War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Rematch Race +1. Cobalt vs Prelude vs Acura RL

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 04:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rematch Race +1. Cobalt vs Prelude vs Acura RL

ok this was my roomie and his little brother and we all figured why not lets see what we have.

1st run me vs 92 Prelude 5 spd CAI only(h23 non vtec)

Went from a dig. 0-90 he got me. But the wierd thing was he pulled 1/2 car on me in 1st. Pulled out the rest of the car to 80. At 80 I began to slowly pull back up on him but not enough for the win.

So they decided to race since I had previously won against the RL 2 times. So we they honk off and do a 35mph punch and im behind them chasing. the prelude gets the rl by 2-3 car lengths.

Ok so we line up me and the RL. We go for a dig again. We launch fairly evenly with him coming around me around 80-85mph. THen we shut down.

So kinda a loss but eh no big deal.

So we all figure one last run. We get out on the highway its dead it was late so it was fairly safe. (it is street racing ... )

We slow to 40 with no one behind us and no one close infront and honk off. We take off I pull a bit on the prelude and am holding him off but left it in I and it bounced off the rev limiter so the RL and the Prelude pull away a bit. I get it into D and resume but theyve pulled a car on me. The RL pulls out another half car till 80 and stops. The Prelude im slowly pulling back up on. We hit 90 and I begin to pull decently up on the Prelude and inching up on the RL. Well I shut down due to traffic but their lanes were clear so they kept on for a bit more.

Now im a bone stock 08 Sport auto cobalt. But why was I pulling up on these cars at 80 and above? They were both fairly shocked as well. They thought the prelude was going to rip me a new ass from a dig. But I spun about 2-5 feet and only lost a half car on him with me pulling in the end. Honestly I wouldve figured both of these cars would of pulled me top end. But I started reeling them back in.

92 Prelude SR 5 spd(Canadian model)
98 RL

Any thoughts on this?