War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Re-race 98 Trans-Am LS1

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 01:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lsjwannabe

Slo sho i actually agree with a couple of the post you made
I'm not going to lie, I did with a couple as well
Old 12-14-2007, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by memphisr24
I'm not going to lie, I did with a couple as well
i think i already stated i pretty much agreed with everything he said
Old 12-14-2007, 01:04 AM

The t/a owner from waht I remember is going to get IForged wheels...They are going to look badass when he gets them (don't know which model but they all are sick)
Old 12-14-2007, 01:06 AM

oh..ill give u vids
Old 12-14-2007, 01:50 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Werewolf SS
Alright heres the verdict:

The bet was If I stay within 7 cars of him I get a ricer pic of him pointing at his rims like a retard.
If he beat me by more than 8 I had to come on here and claim all cobalts suck.

All cobalts

Kick all the A$$

The videos will be up by tomorrow if not tonight depending if John can do it or not.
Heres the deal.
We had two cameras, one for each car.
We had the place to ourselves for almost 2 hours and ran at least 7 times and screwed around driving each others cars for awhile.

First race he gets me by 2 to 3 as the video says. = Correct
Second race by one or two. = Correct
Third he says he didn't launch right but I pulled one and a half on him and held to the end winning by a half and that was past the 1/4 mile still going and had to be almost 1/2 a mile. = Disagreement on some of it, yes it was one of my worst launches ever in my car. The problem wasn't that I was not the faster one in that race either it was that somehow I ended up with no room on my side to safely pass so I didn't.

We then did rolls at 30
each roll I'm at the top of 1st gear trying to keep my power band and as soon as he hit I would bounce right of the limiter which means he won the first by 5 = = Correct
second he got 2 = Correct afaik
Third I held one on him tell 4th gear then he started pulling on me but only got up a half before we ran out of room and slowed down. So I one that by a half. = Correct and damn you ****** had to do the quick double hook like I would after I do the first hook when I race other people. I was never expecting you to use my trick.
Fourth the damn limiter again caused me to lose by 3 or 4. = Correct

We then drove each others cars and had a great time. The whole event made the cost of Stage 2 worth it. = Correct. Was great fun man we will have to do it again sometime.
Oh and when John post the video the last one we filmed we were in the Trans Am and I make a shout out to cobaltss.net
And then **** John off with a statement he'll hopefully not edit out. = I forgot the statement pm me it.
Hope the video is uploaded soon. = Sorry should be up tomorrow hopefully.

Can't wait to get that ricer pic John
All my additions are in bold and yea I will let you get the ricer pic even though I won the double or nothing bet.

The t/a owner from waht I remember is going to get IForged wheels...They are going to look badass when he gets them (don't know which model but they all are sick)
Yea after I get all the other **** on my mod to do list done on this car unless I change my mind and save up for an 02 z06 instead.

Originally Posted by SLoW SHO
Regardless of the video's, you have a moron in a 14 second Camaro. And a Cobalt owner amped about losing by 5 cars.
Are you referring to me as the moron, because if so you have already proved your dumbness by referring to my Trans Am as a Camaro. Reading > You.

Last edited by John2k5; 12-14-2007 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-14-2007, 02:40 AM

Trans Am FTW!!!
Old 12-14-2007, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by Wreckless WS6
Trans Am FTW!!!
Indeed, The Bandit concurs with your assesment.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:11 AM

haha
Old 12-14-2007, 10:17 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Trans Am should lose since it's so ugly. Wrong color, and huge wheels. RETARDED! May as well put in a spring lift kit and take that thing off road. Even if he doesn't lose he' still a failure.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Psykostevo
Trans Am should lose since it's so ugly. Wrong color, and huge wheels. RETARDED! May as well put in a spring lift kit and take that thing off road. Even if he doesn't lose he' still a failure.
Damn your slow. Making fun of the rims is 6 months old now. Now making fun of the color is a new one to me since its a stock gm color thats hard to find and most people like. Its quite funny, only jokes I get are about the rims and everyone that has seen them in person likes or loves them. **** I have had about 5 people ask me when I am selling them so they can buy them and I got the most compliments about the car when I put them on. Videos should be up tonight hopefully.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:52 AM

You guys are talking about comparing mod to mod on a 4 cyl to a v8, that's all bullshit!! what about starting out comparing the price of the cars new!!! so a new mustang for example would cost around 28000, so then you give the cobalt about 8000 dollars worth of mods to even the playing field and then let the mustang strt modding. I think that is an even assesment of the situation!
Old 12-14-2007, 11:17 AM

haha john2k. your car is gay.evertime i see that pic.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:39 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by John2k5
Damn your slow. Making fun of the rims is 6 months old now. Now making fun of the color is a new one to me since its a stock gm color thats hard to find and most people like. Its quite funny, only jokes I get are about the rims and everyone that has seen them in person likes or loves them. **** I have had about 5 people ask me when I am selling them so they can buy them and I got the most compliments about the car when I put them on. Videos should be up tonight hopefully.
I gave you **** about the rims a while back too. Opinion hasn't changed on them although I understand your story about rims+tires=cheaper than putting tires on stock rims.

