War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

raced a 08 speed3 tonight

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Moderator Alumni
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
He's gone, put away the noose
Old 10-09-2008, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heres just a DP and muffler delete on the CSRT4:

http://www.modernperformance.com/ima...dpdynoruns.pdf
Old 10-09-2008, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
LOLZ know my teeth out. Im trained to hurt and kill people. It wouldnt end very well for u my friend.

as for the dynos, hold on hot shot.
keep talking, it's entertaining to listen to immature idiots who keep threatening me for no reason.

Heres just a DP and muffler delete on the CSRT4:

http://www.modernperformance.com/ima...dpdynoruns.pdf
similar results have been found on the ss/tc with only a downpipe

Last edited by 1WhiteSSTC; 10-09-2008 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-09-2008, 06:03 PM

Heres a link to a 11.7 pass with realtune stage 2 kit:

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/...ead.php?t=8459

Originally Posted by 1WhiteSSTC
keep talking, it's entertaining to listen to immature idiots who keep threatening me for no reason.

similar results have been found on the ss/tc with only a downpipe
thats a 36 WHP gain and 25 wtq gain. Is that what the SS/TC sees from just a DP??

Last edited by 1BADSS/SC; 10-09-2008 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-09-2008, 06:05 PM

Heres a link to a 11.7 pass with realtune stage 2 kit:

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/...ead.php?t=8459
and Hahn got a 12.9 with the following mods.......got any actual info on what that stage kit has in it?
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lnf-performance-tech-153/hahn-ss-tc-hits-12s-135227/
Here's the list of mods:

Hahn 3" CatBack
Hahn Prototype CAI
Hahn/BSR PPC Tuner
Old 10-09-2008, 06:06 PM

regardless

stock for stock

a ss/tc and csrt4 OWN a speed3 or w.e the name is

and Hahn got a 12.9 with the following mods.......got any actual info on what that stage kit has in it?
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=135227
Here's the list of mods:

Hahn 3" CatBack
Hahn Prototype CAI
Hahn/BSR PPC Tuner
drag radials + clutch too dont forget

Last edited by PimpLay2; 10-09-2008 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-09-2008, 06:07 PM

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=135227
Here's the list of mods:

Hahn 3" CatBack
Hahn Prototype CAI
Hahn/BSR PPC Tuner
the PCM is not unlocked on the CSRT4 yet. Realtune predicts 10's when the mopar stage 1 PCM is released for the CSRT4. Let me see about that list.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:08 PM

the PCM is not unlocked on the CSRT4 yet. Realtune predicts 10's when stage 1 is released for the CSRT4.
yup and we all expect to see the ss/tc in the same 10's range as your lunchbox and it'll corner the **** out of it too...........SS/TC>CSRT4 /end rant
Old 10-09-2008, 06:11 PM

Look at this link. Its kind of old info, but it will bring u into the right direction:

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/...ead.php?t=6754

yup and we all expect to see the ss/tc in the same 10's range as your lunchbox and it'll corner the **** out of it too...........SS/TC>CSRT4 /end rant
Nope 11.7 > 12.9. Sorry bud

U must be very sensitive of ur first REAL CAR! Look here. Until the technology becomes available for the SS/TC, the best it has right now is 12.9. And if u honestly think the stock turbo in the SS/TC can run 10's, Im pretty sure youll just be disappointed. Small turbo /= big power.

the SS/TC is better all around performer, the CSRT4 is a better straightline/roll performer because its turbo is much bigger. Thats just the way it is. Its not a bad thing, its preference. Just like the MS3 guys like an all around track performer.

Honestly, if we all wanted the VERY BEST drag cars, we wouldnt even get sport compacts. An 03-04 Cobra, older Z06, Trans Am, Camaro SS, GTO, these are all REAL drag cars and are ideal for the strip.

