War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Re-race 98 Trans-Am LS1

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 11:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Werewolf SS
Alright heres the verdict:

The bet was If I stay within 7 cars of him I get a ricer pic of him pointing at his rims like a retard.
If he beat me by more than 8 I had to come on here and claim all cobalts suck.

All cobalts

Kick all the A$$

The videos will be up by tomorrow if not tonight depending if John can do it or not.
Heres the deal.
We had two cameras, one for each car.
We had the place to ourselves for almost 2 hours and ran at least 7 times and screwed around driving each others cars for awhile.

First race he gets me by 2 to 3 as the video says.
Second race by one or two.
Third he says he didn't launch right but I pulled one and a half on him and held to the end winning by a half and that was past the 1/4 mile still going and had to be almost 1/2 a mile.

We then did rolls at 30
each roll I'm at the top of 1st gear trying to keep my power band and as soon as he hit I would bounce right of the limiter which means he won the first by 5
second he got 2
Third I held one on him tell 4th gear then he started pulling on me but only got up a half before we ran out of room and slowed down. So I one that by a half.
Fourth the damn limiter again caused me to lose by 3 or 4.

We then drove each others cars and had a great time. The whole event made the cost of Stage 2 worth it.
Oh and when John post the video the last one we filmed we were in the Trans Am and I make a shout out to cobaltss.net
And then **** John off with a statement he'll hopefully not edit out.
Hope the video is uploaded soon.

Can't wait to get that ricer pic John
Old 12-13-2007, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by John2k5
I am glad you hate it, because thats what makes me happy. When I have someone hating on me it just means that I am doing something right. Btw what does pop cans have to do with 20's? Yea I am trying to get a 05-07 mustang gt to come out and play also.
u know im not a fan of TA's but i like urs
Old 12-13-2007, 11:51 PM

im gonna be blunt here and zip up my flame suit..but i feel alot of cobalt owners on this site need to pull their heads outa their ass's and realize that cobalts are not gods gift to earth for racing cars..

i love my cobalt, its awesome and im a dedicated memeber to this site..but realisticly guys a ls1 has WAY more potental then a lsj... stock for stock or mod for mod a ls1 would destory a cobalt... im not bashing all cobalts or all cobalt memebers..hell ive always been a fan of small displacement kicking large displacements ass..but it is true FWD is the worst type of drive you can have if your racing in a straight line...autox different story..but racing in a line..it is the worst..

as for the pulling your heads outa ur ass's, hell i even fall into that catagory, i will look at other cars all the time and say "pfft my car could beat that v8 mustang.." when realisticly alot of our cars can not beat high displacement rear wheel drive cars mod for mod...or stock for stock..

again im not here to **** people off or bash the cobalt..hell i love my cobalt and am looking into the hahn turbo setup to run low 13's in a fwd car...i just want everyone to look at this thro a different perspective and chill out..no need to bash somone cuz they have more displacement then us lol
Old 12-13-2007, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Projekt
im gonna be blunt here and zip up my flame suit..but i feel alot of cobalt owners on this site need to pull their heads outa their ass's and realize that cobalts are not gods gift to earth for racing cars..

i love my cobalt, its awesome and im a dedicated memeber to this site..but realisticly guys a ls1 has WAY more potental then a lsj... stock for stock or mod for mod a ls1 would destory a cobalt... im not bashing all cobalts or all cobalt memebers..hell ive always been a fan of small displacement kicking large displacements ass..but it is true FWD is the worst type of drive you can have if your racing in a straight line...autox different story..but racing in a line..it is the worst..

as for the pulling your heads outa ur ass's, hell i even fall into that catagory, i will look at other cars all the time and say "pfft my car could beat that v8 mustang.." when realisticly alot of our cars can not beat high displacement rear wheel drive cars mod for mod...or stock for stock..

again im not here to **** people off or bash the cobalt..hell i love my cobalt and am looking into the hahn turbo setup to run low 13's in a fwd car...i just want everyone to look at this thro a different perspective and chill out..no need to bash somone cuz they have more displacement then us lol

Woah calm down there killer....no one said anything about our cars having more potential.....this thread is about ONE trans am and ONE cobalt. One pretty much stock, the other not. So chill and watch the vids when they post em up
Old 12-13-2007, 11:57 PM
Banned

