War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

raced a mazdaspeed 3

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 07:19 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sethallen
good kill... sorry that some people have to be negative nancies and get all defensive because they think comparing a $20k car with $2k in mods to a $24k car isnt fair for the MS3
Nobody is saying it isn't fair. Darksun said it was lame for the OP to say with his MODs that the MS3 isn't anything special, when stock for stock the MS3 is capable of AT LEAST .3 faster times in the 1/4 mile then any stock SS/SC.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by R&C_rallySS
I don't belive it. I have read they are over rated and run about 14.4-14.5. You know what, I run 14.2s all day long stock. Put on a better tire and the Cobalt SS/SC and I'm in the 13s.

Magazine racing FTW, the fastest mag time for an SS/SC is 14.4, so I don't believe your time.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
as a civic owner would say: "take off the turbo and then race....then it'd be fair!"
Old 01-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Darksun
GM LIED! OUR RATING IS WHP and still underated at that Theres is crank horse power How is that fair!?!??!? PLUS you wanna be funny than look at the srt-4 will say it goes for a minimum of 1000 less than our cars brand new which we all know its more but what ever. So your saying there allowed 1 grand in mods in a race against a cobalt ss/sc to make it fair or else if they lose it doesn't count?
lol gm didnt lie. they got rid of any losses from crank to the wheels because GM is just sweet like that and if you put a AEM sticker on ur car, thats good for 10 whp!!

btw:if u believed any of this u need to go burn urself lol jk jk
Old 01-04-2007, 07:52 PM

I just read in modified mag about MS3 ganied 30whp from a mazdaspeed air intake and catback.There going to be some kick ass cars with mods.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:20 PM

GM LIED! OUR RATING IS WHP and still underated at that Theres is crank horse power How is that fair!?!??!? PLUS you wanna be funny than look at the srt-4 will say it goes for a minimum of 1000 less than our cars brand new which we all know its more but what ever. So your saying there allowed 1 grand in mods in a race against a cobalt ss/sc to make it fair or else if they lose it doesn't count?
I gotta to say gm didn't lie. Look at any stock dyno graph... about 170-180 hp at 5600 rpm, right in line with what they say 205 hp @ 5600. Just because they didn't run the car past 5600 rpm when they dyno them doesn't mean they lie. Maybe deceived

http://www.caranddriver.com/previews...ged-page2.html
Old 01-04-2007, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by mattyfinch
nonono, haha again your ******* as smart as a broke down dump truck. Im not arguing that a flash will advance its hp... but not by 70 whp you noob.

The srt-4 only gets 15-20 from stage 1 and 25-35 from stage 2, and that includes injectors....didnt see you say **** about anything but a flash.

As for an sti and evo, in comparison with a mazda speed 3 lol.... wow.. you must really like the madza 3, because besides the fact they all have a turbo, nothing else in these cars is remotely the same. The mazda 3, with turbo back BOV injectors, tuned with a new intercooler could lay down 275whp... but anyone with a boxed turbo from the factory can.

And thanks so much for the refreshing spizzle of humor darksun, without your irrelavent attacks at my knowledge which you know nothing about, especially when it comes to turbo'd vehicles, i think i would forever gone on in life without hearing the word nooblet, or having experienced such a bold and rediculous comparison..
just for a little reference, a stage 2 SRT-4 is a lot more than a new ECU/PCM, new injectors, new wastegate, new map and tip sensor. And a Stage 2 w/toys ads more than horsepower as it smooths out the power band and makes for greater usable power. Thats why S2 w/toys SRT's run low 13's.

