War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Ricer excuses

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 05:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS
I havent heard any excuses .... lucky I guess.
In fact last run in with a civic buddy was yapping about my car and his civic, and after finally getting served, wouldnt race anymore and just said "No way man , you're rolling much to fast for this car..." I was speachless, and never expected that.

God +1, there will be excuses on both sides of the fence, but dont stereo type all us Cobalt SC owners as only being willing to race from a roll, becuase you have no clue, and cant speak on behalf of anyone. So, stfu please and stop trying to stir the pot.. I race from a dig all the time and I dont expect to beat STI's etc. I do however KILL most that come knocking (never lost to a honda yet, but they are out there) and I will be the first to admit defeat. I drive a 4 cyl cobalt, I dont expect to rule the world, but I do expect people to not stereotype and be an ass.

I guess I am that .1 % that will race from a dig then? Pack it up and take it with you...... .
How did I stereotype or be an ass??? Oh that's right just like the OP did. Also I never said all SS/SC race from a roll and curious how I don't have a clue??? How long have you been on this site?

Also if you "KILL most that come knocking" you need to step out of the kiddy pool and start running cars other than ones that some stock minivans can beat.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:22 PM

I do roll races most of the time cause thats what the other guys wants to do. Not to mention I'm on a highway and its not a good idea to come to a complete stop when there are people behind you. If I get to a light and someone is there that wants to go, I"ll go from the stop. If its a car that is AWD I know I'm going to loose but I go anyway. I just try to get them from the roll after the dig.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Smarty Art
I do roll races most of the time cause thats what the other guys wants to do. Not to mention I'm on a highway and its not a good idea to come to a complete stop when there are people behind you. If I get to a light and someone is there that wants to go, I"ll go from the stop. If its a car that is AWD I know I'm going to loose but I go anyway. I just try to get them from the roll after the dig.
Ugggg... stop racing from street lights and on highways especially if there are other people around.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:34 PM
Sab

Originally Posted by Witt
I nuked my GSR tranny last week, so I'm only running an LS one for now.

You won cause I have a vacuum/boost/fuel/exhaust/manifold leak. But its getting fixed next week.

I started in the wrong gear/at the wrong speed.

I let off early, so you only actually pulled a bumper on me.

I can't go that fast until I get new brake pads put on, safety first.

that one seems to be the favorite around here... I heard it aleast 3 times.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:47 PM

I lost to the Honda turtle from above... I think he runs low 10 at the track
Old 11-30-2006, 05:48 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 410 Likes on 352 Posts
I forgot to turn my boost on.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Who cares?

Fact is no matter what car owner you run against, they may make excuses...does that make them a "ricer"? No, it does not make them a food item.

What is it with you guys and this whole rice fascination?

Some of you guys need lives where all you can do is try and put down and degrade people who own a car that you don't agree on what they look like, so automatically they are classified in some unknown class of car owners as "ricers". It reminds me of people who own "girl cars". If a girl owns a car, it's a girl car...well women own every car that a man does so every car is a girl car...see my point? It makes absolutely no sense. It's a waste of ignorance.

Just end it with all this rice bullshit and grow up, please.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:19 PM
Banned

My favorite of all time is

MY V-TAKKKKK DIDN'T KICK IN YET

Had that used "against" me in several situations
Old 11-30-2006, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by NJHK
Who cares?

Fact is no matter what car owner you run against, they may make excuses...does that make them a "ricer"? No, it does not make them a food item.

Some of you guys need lives where all you can do is try and put down and degrade people who own a car that you don't agree on what they look like, so automatically they are classified in some unknown class of car owners as "ricers". It reminds me of people who own "girl cars". If a girl owns a car, it's a girl car...well women own every car that a man does so every car is a girl car...see my point? It makes absolutely no sense. It's a waste of ignorance.

^^^Thats my dad^^^ Thanks daddy
Old 11-30-2006, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by NJHK
Who cares?

