War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

The rusted Shadow, and Exhibition of Speed.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The rusted Shadow, and Exhibition of Speed.

I made two really DF decisions last night.

1. To decide to go cruising at Midnight last night. I'm not some dumb punk kid driving a little pocket rocket. I've outgrown that stage. Why I decided to get my buddy and go looking for a few 0 to speed limit drags is beyond me. Furthermore, why I decided to go on the local "drag" where there are typically 10-20 police squad cars on patrol on a friday night, is beyond me. The cars that tried to race me......87 Honda Accord with no real performance mods. (He cut off his muffler to sound F&F) tried to race me for over 10 blocks. The other car that wanted to race me.....a Rusted, Shadow. The driver of the Shadow had to have been 16 years old, hair done up all gay ass punky, WOULD NOT LEAVE ME ALONE. He continued to try to do flyby's and revving etc etc from 600 S to 4000 S. FInally he got me to a point where I was sick of it. So, I let him start his fly by, then I toyed with him until he got off of it. TO further the point, I slowed down to him and started to toy with him until we both caught a red light.

2. Racing a POS, knowing that their Quarter mile time is >16 seconds. I got up to the line, brought the car to my normal 2500 RPM launch rev. And waited for the light. My plan was, of course, to get 5 cars or so then get off of it. Honestly, to just get away from them. Light turns green, I do a half hearted race launch, chirp the tires right when I left off of the clutch, but it truly was ONLY A CHIRP. The tire couldn't have done a full rotation without traction. That's how short the chirp was. I look in my rearview to see a set of headlights jump out from behind the Shadow, get right on my ass....lights go wild and I'm pulled over before the end of the intersection! Prior to breaking 25 mph.

"You're being pulled over for exhibition of speed"
"What is exhibition of speed?"
"YOu spun your tires out at the intersection."
"Oh, so exhibition of speed is spinning your tires out? I didn't...."
"NO, exhbition of speed is egging someone else into racing, or spinning your tires out, it doesn't have anything to do with speed."
"Uh...."
"LIcense, registration, proof of insurance."

"Here is a citation for exhibition of speed."
"So what exactly is exhibition of speed again?"
"SPinning out your tires."
"Sir, I didn't mean to spinn my tires out, and they really didn't spin..."
"I WAS SITTING BEHIND YOU WITH MY WINDOW DOWN, YOU REVVED YOUR ENGINE THEN TOOK OFF AT THE LIGHT AND SPUN OUT YOUR TIRES, I HEARD YOU."
"Fine what are the rammifications of an exhibition of speed ticket?"
"Look, that's up to the judge. If this is your first offense (it was) then he'll probably send you on your way. Just say that you won't do it again and you'll be fine"

WTF

I honestly despise policeman like that. He knows he was giving me a bullshit ticket. He reaffirmed that with his last statement before he sent me on my way.

Anyway, my question to the rest of you, honestly what consequences does an exhibition of speed ticket come with? This really is my first one.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:53 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
haha.... I've gotten a few of those... too bad around me they take your car too and take you to jail...
which has also happened to me too... which is why I don't pull that **** on the street anymore
Old 10-28-2006, 11:09 AM

wow, I'm glad he didn't take my car.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:00 PM

It's Oct 28th. Must be scrambling to meet that end of the month quota! I hate cops that abuse athority...
Old 10-29-2006, 12:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
take your ticket and shut up already

You were racing and there was a cop car right near you. big ******* deal
what did you think he was gonna do? take bets with his partner?

If your going to go out playing accept the possible consequences.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:19 AM
Banned

STATE STREET IS FOR RICERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have only been in UTAH a year, but I learned that my first weekend here!
Old 10-29-2006, 02:53 AM

Street I agree with you 100%.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:05 AM

Well I don't know where my other replys went, they aren't posting..... anyway

Anomalous.....you know, if i WAS racing, I believe the cop would have given me a RACING ticket. Which he did not. He WAS behind the shadow, diagonal from me, and YES he did see/hear everything. There's no point in being a df. I didn't say once that I wasn't doing anything wrong. Read it again. Oh, and if you'd had taken a second to pull your head out of your ass, you would have realised I was just wondering what the consequences are for the ticket......stop being a df.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:45 AM

never heard of that cause before
Old 10-29-2006, 07:34 AM

you were the officer's example to everyone else out there that night
Old 10-29-2006, 09:38 AM
Banned

Exhibition of Speed is a ticket I got. I actually got a ticket for Felony Wreckless Driving after I was tackled and 3 cops handcuffed me (Keep in mind I didnt resist, THE ENTIRE TIME)

All I had done was a burnout in my 69 Firebird in a KMART parking lot. I sat in a SINGLE PARKING PLACE, doing a burnout for a video, get out police cars came flying in, 2 jumped out and tackled me.