Last edited by 1BADSS/SC; 10-09-2008 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-09-2008, 06:18 PM

hellllllllllllllllllllllllll yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 10-09-2008, 06:21 PM

Look at this link. Its kind of old info, but it will bring u into the right direction:

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/...ead.php?t=6754

Nope 11.7 > 12.9. Sorry bud

U must be very sensitive of ur first REAL CAR! Look here. Until the technology becomes available for the SS/TC, the best it has right now is 12.9. And if u honestly think the stock turbo in the SS/TC can run 10's, Im pretty sure youll just be disappointed. Small turbo /= big power.

the SS/TC is better all around performer, the CSRT4 is a better straightline/roll performer because its turbo is much bigger. Thats just the way it is.
man i think your the one who's sensitive about your car cause you won't drop this........when it comes down to it, in 2 years time when all the kits and upgrades and tuning and bullshit is done and out on the market, the ss/tc and CSRT4 will be puttin down damn near the same WHP and Torque and 1/4mile runs............only time will tell and so far the caliber has been out longer than the ss/tc so of course they are faster on the 1/4 ATM.........just leave it at this, we all hate the looks of your CSRT4 and none of us believe it will be greater powered in the end with all the bolt on's and kits and tuning ect ect ect........they are both 4cylinder engines and will put out near the same in the end............seriously just drop it dood.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:24 PM

i am all for the t/c

but when it comes down to facts.... the cobalt is not a car that can take many mods... the caliber definately wins that battle.... it comes with like a stage 2 turbo....

yes the cobalt might be able to have the same WHP and Torque but the Caliber will run faster times

just like the neons they had dudes hittin 9's... how many cobalts that werent TOTALLY rebuilt hit 9's

the cobalt was built for twisties not straight aways.... the caliber was built for straight aways thats just how it is

when it comes to aftermarket and drag CALIBER > Cobalt

when it comes to twisties COBALT > Caliber
Old 10-09-2008, 06:29 PM

man i think your the one who's sensitive about your car cause you won't drop this........when it comes down to it, in 2 years time when all the kits and upgrades and tuning and bullshit is done and out on the market, the ss/tc and CSRT4 will be puttin down damn near the same WHP and Torque and 1/4mile runs............only time will tell and so far the caliber has been out longer than the ss/tc so of course they are faster on the 1/4 ATM.........just leave it at this, we all hate the looks of your CSRT4 and none of us believe it will be greater powered in the end with all the bolt on's and kits and tuning ect ect ect........they are both 4cylinder engines and will put out near the same in the end............seriously just drop it dood.
Hey there, ur the one throwing insults and saying u want to fight me.

I wouldnt say everyone hates the looks. Actually, every auto event Ive been to this summer, people have been swarming around the car to check it out and say its sweet. this includes fellow cobalt owners.

Regardless of looks, I can guarantee u the CSRT4 will make more power than the SS/TC because it has a stage 3 NSRT4 turbo in it stock. Also couple this with a larger displacement engine 2.4l vs 2.0l.

Now, one advantage the SS/TC has is weight ( it weighs about 100-150 lbs less ), so it doesnt need as much power to make it faster. Like i said though, it still shouldnt make as much power with out needing a turbo swap first.

Originally Posted by PimpLay2
i am all for the t/c

but when it comes down to facts.... the cobalt is not a car that can take many mods... the caliber definately wins that battle.... it comes with like a stage 2 turbo....

yes the cobalt might be able to have the same WHP and Torque but the Caliber will run faster times

just like the neons they had dudes hittin 9's... how many cobalts that werent TOTALLY rebuilt hit 9's

the cobalt was built for twisties not straight aways.... the caliber was built for straight aways thats just how it is

when it comes to aftermarket and drag CALIBER > Cobalt

when it comes to twisties COBALT > Caliber
stage 3

Also, Im all for the SS/TC as well. I used to love my SS/SC, and I know the SS/TC is a better car than the SS/SC. I just really had bad experiences with GM between dealerships, and stupid stuff breaking on my SS/SC. Thats why I went ford, then dodge.

