War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

raced a mazdaspeed 3

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
raced a mazdaspeed 3

well i race one today, and i am not really impressed they look really nice, but i whooped him and he only beat my buddy in his 06 SI by a car but still nice looking cars.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by poppagun
well i race one today, and i am not really impressed they look really nice, but i whooped him and he only beat my buddy in his 06 SI by a car but still nice looking cars.
your joking right? look at your mod list you have the nerve to look down on a stock car? People on here crack me up. I cant wait to hear the tears hit the keyboards of people crying when that cars flashes come out and they throw a turbo back exhaust on the damn thing. Flashs are suposed to get them into the 275+ WHP range cause they run like 10.1 A/f's stock. do some research guy may be whooping your ass in a little.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Darksun
your joking right? look at your mod list you have the nerve to look down on a stock car? People on here crack me up. I cant wait to hear the tears hit the keyboards of people crying when that cars flashes come out and they throw a turbo back exhaust on the damn thing. Flashs are suposed to get them into the 275+ WHP range cause they run like 10.1 A/f's stock. do some research guy may be whooping your ass in a little.
dude get the sand outta your vagina. dude posts a kill and you have to flame right away. maybe you should think about all the magazines talking about how this was one of the best sport compacts ever and hailing it as the new street beast for under 25K. granted it is stock, but if what the poster said is true the damn thing barely outruns an Si.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on your kill. These things are rated at 265 whp or whatever, I forget. With your mods you should be too far behind him. Im surprised a Si did so well againt one. Was the Si stock as well? I saw one a few weeks ago and wanted to have a friendly race with one just to see how we would do stock for stock but oh well. Congrats again
Old 01-03-2007, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by HickOverLOrd
Congrats on your kill. These things are rated at 265 whp or whatever, I forget. With your mods you should be too far behind him. Im surprised a Si did so well againt one. Was the Si stock as well? I saw one a few weeks ago and wanted to have a friendly race with one just to see how we would do stock for stock but oh well. Congrats again
265 crank most likely, and dont forget... ITS A TURBO, its going to lag and that is only PEAK power. thats the reason you dont race dynos. they are also a little heavier than the ss.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
265 crank most likely, and dont forget... ITS A TURBO, its going to lag and that is only PEAK power. thats the reason you dont race dynos. they are also a little heavier than the ss.
True. I guess its a good car but not that good.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:46 AM

True. I guess its a good car but not that good.
oh dont get me wrong, i think its a great car with a ton of potential and will leave alot of cars behind, especially in the twisties
Old 01-03-2007, 01:50 AM

MSP3 = new SRT-4 but only faster IMO...

you may have been the victim of a shitty driver or two owners of some nicely modified cars
Old 01-03-2007, 01:51 AM

Car has tons of potential. I can see it making big hp in a year. Its just a 5.9 0-60 is disappointing to me at least for a car thats supposed to be so great. It still remains a good car though. Under 6 secs is very good for any oridinary car.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by IonNinja
MSP3 = new SRT-4 but only faster IMO...

barely outruns an STI? isn't the MSP3 FWD?
Si man Si. the MS3 is NOT faster than a stock srt-4
Old 01-03-2007, 01:52 AM

edited my post, I misread...and how is it not?
Old 01-03-2007, 01:53 AM

Car has tons of potential. I can see it making big hp in a year. Its just a 5.9 0-60 is disappointing to me at least for a car thats supposed to be so great. It still remains a good car though. Under 6 secs is very good for any oridinary car.
car and driver ran a 5.9 0-60 in the ss

supposedly the ms3's are a pain in the ass to launch well too
Old 01-03-2007, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by IonNinja
edited my post, I misread...and how is it not?
just look at the times mags are putting down for each car. i dont base a whole lot on this, but until we have some real world evidence thats all ive got
Old 01-03-2007, 02:05 AM

Ive never heard of anything under 6 secs for our car. 5.9 is pretty damn good. I cant imagine how must torque steer the mazda has. I know it has some special torque steer eliminator thingy but still, it must be a bitch.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:08 AM

I heard these cars shouldnt take much to put them in the 400 hp range.... but thats from the dealer and we all know u cant trust a dealer farther then u can throw em
Old 01-03-2007, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by sensesfail99
I heard these cars shouldnt take much to put them in the 400 hp range.... but thats from the dealer and we all know u cant trust a dealer farther then u can throw em
supposedly the turbos are pretty maxed out from the factory
Old 01-03-2007, 02:14 AM

some dealerships are dumbasses but most cars with turbos and make some serous ponies. BTW senses fail was great in concert. Saw them with Saosin. But yeah Turbos make crazy horsepower.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:46 AM

good kill!