And as far as flashes, yeah 70 whp would be a retarded assumption for a flash, but the new 2.0T from volkswagen have been seeing 35 whp and 60 wtq from a flash.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by pOrk
And as far as flashes, yeah 70 whp would be a retarded assumption for a flash, but the new 2.0T from volkswagen have been seeing 35 whp and 60 wtq from a flash.
It would be retarded but I Said TBE and Flash. im just going by what the speed shop Vinshu posted on the mazda forums. There the ones who work with mostly evo's over there in cali i think. They got a MSP3 to play with and the guy said the car was running some kinda of crazy 10 a/fs at red line so tunning it was simple cause it ran richer than stock evo's do. The only thing i was thing it can't be tru about the gains is cause 1. the stock eve turbo i believe is a lot greater than the Msp3's stock turbo but thats the only doubts i have about everything going on with that car. IF people would go surf for them self instead of telling me i know nothing go on there forums look at the dyno graphs and call them liars. Half the people saying i know nothing havent even been over there. They sit here asking cobalt owners about other cars instead of using there E-legs and surfing over to another site. Pork thats like me telling you, you have a turbo V-8 under the hood of your car when i know for a fact i've done ZERO research on the new 2.0T's in the V-dubs and know nothing about them.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by R&C_rallySS
I don't belive it. I have read they are over rated and run about 14.4-14.5. You know what, I run 14.2s all day long stock. Put on a better tire and the Cobalt SS/SC and I'm in the 13s.
There is a vid on SRTforums of a guy buying his MS3, and taking it to the track. He got 3 runs in and they were all 13.9's.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:47 AM

your joking right? look at your mod list you have the nerve to look down on a stock car? People on here crack me up. I cant wait to hear the tears hit the keyboards of people crying when that cars flashes come out and they throw a turbo back exhaust on the damn thing. Flashs are suposed to get them into the 275+ WHP range cause they run like 10.1 A/f's stock. do some research guy may be whooping your ass in a little.
Since when is there rules to racing? Did you write a book or something? Theres only one rule, run what you brung. If you bash him about racing a stock MS3 with his mods, then bash some of the other folks who post war stories of them killing riced out Hondas. Different league, more mods, it doesn't matter. Two cars raced, one was faster due to mods, and won, end of story. Thats sort of the purpose of modifications to a car if you couldn't tell. "I'm slower stock then this car, so I'll mod up and be faster." If we went by your philosiphy of racing, then that'd pit stock cars racing another stock car in its class. Or like saying a modded car can't race a stock car. Wheres the fun, whats the purpose?
Old 01-05-2007, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by IonNinja
MSP3 = new SRT-4 but only faster IMO...

you may have been the victim of a shitty driver or two owners of some nicely modified cars
Nope, still not proven. Check the track times.

Old 01-05-2007, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
supposedly the turbos are pretty maxed out from the factory
Heard the same. These cars will defenetly be contenders when the aftermarket opens up. I'm also pretty sure Cobb is going to make many things for this car. I'm waiting for someone to come up with a tuning mechanism to get around or control the TPS (torque management system).

Last edited by West Palm SRT4; 01-09-2007 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wanna see darksun and 5150 make out.

on the hood of a MS3.

this thread is useless without videos of that.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by West Palm SRT4
Since when is there rules to racing? Did you write a book or something? Theres only one rule, run what you brung. If you bash him about racing a stock MS3 with his mods, then bash some of the other folks who post war stories of them killing riced out Hondas. Different league, more mods, it doesn't matter. Two cars raced, one was faster due to mods, and won, end of story. Thats sort of the purpose of modifications to a car if you couldn't tell. "I'm slower stock then this car, so I'll mod up and be faster." If we went by your philosiphy of racing, then that'd pit stock cars racing another stock car in its class. Or like saying a modded car can't race a stock car. Wheres the fun, whats the purpose?
Everybody is misunderstanding his posts. He was attacking the guys outlook on a STOCK MS3 that he raced with a modded SS/SC. He thought it was completely close-minded, which it was.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by an0malous

on the hood of a MS3.

I've read some of your posts, what exactly do you bring to the forum besides lame jokes?
Old 01-05-2007, 04:57 AM

265 crank most likely, and dont forget... ITS A TURBO, its going to lag and that is only PEAK power. thats the reason you dont race dynos. they are also a little heavier than the ss.
The turbo is computer controlled to limit Torque in first second and third due to it being a FWD car.

Also, there is no noticeable lag on the road or on the dyno. The turbo is as i said controlled. Turbo cars behave differently, if you put an experienced driver in one, who knows how to manipulate the spool on demand, you end up with driving nirvana.

The car has not been out for more than 3 months. Remember what the SS SC was like stock, look at where you are now two years later... After market Support.

