War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

For real guys...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For real guys...

OK I see alot of redundancy in this area, and if I may suggest to cut it down. We already know what a stock SS S/C can beat. We know it beats GTI, R32, STI, SI, keeps up with a LS1 GTO, gets stomped by Z06, LS2 GTO, etc etc etc. You catch my drift. Please stop posting senseless kills...the ones that we already know the outcome just by reading the title. On the other hand. If you are modded and you encounter something rare...mercedes, bmw, audi, something that might rise question "can a stock S/C beat this?" then by all means post away. I'm all for reading a nice kill story, but i can point out like 100000 pages of a SS S/C racing a GTO, then it turns into a 7 page argument. Come on guys... untill then safe racing, dont get caught, and hopefully you dont loose (specially to a honda or ford)
Old 06-18-2007, 09:45 PM

I think your screen name says it all. So what if people want to share their kills. This place is for that, the cobalt community to have fun and post things like that. Ohh well to each his own, your enititled to your opinion.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by R&C_rallySS
I think your screen name says it all.
That one kinda went over my head?
Old 06-18-2007, 09:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When your right your right! +rep given. But don't forget that even if been posted516843873468438731843546 times before if its the first time YOU beat the car its news worthy to you. I know it gets old but you don't have to click on every thread started either.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:50 PM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Jackalope
When your right your right! +rep given. But don't forget that even if been posted516843873468438731843546 times before if its the first time YOU beat the car its news worthy to you. I know it gets old but you don't have to click on every thread started either.
+1 rep for that(only i cant rep you again till i spread some around)
Old 06-18-2007, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by REIGNftSOLDIER
+1 rep for that(only i cant rep you again till i spread some around)
I know that feeling.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:51 PM

How about just making a sticky thread that posts confirmed kills for the stock SS. Then point everyone to that sticky..............have nothing but true results.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by betterthanbad
How about just making a sticky thread that posts confirmed kills for the stock SS. Then point everyone to that sticky..............have nothing but true results.
That is a killer idea. I would love to make that sticky, but I think it should be video taped. I know I can video the GTI...and a stock 350Z...but I don't know neone with these cars. I could easily do it too cuz I am bone stock, so it would help lots of people to see videos of a bone stock car versus all these others.
And I understand I dont have to read every thread, but I mean instead of making a new GTO kill thread...add on to an existing one. It might help prove the point to stop the arguing...
Old 06-18-2007, 09:55 PM

well.............you could break it down to just the facts and then add a vid of each kill to each fact!!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2007, 10:06 PM

thats what I'm saying. I can't get videos of the SI, or sti and such. All I can do is post what car and driver says, which cant be trusted cuz they did say that the GTI was faster than the SS S/C, and I demolished a gti...so...i dont really have way of PROVING.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:12 PM

The only problem with said sticky with the OP's list is a stock Cobalt has a snow ***** chance in hell against an STi. No, a stock Cobalt will not kill an STi.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:15 PM

I just thought about it over a smoke and a beer and..................you could limit it to track times only with slips and completely stock vehicles. Then, using statistics, you could say that a stock SS/SC could only run between these times...........x....and y. Then do the same with each other vehicle. Then, the cool thing that would happen is....................that you would see that maybe the best driver could only beat car x.......or, even the worst driver would still beat car y. All done with track times only and no casualties of war. And would eliminate other variables like road conditions, weather, others in the car etc.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
The only problem with said sticky with the OP's list is a stock Cobalt has a snow ***** chance in hell against an STi. No, a stock Cobalt will not kill an STi.
Maybe...I dunno, never really raced one. I just said that up there cuz I've seen a couple posts where dudes have beaten them, I didn't see thier mod list. Speakn of STi's, this fat honda boy who has a 203whp integra claims he stomped an STi, I threw the BS flag cuz they are like 300 hp, maybe 270 to the wheel? but he threw in the weight card, said he weighed like 2400lbs and an sti weighs like 3200 or sumthin i ono...i hate that kid. but anyway
Old 06-18-2007, 10:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
they arent coming here to inform you that an SS can beat XXX car....
they are here to tell you a story of THEM doing it.
if you dont like it....dont come in here and read it. most of the time the war stories section isnt worth reading anyway.

a sticky for confirmed kills?!??? haha
a thread devoted to bench racing. brilliant.

ANYTHING can happen in the real world.
just because a car SHOULD beat another car.... means nothing.
thats the whole point of talking about it.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by betterthanbad
I just thought about it over a smoke and a beer and..................you could limit it to track times only with slips and completely stock vehicles. Then, using statistics, you could say that a stock SS/SC could only run between these times...........x....and y. Then do the same with each other vehicle. Then, the cool thing that would happen is....................that you would see that maybe the best driver could only beat car x.......or, even the worst driver would still beat car y. All done with track times only and no casualties of war. And would eliminate other variables like road conditions, weather, others in the car etc.
well teh problem with that is, I'm not that familiar with taking what car and driver says and saying "car x can run between 1 and 2" I dont live around a 1/4 mile track either. The only thing I can think of is me and the guys around here finding some guys and videoing me (im the only one stock) with some of them, and posting car and driver times.

