War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

ran a ls1 t/a

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 01:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
o im pretty damn sure i would be walking you sorry to burst your bubble but im not your average balt and your a little out matched seeming as i probably put down close to the same power as you
Old 08-19-2007, 01:48 AM

ok dude, not trying to start ****.....I said a pullied, intake exhaust balt would need more to keep up with an LS1 vehicle....any LS1 vehicle....

you said you walked away from and beat them everyday.....

If thats true, videos, timeslips, mod list, everything please....I'd love to see it.

I doubt you put down the same power or even near the same power as my GTO did stock....I've been looking through these forums for a while and I haven't seen many dyno numbers like what I dyno'd stock....not that thats the only factor, cause its not.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:04 AM
Banned

i trap 108 1/4 and still ls1's are a tough race...
Old 08-19-2007, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Summerwolf
*rolleyes* well if you're ever in my neck of the woods my GTO is stock besides an intake and exhaust....lol....I gaurantee you won't be walking anyone. Dig roll, whatever
you barely run a mid 13 and trap 104...

you are not that fast so settle down.....

a race between you and me would be extremely ugly for you. lucky for you i'm not in your neck of the woods.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by lsjwannabe
Rolling down the street on my way back from work and i come up on a t/a so he paces me for a little then speeds up and slows down agian so i figure he is game. So we went from 45 to 80 and i had about a car and a half and pulling had to shut down cuz of traffic. His car sounded like a m6 but im not sure, its exhaust was loud but not full exhuast loud i think maybe he had a slp lm exhuast and i don't know what else. He drove around me afterward and did not look over i don't think he was happy but whatever.
this thread is worthless with out video
Old 08-19-2007, 01:18 PM
Banned

I don't think it's the lack of a video that is making this thread worthless.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by codyss
I don't think it's the lack of a video that is making this thread worthless.
lmao i think its the OP's lack of knowledge
Old 08-19-2007, 02:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LittleMT
you barely run a mid 13 and trap 104...

you are not that fast so settle down.....

a race between you and me would be extremely ugly for you. lucky for you i'm not in your neck of the woods.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by tumadre
Roll racing: The special motorsport for ricers.

roll racing is a rather typical RANDOM street encounter..

I have no issues with a race from a dig, which I would prefer at the strip...

in my experience a RANDOM dig race on the streets is hard to comeby as usually one isnt lined up at a light waiting.. and if one is, there is a reluctance on my part atleast as a typical intersection could contain law enforcement nearby either at the lights or parked or what not.

How many street races are really from a dig, I know some are, but I would figure most are from a roll...

stop crying, and make enough power that even if racing from a roll you stand a chance at being victorious.

I think you whinning is more the 'motorsport for ricers'....
Old 08-19-2007, 02:57 PM

I don't randomly race anyone on the street. This is something the idiots that cause "street racing" accidents do. All my races are setup before hand and we go out to one of a few spots and race from a dig.

This is sad, that roll racing is becoming so popular. Even with people with fast cars like you lilMT. Real street racing is from a dig in the middle of nowhere, no chance for cops, no chance for someone to pull out in front of you. Racing from a roll or from a street light/stop sign is rediculous and should be frowned upon.

and the difference between me and you is that a setup race between us would be at the strip. Street racing in and of itself should be frowned upon, though admittingly I am no angel.

sounds like the setup fast and the furious stuff is popular with you.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:58 PM
p7x

God did have a pretty good hand in the LS1 :
and the LS1 "recipe" goes through to every truck GM produces with a V8 right now, a lot of the FWD V8 performance vehicles...the list goes on and on with what GM uses the LSX motor for
I guess thats a good thing if you believe in god and like GM.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:11 PM

A 13.6 is not "barely" in the 13's....that was right after I bought my car and it was stock......now that I have a couple mods and can launch it well....I'm sure it runs quite a bit different, we'll see here in a week when I get back home and get to the track.

And besides LittleMT I wasn't even talking to you....I sure would hope a 637 HP neon could walk away from a pretty stock LS1....
Old 08-19-2007, 03:14 PM

I have been going out like that for almost 6 years and their has been only one death that whole time (hell there have been more at the track). There have been COUNTLESS deaths of idiots doing 120+ on the freeway, or racing from intersections, etc. Random = stupid and dangerous, if someone pulls up next to you and wants to run, invite them to fallow you to a spot or trade numbers and meet them at a spot at another time.

It is true that deaths at the tracks occur, but I seriously doubt you have the data to claim that more deaths occur at the track then set up dig races on the street.

