War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

raced a mazdaspeed 3

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shabodah
I wasn't talking to anyone it particular, just saying that I think it IS fair to compair a 21k car with 3k or so in mods to a 24k car. They are on even ground money wise, lol. I don't know what he was expecting. I think it'd be silly to "upgrade" from one car in our class to the next. Considering how cars depreciate, it's not worth spending that kind of money for such small gains. A MS3 would be a great car for someone who doesn't already has a similiar car.
I disagree just cause a car is 3 grand more money wise doent mean its 3 grand faster than another car. Theres a lot of loop holes all through that statment you made which im sure you can figure out if you thinka bout it.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
Lets not get in this stock versus stock battle again. Look at these other threads. A win is a win, a loss is a loss. Stock vs. modded = fair; modded vs. modded = fair; stock vs. stock = fair. Lets all stop making excuses.

Besides evidentally you're hyped up on the MS3. There is a video where an SRT-4 (stock), cobalt ss/sc (stock), and a MS3 (stock) all race. Now the MS3 evidentally has around 268 hp, but a lot of people are calling BS on mazda for it. The cobalt ss/sc in that video kept up with the SRT-4 a lot better than the MS3 did. The MS3 lost HORRIBLY to the SRT-4, when it is suppsoed to have 30+ more HP. So the MS3 may not be as strong as people are making it out to be.

Again, bottom line, the guy posts a kill and says he thought the MS3 would keep up a little better than it did. Nothing at all wrong with that.
i'm not arguing the race if you read i never said the win wasn't genuine but its the thought behind the win. Do any of us really exspect the MSP3 to win that one? This guy woulda been flamed if the thread was the same **** but him vs a stock cobalt cause it doesnt make sense. Just cause you get a win doesnt make it fair.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:01 AM
Banned

lol 275 whp... your funny, they are slower then an ss stock to stock thanks to weight and lag. That car was over rated as it is, ive seen dyno sheets show 206 and 204 whp on that car with 235 ish torque, there is NO ******* WAY IN HELL that car will be 275 at the wheels with a flash and turbo back hahahahaha....get a life.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by mattyfinch
lol 275 whp... your funny, they are slower then an ss stock to stock thanks to weight and lag. That car was over rated as it is, ive seen dyno sheets show 206 and 204 whp on that car with 235 ish torque, there is NO ******* WAY IN HELL that car will be 275 at the wheels with a flash and turbo back hahahahaha....get a life.
your right little nooblet things like flashs and TBE don't work on turbo cars there lag is just to great. Thats why evo's & sti's are slow also. your right i'll go get a life now. Thank you so much really thank you. Thank you for showing me the truth thank you. if you didnt sign on i woulda kept on believing a lie. thank god you signed on and posted something when you did thank you mattyfinch thank you
Old 01-03-2007, 10:11 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HickOverLOrd
Ive never heard of anything under 6 secs for our car. 5.9 is pretty damn good. I cant imagine how must torque steer the mazda has. I know it has some special torque steer eliminator thingy but still, it must be a bitch.
They have torque steer WAY WORSE then any cobalt has stock.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:12 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Darksun
i'm not arguing the race if you read i never said the win wasn't genuine but its the thought behind the win. Do any of us really exspect the MSP3 to win that one? This guy woulda been flamed if the thread was the same **** but him vs a stock cobalt cause it doesnt make sense. Just cause you get a win doesnt make it fair.
I'll use a quote that another member made yesterday:

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
whoever said "when you start swapping INTEGRA motors into hondas blah blah blah" if im not mistaken....the motors available in the integras were also available in hondas... modded vs modded = fair. modded vs stock = fair...you should know what you are getting into before you race and if you lose...the other car was faster or had a better driver, dont make excuses about mods not being fair because in all honesty...that guy probably spent half the money to build that car than you spent buying yours so run what you brung thats the only way to play fair.
I think its fair. The MS3 could have won especially with its turbo setup and its horsepower that it was rated at. The reason why we all mod is eitehr be faster or visual reasons. Its all fair. So I disagree that its unfair.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:27 AM

I'll use a quote that another member made yesterday:

