War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Raced a Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha wow look what this tread has got to! maybe i should start threads of my other kills haha. keep it coming guys. some really good info is popping out!
Old 01-12-2009, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by BowTieTillIdie
I just don't think they can comprehend how bad the new GTs suck...Fanbois .. alll fanbois ..
O MY!! I can take many bets that if you find someone who is willing and ready to race their stock S197 with a 5spd manual, it will beat you over and over. Like "cakeeater" already said, just because you find the person in an auto or someone who isnt racing doesnt make it a win for you. A 13.8 is what the auto S197's cut all day, the 5spd's are more in the 13.5-13.6 range and have hit 13.2-13.3 many times stock. I love my SS/TC and I know what it's capable of, but please stop saying the S197's suck because with the right driver they will eat your car alive everytime.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cakeeater
13.8 in a 3v is decent for a first time track goer... The AVERAGE manual 3v driver will hit a 13.5-13.6 as their best stock. lots and lots of people have gone lower. Traps in the 105 range have been had, so you walking away from one stock is not going to happen unless you race an auto in the wrong gear, or you are a better driver, end of story. Modded, it's all up in the air depending on mods etc. I still have trouble agreeing with anything you say bowtie. I've tried to be civilized with you, but every time you make bs call outs and claims. You've claimed an ls1 will run 10's with just a tune, you've claimed your ls1 will walk anything i can bring, since we are never going to race i wont even get into that, and you tell me to do some research when you think the new gt's run a 13.8 on a good day...that's slow for an s197. an intake/exhaust 2v will still get walked by a stock s197 easily.

cody i agree with what youre saying that the s197 is not as impressive as some people make it sound and the ls1 was extremely impressive for it's time, but i do disagree that comparing an 03-04 cobra to an ls1 f-bod is invalid when comparing f-bod vs something else is. The 03-04 cobra was just as close in price to the ls1 f-body's as the new edge gt's were. The ls1 was priced right in the middle.

tell me where in colorado you are. I'll talk to some guys around your area with s197's and see if they'd like to meet with you. Instead of the average 50 year old man who's never gone past 80% throttle, we'll set you up with one of the guys that knows how to drive and cut 13.3-13.4's stock. If you'd like to race a bolt on s197, I think spyder lives in colorado and he runs 11's on slicks, mid-low 12's on streets. Good luck.
Im not ******* racing any god damn RWD cars from a dig in my cobalt.... stop talking about retarded 1/4th times ... and all these stupid insignificant numbers that mean jack **** to me .. I am not the only one who has beaten the last generation GT's from a roll ... Call em up.. Ill take some video ! I am in Pueblo ... And yeah I am not stupid enough to race ******* with mods either what you say is stock is a ******* crock of **** .. S 197 blah blah ******* blah ... All I need to know is if it is a Stock GT with nothing but maybe Intake exhaust and some rims NO DR's ... I will not be a coward You ******* call em up buddy .. I am begging to kill stock Gts from a roll all day long ... I just talked to my buddy with a black GT and he has 1 point left on his license so why don't you give me the pleasure of owning your buddies GTs so I can put it all over you tube how they suck major ass stock .....

You guys make me sick .. Like I am going to race RWD cars from a ******* Dig ... think I am that ignorant your all wrong and 5 speed who gives a **** if its Auto or 5 SPD doesn't matter .. It has proven to be a drivers race almost every time from a roll and frequently from a Dig .
Old 01-12-2009, 04:04 PM

Im not ******* racing any god damn RWD cars from a dig stop talking about retarded 1/4th times ... and all these stupid insignificant numbers that mean jack **** to me .. I am not the only one who has beaten the last generation GT's from a roll ... Call em up.. Ill take some video ! I am in Pueblo ... And yeah I am not stupid enough to race ******* with mods either what you say is stock is a ******* crock of **** ..
Just because you dont know how to drive or launch your car you're gonna talk **** about races from digs? I take it you never see the 1/4 mile track do you? Mainly because you suck at launching and cant get good times so you resort to roll racing. I'm not even gonna start on the roll racing thing, because one it's too f*cking dangerous these days and two, it's illegal to street race so I try to stay away from that. How is 1/4 mile racing retarded? You have the NHRA and tons of other racing divisions that race in the 1/8 and 1/4 mile, but you say it's retarded. Learn what real racing is and get back with me.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FutureEcotecOwner
Just because you dont know how to drive or launch your car you're gonna talk **** about races from digs? I take it you never see the 1/4 mile track do you? Mainly because you suck at launching and cant get good times so you resort to roll racing. I'm not even gonna start on the roll racing thing, because one it's too f*cking dangerous these days and two, it's illegal to street race so I try to stay away from that. How is 1/4 mile racing retarded? You have the NHRA and tons of other racing divisions that race in the 1/8 and 1/4 mile, but you say it's retarded. Learn what real racing is and get back with me.
+ 1 on the dig racing. my cobalt is modded and sux for dig racing but i still do it when i have to. Dig racing shows who the driver really is. i do both roll and dig but prefer dig even though my car performs like crap from it.