However, at the track it is controlled and if a death occurs, one probably wouldn't be held liable as would be the case in a illegal setup up dig event on some hidden road somewhere.

Again, I am no angel, and would meet up with you and run from a dig, but given the choice, you can't beat the drag srtip..

You afraid of the tree?

And besides LittleMT I wasn't even talking to you....I sure would hope a 637 HP neon could walk away from a pretty stock LS1....

It would rout it.....

Last edited by LittleMT; 08-19-2007 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-19-2007, 03:18 PM

rout it? lol......if you mean it shouldn't be anywhere close to being a race then yeah I agree.....600+HP cars aren't slouches, lol...I know....
Old 08-19-2007, 03:23 PM

rout it? lol......if you mean it shouldn't be anywhere close to being a race then yeah I agree.....600+HP cars aren't slouches, lol...I know....

Heh, I ran against my son whom was driving my 2006 Brazen Orange LS2 GTO, and the neon pulled away from that car like it was parked and sinking in quicksand...

though I own both cars that was a mixed feelings kind of race, it was what I expected but yet angered me that the Goat was so thoroughly dominated...

So I called the Aussies from APS and they sent me two big boxes, and now Mr. Beck has been sending me many boxes that say 'no bull' on them...

I am going to do the suspension 1st on that GTO....

Then I'll get the kit on and try and deal with those pesky 4 bangers!
Old 08-19-2007, 03:26 PM

I much prefer the track too, don't get me wrong. But the street is fun and different too, when setup right. This ricer BS roll crap and from intersections with traffic is just dumb, there is no reasoning that makes any sense to support it. Especially roll racing, just bust out calculators and save gas and the abuse on your cars.

street racing is fun and exciting,,, that I'll give you...
Old 08-19-2007, 03:28 PM
p7x

I much prefer the track too, don't get me wrong. But the street is fun and different too, when setup right. This ricer BS roll crap and from intersections with traffic is just dumb, there is no reasoning that makes any sense to support it. Especially roll racing, just bust out calculators and save gas and the abuse on your cars.
Ur right only ricers roll race. Real men race from a dig.

is this how u spell sarcasm
Old 08-19-2007, 03:32 PM

Ur right only ricers roll race. Real men race from a dig.

DAMN your right! All the people with 800+HP supras and cobras are ricers cuz they roll race!!!!!!!! Along with 90% of the race vids on the internet.

Mike
Old 08-19-2007, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by LittleMT
Heh, I ran against my son whom was driving my 2006 Brazen Orange LS2 GTO, and the neon pulled away from that car like it was parked and sinking in quicksand...

though I own both cars that was a mixed feelings kind of race, it was what I expected but yet angered me that the Goat was so thoroughly dominated...

So I called the Aussies from APS and they sent me two big boxes, and now Mr. Beck has been sending me many boxes that say 'no bull' on them...

I am going to do the suspension 1st on that GTO....

Then I'll get the kit on and try and deal with those pesky 4 bangers!
Well, what do you expect....a highly modified neon VS a stock GTO? Its a different of almost 350 HP....thats like....strapping another LS2 into the GTO, lol.

I agree with APS and suspension.....I have a mutt car bushing wise, and am saving up for a FI solution.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Element2.4
I'm just waiting for the Haters to come in here and talk there ****. This will turn into a 10 page thread haha.
uhhh yep haha

let the man have his glory
Old 08-19-2007, 03:35 PM
p7x

Old 08-19-2007, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Red2.4SS/SC
lmao i think its the OP's lack of knowledge
lack of knowledge **** stick my left nut knows more about what a ls1 can and can't do then you and all your lsx friends. i think you need to go over to ls1gto no one wants you here

summerwolf since when do you know my mods? my car has quite a few more than you listed.

Last edited by lsjwannabe; 08-19-2007 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-19-2007, 03:40 PM

i think you need to go over to ls1gto no one wants you here

funny, many say that about you over there.

Alot of you people need to accept that many with different cars will join and be active posters in many forums....

though flaming is often a result, it actually makes it more interesting...
Old 08-19-2007, 03:43 PM

yes it does but at the point when no one will believe a 270whp car that is lighter can't beat a stock auto ls1 gto, they need to wake up and smell the coffee cuz **** happens.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:46 PM

yes it does but at the point when no one will believe a 270whp car that is lighter can't beat a stock auto ls1 gto, they need to wake up and smell the coffee cuz **** happens.

Let them not believe it, no biggie...

makes it funner for you when you do win....

btw, I certianly believe its fully possible...

Quick Reply: ran a ls1 t/a