War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Raced An Evo!passed The Cops

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 04:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Raven SS
whats the speed limit on that street? saying its not safe to do 110 on it cuz everyone else does 150 is like me saying here in san diego its not safe to drive doing the speed limit because everyone speeds...speeding is speeding...and ur going to die when ur going to die..by bashing every thread that has anything to do with racing isnt going to help because(it looks like) its getting to the point to where most people dont want to listen to u no more. street racing is what people do. everyones seen the videos of cars racing and people dieing and what can happen to this and that and it may scare them a little...but the next time a worthy car pulls up next to them there gonna race..its the reason for buying the car and modding it..most people that own these cars dont have the money to build it to be a nice track car..nor do they care to only race on the track. its the way it is...its just sad to see a very respectable knowledgeable person lose that because he kills every race thread out there...alot of the younger guys are not going to listen to ur informational threads if this is the first time they see u post and u post against things that made them get the car

doing 140km/h when everyone on the freeway is doing 140km/h is the same as doing 250km/h on a road whever everyone does 120?
sorry. no.

and i could care less if people want to read my information or not. I put it out there for people who want it. if people get their panties in a twist because i tell them street racing is stupid.....they can blow my nuts.

I put information back into this site, because i appreciate all the information I myself got from it when i came here.

and if its that bad, that the "street racers" of cobaltss.net dont want to hear my comments on it.....Im quite happy to take myself elsewhere.

I will NOT compromise my beliefs, or shut my mouth because the "street racers" of cobaltss.net dont like what I say.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by an0malous
doing 140km/h when everyone on the freeway is doing 140km/h is the same as doing 250km/h on a road whever everyone does 120?
sorry. no.

and i could care less if people want to read my information or not. I put it out there for people who want it. if people get their panties in a twist because i tell them street racing is stupid.....they can blow my nuts.

I put information back into this site, because i appreciate all the information I myself got from it when i came here.

and if its that bad, that the "street racers" of cobaltss.net dont want to hear my comments on it.....Im quite happy to take myself elsewhere.

I will NOT compromise my beliefs, or shut my mouth because the "street racers" of cobaltss.net dont like what I say.
i wasnt taking shots at u..we've talked a million times..u know that..but just as much as u will not compromise ur beliefs or shut ur mouth neither will the "street racers" all im saying is whats the point of fighting every single thread where people talk about speeding or racing..its not going to make a difference the same way trying to get street racing not allowed on this site didnt work..its apart of the community and everyone likes the read a good race for the most part..im just not understanding why u feel that YOU need to battle this street racing thing...
Old 02-09-2008, 04:11 PM

i think ppl are just sick of u bein an ******* about it
Old 02-09-2008, 04:15 PM

raven you know me well enough to know that if i argue with someone, and they are respectful with me personally, but just disagree with me, ill never hold it personally.
wont change anything bro, were cool.

I know most of them wont change. but IMO it does make a difference.
It did with me personally, it has with quite a few others. I can dig up the PMs if you like.

I feel the need to battle it, because thats who I am

remember, this site doesnt condone street racing...
if people want to talk street racing, and avoid people like myself, they should try streetfire.net

its like i brought up in another thread, if society just accepts poor behaviour because they feel they cant make a difference, it continues to make society worse.
someone has to stand up and remind people to give their head a shake.

Originally Posted by blk ss/sc 1
i think ppl are just sick of u bein an ******* about it
I dont really care.
because the "people" your talking about, are ******** in the first place for doing what their doing.

Last edited by an0malous; 02-09-2008 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-09-2008, 04:18 PM

you know me well enough to know that if i argue with someone, and they are respectful with me personally, but just disagree with me, ill never hold it personally.
wont change anything bro.

I know most of them wont change. but IMO it does make a difference.
It did with me personally, it has with quite a few others. I can dig up the PMs if you like.

I feel the need to battle it, because thats who I am

remember, this site doesnt condone street racing...
if people want to talk street racing, and avoid people like myself, they should try streetfire.net

its like i brought up in another thread, if society just accepts poor behaviour because they feel they cant make a difference, it continues to make society worse.
someone has to stand up and remind people to give their head a shake.