I think it's funny that a s2 Cobalt had to race a riced out Automatic Camaro with 20'' rims and was still being spotted 7 cars. And people think s2 = ls1
Old 12-14-2007, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by memphisr24
Woah calm down there killer....no one said anything about our cars having more potential.....this thread is about ONE trans am and ONE cobalt. One pretty much stock, the other not. So chill and watch the vids when they post em up
im not directly saying this towards this post alone..and i am chill thank you, its a general observastion i have noticed in the past months...alot more cobalt memebers are turning into honda owners thinking their car is gods gift to earth in the 1/4mile...i hate to break it to alot of you but the cobalt is not a straight line car..it was designed to show the world what a econo car can do..and its not the straight line..its the circuit that the cobalt triumphs in..

Originally Posted by SLoW SHO
I think it's funny that a s2 Cobalt had to race a riced out Automatic Camaro with 20'' rims and was still being spotted 7 cars. And people think s2 = ls1
my point exacly...

Last edited by Projekt; 12-14-2007 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-14-2007, 12:02 AM

What do u mean had to race? The guy with the t/a was claiming he would beat the s2 cobalt by 7 or more car lengths. And according to the s2 owner, he didn't....

And I think a lot of us understand that our cars arent 1/4 mile monsters...but we buy them because we like them, and we mod them because we want to. You're making it sound like our car isn't worth modifying unless you do autox.....

Projekt, why did you bother going to the 1/4 track to get your 15.4 time??? FWD isn't for 1/4 miles........my point exactly

Last edited by memphisr24; 12-14-2007 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-14-2007, 12:03 AM

ha videos please!!! but i like that ta, just not to much the color
Old 12-14-2007, 12:05 AM
Banned

What do u mean had to race? The guy with the t/a was claiming he would beat the s2 cobalt by 7 or more car lengths. And according to the s2 owner, he didn't....

And I think a lot of us understand that our cars arent 1/4 mile monsters...but we buy them because we like them, and we mod them because we want to. You're making it sound like our car isn't worth modifying unless you do autox.....

Projekt, why did you bother going to the 1/4 track to get your 15.4 time??? FWD isn't for 1/4 miles........my point exactly
No, I'm making it sound like 95% of the members on this site have no clue what-so-ever about what their cars can and can't beat.
Banned

Well your partially right. LS1 equipped whips from dig cause= RWD

rolling is quite surprising. LS1 does not pull away like were standing still. I am still amazed in these situations when having fun. still pulls - dont get it twisted.

I am not a honda owner here. lol

nooo i never intended to sound like that..this coming from a person (myself) who plans on spending lots of money on my car...i just dislike that alot of cobalt memebers think they can walk v8's like its going outa business...im sorry but mod for mod a v8 will give the spanks to a 4 banger cobalt even with f/i (and i am one who loves F/I i wrote a essay on how F/I is better then displacement) i have just came toe the reality that "there is no replacement for displacement" except for boost, but u add boost to a v8 and well ur **** outa luck (lingerfelter corvette)

im just really tired of the members that are like "YEAH OMG I BEAT A LS1 CAMARO ALL V8'S SUCK"..when ether the ls1 didnt know how to drive or the balt was way over modded in terms of the mods done to the ls1..
Old 12-14-2007, 12:08 AM

Here's my opinion...we can hang with SOME stock v8's when we are modified...but obviously our average mid 14 second times stock won't keep up with 8's...or even some v6 or 4 bangers...but yeah I know what you mean but we should just all wait for the vids
Old 12-14-2007, 12:09 AM

why did you spend 25,000 dollars on a brand new car + mods to only run 13.xx? if you wanna go fast buy a older car? my point exacly? no...thats not my point..so why are you taking shots at me? my point is alot of people on this site think they car is God and they can rape any trans am/honda on the road..when most of them couldnt take a stock trans am...
Old 12-14-2007, 12:10 AM
Banned

Here's my opinion...we can hang with SOME stock v8's when we are modified...but obviously our average mid 14 second times stock won't keep up with 8's...or even some v6 or 4 bangers...but yeah I know what you mean but we should just all wait for the vids
Regardless of the video's, you have a moron in a 14 second Camaro. And a Cobalt owner amped about losing by 5 cars.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:11 AM

or the balt was way over modded in terms of the mods done to the ls1..
Well what do you expect with 4 bangers...the only fast stock 4 banger i know of is an ariel atom.....which runs 12's I believe...or 11's. Other than that, 4 bangers will most likely always be slow when stock...evo's and sti's are quick though
Old 12-14-2007, 12:14 AM