Last edited by 1BADSS/SC; 10-09-2008 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-09-2008, 06:36 PM

I wouldnt say everyone hates the looks. Actually, every auto event Ive been to this summer, people have been swarming around the car to check it out and say its sweet. this includes fellow cobalt owners.

Regardless of looks, I can guarantee u the CSRT4 will make more power than the SS/TC because it has a stage 3 NSRT4 turbo in it stock. Also couple this with a larger displacement engine 2.4l vs 2.0l.

Now, one advantage the SS/TC has is weight ( it weighs about 100-150 lbs less ), so it doesnt need as much power to make it faster. Like i said though, it still shouldnt make as much power with out needing a turbo swap first.

stage 3

Also, Im all for the SS/TC as well. I used to love my SS/SC, and I know the SS/TC is a better car than the SS/SC. I just really had bad experiences with GM between dealerships, and stupid stuff breaking on my SS/SC. Thats why I went ford, then dodge.
So you went from an ss/sc to a mustang to a caliber?? and the ss/sc and mustang gave you issues?? like warrenty ect stuff?

PS, u said u were gunna put your foot in my mouth lol, u started it
Old 10-09-2008, 06:57 PM

So you went from an ss/sc to a mustang to a caliber?? and the ss/sc and mustang gave you issues?? like warrenty ect stuff?

PS, u said u were gunna put your foot in my mouth lol, u started it
Yea, I will list the **** that pissed me off about the SS/SC that I had problems with:

- door handle chrome peeled off
- door trim paint chipped on both sides
- wheels occasionally made this awful squealing noise in the morning when I first moved the car for the day
- the engine cutoff from the security would turn on sometimes and wouldnt let me start it up
- the MAF sensor took a sh*t, and not one dealer could figure out that this was the problem. Eventually, I had to drive out to east bumblefuck where a reputable dealer with a GM performance shop looked at it. They were the only ones that listened to me. They replaced it and PRESTO! it was fixed.
- Also, occasionally it would bog, idle, then choke out on start. Had this happen a bunch of times.
- The moon roof was noisy as hell
- the interior pieces were really chincy, and cheap looking.
- the paint on the shifter knob chipped off

Yea, my baby had a lot of problems. Then I got an 01 Cobra SVT vert. It was a great car, but it got AWFUL gas milage. It was also totalled by some ass who rear ended me.

So after looking around, I decided I wanted something with lots of cool creature comforts, great performance, and awsome versatility. Ive had my eyes on the CSRT4 for about a year now, and I decided what the hell. Its new, not many are around, and its in a cool color, sunburst orange.

I got it, then after doing tons of research I realized its one of the best cars for me. Easy to mod, easy to make power, and an ideal DD for all weather. Im totally happy about my buy.

U got pics of ur TC? Ive never seen a white one before.

Last edited by 1BADSS/SC; 10-09-2008 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-09-2008, 08:55 PM

I got to drive a 2008 Mazda Speed3 and theres no way you can count this car out against the TC. It puts me in the seat better than my TC. It seems to accelerate better but thats the only thing better over the cobalt. No boost gage, drivetrain isn't as solid, just doesn't drive as well. The interior is pretty much a tie with the cobalt. But everything from the pedals to the steering wheel to the suspension and to the brakes was better in the cobalt. Now as for racing, I would say that if my friend (the Speed3 owner) and I raced, that I might not be too confident in winning. Definately don't overlook their potential
Old 10-09-2008, 09:05 PM

stage 3

im sorry buy You are misinformed dude...................

here it is i asked this question at the caliber srt4 forums and guess what?????????

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/...ead.php?t=8878
Old 10-09-2008, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by evilgoat
im sorry buy You are misinformed dude...................

here it is i asked this question at the caliber srt4 forums and guess what?????????