edit* just raced a 04 gt last night from a dig and got him by about 2 cars up to 100. i spun but o well. play catch up!
Old 01-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Banned

1/4th mile racing is retarded if you are racing 2 cars with roughly the same 1/4th times and the other car is a RWD vs a FWD wtf .. Its called traction and if you knew anything you would know that RWD cars always have the advantage of launching ... Its called physics and maybe you should take a class on that ?

It isn't dangerous if your doing it in a controlled environment .. Might be for RWD but My car has no problems accelerating from rolls ...

Originally Posted by redcobaltss
+ 1 on the dig racing. my cobalt is modded and sux for dig racing but i still do it when i have to. Dig racing shows who the driver really is. i do both roll and dig but prefer dig even though my car performs like crap from it.
If I am driving a naturally aspirated 8 CYL vs another car I Love dig racing .. I have a rwd car so it isnt that I cant its that How is racing a FWD car with half the cylinders and fwd a fair race because you only get to see the lower gears in the car and traction isnt equal... Testing cars in higher ratios shows who is the real boss as far as Power to weight ratio goes .. And thats what I am saying The top end on the Cobalt will school a GT every time and how often do you pull up to cars and toy with them at street lights for every one to see your a ******* street racer... I NEVER do that BS maybe on rare occasions ... Racing is racing weather it be from 20 mph to 120 or 0 - 120 ...

ASlo Dig racing has more of a potential to **** **** up internaly and is it really wroth it for 2 people to destroy something rather then go home without winning .. I think not .. I think both people would like to loose unscaved rather then towing the bitch home.. Yeah I have learned this from a lot of ecperience... The cobalt is a bitch to launch and I will admit that its not that fun to race from a dig with FWD has nothing to do with not being good at it if your car isn't getting traction it isnt getting it and your fucked . If any mother ****** here is going to say its easier to lauch a FWD vs RWD im gunna slap you.

Last edited by BowTieTillIdie; 01-12-2009 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-12-2009, 04:23 PM

1/4th mile racing is retarded if you are racing 2 cars with roughly the same 1/4th times and the other car is a RWD vs a FWD wtf .. Its called traction and if you knew anything you would know that RWD cars always have the advantage of launching ... Its called physics and maybe you should take a class on that ?

It isn't dangerous if your doing it in a controlled environment .. Might be for RWD but My car has no problems accelerating from rolls ...
That is why you either mod your damn car or learn how to launch it. I know a RWD car will out-launch a FWD car more often, but there have been many FWD cars to cut 2.0-2.1 60's with the right driver, which is about what a decent driver can cut in a RWD Mustang or Camaro. Dont let the FWD vs. RWD go to your head, because it isnt that big of a difference. I dont know of many "controlled environments" that are safe for street racing, and it's still street racing and illegal. And an auto vs. 5spd when it comes to Mustangs and other cars makes a huge difference, dont know what you've been told. And you dont seem that bright to know it on your own, so I'm sure someone has told you whole bunch of BS.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LS2guy
So you think you hot **** because you have 800hp and can beat a stock C6, you do understand that a C6 with even 150hp less would walk you hard right?

Stock GT500's don't trap 118mph 9 times out of 10 a stock C6 will take a GT500 in the 1/4.

A- 2007 C6 99% equals a 2001-2004 C5 Z06
B- Neither are a joke
C- Both run low 12's and nothing you own stock would touch either.

My stock 2007 C6 will walk a GT500 from a roll and will pull a good car in the 1/4. As for the GT500KR it's still no match for a Z06 in the 1/4 it's a match for the 2008 LS3 base C6 and from a roll they have there hands full with a 2005 base C6.

The GT500KR Supersnake would be the closest matchup for a Z06 but it would still be dead in the water past the 1/4 mark.

On that note I do find it funny that you even need to compare a econobox Cobalt to a Mustang GT in the first place. Pretty pathetic if you ask me but then agin Ford boys wouldn't want us to compare the S197 to say a 1998 F-Body that can run high 12's stock.
And what you dont relize either is I can slap a pair of slicks on my cobra and bust any corvettes ***** all day long at the track. The only way I am getting took is maybe at 160+ I bust everything I come up against. Lets just say I am the kinda driver that my 6 spd sounds like an auto. I wont hesistate to push my car or break something. I took a 5.0 gt with just bolt ons cam heads intake headers and a tremec tko and 4.10 gears with a set of small ass slicks and busted a buddies 408 turbo 350 tranny and nos 99 camaro SS. The bet was 500 bucks at the track that he could bust my ass. It was the best of three. I busted his ass hard 2 times, and then double or nothing one more race and busted his ass again. Having big HP and torque is only half the battle, being a driver is another.

