War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Ricer excuses

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CbYellowSS
wow there is alot of **** to say about god+1

he has useful info and i personally think that by him being here either the noobs will leave by his critisizing or grow up

...think about it this way ******* ok...YOU WERE ALL NEWBS AT ONE POINT IN TIME OR ANOTHER..so if the newbs leave...then where the hell is this website gonna be in 5 years...oh yah thats right...non existent...the new members who are learning this stuff. well they are the future of this website ok...just like u were at one point to...so before u go sayin that God +1 is a good person cuz he makes newbies leave...think about the future of this forum....god+1 should die..he is an incredible waste of skin and breath.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by kingg5
...think about it this way ******* ok...YOU WERE ALL NEWBS AT ONE POINT IN TIME OR ANOTHER..so if the newbs leave...then where the hell is this website gonna be in 5 years...oh yah thats right...non existent...the new members who are learning this stuff. well they are the future of this website ok...just like u were at one point to...so before u go sayin that God +1 is a good person cuz he makes newbies leave...think about the future of this forum....god+1 should die..he is an incredible waste of skin and breath.
And you are defining your self as a troll like i said in my last post. no good information to give and just call people names. Now tell me why you shouldn't be banned like the rest?
Old 12-01-2006, 05:58 PM

lol hows it going guys im new here... yeah i got a bunch of friends who are honda freaks and they say the only way that they will race me is if i start from a dig and the role past me and like 10mphs lol idk i think its funny, and they also say that if my car wasn't supercharged that they would eat my car... yeah ok
Old 12-01-2006, 06:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
all i can say is....how dare you be a fanboy of your own car on your own cars forum

HOW DARE YOU.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:47 PM

this is copy pasted from http://www.urbandictionary.com
for a possible definition?

1. ricer 1425 up, 145 down

(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.

Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.

1. rice rocket 146 up, 31 down

Derogatory term once used by domestic motorcycle enthusiasts to deride the new Japanese motorcycles that were coming to market.

Recently adopted by critics of a recent wave of self-modified Japanese import
automobiles, particularly those that are held to have been altered in poor taste.

Critics defend the use of the term due to the garish appearance and lacking performance of some such vehicles. Some critics, however, often cannot discern accurately the difference between merely garish modified vehicles and those that are tuned to high-performance levels.

The term 'rice' is intended to describe the "Japanese" nature of the offending vehicles. Modified small-displacement cars, however, are increasingly seem to be both domestic and imported.

We ran a few rice rockets on the freeway last night, smoked some guy in his S2000 but the guy in the Supra twin-turbo took our asses to school!

by T.D. Jan 20, 2003 email it
permalink: del.icio.us
Send to a friend
your email:
their email:
send me the word of the day (it's free)

rice rocket images
Proof that rice rockets needn't be expensive

2. rice rocket 103 up, 23 down

Any member of the front-drive, inexpensive, usually 4 cylinder powered class of automobiles that has had extensive appearance and stereo modifications in order to look fast, but in reality, is NOT fast. A 'rice rocket' is usually characterized by a high sticker-to-horsepower ratio, massive Boeing 747 wing (apparently to hold the rear wheels on the ground), and an exhaust sound somewhere between a lawnmower and a jetski.

"How much did daddy pay for your rice rocket, Tristan?"

by bastard Jan 16, 2003 email it
3. rice rocket 62 up, 17 down

A slow car, usually a 4 cylinder mitsubishi lancer or hyundai excel that is 'riced' up by the owner by putting stickers all over it and adding a rear wing (for extra downforce on the rear to improve acceleration in their front wheel drive car). Other common 'modifications' include the infamous 'drain pipe' exhaust system, and 'lowering' - which is done by cutting the springs with a pair of pliers or tin-snips. The drivers of these sorts of cars are usually young teenagers who have no clue about cars, and actually think their car is 'fast' - and then either refuse to race a decent car (because they know they'll get annihilated), or get absolutely humiliated when they do.

The other night this guy in this rice rocket was revving his engine at the lights, trying to get me to race him... so I laughed a bit at first, then thought 'hmm why not'. He took off as fast as he could, and was wondering why he couldn't pass me when I was just staying beside him at half-throttle. Then I dropped back a gear and nailed it, hitting full-boost and leaving the poor ricer in a cloud of smoke about 15 car lengths behind.

by David Mar 27, 2003 email it
4. rice rocket 54 up, 19 down

Signs of a rice rocket:
1) Came with a 4 banger
2) Now "tricked" out
3) Uses laughing gas to go faster, which is ironic seeing as how the whole idea is a joke
4) Gay writing on the windshield. This is usually the drivers' name in Olde English (just in case they forgot their name during the run) or the brand of car they run (just in case you couldn't tell under all the body kits and stickers)
5) Gets smoked on the quarter-mile by an 80-year old Jewish woman driving a Continental.

