War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

raced a mustang (95-97)

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 10:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
raced a mustang (95-97)

fictional story here...

not a big deal, just amusing.

Me and the wife are on our way to pet smart , i pull up to a red light , as I’m talking to wife
as to why buying a hamster when we have 2 cats is a bad idea, I notice a red 4th gen mustang with altezea style tell lights and dark tint ,but i think nothing of it. He revs his engine but i ignore, i figure maybe his foot slipped, car sounded nice though...
I continue to talk to my wife and he revs more aggressively and lurches forward a little. I try to block it out, now out of the corner of my eye i see him rocking the car forward and letting it roll back, rocking it forward and letting roll back.. . I look over at him and he revs again.

My wife: " your gonna go for it aren’t you"
Me: "yup"
Wife: "why I hate it when you do this"
Me: "I can’t turn down a challenge .."
Wife: "sigh"

Light goes green , he launches , i just take off normal, he lets off but holds 1st gear, I can hear his rpms screaming, we line up and punch it from first. My tires go up in smoke, he pulls a fender, I let off a little to gain traction but this allows him to pull a little more, his back bumper now at my front bumper, I make a quick shift to 2nd, and quickly take up the fender he gained and we gracefully switch positions, his nose is at my rear bumper, a shift to 3rd and it was as if an invisible tether that connected to two of us had been severed , I pulled a car or so instantly, by 2 cars (roughly 80mph) he shut down(at lest i hope thats what happened), I cost in 3rd just to hear the gurgle and pop of my exasut as the engine winds down .I come to a stop at my turn to the on ramp,
He continues on his way straight , but as he passes he gives me one last rev and a thumbs up out the window.

Out of the silence of my wife comes :" you pulled pretty nasty on him "
Me: "yup"
Wife: " not gonna lie, that was pretty fun"
Old 02-18-2009, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah the 94 and 95 GT's and Cobras with the 5.0's arent nothing spectactular and neither are the 96-98 GT's or Cobras really. Nice race, nice kill! Now go pick on someone your own size, LOL.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haha, at least he gave you a thumb instead of a middle finger. Some people get pretty angry. But usually that's ricers, not tastefully modded mustangs.