I ended up getting an appology from the City, and written appologies from both officers, and the judge gave me an Exhibition of SPeed ticket, because he as well as everyone else knew I wasnt Wreckless driving (Law states the vehicle much be moving in a way that puts person or property at risk) because my car never moved an inch.

I have heard others here getting exhibition of speed, exhibition of driving, etc. All the same reason. Cruising state is low on my list, but if you are, drive normal, you will see everyone else getting the tickets that way

PS Be at the meet today!!!!
Old 10-29-2006, 10:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Yodair8
. My plan was, of course, to get 5 cars or so then get off of it. Honestly, to just get away from them. Light turns green, I do a half hearted race launch, chirp the tires .

Anomalous.....you know, if i WAS racing, I believe the cop would have given me a RACING ticket

Listen bro. you were racing. even if half heartedly.....
you should know by now that the cops hate racing and are clampin down on it lately.
they know damn well you were racing with this punk....and because you didnt break the speed limit, they got you on what they could.
You spun your tires. which means you get a ticket. my Brother in law has a glovebox full of these tickets for breaking his tires loose.

the point is, you went out to play a little. which is fine.
just dont be one of these people who gets all pissy and huffy for a speeding ticket when they know damn well they were speeding.

Just take your lumps and move on.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:02 AM

Sorry to hear that man, but at least you didn't get a serious ticket. If the policemen said that "don't worry to much about it" then you can probably take that to the bank.

Where i live, you would of gotten one of two things;

1) Laying drag= minor ticket that probably would get dropped in court or an insignificant fee would have to be paid

2) Street racing = depends on how fast you were going but usually hello jail-cell and bye bye license.
Old 10-29-2006, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Yodair8
I made two really DF decisions last night.

1. To decide to go cruising at Midnight last night. I'm not some dumb punk kid driving a little pocket rocket. I've outgrown that stage. Why I decided to get my buddy and go looking for a few 0 to speed limit drags is beyond me. Furthermore, why I decided to go on the local "drag" where there are typically 10-20 police squad cars on patrol on a friday night, is beyond me. The cars that tried to race me......87 Honda Accord with no real performance mods. (He cut off his muffler to sound F&F) tried to race me for over 10 blocks. The other car that wanted to race me.....a Rusted, Shadow. The driver of the Shadow had to have been 16 years old, hair done up all gay ass punky, WOULD NOT LEAVE ME ALONE. He continued to try to do flyby's and revving etc etc from 600 S to 4000 S. FInally he got me to a point where I was sick of it. So, I let him start his fly by, then I toyed with him until he got off of it. TO further the point, I slowed down to him and started to toy with him until we both caught a red light.

2. Racing a POS, knowing that their Quarter mile time is >16 seconds. I got up to the line, brought the car to my normal 2500 RPM launch rev. And waited for the light. My plan was, of course, to get 5 cars or so then get off of it. Honestly, to just get away from them. Light turns green, I do a half hearted race launch, chirp the tires right when I left off of the clutch, but it truly was ONLY A CHIRP. The tire couldn't have done a full rotation without traction. That's how short the chirp was. I look in my rearview to see a set of headlights jump out from behind the Shadow, get right on my ass....lights go wild and I'm pulled over before the end of the intersection! Prior to breaking 25 mph.

"You're being pulled over for exhibition of speed"
"What is exhibition of speed?"
"YOu spun your tires out at the intersection."
"Oh, so exhibition of speed is spinning your tires out? I didn't...."
"NO, exhbition of speed is egging someone else into racing, or spinning your tires out, it doesn't have anything to do with speed."
"Uh...."
"LIcense, registration, proof of insurance."

"Here is a citation for exhibition of speed."
"So what exactly is exhibition of speed again?"
"SPinning out your tires."
"Sir, I didn't mean to spinn my tires out, and they really didn't spin..."
"I WAS SITTING BEHIND YOU WITH MY WINDOW DOWN, YOU REVVED YOUR ENGINE THEN TOOK OFF AT THE LIGHT AND SPUN OUT YOUR TIRES, I HEARD YOU."
"Fine what are the rammifications of an exhibition of speed ticket?"
"Look, that's up to the judge. If this is your first offense (it was) then he'll probably send you on your way. Just say that you won't do it again and you'll be fine"

WTF

I honestly despise policeman like that. He knows he was giving me a bullshit ticket. He reaffirmed that with his last statement before he sent me on my way.

Anyway, my question to the rest of you, honestly what consequences does an exhibition of speed ticket come with? This really is my first one.
general rule of thumb: look around for cops before you do that kind of stuff. i have gotten pulled over for fishtailing like 6 inches out of my school parking lot which has an entrance covered in gravel. i literally had it at quarter throttle. some cops are dousch bags be careful.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:21 PM

street racing...in the city is lame in itself...but instead of "arguing" with the cop you should have told him that this car was your first manual trany car and you let off the clutch too hard...i never had to say this but buddys of mine said it before and some of them got off free...it all depends on the cops in you area...but please do all your racing at the track