PM
Bannned

no prob bud
Old 02-18-2008, 01:33 AM

The caliber is heavy for a FWD econobox but is still clicks off high 13's as did the neon.
and imagine if they had produced this engine in a real compact car like the neon. that's what my argument is based off of.

Caliber SRT4 Curb Weight : 3156lbs

Originally Posted by balla
...and I'm a big enough person to admit when I'm wrong. I was wrong.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:14 AM
Banned

and imagine if they had produced this engine in a real compact car like the neon. that's what my argument is based off of.

...and I'm a big enough person to admit when I'm wrong. I was wrong.
Not wrong, just didn't know.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:25 AM

ECU has been cracked, just not full access to the required tables. The main one that can't as of yet be editted is the torque managment section. When an electronic boost controller is used with the stock ECM, it will only last a few seconds before hitting "limp home mode" similar to an LSJ with a bad tune or induction leak. This is probably the biggest thing holding back LNF progress. You're lucky to find a standalone to control an electronic throttle much less direct injection so until more access to the ECM is enabled, enjoy the 13s for a while.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:35 AM

Sorry to get off topic

Witt, I tried to PM you. Apparently you have that disabled. Anyways, I think I may have an induction leak. I'd love to chat about this when you have the time. I could use some help. If anybody else can help please send me a PM too.

Sorry for the interuption, let's get back to the topic.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:03 PM

why does everyone insist the tranny is at it's max? did some gm rep say this again, or someone else that has no clue what they are talking about? I'm gonna let you in on a little secret...most people that work for gm, or ford, or chrysler, whoever have absolutely NO IDEA what they are talking about. Half the people we get these "leaks" from are the guys that design the window up/down buttons, the steering wheels, punch numbers behind a desk, etc. How do you guys know the tranny is almost maxed out? did they give you the name of the transmission and you guys just assumed it is exactly the same? If they said, "the transmission is almost maxed out" and didn't give an explanation why, i would just wait and see. car companies don't necessarily keep the trannies they put in their cars at the same specs they got them from tremec or the like. They can use better synchros, stronger gears, diff input shafts, etc. i would bet money the tranny they put in the new ss will still at least have quite a bit of torque tolerance left.

Quick Reply: Raced a 08 HHR SS