Well what do you expect with 4 bangers...the only fast stock 4 banger i know of is an ariel atom.....which runs 12's I believe...or 11's. Other than that, 4 bangers will most likely always be slow when stock...evo's and sti's are quick though
isnt that what ive been trying to say? again im all for 4 bangers..great gas mileage and when they can take v8's thats awesome..why do u think id like to turbo my car? low 13's high 12's in a fwd car that gets good gas economy is my ideal of a car...

thats not what im trying to argue..its when memebers take it to far and think their car can beat anything on the road unless its a lambo lol (and im sure some members think they can take a lambo..)
Old 12-14-2007, 12:15 AM

why did you spend 25,000 dollars on a brand new car + mods to only run 13.xx? if you wanna go fast buy a older car? my point exacly? no...thats not my point..so why are you taking shots at me? my point is alot of people on this site think they car is God and they can rape any trans am/honda on the road..when most of them couldnt take a stock trans am...
LOL but this is not what this thread is about....

One fella in a t/a said his t/a would basically put bus lengthjs on a stage 2 ss.

The s2 ss owner wanted to race him to find out...

I don't see anyone bashing v8's here. The t/a has a stock engine. I think your post was pointless in this thread because I see no v8 bashing here. Yes some people made fun of his wheels but THEY don't know the story behind the wheels. But that isn't v8 bashing

But with any car make/model, you will have owners that think their cars are god...so you just have to live with it

BTW: The ss owner from what I have read DID NOT show any cockyness
Old 12-14-2007, 12:23 AM

LOL but this is not what this thread is about....

One fella in a t/a said his t/a would basically put bus lengthjs on a stage 2 ss.

The s2 ss owner wanted to race him to find out...

I don't see anyone bashing v8's here. The t/a has a stock engine. I think your post was pointless in this thread because I see no v8 bashing here. Yes some people made fun of his wheels but THEY don't know the story behind the wheels. But that isn't v8 bashing

But with any car make/model, you will have owners that think their cars are god...so you just have to live with it

BTW: The ss owner from what I have read DID NOT show any cockyness
acctualy my post is not pointless..i did not see anywhere where the t/a said he would rape all stage 2 cobalts..and he infact did beat the stage 2 cobalt...all i saw was a bunch of cobalt members calling his t/a rice and slow and saying cobalt would rape him...which i think validates my point exacly..that alot of cobalt memebers on this site do need to pull their heads out of their ass's and realize that cobalts are not gods gift to earth..granted the cobalt is a great car for ecnomy and is a very quick car, and i would want to see nothing better then a 4 banger destory v8s+..but the chevy cobalt to date (not counting lnf) has very limited potental..and alot of cobalt memebers are turning into exacly what they claim to hate...honda owners
Old 12-14-2007, 12:28 AM

acctualy my post is not pointless..i did not see anywhere where the t/a said he would rape all stage 2 cobalts..and he infact did beat the stage 2 cobalt...all i saw was a bunch of cobalt members calling his t/a rice and slow and saying cobalt would rape him...which i think validates my point exacly..that alot of cobalt memebers on this site do need to pull their heads out of their ass's and realize that cobalts are not gods gift to earth..granted the cobalt is a great car for ecnomy and is a very quick car, and i would want to see nothing better then a 4 banger destory v8s+..but the chevy cobalt to date (not counting lnf) has very limited potental..and alot of cobalt memebers are turning into exacly what they claim to hate...honda owners
You make a good point...I personally never thought the cobalt would rape him but I did think it would be a good race. Our potential is starting to climb though with the turbo kits. We will be hearing cobalts beating up on even modded v8's in the future especially 06black's car with 380whp.

But anyways..................Where are those VIDS!?
Old 12-14-2007, 12:33 AM

You make a good point...I personally never thought the cobalt would rape him but I did think it would be a good race. Our potential is starting to climb though with the turbo kits. We will be hearing cobalts beating up on even modded v8's in the future especially 06black's car with 380whp.

