War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

raced a mazdaspeed 3

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xonic
ahem...
Uber PWNT!!!
Old 01-12-2007, 04:15 PM

This is off subject forwarned

I have to put my 2 cents in. I just cannot comprehend buying a wagon/suv/5 door sedan to drive around like a sports car. I just don't get it. Heres my logic

-Fast Car
-Looks like a family car
-Has no resemblance to a sports car
-5 doors
-IT ACTUALLY LOOKS SLOW!!!

I do not know who would look for those qualities in a car.

I think mazda made mistake with the car. I am sure that it is fun to drive, but if I ever lost to one with my ss, would not care. I have way more respect for the neon/srt, Sentra and Acuras than for that car. At least those car have a well designed purpose and are straighforward with what they are offering. This suv/wagon/"Family truckster" is a disappointment. Before mazda people flame me I do like the mazdaspeed6 and proteges. But mazda could of at least offered a 2 door.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by drslash
This is off subject forwarned

I have to put my 2 cents in. I just cannot comprehend buying a wagon/suv/5 door sedan to drive around like a sports car. I just don't get it. Heres my logic

-Fast Car
-Looks like a family car
-Has no resemblance to a sports car
-5 doors
-IT ACTUALLY LOOKS SLOW!!!

I do not know who would look for those qualities in a car.

I think mazda made mistake with the car. I am sure that it is fun to drive, but if I ever lost to one with my ss, would not care. I have way more respect for the neon/srt, Sentra and Acuras than for that car. At least those car have a well designed purpose and are straighforward with what they are offering. This suv/wagon/"Family truckster" is a disappointment. Before mazda people flame me I do like the mazdaspeed6 and proteges. But mazda could of at least offered a 2 door.
the ms3 is for people that want great performance but alot of versatility...if they just wanted performance a moderate versatility, plus some pretty good looks, people would more likley get an ms6. the mazdaspeed protege is the biggest **** up of mazda i have ever seen, so this is an improvement. a boosted engine with extremely weak stock rods...multiple people have blown the rods STOCK. that is just ******* rediculous. supposedly it is one of the best handling fwd cars of all time, but worrying about WOT is not worth it imo.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:25 PM

What a read this is...
Good race. Everybody knew what was going on, no biggy.
The ms3 is alright, I much prefer the ss/sc as far as looks and s/c over turbo.(personal)
The srt-4 was 4-door,sentra,ms3,wrx... Not my style.

I have found through reading many different posts about drag times that they must be taken with a grain of salt. They could be perfectly legit slips for that car, but the conditions were once in a lifetime good.(or bad)
That said, my buddy bought a wrx late last fall, and ran 14.2 bone stock up here at 3500ft.
Turbo's are not affected as much by elevation, but it brings me to the next point:
All drag tracks are not equal.(and ours sucks)
Times are like dyno's, and should only be compared on the same day, same place.
Drivers are a huge factor, but that's the fun part.
And just as my opinion, roll-racing is pretty weak.
Hit the strip, and see who can cut a light,launch,shift,etc.