Boost Limit
Re-Flash
Torque Limiter / Trac Cont

Are all in the pipes.

There isn't even a good CAI available for it yet..
Old 01-05-2007, 05:01 AM

car and driver ran a 5.9 0-60 in the ss

supposedly the ms3's are a pain in the ass to launch well too
The SS SC isn't much of a Launch Queen either in it's stock form..

Wheel HOP Masta!
Old 01-05-2007, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by damien
They have torque steer WAY WORSE then any cobalt has stock.

Do you even know anything about the car, or are you just guessing?

No they don't. Research Before making stupid statements.

They have a LSD.
The ECU limits HP in the first three gears.

It will hardly spin the front tires because of the limitations placed on it by the ECU.

Torque Steer? I drove one for 2 hours just crusin around and basically testing, It has None unless you are WOT in a corner at 5 MPH.

Once these Factory Granny Controls are removed, then the modding will begin.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by IonNinja
MSP3 = new SRT-4 but only faster IMO...

you may have been the victim of a shitty driver or two owners of some nicely modified cars

+1000

That car is the new SRT-4. It sucks but it is true. Also that car is faster than an LSJ and so is an SRT. So sad to say it but guys that are close to stock get prepared to get beat by a hatchback.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by West Palm SRT4
You dont read well i see. I'm not mad about the race I'm mad that he exspected more out of a stock car vs his modded one. He won his race i dont care about that. It's him calling a car thats same class as him slow when its stock and he's not, thats what bothers me. Geez how many times i gotta repeat my self

Last edited by Darksun; 01-05-2007 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by an0malous

on the hood of a MS3.

Sorry i can't help you out with your homo-erotic fantasies there buddy. If your looking for hot man on man action i think you clicked on the wrong web site in your favorites list...
Old 01-05-2007, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by 5150SS/SC
Everybody is misunderstanding his posts. He was attacking the guys outlook on a STOCK MS3 that he raced with a modded SS/SC. He thought it was completely close-minded, which it was.
Ha didn't see this post but thats exactly what im trying to get at. Its like a Cobalt ss/sc owner who's modded to all hell and runs 12's races a stock srt-4 wins then says "I exspected more of a race. I don't know what all the hype about these cars are?" Yeah sure you won the race but did you really exspect anything differnt?
Old 01-05-2007, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by 5150SS/SC
I've read some of your posts, what exactly do you bring to the forum besides lame jokes?
He brings some reasonable arguments to the table, but when the moon is right (every 4th post), he pushes the edges of fanboism. That and he actually posts comments about the SS/SC on streetfire in order to protect their reputation on those gay comment boards. Heres to you Mr. Pushes the Edges of Fanboism, we salute you.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Brian MP5T
The turbo is computer controlled to limit Torque in first second and third due to it being a FWD car.

Also, there is no noticeable lag on the road or on the dyno. The turbo is as i said controlled. Turbo cars behave differently, if you put an experienced driver in one, who knows how to manipulate the spool on demand, you end up with driving nirvana.

The car has not been out for more than 3 months. Remember what the SS SC was like stock, look at where you are now two years later... After market Support.

Boost Limit
Re-Flash
Torque Limiter / Trac Cont

Are all in the pipes.

There isn't even a good CAI available for it yet..
Damn it Brian say something about all this. I know you hang out over on the mazda speed forums. you musta seen those threads. Don't let these guy write off the MSP# as a non contender like they do most of the other cars on the roads. This site is going to heck... again. More "ibeat a 6.0 GTO" threads and "Just got my 2.7 pulley and flash ZO6 owners beware" threads are poping up like a fresh batch of noobs just got droped off onto the site. This'll be the third time this site has gone through this.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by pOrk
He brings some reasonable arguments to the table, but when the moon is right (every 4th post), he pushes the edges of fanboism. .
HAHAHAHAHAHA, First off trying to argue on street fire is pointless. NO one and i mean NO is gonna be able to have a decent debate on there. the Fanboi to normal member ratio is at least 10 to 1. And 2. I like fanbois they make the world go round and round. They keep me busy here at work till a server or store falls off the network.

Quick Reply: raced a mazdaspeed 3