Agreed

But some cars such as a VW bug or a scion Xb, are the very pinnacle of women-based marketing. So i can definately see them as being classified as girl cars.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by LandonElf
Agreed

But some cars such as a VW bug or a scion Xb, are the very pinnacle of women-based marketing. So i can definately see them as being classified as girl cars.
My mother has the new 06 beetle it has a five banger in it.But its very girly and yellow
Old 11-30-2006, 06:43 PM

outsise of the typical 19 year old drivin a mid-nineties civic, most people here in Vancouver who drive hondas and such dont want to mess with a cobalt. but a good one I heard from a guy in a celica was "his air pressure in his tires were off"
Old 11-30-2006, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by That Cobalt LT Guy
^^^Thats my dad^^^ Thanks daddy
I don't know if that was a compliment or not...
Old 11-30-2006, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by god+1
How is this any different from the 99.9% of Cobalt owners that only race from a roll???

I hear it all the time, "I can beat you from a roll", "but your Cobalt will kill STIs/EVOs from a roll" "If I put the 10k difference in MSRPs, I would kill your car"

Or "At least its not a Neon...our interior is better... we can handle better"

So maybe you guys should rethink that it's only "riced out" civics that bring out the "ricer excuses"

ya know....if your gonna spend every minute of your time on this forum trying to be witty and play devils advocate against every cobalt owner that expresses an opinion you BETTER start toning it down a bit on your accusations.

99.9% of cobalt owners......

do you ever contribute positively? or just sit back waiting for your chance to jump up on the table and point at someone saying RICE RICE RICE.....YOUR JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHERS!!!

**** you and the subie you rode in on.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by an0malous
ya know....if your gonna spend every minute of your time on this forum trying to be witty and play devils advocate against every cobalt owner that expresses an opinion you BETTER start toning it down a bit on your accusations.

do you ever contribute positively? or just sit back waiting for your chance to jump up on the table and point at someone saying RICE RICE RICE.....YOUR JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHERS!!!

I can understand your anger but I think some people take him in the wrong light sometimes. The "99.9%" is an exaggeration and shouldn't really be taken literally. He personally likes Cobalts but just dislikes the attitudes of some Cobalt owners, which honestly, I feel the same way. Love the ECOTEC engine, can't stand some of the attitudes of the owners but I'm not going to classify a Cobalt with bad owners.

Heck, he even almost bought an SS/SC.

You of course have your opinion which is understandable but just giving another point of view of the situation.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:42 PM
Banned

Fanboi ^^^^

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...9&postcount=19

Non-Fanboi^^^^

Read some of my posts just today, I tried helping a Redline owner get tires and look what he did. I don't insult people every chance I get or tell them "**** you". I post facts. And like 2 people already said I exaggerated the 99.9% like the OP said. If you would stop being closed minded you would see, I am not a bad guy AT ALL.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:46 PM

nice edit.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:49 PM

Community People!

Oh look—there's yet another thread hating on Cobalt drivers. Go figure. It's even on our site.

We need to get our act together and act like a community.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:51 PM
Banned

nice edit.
lol, I meant to hit "preview post" and accidentally hit "submit reply".
Old 11-30-2006, 07:51 PM

I dont see cobalt owners hating on eachother in this thread actually.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:55 PM

So Wasey do you post facts or exagerations? You claim both in this thread. Everytime a negative post comes up I see your screen name. You've been banned at least 10 times when are you going to get the message? Is your life really that pathetic? Is this all you have to do?
Old 11-30-2006, 07:57 PM

I dont see cobalt owners hating on eachother in this thread actually.
I smell, *sniff* *sniff* STI Troll. Another episode of Wasey is retarded, I wonder if he'll realize his parents loved him after all and leaves at the conclusion of this thread.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:00 PM

Might not be in this thread but I've seen him actually give someone some facts and pointers. I could show you a thread where he actually tried giving the guy advice without being rude and the guy totally blew him off like he didn't know what he was talking about.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:02 PM

not every post. but every day there is at least 1 or 2 threads dominated by this troll king.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
So Wasey do you post facts or exagerations? You claim both in this thread. Everytime a negative post comes up I see your screen name. You've been banned at least 10 times when are you going to get the message? Is your life really that pathetic? Is this all you have to do?
Facts. I was mocking the OP by saying '99.9%', some people picked up on it. Everytime??? It is closer to 20x. No. No.

Quick Reply: Ricer excuses