I think its fair. The MS3 could have won especially with its turbo setup and its horsepower that it was rated at. The reason why we all mod is eitehr be faster or visual reasons. Its all fair. So I disagree that its unfair.
GM LIED! OUR RATING IS WHP and still underated at that Theres is crank horse power How is that fair!?!??!? PLUS you wanna be funny than look at the srt-4 will say it goes for a minimum of 1000 less than our cars brand new which we all know its more but what ever. So your saying there allowed 1 grand in mods in a race against a cobalt ss/sc to make it fair or else if they lose it doesn't count?
Old 01-03-2007, 10:36 AM

i think you missed his point. hes saying that if you have mods and the other doesnt or vise versa whatever the outcome was it was a fair race no one tried to deceive the other no one tried to cheat the other. if you lose to a more powerfull car you lose to a more powerful car. it doesnt matter if youve spent 3 grand more or not.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by black06ss
i think you missed his point. hes saying that if you have mods and the other doesnt or vise versa whatever the outcome was it was a fair race no one tried to deceive the other no one tried to cheat the other. if you lose to a more powerfull car you lose to a more powerful car. it doesnt matter if youve spent 3 grand more or not.
HE said

I think its fair. The MS3 could have won especially with its turbo setup and its horsepower that it was rated
Your right i must have missed his point cause right there he's saying the MSP3 is rated high enough from the factory to win AND has a turbo. SO acutally the cobalt was the one at the disadvantage. its a micricle he even pulled out the win against a car with such a high stock crank power rating. PLUS some one had the nerve to say the MSP3 is 24K so since cobalt ss/sc goes for 21K the cobalt should be allowed 3K in mods to make it even. I kept reading his paragraph over and over and i still keep seeing the same thing everytime so i dont think i miss understood it to much. wish they would clear things up.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:46 AM

wish they would clear things up.
I don't understand what you want to clear up. Don't care what cars are involved, if you give two guys each $24k to spend as they see fit on a car and mods, it's a fair race. Period. For $24k, neither a new MS3 nor a Cobalt is gonna be the car of many people choice for a race. Daily driver, sure. lol.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:48 AM

Nice Kill
Old 01-03-2007, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by shabodah
I don't understand what you want to clear up. Don't care what cars are involved, if you give two guys each $24k to spend as they see fit on a car and mods, it's a fair race. Period. For $24k, neither a new MS3 nor a Cobalt is gonna be the car of many people choice for a race. Daily driver, sure. lol.
see you cleard things up right there i was misunderstanding you before. I was thinking you ment something else. E-web is a funny place easy to mess thing up
Old 01-03-2007, 10:50 AM

HE said

Your right i must have missed his point cause right there he's saying the MSP3 is rated high enough from the factory to win AND has a turbo. SO acutally the cobalt was the one at the disadvantage. its a micricle he even pulled out the win against a car with such a high stock crank power rating. PLUS some one had the nerve to say the MSP3 is 24K so since cobalt ss/sc goes for 21K the cobalt should be allowed 3K in mods to make it even. I kept reading his paragraph over and over and i still keep seeing the same thing everytime so i dont think i miss understood it to much. wish they would clear things up.
Yeah you did miss my point. What black06ss said was my point. I was more complimenting the MS3's setup, and saying that its a powerful car on its own. I was saying how modded vs. stock and stock vs stock is all fair.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:53 AM

Yeah you did miss my point. What black06ss said was my point. I was more complimenting the MS3's setup, and saying that its a powerful car on its own. I was saying how modded vs. stock and stock vs stock is all fair.
its cool i put my sword a sheild away. i agree with part of your statment
Old 01-03-2007, 11:00 AM

its cool i put my sword a sheild away. i agree with part of your statment
No need. =)

Just a misunderstanding is all. A difference of opinion is what makes us, well, us.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by HickOverLOrd
some dealerships are dumbasses but most cars with turbos and make some serous ponies. BTW senses fail was great in concert. Saw them with Saosin. But yeah Turbos make crazy horsepower.
you lucky bastard. Throw in a lil underoath or some alexisonfire and thats the best concert ever.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:23 AM

that was a good kill man dont take the crap man
Old 01-04-2007, 12:46 PM
Banned

Lets not get in this stock versus stock battle again. Look at these other threads. A win is a win, a loss is a loss. Stock vs. modded = fair; modded vs. modded = fair; stock vs. stock = fair. Lets all stop making excuses.