I call b.s on the LS1 stock running 12's. I have plenty of friends with them, they sure dont run that. low 13's at best. With a pair of slicks and the right conditions, maybe just maybe a 12.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:27 PM

If I am driving a naturally aspirated 8 CYL vs another car I Love dig racing .. I have a rwd car so it isnt that I cant its that How is racing a FWD car with half the cylinders and fwd a fair race because you only get to see the lower gears in the car and traction isnt equal... Testing cars in higher ratios shows who is the real boss as far as Power to weight ratio goes .. And thats what I am saying The top end on the Cobalt will school a GT every time and how often do you pull up to cars and toy with them at street lights for every one to see your a ******* street racer... I NEVER do that BS maybe on rare occasions ... Racing is racing weather it be from 20 mph to 120 or 0 - 120 ...
Your car wouldnt trap 120mph, so it would be pointless for you race til 120. And I'm not the ******* roll racing street racer, I race at the track you dipshit. I dont wanna risk losing my f*cking job or killing some innocent bystander. And you just said in your last post, if you're racing a N/A v8 than you love dig racing, so what's wrong with your SS/TC vs a N/A S197?

Originally Posted by 08redcobalt
And what you dont relize either is I can slap a pair of slicks on my cobra and bust any corvettes ***** all day long at the track. The only way I am getting took is maybe at 160+ I bust everything I come up against. Lets just say I am the kinda driver that my 6 spd sounds like an auto. I wont hesistate to push my car or break something. I took a 5.0 gt with just bolt ons cam heads intake headers and a tremec tko and 4.10 gears with a set of small ass slicks and busted a buddies 408 turbo 350 tranny and nos 99 camaro SS. The bet was 500 bucks at the track that he could bust my ass. It was the best of three. I busted his ass hard 2 times, and then double or nothing one more race and busted his ass again. Having big HP and torque is only half the battle, being a driver is another.

I call b.s on the LS1 stock running 12's. I have plenty of friends with them, they sure dont run that. low 13's at best. With a pair of slicks and the right conditions, maybe just maybe a 12.
Just so you know, stock LS1 f-bodies have ran 12's on quite a few occasions, I think the best was a 12.8.

Last edited by FutureEcotecOwner; 01-12-2009 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-12-2009, 04:29 PM

God damn you are so ******* cool.

With what you know of course you would call BS on a stock LS1 running 12's but guess what I care for your opinion as much as your attitude.

ASlo Dig racing has more of a potential to **** **** up internaly and is it really wroth it for 2 people to destroy something rather then go home without winning .. I think not ..
Why dont you go talk to a real racer who has been drag racing at the track for over 40 years? I'm sure many of the 60's and 70's Muscle car owners were out roll racing all day long, everyday, LOL, NOT!!!
Banned

i have seen it done with just dr's. of course like u said in the right conditions. 12.9 is the fastest i believe anyone has got i a stock ls1.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Banned

here is a few tuns at the track, HPP is who did my car, and they brought there blue 04 stock motor just like mine, 800 hp TT. and there is also a c6 z06 listen in on the times.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5liae5sZoc
Old 01-12-2009, 04:31 PM

i have seen it done with just dr's. of course like u said in the right conditions. 12.9 is the fastest i believe anyone has got i a stock ls1.
I dont have the article, but I'm sure it was 12.8, and either way you were gonna call b.s on anyone doing it, when you just said yourself you believe it has gone 12.9.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Banned

I dont have the article, but I'm sure it was 12.8, and either way you were gonna call b.s on anyone doing it, when you just said yourself you believe it has gone 12.9.
i think u got me confused with the other poster! haha
Old 01-12-2009, 04:35 PM

i think u got me confused with the other poster! haha
OH ****!! My bad man, LOL. Your name has red in it and so does his, LOL.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:36 PM
Banned

OH ****!! My bad man, LOL. Your name has red in it and so does his, LOL.
10.0 in the quarter with a 04 stock block tt cobra dont think the c6 zo6 will run that.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Banned

10.0 in the quarter with a 04 stock block tt cobra dont think the c6 zo6 will run that.
I doubt it .. But turbos arent cheap either.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:39 PM