I dont really care.
because the "people" your talking about, are ******** in the first place for doing what their doing.

maybe gm should put speed limiters on the cars that way it cant go over 75mph lol..

i just feel u put out good information for new users of the cobalt and it seems to be over looked by ur strong feelings of street racing..and css.net doesnt support street racing because they dont want to be liable for deaths or fucked up cars...not because they dont like it lol
Old 02-09-2008, 04:20 PM

maybe gm should put speed limiters on the cars that way it cant go over 75mph lol..

i just feel u put out good information for new users of the cobalt and it seems to be over looked by ur strong feelings of street racing..and css.net doesnt support street racing because they dont want to be liable for deaths or fucked up cars...not because they dont like it lol
then we couldnt have fun at the track.....where it belongs..

and thats possible, though i doubt it, ive seen quite a few of the staff of this site comment negatively towards street racing.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Super_SS
i have outran a camaro state police with my cobalt **** load of times...was racing an gto and flew by him around 130mph,and i saw a red laser really fast,and i knew it was him,and my little bro told me dude u flew by a cop,and he kept tellin me keep goin,hahahaha,by the time he reached 80mph i was like 5 exits away and exited the highway and takin a normal street...u just gotta be slick,thats all..

just think...ur goin 140mph he is at 0mph...by the time he reaches 100mph about 10 seconds or so,how much ground can u cover while goin 140+?
And you raced with you little brother in the car. You not only risked your life, you did so to your brother. Your setting a real good example for him. Heres what you need to do. NOT RACE ON THE STREET. Thats what race tracks are for. And they have safety equipment if something does go wrong. Also, there are no innocent people or potholes that could cause you to crash. And what are you gona do when you get killed or kill someone else by your recklessness? (notice I wrote when, not if)

PS Thanks for driving the cost of our insurance up!
Old 02-09-2008, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by YSUsteven
And you raced with you little brother in the car. You not only risked your life, you did so to your brother. Your setting a real good example for him. Heres what you need to do. NOT RACE ON THE STREET. Thats what race tracks are for. And they have safety equipment if something does go wrong. Also, there are no innocent people or potholes that could cause you to crash. And what are you gona do when you get killed or kill someone else by your recklessness? (notice I wrote when, not if)

uh oh. its another fellow *******
Old 02-09-2008, 04:43 PM

I dont really care.
AGREED, tell them how it is.

uh oh. its another fellow *******
Dude, I think he is an idoit for doing what he did. Street racing is a good way to get killed or kill someone else.

Last edited by YSUsteven; 02-09-2008 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-09-2008, 04:45 PM

yeah. sadly telling people they shouldnt be risking peoples lives with stupid, selfish, highly illegal behaviour is becoming a taboo on this site.

Im hoping it doesnt continue down that trend, because i wont be sticking around a site whos members all condone street racing.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:46 PM

I dont discriminate
all idiots get the same treatment.

its only fair no?
Sound fair to me.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:19 PM

look at u guys.. the kid was sharin a ****** story.. he wasnt askin for anyones cricizing opinion.. im sick of readin all these stupid ass posts.. everyone knows u can get killed doing it or kill someone else but on an open highway at 230 in morning by himself? come on.. dont get me wrong i do agree with some of you guys but i'm tired of the smart ass remarks everyone makes towards it look.. no matter what u guys say u know have speeded in your car before so please stop acting like little angels because your not goin to change anyones mind..
Old 02-09-2008, 05:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm pretty sure this was in fast and furious.

hahahaha

"Cop cars are only factory tuned, if you can top xxxmph they don't even try"
Old 02-09-2008, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Onyxd04Redline
Wow 140 on the street. You are truly a moron
thanks bro for the tip

Originally Posted by TheDriver!
You er's that gave me for my 200kph post recently don't even razz this kid for street racing and ***** and yes bragging You know who you smart asses are now

Who's stupid now?

Man I'm polite for not going over the deep end for this stunt obviosly a kid has taken part in!
well im not a kid, but i wanted to see how bad was the evoi dont do this to often but i had to

Last edited by creepySS; 02-09-2008 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-09-2008, 06:39 PM

ok well just to let you know a cop cant exceede over 100 mph neways by law so really your in the clear... but good job on beatting the evo .. not really smart to run your car at 140 though,,, that calls for a blown piston... but congrats
Old 02-09-2008, 06:53 PM

sorry. no.

dont whine any more man im 28 but when i was racing the guy i did not realize we where going that fast until i look the speedo next time ill keep it to my self

they would do it any way because of the frauds

Dude, I think he is an idoit for doing what he did. Street racing is a good way to get killed or kill someone else.[/QUOTE]

first idiot is u learn how to type IDIOT !!

Originally Posted by blk ss/sc 1
look at u guys.. the kid was sharin a ****** story.. he wasnt askin for anyones cricizing opinion.. im sick of readin all these stupid ass posts.. everyone knows u can get killed doing it or kill someone else but on an open highway at 230 in morning by himself? come on.. dont get me wrong i do agree with some of you guys but i'm tired of the smart ass remarks everyone makes towards it look.. no matter what u guys say u know have speeded in your car before so please stop acting like little angels because your not goin to change anyones mind..
x2 AGREE

Last edited by creepySS; 02-09-2008 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-09-2008, 06:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
wasn't there actually a bill at somepoint to require car makers to do just that?