Besides evidentally you're hyped up on the MS3. There is a video where an SRT-4 (stock), cobalt ss/sc (stock), and a MS3 (stock) all race. Now the MS3 evidentally has around 268 hp, but a lot of people are calling BS on mazda for it. The cobalt ss/sc in that video kept up with the SRT-4 a lot better than the MS3 did. The MS3 lost HORRIBLY to the SRT-4, when it is suppsoed to have 30+ more HP. So the MS3 may not be as strong as people are making it out to be.

Again, bottom line, the guy posts a kill and says he thought the MS3 would keep up a little better than it did. Nothing at all wrong with that.
The MS3 has ran 13s STOCK, we have not.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:35 PM
Banned

your right little nooblet things like flashs and TBE don't work on turbo cars there lag is just to great. Thats why evo's & sti's are slow also. your right i'll go get a life now. Thank you so much really thank you. Thank you for showing me the truth thank you. if you didnt sign on i woulda kept on believing a lie. thank god you signed on and posted something when you did thank you mattyfinch thank you
nonono, haha again your ******* as smart as a broke down dump truck. Im not arguing that a flash will advance its hp... but not by 70 whp you noob.

The srt-4 only gets 15-20 from stage 1 and 25-35 from stage 2, and that includes injectors....didnt see you say **** about anything but a flash.

As for an sti and evo, in comparison with a mazda speed 3 lol.... wow.. you must really like the madza 3, because besides the fact they all have a turbo, nothing else in these cars is remotely the same. The mazda 3, with turbo back BOV injectors, tuned with a new intercooler could lay down 275whp... but anyone with a boxed turbo from the factory can.

And thanks so much for the refreshing spizzle of humor darksun, without your irrelavent attacks at my knowledge which you know nothing about, especially when it comes to turbo'd vehicles, i think i would forever gone on in life without hearing the word nooblet, or having experienced such a bold and rediculous comparison..
Old 01-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Quicksilver83
you lucky bastard. Throw in a lil underoath or some alexisonfire and thats the best concert ever.
we played with both alexisonfire and underoath at warped this year in calgary and vancouver.... alexisonfire also let my band open forthem in edmonton, they are amazing, underoath personally are way to involved in there relationsips with god to really impact my life musically.

saosin however, AMAZING, we played at taste of chaos with them in 05 ZOMG... sense's was there too...to me, live, they suck.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Banned

nonono, haha again your ******* as smart as a broke down dump truck. Im not arguing that a flash will advance its hp... but not by 70 whp you noob.
Darksun>mattyfinch

Do you have any proof that they don't make 70 more whp with TBE and tune???

And resize your sig.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:46 PM

we played with both alexisonfire and underoath at warped this year in calgary and vancouver.... alexisonfire also let my band open forthem in edmonton, they are amazing, underoath personally are way to involved in there relationsips with god to really impact my life musically.

saosin however, AMAZING, we played at taste of chaos with them in 05 ZOMG... sense's was there too...to me, live, they suck.
Yeah i could've done with out senses if i had been there, they're only aight. Replace them with armor for sleep and its a perfect lineup.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
dude get the sand outta your vagina. dude posts a kill and you have to flame right away. maybe you should think about all the magazines talking about how this was one of the best sport compacts ever and hailing it as the new street beast for under 25K. granted it is stock, but if what the poster said is true the damn thing barely outruns an Si.

I could not agree more.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by 5150SS/SC
The MS3 has ran 13s STOCK, we have not.
I don't belive it. I have read they are over rated and run about 14.4-14.5. You know what, I run 14.2s all day long stock. Put on a better tire and the Cobalt SS/SC and I'm in the 13s.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:00 PM

good kill... sorry that some people have to be negative nancies and get all defensive because they think comparing a $20k car with $2k in mods to a $24k car isnt fair for the MS3

Quick Reply: raced a mazdaspeed 3