War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

ran a ls1 t/a

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my car is 2.5 pullied with every mod besides meth

which is soon to come with a new catback to

Last edited by lsjwannabe; 08-16-2007 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-16-2007, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by chevysalesman614
quit "rice racing" them, and go to the track. you'll get owned.

before you say "no i wont" , i do, and i know i'm faster than you are.
nothing wrong with roll racing. Im not a fan of burning up my tires either. So in the case of roll racing, "no i wont", and the only track in my area is an 1/8th mile that sucks a big one.

Originally Posted by codyss
Ummm, since when is mid 13's slow? And don't start the whole drag strip queen comparissons. Were talking street cars here and mid 13's is respectable.

Unless it's a God damn Mustang then thats terrible.

Son of abitch there I go setting double standards.............
I raced a goat 2 times from a dig when I had only stage 2, and cai. We let off at about 100ish. I managed to pull about 1.5-2 cars on my best out of 2. I roll raced one on the interstate doing about 60 mph aswell. he was riding my a@@, pulled up along side me, and opened her up. I quickly opened mine up and started pulling 2-3 cars on him. I havent raced the ls2 GTO yet, but Im not impressed with the ls1's at all.

Last edited by 1BADSS/SC; 08-16-2007 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-16-2007, 09:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Red2.4SS/SC
just because i say im stock doesnt mean i am , im not stock you know my mods, but the newbs dont , and it seems theres more and more people getting cobalts in my area so therefore i dont want them to know my mods

lol you guys are funny with your comments
HA HA HA...

Are you serious Red? You think you're going to sneak a cammed V8 by someone.

"Yo, I seen you on css.net. That's stock right" - Mysteriously dumb Cobalt owner
"Yeah, it's stock." - Red
"Why's it have such a rough idle, must be a POS." - Mysteriously dumb Cobalt owner
"You'll see, MuaHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" - Red

Oh, yeah, I can definitely see that happening.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:05 AM
Banned

I still think some of these SS/SC vs LS1 GTO races seem to smell of BS.

How is a SS/SC S2 that at " best " runs a 13.6 @ 106 putting 1.5-2 cars on a car that runs on " average " the same time and ET?

When you really think about the fact that a SS/SC S2 best time is only equal to a cars average you can easily see why I say BS. Not to mention the LSX cars pull just as hard from a dig as they do from a roll.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:16 AM

I'm not going to argue with you on this mostly because I don't give a **** and I am not on either side. I tend to stay out of these threads. I just came in to pick on Red because he said something completely stupid.

Anywho, in my experience, a lot of LSX cars out there, especially late 90's early 00's aren't always in the best running condition.

A modified car is one thing, a LS1 w/ 100K "beat the **** out of it" miles on it is another. I don't think any of these stories should be looked into any farther than someone had a good run-in and beat the other car. Good for you. It only really counts on the track, so why the hell does everyone care so much?
Old 08-16-2007, 10:52 AM

I'm not sure how just a Stage 2 is putting that many lengths on even the LS1 GTO either Cody...you just have to shrug????

Must be the worst driver ever...

When you really think about the fact that a SS/SC S2 best time is only equal to a cars average you can easily see why I say BS. Not to mention the LSX cars pull just as hard from a dig as they do from a roll.
Resistance is Futile buddy...

You know how this story goes bud. We hear it all the time.

Last edited by FNFAST; 08-16-2007 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-16-2007, 10:53 AM

I'll start the flame war. I will race and smoke the ever living **** out of any GTO or other LSx car that wants to race. We'll go what ever they want. Standing 1/8 or 1/4, roll from a 40, roll from a 60, etc. ****, I'll even give em a head start.

Of course, I'll be using the busa to race.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:18 AM

How is a SS/SC S2 that at " best " runs a 13.6 @ 106 putting 1.5-2 cars on a car that runs on " average " the same time and ET?

ill be back after lunch.. and if you want me to make you feel stupid and see how this is not how things work in real life then i will..
stop reading numbers and bench racing.. thats what your doing when you pull out times.. i have raced a ws6 a **** ton of times.. an i win every one of them.. but does that mean i run a FASTER quarter mile.. NO .. expand your mind boy.. and stop being narrowed on a 1/4 strip.. 1/4 mile doesnt show who has a faster car overall.. it just shows who has a faster CAR from a standing still to the end of the quarter mile.. but what happens when pre-movement is invovled.. exactly .. now your starting to see
Old 08-16-2007, 04:01 PM

u can call it what u want. All I know is that the GTO is coined a "goat" for a reason. And I also know that I SMOKED both of them wether u believe it or not. Look, if stage 2 cobalts are beating STI's, which run MUCH better than LS1's, how is it a stage 2 cant beat a GTO?? Makes no sense.

I hate doing this, but the avg is 13.8 according to c-and-d ( yes im resorting to bench racing like he has ).

Maybe the ls2 is fast, but the ls1 is not. Call BS all u want, the ls1 GTO's are dogs.

ls2=nice
ls1=slow
Old 08-16-2007, 04:08 PM

^uh oh, you really did it now... red2.4 ss/sc is gonna have a **** fit.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
u can call it what u want. All I know is that the GTO is coined a "goat" for a reason. And I also know that I SMOKED both of them wether u believe it or not. Look, if stage 2 cobalts are beating STI's, which run MUCH better than LS1's, how is it a stage 2 cant beat a GTO?? Makes no sense.