Fast and the Furious was a good movie until I realized, to my horror, that I paid money to watch it.

by Shawn E. Jun 11, 2003 email it
5. rice rocket 39 up, 9 down

The term rice rocket was for motorcycles not cars, originally. The term came out before cars were modified in the way they are now. Rice rockets usually described Japanese bikes that were superior performers off the line, were more likely one up bikes, and cafe style, before european cafe was cool. Further, Most Harley bikers knew they would be smoked in a drag race so to save face, knowing they were more in love with tradition than technology, had to rationalize their decision making process in purchasing a knowingly inferior product by, coining the term "rice rocket.

Those guys on their "rice rockets" don't know what real biking is all about!

by wayne's world Apr 6, 2004 email it
6. rice rocket 20 up, 7 down

Slow ass 4-cylinder car with a slew of cheap mods. These can include a "coffee-can" exhaust, performance parts stickers, rims, tinted windows, and the always necessary unpainted wing. There are rare versions that are actually respectable, but most are downright laughable.

Some honda pulled up to me with a tach-light for shifting and started revving. I managed to crush him two times in a row with 4 people in my truck, a full tank of gas, and studded snow tires. That's what 5.7 liters and 330 pounds of torque does.

by Jason Dec 8, 2003 email it
7. rice rocket 24 up, 12 down

A vehicle driven that is generally not meant to go fast, yet has the apperance of being a race-like car. A driver of a rice-rocket is a rice boy.

Why do people do up ******* Honda Civics and make them "look" sporty when they are girls cars. I hate those crappy "rice rockets".

by Champ Feb 25, 2002 email it
Old 12-01-2006, 09:36 PM

Well to talk about what this is about, I think that you get rediculous answers because they lose more often than not. They say these things because they cannot accept that their car is a slow POS, and give you respect for having a quick car.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:43 PM

I hear the "You have 4 more cylinders than me" a lot.. lol
Old 12-01-2006, 09:46 PM
Banned

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...ht=intercooler

Newb gets help from god+1, newb thanks god+1. Fellow cobalt owners flame newb, got+1 does not.

Fanbois flame god+1, god+1 doesn't flame anyone. Fanbois ignore facts, god+1 posts them.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/parts-66/wanted-slicks-drag-radials-39691/

god+1 helps newb, newb flames god+1 AND fellow cobalt owner. god+1 does not flame until newb thinks he is smarter than god+1 AND fellow cobalt owner.

Cobalt fanbois are hypocritical to all other fanbois especially Honda fanbois. god+1 dislikes all fanbois and likes ALL cars. Fanbois hate god+1, a lot of Cobalt owners like god+1. Fanbois troll god+1 posts, god+1 doesn't troll at all. Fanbois travel in packs, god+1 has multiple personalties (SNs). god+1 got rid of the greatest fanboi, wesman. Fanbois suck, god+1 is great.

3rd person and revising FTW!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 10:56 PM

first of all you coming out and calling me names doesnt seem very respectful...

and yes i might not have stated the "noob" thing clearly but im meaning it as some people dont deserve to be here.... yes we were all noobs once and we either "grew up" like i said or are still noobs

the people who dont "grow up" and dont learn from being a noob should be criticized and should leave this forums...

and i didnt say he was a good person i said he had some great points

yes i do disagree how he portrays some of his points but if someone is saying something like they no what they are talking about when the obviously dont god+1 and many others will point out the mistakes

this is where they accept that they didnt know, learn from it, and "grow up" like i said or they should eventually leave

i care about the noobs who want to learn and be the "future" and will take the teachings of others but not the noobs who think they know it all
Old 12-01-2006, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by god+1
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...ht=intercooler

Newb gets help from god+1, newb thanks god+1. Fellow cobalt owners flame newb, got+1 does not.

Fanbois flame god+1, god+1 doesn't flame anyone. Fanbois ignore facts, god+1 posts them.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39691

god+1 helps newb, newb flames god+1 AND fellow cobalt owner. god+1 does not flame until newb thinks he is smarter than god+1 AND fellow cobalt owner.