yeah dealerships are stupid, my buddy went to go check out the new srt4 and the salesman was tring to tells us they have twin turbo and optional awd.... i was tring to tell him they dont have twin turbo or awd on the srt4, they do have optional awd on the other models though and he was arguing, then i ask him if he wanted to bet on the car, if i am right, he gives me the new srt 4 for free, if not i will buy him the car, he said well im not a 100% sure but hang on ill ask one of the other guys if they know....he never wanted to bet, he came back and said, well i guess your right, sorry....then my friend said well thanks for your help, he said you dont want the car?? my friend said nah, i am going to go check out a diff dodge dealership....haha....we never like the car anyways, WAY too ugly!!!
Old 01-03-2007, 04:21 AM
Banned

supposedly the turbos are pretty maxed out from the factory
Stock a few have already broke into the 13s. And with TBE some are picking up 55+whp.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:21 AM

the si had catback and intake. and i really like the car but and i know those have alot of potentel .
Old 01-03-2007, 09:20 AM

dude get the sand outta your vagina. dude posts a kill and you have to flame right away. maybe you should think about all the magazines talking about how this was one of the best sport compacts ever and hailing it as the new street beast for under 25K. granted it is stock, but if what the poster said is true the damn thing barely outruns an Si.
Ha i'm not even gonna start in on you. I flamed cause his mods list compared to a stock MSP3 would be like him vs a stock cobalt ss/sc that is no way fair . Than he says the si that was beat by a car and it ONLY had a intake and cat back. You know how that k20 motor responds to mods so really the MSP3 was fighting an up hill battle. He's living in a bubble cause he has his mods and forgot how slow he used to be. tell him to find a stock cobalt with Nothing on it and put it against his friends MSP3 and see how it does from a 35 roll. I swear peoploe i here are living in some kinda bubble. Cobalt aint that much slower than a stock srt-4 MSP3 is equal to a cobalt. People do roll races and forget that the cobalt does that better than the other two cars cause of gearing, and the way are power band is, so we can have 10 less WHP and a ton less TQ and still fair fine against other cars in a roll race. but put us from a dig and people are confused how stock srt-4's and MSP3 can hit 13's stock and we can't .
Old 01-03-2007, 09:36 AM

I don't get the "stock versus stock" argument. Sure, the car is capable of great things, so are the other mentioned cars. I'm positive his mod list still puts him under the amoun the guy payed for the MS3, unless he got a real bad deal on his Cobalt. That's what matters in my book.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by shabodah
I don't get the "stock versus stock" argument. Sure, the car is capable of great things, so are the other mentioned cars. I'm positive his mod list still puts him under the amoun the guy payed for the MS3, unless he got a real bad deal on his Cobalt. That's what matters in my book.
if your talking to me im saying if it was a stock cobalt vs him with his mods list it would be the same results. What do you want a stock MSP3 to do against a cobalt with his amount of work? Was he exspecting another outcome or somthing?
Old 01-03-2007, 09:48 AM

if your talking to me im saying if it was a stock cobalt vs him with his mods list it would be the same results. What do you want a stock MSP3 to do against a cobalt with his amount of work? Was he exspecting another outcome or somthing?
I wasn't talking to anyone it particular, just saying that I think it IS fair to compair a 21k car with 3k or so in mods to a 24k car. They are on even ground money wise, lol. I don't know what he was expecting. I think it'd be silly to "upgrade" from one car in our class to the next. Considering how cars depreciate, it's not worth spending that kind of money for such small gains. A MS3 would be a great car for someone who doesn't already has a similiar car.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:51 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Lets not get in this stock versus stock battle again. Look at these other threads. A win is a win, a loss is a loss. Stock vs. modded = fair; modded vs. modded = fair; stock vs. stock = fair. Lets all stop making excuses.

Besides evidentally you're hyped up on the MS3. There is a video where an SRT-4 (stock), cobalt ss/sc (stock), and a MS3 (stock) all race. Now the MS3 evidentally has around 268 hp, but a lot of people are calling BS on mazda for it. The cobalt ss/sc in that video kept up with the SRT-4 a lot better than the MS3 did. The MS3 lost HORRIBLY to the SRT-4, when it is suppsoed to have 30+ more HP. So the MS3 may not be as strong as people are making it out to be.

Again, bottom line, the guy posts a kill and says he thought the MS3 would keep up a little better than it did. Nothing at all wrong with that.

Quick Reply: raced a mazdaspeed 3