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/...ead.php?t=8878

Funny, Ive had CSRT4 owners tell me otherwise too. Seems to me a vendor needs to clarify this, which they havent....
Old 10-10-2008, 01:57 AM

Yea, I will list the **** that pissed me off about the SS/SC that I had problems with:

- door handle chrome peeled off
- door trim paint chipped on both sides
- wheels occasionally made this awful squealing noise in the morning when I first moved the car for the day
- the engine cutoff from the security would turn on sometimes and wouldnt let me start it up
- the MAF sensor took a sh*t, and not one dealer could figure out that this was the problem. Eventually, I had to drive out to east bumblefuck where a reputable dealer with a GM performance shop looked at it. They were the only ones that listened to me. They replaced it and PRESTO! it was fixed.
- Also, occasionally it would bog, idle, then choke out on start. Had this happen a bunch of times.
- The moon roof was noisy as hell
- the interior pieces were really chincy, and cheap looking.
- the paint on the shifter knob chipped off

Yea, my baby had a lot of problems. Then I got an 01 Cobra SVT vert. It was a great car, but it got AWFUL gas milage. It was also totalled by some ass who rear ended me.

So after looking around, I decided I wanted something with lots of cool creature comforts, great performance, and awsome versatility. Ive had my eyes on the CSRT4 for about a year now, and I decided what the hell. Its new, not many are around, and its in a cool color, sunburst orange.

I got it, then after doing tons of research I realized its one of the best cars for me. Easy to mod, easy to make power, and an ideal DD for all weather. Im totally happy about my buy.

U got pics of ur TC? Ive never seen a white one before.
Ya man lol haven't seen my thread?? https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/08-10-ss-turbocharged-general-discussion-152/1whitesstc-136011/
She's a beauty, love it to death, interior isn't "classy" but lol neither am i. I love the seats and interior color (grey/black), I still have yet to take any new pics since i took it home from the dealership, lol i'll take a few tonight but I wanna wait till it's nice and sunny on a weekend so i can go take lots of pics. I've heard my fair share of horror stories from the ss/sc, i just hope GM has fixed all this crap so my ss/tc doesn't have problems.

Dood that sucks about the Cobra, they are beasts!!!! I will admit, i looked into the CSRT4 myself before and didn't mind the interior, chillzone, ect ect but i couldn't get past the looks, plus lol, i wanted a wing so i could FLYYYYYYYYY

Here's a good question i always wondered about, how did those reverse steering wheel buttons work out for ya?? the trigger volume control and such
Old 10-10-2008, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by PimpLay2
regardless

stock for stock

a ss/tc and csrt4 OWN a speed3 or w.e the name is

drag radials + clutch too dont forget
i cant really argue with this....MS3 is a COMPLETE turd in stock form....
Old 10-10-2008, 09:33 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Here is that turbo 2.0 mazda 3 w/ 502whp

1fast3: 11.794 @ 129.68mph
- 2.0L Hatch MTX
- Type: FI / HiBoost
- Timeslip: http://img1.putfile.com/main/2/5722285875.jpg
- Video:
- Thread: http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=70463.0
- Sponsors:
- Modifications: 2.0 Liter MTX 2006 Mazda3 Hatchback, Mileage when boosted: 5 Kms, Now 8,000 KMS; Power: 502 WHP SAE at 27 psi; Turbo Kit: BIG BOOST HiBoost kit; ADDS: Garrett GT35R turbo with .63 A/R for the street and 0.82 A/R for race; Carillo rods; 2.3 liter stock piston; Cosworth Bearings; Crower Cams; ACT 6 puck clutch; Quaife LSD with ARP bolt kit; Modified Intake system (to avoid CEL when over 14 psi); 3 Inch exhaust made by Juan; Tial Wastegate with boost controller; 3 Bar MAP sensor with 60 lb injectors; Weld Racing wheels (front and rear) M&H racing slicks and rear skinnies

meh the 1/4's ive seen have the ms3 and tc cobalt at about the same...depends on where you look.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Darksun
i cant really argue with this....MS3 is a COMPLETE turd in stock form....
yea thats what i meant... but yea in the aftermarket world the Speed3 might be a faster car in a straight line then the ss/tc... i have nothing against the Speed3 actually i love the way the look and actually stick up for them when people say they are uggly and what not... but stock the thing wasnt as fast as I thought... Could have been the Driver Mod but I was dissapointed at it...