IIRC, that's why for a long time, no car's speedo went over 85
Old 02-09-2008, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by creepySS
dont whine any more man im 28 but when i was racing the guy i did not realize we where going that fast until i look the speedo next time ill keep it to my self

they would do it any way because of the frauds

Dude, I think he is an idoit for doing what he did. Street racing is a good way to get killed or kill someone else.[/QUOTE ]

first idiot is u learn how to type IDIOT !!

x2 AGREE
Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

Yea, I mispelled "Idiot". But you need to learn how to quote someone because you did it incorrectly in the middle of your post. You also include no punctuation, and don't capitalize anything. I think that it is "you" that needs to learn how to type.

I would have no problem if you ran the EVO or GTO or whatever on an empty road by yourself. But you should not race if there is traffic, and definatly not if someone else is in your car. If you wreck and they die, you will be charged with involuntary vehicular manslaughter, not to mention having to live with the fact that you killed your passenger. Please just think about that.

Are we going to start the "I know you are but what am I" now?
Old 02-09-2008, 07:35 PM

Yea, I mispelled "Idiot". But you need to learn how to quote someone because you did it incorrectly in the middle of your post. You also include no punctuation, and don't capitalize anything. I think that it is "you" that needs to learn how to type.

I would have no problem if you ran the EVO or GTO or whatever on an empty road by yourself. But you should not race if there is traffic, and definatly not if someone else is in your car. If you wreck and they die, you will be charged with involuntary vehicular manslaughter, not to mention having to live with the fact that you killed your passenger. Please just think about that.

I know you are, but what am i!?
Old 02-09-2008, 08:00 PM

:

i was alone in my car and the traffic was a truck on the ramp so please stop the whining
or i should get you some "I know you are but what am I"
Old 02-09-2008, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Super_SS
hahaha,just gotta use comin sense..unless there is another cop car upfront like 2 miles down the highway or something and he can tell them "color" car flew by me,and how many "color" cars are on the highway at that time,plus leave highway and take diffrent route...if they stop u at diffrent route they cant prove u were on the other highway
You say that for the common colors....how many times do you see a yellow car on the highway? Not so many..hah

My 2 cents...If i speed...i make sure that the place i am speeding is minimum traffic to none.

I dont like to speed just because i dont wanna kill anyone else or my self. Could anyone of us live with killing someone from doing something that really has no gains?
Imagine if there was SOMETHING/ANYTHING in the road when you decide to go 100...your fucked.
Now i dont go telling people not to speed, but its common sense i think. People make there own decisions, but when they have to face consequences there all bitchy.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:13 PM

sounds like someone who drives a slow car.. lol oh yeah.. u have the 2.2

see its different when ur car is faster.. it only takes a few seconds to go from 70-120+ your car however takes about 30 seconds lol

Originally Posted by Preston
I dont like to speed just because i dont wanna kill anyone else or my self. Could anyone of us live with killing someone from doing something that really has no gains?
Imagine if there was SOMETHING/ANYTHING in the road when you decide to go 100...your fucked.
Now i dont go telling people not to speed, but its common sense i think. People make there own decisions, but when they have to face consequences there all bitchy.
lol... again you support my theory

Last edited by fbaero10; 02-09-2008 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-09-2008, 09:14 PM

way to go creepy lol look what u started....
Old 02-09-2008, 09:17 PM

one time i was racing a buddy and i hit like 80 in a 50 (obvious we were racing, i was at WOT with the s/c whining at the top of third and his fart can was making an uncontrolable noise) and we flew right past a cop sitting on the side of the road (it was night, no street lights so we didnt see the cop until our headlights hit his reflectors). We both sat there shaking our heads thinking 'we're fucked'... cop didnt even pull out lol. im guessing he was jacking off or some thing. but i pull into a gas station a few blocks down the street to wait it out for a few minutes, then about 30 seconds after i enter the gas station i see the cop haul ass past it and turn the other direction haha. What an adrenaline rush that was.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by CobaltVenomSS
way to go creepy lol look what u started....
thanks kyle!

Originally Posted by Beck
one time i was racing a buddy and i hit like 80 in a 50 (obvious we were racing, i was at WOT with the s/c whining at the top of third and his fart can was making an uncontrolable noise) and we flew right past a cop sitting on the side of the road (it was night, no street lights so we didnt see the cop until our headlights hit his reflectors). We both sat there shaking our heads thinking 'we're fucked'... cop didnt even pull out lol. im guessing he was jacking off or some thing. but i pull into a gas station a few blocks down the street to wait it out for a few minutes, then about 30 seconds after i enter the gas station i see the cop haul ass past it and turn the other direction haha. What an adrenaline rush that was.
thats is what i like to hear

Last edited by creepySS; 02-09-2008 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: Raced An Evo!passed The Cops