I just don't care for green colored cars with the exception of some kind of neon green on certain cars (Lotus for example).

Originally Posted by mandk1229
You guys are talking about comparing mod to mod on a 4 cyl to a v8, that's all bullshit!! what about starting out comparing the price of the cars new!!! so a new mustang for example would cost around 28000, so then you give the cobalt about 8000 dollars worth of mods to even the playing field and then let the mustang strt modding. I think that is an even assesment of the situation!
But then you could compare their durability, retained resale value, amenities (luxury), P-magnet factor, etc.

Last edited by Psykostevo; 12-14-2007 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-14-2007, 12:13 PM

haha he bought them at wheelguyz.com. just wait till he has to buy tires for them suckers. thats why i stayed with 17in rims. 100 for the each front tire and 170 for each back tire(315 d/r). Then i dont have to feel if i ran over a penny or dime.

its the wigger factory i think.

Last edited by Anti Venom; 12-14-2007 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-14-2007, 02:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by John2k5
Are you referring to me as the moron, because if so you have already proved your dumbness by referring to my Trans Am as a Camaro. Reading > You.
Doesn't matter, go to the track so you can run 14's.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:38 PM

Not everyone is about speed
Old 12-14-2007, 02:40 PM
Banned

Smile

Not everyone is about speed
Then he shouldn't have bought a Trans am.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:43 PM

Hey, I know of this woman that lives around the block from me....well used to...I think she moved....I have talked to her a couple of times...has a Torrid Red 04 GTO....auto...Bone stock...she says she bought it because she liked the way it looked and the color. I asked her if she races it and she said no and that she's too old for that.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:45 PM

must be troll day
Old 12-14-2007, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by BlueSS-supercharged
must be troll day

Old 12-14-2007, 02:50 PM
Banned

Hey, I know of this woman that lives around the block from me....well used to...I think she moved....I have talked to her a couple of times...has a Torrid Red 04 GTO....auto...Bone stock...she says she bought it because she liked the way it looked and the color. I asked her if she races it and she said no and that she's too old for that.
But she's not a 20 yr old kid who is out racing everyday with 20 inch rims.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:20 PM
Banned

SloW SHO....

John isn't out racing everyday.
we all made fun of his rims but for the deal he got them for and the fact that if you saw them in person they actually look good on the car. It makes it unique. How does changing your rims to 20's make you rice?
The SS S/C rides on 18's that only 2 inchs diffrence.
And heres the funny thing.
He has better traction with the 20's then the stock 16's.
Back on the 16's any time he hit it the car went sideways and would never grip. Almost had to launch like we do.
With the 20's he can hit it and the car stays straight as an arrow.

I understand everyone is entitled to thier opinion but you haven't made any real sense.
The people starting the bashing need to understand yeah a joke here a joke thier is fine but your not joking your dead serious.
And the whole John talks alot of **** he asked for it excuse doesn't fly.
Think of this. He hadn't even posted yet and anti-venom jumps up and says
god i hate that car. swerve into it and total the piece. Those 20's haha we shall call him the rolling pop cans haha.
okay if you were joking thats cool but joking to provoke someone is diffrent.
What does John say?
Good I glad you hate it. It means I'm doing something right.
And from thier everyone jumped him.

Heres a clue:
Projekt is right in saying that some people (no names) on this form are just like the Honda kids we hate so much. You need to have respect for the other persons car. No matter what they've done to it. Put a giant fart can on it. Okay maybe they like the sound.
Big wing hey it's their car. Now if they claim science that makes no sense or how that 5in muffler gave them 45 hp then you don't call them gay or teh gayz or someother thing involving gay because thats all people can say now adays is gay. I calmly tell them how they do not make that power and the scientific reason behind it. I do repectfully to. At that point if they want to pull more bs out thier rear I leave em alone. Not worth it.

Being fast and being an ******* means no one respects you even if you ran xbc in the 1/4.
Now being fast but respectful and humble you'll be suprised that you get the same respect back from others. You meet people who look up to you because you repect them.

Besides who cares what a car can run.
You know why?
It's a bunch of metal, plastic, and rubber that like all things slowly distegrate to dust no matter how much you work on it.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:26 PM

ha werewolf comes in with the kill, keep them trolls outa here

Old 12-14-2007, 03:43 PM
Banned

Just talked to John he's running into some issues with getting the video converted over but he's taking care of it so shouldn't be much longer.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:46 PM

LMFAO!!!!!

Quick Reply: Re-race 98 Trans-Am LS1