Probably not a stock Z06, but I'm sure there are some out there with full exhaust, intake, tune and DR's that would. And what really sucks, being that I'm a Ford guy at heart and rather have an 04 Cobra, it takes alot of work to get them to run low 10's or 9's when all it takes a Z06 is bolt ons and tires, and it's still N/A.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Banned

I doubt it .. But turbos arent cheap either.
watch the posted video same shop that did my car has the same set up. ran there car at ennis.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:41 PM

Im not ******* racing any god damn RWD cars from a dig in my cobalt.... stop talking about retarded 1/4th times ... and all these stupid insignificant numbers that mean jack **** to me .. I am not the only one who has beaten the last generation GT's from a roll ... Call em up.. Ill take some video ! I am in Pueblo ... And yeah I am not stupid enough to race ******* with mods either what you say is stock is a ******* crock of **** .. S 197 blah blah ******* blah ... All I need to know is if it is a Stock GT with nothing but maybe Intake exhaust and some rims NO DR's ... I will not be a coward You ******* call em up buddy .. I am begging to kill stock Gts from a roll all day long ... I just talked to my buddy with a black GT and he has 1 point left on his license so why don't you give me the pleasure of owning your buddies GTs so I can put it all over you tube how they suck major ass stock .....

You guys make me sick .. Like I am going to race RWD cars from a ******* Dig ... think I am that ignorant your all wrong and 5 speed who gives a **** if its Auto or 5 SPD doesn't matter .. It has proven to be a drivers race almost every time from a roll and frequently from a Dig .

ASlo Dig racing has more of a potential to **** **** up internaly and is it really wroth it for 2 people to destroy something rather then go home without winning .. I think not .. I think both people would like to loose unscaved rather then towing the bitch home.. Yeah I have learned this from a lot of ecperience... The cobalt is a bitch to launch and I will admit that its not that fun to race from a dig with FWD has nothing to do with not being good at it if your car isn't getting traction it isnt getting it and your fucked . If any mother ****** here is going to say its easier to lauch a FWD vs RWD im gunna slap you.
LOL im not a SC guy and a stock gt 08 runs a ******* 13.8 and the cobalts best was a 14.0 and YES guys have had better times then that on optimal track days. you need to look **** up AND never did I say from a DIGG you tool.. You bring your ******* stock GT 2008 whatever ******* year and I will ******* shcool you from a 20 - 40 roll .. Ill put 500 ******* bucks on it .. Stock for stock ! RWD schools FWD from a dig almost 9 times out of 10 you need to get real bro.
Just for being a toolbag I am going to make a god damn vid of my buddies 2001 GT with exhaust and an intake and show you how I still stomp his ass Over and Over AGIAN !

THATS IT

Holly **** guys this guy is a ******* badass!

He beats STOCK 3V GTs from a roll, I know I don't want to race him.

Too bad hes to big of a ***** to race from dig.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by 04YellowGT
Holly **** guys this guys a ******* badass!

He beats STOCK 3V GTs from a roll, I know I don't want to race him.

Too bad hes to big of a ***** to race from dig.
LOL!!
Old 01-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Banned

Probably not a stock Z06, but I'm sure there are some out there with full exhaust, intake, tune and DR's that would. And what really sucks, being that I'm a Ford guy at heart and rather have an 04 Cobra, it takes alot of work to get them to run low 10's or 9's when all it takes a Z06 is bolt ons and tires, and it's still N/A.
but seeing as ford only believes in the 4.6 and the 5.4 instead of actually building a push rod v8 instead of modular, You gotta make it out run the competition some how. And still even with what I have spent, I am still with the car price included way under what a c6 zo6 is priced at.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:43 PM

but seeing as ford only believes in the 4.6 and the 5.4 instead of actually building a push rod v8 instead of modular, You gotta make it out run the competition some how. And still even with what I have spent, I am still with the car price included way under what a c6 zo6 is priced at.
I totally understand the price thing, because like I've already mentioned before to someone on here, I could buy a fox body for like 2-3k and drop in about 10k and run 8's all day long, and that is for less than 15k.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Banned

I totally understand the price thing, because like I've already mentioned before to someone on here, I could buy a fox body for like 2-3k and drop in about 10k and run 8's all day long, and that is for less than 15k.
thats what makes the foxbody so great and why its listed in magizines as the next first gen camaro. It was fords best work to date, in my book. You can pick them up cheap and put what ever you want in them. even a 460 bb. I watch TT fox bodies run high 4's in the 1/8 th mile, during true 10.5 night here. The have less then 20k in the whole car. Expensive car with lots of HP isnt for me. I would rather spend alot less and out run anything. I have a pic of my old 89 lx running mid 5's in the 1/8th with only 17k in the whole car.

Quick Reply: Raced a Mustang GT