Originally Posted by an0malous
if you dont like it....dont come in here and read it. most of the time the war stories section isnt worth reading anyway.

True... but lets just say hypothetically my stock ass races a bugatti veyeron. This guy launches horrible, misses 2nd and 3rd, and we get to 90 and im still ahead of him when i shut down. That means I won...i beat a bugatti. Granted, that may have really happend in the real world, but if i post that, everyone will "know" its bullshit. My whole thing is like the gto thing. Everyone knows what you need to beat the LS1 and LS2, but people post anyway, and arguing occurs. I'm just voicing an opinion maybe trying to eliminate some of the arguing...that and i have a big problem with repeating myself and hearing the same ****. It's my personal problem, it just bugs me.

Having said that, I didn't post this thread to start an argument, or start ****...I just did it as a suggestion thing.

Last edited by SS BEEOTCH; 06-18-2007 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-18-2007, 10:35 PM

That's why I said bench racing..........................there are toooooo many veriables with street racing. That's why accidents happen.

All you have to do is start the thread..........then as people post there slips just cut and paste to the start of the thread. Leave it to track times only and everyone will be happy.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
nor can a STOCK SS hang anywhere close with a LS1 GTO
Old 06-19-2007, 02:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SS BEEOTCH
True... but lets just say hypothetically my stock ass races a bugatti veyeron. This guy launches horrible, misses 2nd and 3rd, and we get to 90 and im still ahead of him when i shut down. That means I won...i beat a bugatti. Granted, that may have really happend in the real world, but if i post that, everyone will "know" its bullshit. My whole thing is like the gto thing. Everyone knows what you need to beat the LS1 and LS2, but people post anyway, and arguing occurs. .

your not getting it man.
you DID beat the bugatti.
its NOT bs.
if we want to know who SHOULD win....thats called bench racing, or magazine racing
and its lame.

what happens in the real world....is REAL.
not whether or not it corresponds to car and drivers numbers.

who cares what a car is supposed to beat....
a win is a win. if that douche spent that much money on a veyron and cant drive for ****....he deserved to be beaten by whatever raced him.

the SI is SUPPOSED to beat the 2.4......
so does that mean any time a 2.4 snaps one off with better driving....it shouldnt be posted? because we know its not meant to happen?
Old 06-19-2007, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by SS BEEOTCH
OK I see alot of redundancy in this area, and if I may suggest to cut it down. We already know what a stock SS S/C can beat. We know it beats GTI, R32, STI, SI, keeps up with a LS1 GTO, gets stomped by Z06, LS2 GTO, etc etc etc. You catch my drift. Please stop posting senseless kills...the ones that we already know the outcome just by reading the title. On the other hand. If you are modded and you encounter something rare...mercedes, bmw, audi, something that might rise question "can a stock S/C beat this?" then by all means post away. I'm all for reading a nice kill story, but i can point out like 100000 pages of a SS S/C racing a GTO, then it turns into a 7 page argument. Come on guys... untill then safe racing, dont get caught, and hopefully you dont loose (specially to a honda or ford)
180 some posts and a member for less than a month and you're making suggestions as to how the war stories section should be managed . Dude, either read it or not, if u dont care move on. How it affects you I have no idea.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by an0malous

Actually by saying it needs to be a sticky and that SS's regularly kills STi's he is in fact doing that. (When I say regularly I mean that one time his cousins uncles brothers best friend had a car that raced an STi and he also raced that car and by way of beating the other car, beat the STi) I agree with you that anything can happen on the street and a win is a win, but stock Cobalt's are not even close to STi's. If you have a problem with that don't support ridiculous claims. And having owned both when I see something outrageous I'll speak up so as not let people get the wrong idea about what their can and can't do. Next thing you'll have the Cobalt lining up next to a space shuttle.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:35 AM

that would be interesting... war stories meant for war stories. my 2c
Old 06-19-2007, 12:29 PM

who cares...this forum (war stories) would be half way dead if we couldn't post similar kills. lame rule if you ask me.

lets just tell an official company to race every car out there with mods a, b, and c...then we won't have to street race ever again.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:32 AM

I used to like reading the War Stories because they used to be stories. Ya get a little background, maybe a laugh or two, etc etc.. but as it evolves it looks like video will take over and no more reading about how somebody felt or what led to the race. Only a few actually have stories any more. Oh well theres my 2c
Old 06-20-2007, 02:56 PM

for the record if you raced a veyron and the guy missed second and third, he would probably still beat you
Old 06-20-2007, 03:00 PM

the problem with posting up reputable kills is that no one will believe you... so the only thing you can post that wont turn into some arguement are kills that you know the ss/sc can beat... and most of those turn into some kind of arguement anyway too

Quick Reply: For real guys...