Cobalt fanbois are hypocritical to all other fanbois especially Honda fanbois. god+1 dislikes all fanbois and likes ALL cars. Fanbois hate god+1, a lot of Cobalt owners like god+1. Fanbois troll god+1 posts, god+1 doesn't troll at all. Fanbois travel in packs, god+1 has multiple personalties (SNs). god+1 got rid of the greatest fanboi, wesman. Fanbois suck, god+1 is great.

3rd person and revising FTW!!!
HAHAHA nice and controlled ownage....I like it.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:37 PM

Well I also have to admit something, I have used ricer excuses one time out of being pissed off. Situation- I was going up a bridge a lane away from a heavily modded ws6 in a stock (intake, bov) 97 eclipse gst. I started to give it some gas and the firebird flies by me. We both get stopped at the light and he startes making fun of my "stock" car. How small of a dick do you have to have to yell at a guy that you would beat stock if you were even racing, so I gave him my , wtf you are heavily modded, three times the displacement, etc. Well after I cooled off, I thought it was pretty funny. I call it my "Small dicked flyby" story.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by HotSauce
I hear the "You have 4 more cylinders than me" a lot.. lol
Ok, me and you race, I lose knowling, and say that a really nice car. That's the way I approach racing an automotive icon. By the way, nice car.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by tcolli17
Ok, me and you race, I lose knowling, and say that a really nice car. That's the way I approach racing an automotive icon. By the way, nice car.
Haha its what my friend with an RSX-S always says to me, yet he also goes "4 cylinders are just as good as 8", then he throws the "well, you have 4 more cylinders so its not fair" at me. lol Thanks for the compliment, same to your car. If the dealer didn't take so long getting the cobalt SS/SC I ordered (i stare everytime i see one on the road), I'd be driving one instead of my GTO
Old 12-01-2006, 11:57 PM

"I would have so won if my hat was on backwards"
Old 12-02-2006, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by SS_Ry
"I would have so won if my hat was on backwards"
i call bs, tell me somebody actually said that one
Old 12-03-2006, 10:21 PM

damn looks like the bickering has stopped

+1 for team (something that i have not thought up yet but as soon as i do will be trademarked so BOOOOYA)
Old 12-04-2006, 08:46 AM

The best excuse is either.
A- I thought i saw a cop a mile down.
B- I wasnt paying attention to the light. even though u know they were.
C- i wasnt trying.
those are the three most common for me at least.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:16 AM

this thread has been killed
Old 12-04-2006, 10:33 AM

i just beat a honda civic light to light, in my 6000 lb minivan, lol. AWD rules.
winter here tho, he had no traction even with steelies. my steelies have studded grips
mounted.we were both looking to jockey for position, and when he saw me speed up for the change, he booted it, so then i did, and i blew past him as he was all over the road trying to accel. lol he really gave me a funny look at the next light.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by splink
i call bs, tell me somebody actually said that one
hahaha i wish...but sadly....im sure someone has said it somewhere
Old 12-04-2006, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by god+1
How did I stereotype or be an ass??? Oh that's right just like the OP did. Also I never said all SS/SC race from a roll and curious how I don't have a clue??? How long have you been on this site?

Also if you "KILL most that come knocking" you need to step out of the kiddy pool and start running cars other than ones that some stock minivans can beat.
Longer than you obviously 9-28-06 > 11-07-06 and if you are going by posts...everytime i see one of your posts...you are causing trouble...BTW how about you show us a picture of you and your car and prove to us you actually belong here!
Old 12-04-2006, 08:50 PM
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you are tired of hearing excuses, stop street racing and take it to the track. never once have i heard an excuse there. if you race where the ricers race then you will get excuses.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 410 Likes on 352 Posts
Originally Posted by DC52NV
if you are tired of hearing excuses, stop street racing and take it to the track. never once have i heard an excuse there. if you race where the ricers race then you will get excuses.
Damn straight.

DC52NV = The Man
Old 12-04-2006, 09:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 06CobaltLSSilver
Longer than you obviously 9-28-06 > 11-07-06 and if you are going by posts...everytime i see one of your posts...you are causing trouble...BTW how about you show us a picture of you and your car and prove to us you actually belong here!
You have not been here longer than me. And I have posted pics of my car already.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:13 PM

why does everyone care about street racing vs. track racing, 99% of the people at the track street race from what ive seen.

Quick Reply: Ricer excuses