I hate doing this, but the avg is 13.8 according to c-and-d ( yes im resorting to bench racing like he has ).

Maybe the ls2 is fast, but the ls1 is not. Call BS all u want, the ls1 GTO's are dogs.

ls2=nice
ls1=slow
haha race a modded ls1 and come back son you have a lot of learning to do. Many people have acheived low 13's in stock gto's (ls1). Thats a very bold statement you made especially becuase you are not running that many mods.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:44 PM

All I know is that the GTO is coined a "goat" for a reason.
They are called goats because they eat almost anything in their price range along with ones above and below their price range...including stage 2 cobalts

I'm not gonna say that a stage 2 can't beat a stock LS1 GTO...but I will say it would have to be the single worst driver in the GTO ever and from a roll.

Cody may talk a lot of **** sometimes guys..but he isn't being an ass, he is speaking truthfully. A stage 2 with little to no other mods has very little chance against a LS1 GTO and absolutely NO CHANCE against an LS2. I'm sorry..but it's the truth.

Many people have acheived low 13's in stock gto's (ls1). Thats a very bold statement.
Agreed.

Ingalls, AEM CAI, Stage 2, 2.8" pulley, GMPP Cat Back
You may do ok against a stock LS1 GTO from a roll (still would be close either way), but with these mods...an LS2 GTO would own you like there is no tomorrow.

Last edited by FNFAST; 08-16-2007 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-16-2007, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by FNFAST
They are called goats because they eat almost anything in their price range along with ones above and below their price range...including stage 2 cobalts

I'm not gonna say that a stage 2 can't beat a stock LS1 GTO...but I will say it would have to be the single worst driver in the GTO ever and from a roll.

Cody may talk a lot of **** sometimes guys..but he isn't being an ass, he is speaking truthfully. A stage 2 with little to no other mods has very little chance against a LS1 GTO and absolutely NO CHANCE against an LS2. I'm sorry..but it's the truth.

Agreed.

You may do ok against a stock LS1 GTO from a roll (still would be close either way), but with these mods...an LS2 GTO would own you like there is no tomorrow.
all I know is, stage 2 + CAI = death of ls1 in my SS/SC

Ive been thinking that I have a factory freak, especially since ive raced my friend before, same car, same mods, and killed him by like 2-2.5 cars. Both him, and his GF were like

before anyone calls BS, wait till I get home so i can post a video. U can expect one around Mon-Tues time frame.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:22 PM

Ive been thinking that I have a factory freak, especially since ive raced my friend before, same car, same mods, and killed him by like 2-2.5 cars.
I'm not calling BS on you man. I don't usually go that far.

It could be your buddy can't drive...your car is a little faster than stock, or the GTO was running on three tires...I'm just saying

(giving you ****)
Old 08-16-2007, 05:26 PM

I'm not calling BS on you man. I don't usually go that far.

It could be your buddy can't drive...your car is a little faster than stock, or the GTO was running on three tires...I'm just saying

(giving you ****)

its cool. I got a lot of respect for ya being one of the first to get the GM stage 3. Seeing how it worked so well for u helped me decide I didnt want a 2.6" pulley, 60 lb/hr injectors, and a blown motor ( piston #4 to be exact ). Speaing of which, u know anyone who wants to buy 60lbers, harness, and a 2.6?
Old 08-16-2007, 05:29 PM

motor's blow due to poor tunes and dumb drivers not pulley sizes
Old 08-16-2007, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by lsjwannabe
motor's blow due to poor tunes and dumb drivers not pulley sizes
its typically lack of fuel, cuz piston 4 is the last to recieve it.

I agree though, most r crappy tunes and crappy drivers
Old 08-16-2007, 05:33 PM

case in point my car. i have been waiting for it to blow for over a year and not one issue daily driving my 2.5 pullied car, except this extremely loud noise when i go wot its sort a like a whine.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:16 AM

case in point my car. i have been waiting for it to blow for over a year and not one issue daily driving my 2.5 pullied car, except this extremely loud noise when i go wot its sort a like a whine.
you could be a lucky one. quite a few people have blown #4.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:15 AM

yeah the people that race to 140 back to back to back, and constantly beat on there cars. its called driving normal. i ran just a 2.5 pulley and no cooloing mods for 6 months and never one problem
Old 08-17-2007, 08:35 AM

yeah the people that race to 140 back to back to back, and constantly beat on there cars. its called driving normal. i ran just a 2.5 pulley and no cooloing mods for 6 months and never one problem
Old 08-17-2007, 09:58 AM

its cool. I got a lot of respect for ya being one of the first to get the GM stage 3. Seeing how it worked so well for u helped me decide I didnt want a 2.6" pulley, 60 lb/hr injectors, and a blown motor ( piston #4 to be exact ). Speaing of which, u know anyone who wants to buy 60lbers, harness, and a 2.6?
Didn't i just read somewhere that you are getting the stage 3 set up?
Old 08-17-2007, 12:21 PM

Didn't i just read somewhere that you are getting the stage 3 set up?
yea, well i bought 60 lbers, then decided to get stage 3... Dumb mistake
Old 08-17-2007, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC

2.6 60lbers with the right tune will last. Ive had mine for 5 months.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:32 PM

5 months isn't anything when you're making car payments for 5 years...

Quick Reply: ran a ls1 t/a