But anyways..................Where are those VIDS!?
i agree the potental is increasing and that with the future and technolgy u will start to see lower displacement cars using forced induction to run faster then high displacement v8's..its the wave of the future and im happy about it..i did not come here to argue that..i came here to call out the people that where calling him a ricer for having what? 20' rims?? what the hell is wrong with that picture? thats what i dont want css.net to turn into..especialy with the LNF being released and alot of "honda" owners who i am sure have their heart set on buying one..will venture over here and cause havok..
Old 12-14-2007, 12:33 AM
Banned

ummmmmmm,

wow I fall asleep for 30 minutes and the world exploded.

Guys John will get the videos trust me their all hilarious from commentary by the camera men especially the one with me and John drove each others cars.
Everyone had fun we all learned something (John learned how to put the transmission in reverse for the balt )

We've all been friends for years so this rivalry thing some people are making out is wrong.
I was just as surprised to hang in the 2-4 and in some cases slightly beating John in the Trans am as some of you guys. John's happy he has someone that gives him an excuse to put the S/C on for.

No I don't believe I'm a f body killer now.
I can't take Gto's (never raced one would be fun thou) to my knowledge and we both have been driving professionally for several years so the whole bad drivers stuff is funny to us.
Considering today was my second day with Stage 2 on and it was my first real experience getting on it I would think thats not to bad and John's had the Trans Am for what 4, 5 years?

Again no I know their are cars that will rape me and trust me I gave up trying to be the fastest years ago. The people I race with our friends I've known for years are people that want to run me and respect my car and not to race cuz they're the **** but respectable people who are usually in their late 20's.
Yes in this area this is a big import scene and 98% are ricers by true definition. But their are still two or three hondas and even a kia I wouldn't dare try to run. I know my place.

So the children bullshit about I'm the fastest is really dumb and people need to grow up. their will always be someone faster and in the ends 30 years from when you look back will any one care what you ran in your xyz car or bike or truck or other mode of transportation?

Alright I'm going to bed hope John has the videos by tomorrow lunchtime.
Peace..
Old 12-14-2007, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Werewolf SS
ummmmmmm,

wow I fall asleep for 30 minutes and the world exploded.

Guys John will get the videos trust me their all hilarious from commentary by the camera men especially the one with me and John drove each others cars.
Everyone had fun we all learned something (John learned how to put the transmission in reverse for the balt )

We've all been friends for years so this rivalry thing some people are making out is wrong.
I was just as surprised to hang in the 2-4 and in some cases slightly beating John in the Trans am as some of you guys. John's happy he has someone that gives him an excuse to put the S/C on for.

No I don't believe I'm a f body killer now.
I can't take Gto's (never raced one would be fun thou) to my knowledge and we both have been driving professionally for several years so the whole bad drivers stuff is funny to us.
Considering today was my second day with Stage 2 on and it was my first real experience getting on it I would think thats not to bad and John's had the Trans Am for what 4, 5 years?

Again no I know their are cars that will rape me and trust me I gave up trying to be the fastest years ago. The people I race with our friends I've known for years are people that want to run me and respect my car and not to race cuz they're the **** but respectable people who are usually in their late 20's.
Yes in this area this is a big import scene and 98% are ricers by true definition. But their are still two or three hondas and even a kia I wouldn't dare try to run. I know my place.

So the children bullshit about I'm the fastest is really dumb and people need to grow up. their will always be someone faster and in the ends 30 years from when you look back will any one care what you ran in your xyz car or bike or truck or other mode of transportation?

Alright I'm going to bed hope John has the videos by tomorrow lunchtime.
Peace..
well said and i by no means direct my "bashing" towards you..it was to the other memebers that called your friend a ricer..totaly uncalled for and childish...well said good sir!
Old 12-14-2007, 12:37 AM

i agree the potental is increasing and that with the future and technolgy u will start to see lower displacement cars using forced induction to run faster then high displacement v8's..its the wave of the future and im happy about it..i did not come here to argue that..i came here to call out the people that where calling him a ricer for having what? 20' rims?? what the hell is wrong with that picture? thats what i dont want css.net to turn into..especialy with the LNF being released and alot of "honda" owners who i am sure have their heart set on buying one..will venture over here and cause havok..
We so totally hi-jacked this thread lol
Old 12-14-2007, 12:37 AM

We so totally hi-jacked this thread lol
oh..to the max..lol
Old 12-14-2007, 12:40 AM

and your poor friend thought he would "rape me", i guess he was not talking about cars. Good race man.

Slo sho i actually agree with a couple of the post you made

Quick Reply: Re-race 98 Trans-Am LS1