But obviously the ppl who are in this debate are NOT stock or atleast not planning on to stay stock.... so our only option is for the ss/tc the speed3 and the caliber to RACE modded and find out lol
Old 10-10-2008, 12:21 PM

Ya man lol haven't seen my thread?? https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=136011
She's a beauty, love it to death, interior isn't "classy" but lol neither am i. I love the seats and interior color (grey/black), I still have yet to take any new pics since i took it home from the dealership, lol i'll take a few tonight but I wanna wait till it's nice and sunny on a weekend so i can go take lots of pics. I've heard my fair share of horror stories from the ss/sc, i just hope GM has fixed all this crap so my ss/tc doesn't have problems.

Dood that sucks about the Cobra, they are beasts!!!! I will admit, i looked into the CSRT4 myself before and didn't mind the interior, chillzone, ect ect but i couldn't get past the looks, plus lol, i wanted a wing so i could FLYYYYYYYYY

Here's a good question i always wondered about, how did those reverse steering wheel buttons work out for ya?? the trigger volume control and such
Dude, thats a VERY NICE looking car. You should SERIOUSLY paint the insides of the headlights black, and get some black caps for the tail lights. That would be PERFECT. Lights would look kind of like this:

theyre awsome. Cleans up the interior that much more ( with less buttons ), and makes it super easy to change stations, input, etc.

Originally Posted by northvibe
Here is that turbo 2.0 mazda 3 w/ 502whp

1fast3: 11.794 @ 129.68mph
- 2.0L Hatch MTX
- Type: FI / HiBoost
- Timeslip: http://img1.putfile.com/main/2/5722285875.jpg
- Video:
- Thread: http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=70463.0
- Sponsors:
- Modifications: 2.0 Liter MTX 2006 Mazda3 Hatchback, Mileage when boosted: 5 Kms, Now 8,000 KMS; Power: 502 WHP SAE at 27 psi; Turbo Kit: BIG BOOST HiBoost kit; ADDS: Garrett GT35R turbo with .63 A/R for the street and 0.82 A/R for race; Carillo rods; 2.3 liter stock piston; Cosworth Bearings; Crower Cams; ACT 6 puck clutch; Quaife LSD with ARP bolt kit; Modified Intake system (to avoid CEL when over 14 psi); 3 Inch exhaust made by Juan; Tial Wastegate with boost controller; 3 Bar MAP sensor with 60 lb injectors; Weld Racing wheels (front and rear) M&H racing slicks and rear skinnies

meh the 1/4's ive seen have the ms3 and tc cobalt at about the same...depends on where you look.
thats pretty insane on that turboed 2.0l. 250 HP / liter lolz

Last edited by 1BADSS/SC; 10-10-2008 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-10-2008, 03:18 PM

Dude, thats a VERY NICE looking car. You should SERIOUSLY paint the insides of the headlights black, and get some black caps for the tail lights. That would be PERFECT. Lights would look kind of like this:

theyre awsome. Cleans up the interior that much more ( with less buttons ), and makes it super easy to change stations, input, etc.

thats pretty insane on that turboed 2.0l. 250 HP / liter lolz
I have a friend local who has a black SS 2.4L with the same black painted headlights, i like em forsure but lol he went thru alot of bullshit tryin to get it done
Old 10-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Banned

Guys, we're argueing about 14 second cars here...

Quick Reply: raced a 08 speed3 tonight