War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

S2Killed.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking S2Killed.

Hey all... I finally found a worthy opponent today... and my victory red SS/SC dished out an **** whoopin that will have me grinnin for a while.

I was on my way home from meetin MrPhoto (DSLSJA Godfather) and checkin out some wheels with him. I had just left the local import-tuner shop (looking at their rims) and got stopped at a light on independance. I was just chillin... windows down... roof open... trying to figure out where to go for lunch when I glanced in my mirror to see a bright blue S2K dart out of traffic and come running right up on my tail. I was wondering for a second whether the guy was gonna stop or rear end me. He stopped... about 3 inches from my rear bumper. Young guy... early 30's... top down... just sitting back there looking cocky. I knew what he was gonna do... and I let him try to do it.

When the light turned I pulled away like I normally do... ran first up to 3 grand and slipped her 2nd. Then he made his move... he laid into it... got past the van in the other lane, and came up beside me... after-market exhaust roaring. I let him by just enough so that his driver door was right beside my front wheels... then I let him have it.

The road infront of us was wide open... all 4 lanes... for atleast a mile... absolutely perfect. Now I don't know how many of you have tried to run from a 20 roll in 2nd... but it takes a moment for the good ol' LSJ to get up and moving from that speed and gear... so he nosed on me a bit more... his rear tires by my fronts... before the ownage began.

Once that lovely whining under the hood got started my SS took off like a red rocket. By the time I got to redline in 2nd I had pulled even with the S2K. I slammed her into 3rd, thankful for the quick responce and increased smoothness of my Hurst shifter and started walking away.

I glanced in the mirror as I neared the end of third and saw him... two cars back... still fighting. So I popped her into 4th, and was again very pleased by the Hurst's responce. I kept the pedal down... 105... 110... 120... finally deciding that I had made my point. I slipped into 5th and started coasting back down to normal road speed. The S2K pulled in behind me and I have him a thumbs up out the window... just b/c I'm a nice guy.

Once I had gotten her down to about 60 the S2K slipped over and pulled even with me. I glanced over and grinned... the look on the driver's face was priceless. The first word out of his mouth... DAMN! As we slowed he asked me what I had done. I didn't feel like yelling out the window for 5 mins explaining all the mods... so I simply said "Stage 2" and smiled.

He pulled into the far lane and turned off... looking bewildered. I know he had an exhaust... perhaps an intake... but nothing major. I'm willing to bet he thought he had gotten ahold of a base model Cobalt and was expecting an easy win. Just wonder if he's online right now trying to figure out what a "Stage 2" Cobalt is.

Perhaps he'll be a little more careful when he sees the four round tail lights in traffic again... b/c this time he bit off more than he could chew.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:05 PM

Good kill.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good story. It would make my day to have one of those under my belt. +1
Old 08-23-2007, 04:08 PM

Very nice; good write-up!
Old 08-23-2007, 04:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
good stuff man...go find carlos now :-P
Old 08-23-2007, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by RaineMan
Hey all... I finally found a worthy opponent today... and my victory red SS/SC dished out an **** whoopin that will have me grinnin for a while.

I was on my way home from meetin MrPhoto (DSLSJA Godfather) and checkin out some wheels with him. I had just left the local import-tuner shop (looking at their rims) and got stopped at a light on independance. I was just chillin... windows down... roof open... trying to figure out where to go for lunch when I glanced in my mirror to see a bright blue S2K dart out of traffic and come running right up on my tail. I was wondering for a second whether the guy was gonna stop or rear end me. He stopped... about 3 inches from my rear bumper. Young guy... early 30's... top down... just sitting back there looking cocky. I knew what he was gonna do... and I let him try to do it.

When the light turned I pulled away like I normally do... ran first up to 3 grand and slipped her 2nd. Then he made his move... he laid into it... got past the van in the other lane, and came up beside me... after-market exhaust roaring. I let him by just enough so that his driver door was right beside my front wheels... then I let him have it.

The road infront of us was wide open... all 4 lanes... for atleast a mile... absolutely perfect. Now I don't know how many of you have tried to run from a 20 roll in 2nd... but it takes a moment for the good ol' LSJ to get up and moving from that speed and gear... so he nosed on me a bit more... his rear tires by my fronts... before the ownage began.

Once that lovely whining under the hood got started my SS took off like a red rocket. By the time I got to redline in 2nd I had pulled even with the S2K. I slammed her into 3rd, thankful for the quick responce and increased smoothness of my Hurst shifter and started walking away.

I glanced in the mirror as I neared the end of third and saw him... two cars back... still fighting. So I popped her into 4th, and was again very pleased by the Hurst's responce. I kept the pedal down... 105... 110... 120... finally deciding that I had made my point. I slipped into 5th and started coasting back down to normal road speed. The S2K pulled in behind me and I have him a thumbs up out the window... just b/c I'm a nice guy.

Once I had gotten her down to about 60 the S2K slipped over and pulled even with me. I glanced over and grinned... the look on the driver's face was priceless. The first word out of his mouth... DAMN! As we slowed he asked me what I had done. I didn't feel like yelling out the window for 5 mins explaining all the mods... so I simply said "Stage 2" and smiled.

He pulled into the far lane and turned off... looking bewildered. I know he had an exhaust... perhaps an intake... but nothing major. I'm willing to bet he thought he had gotten ahold of a base model Cobalt and was expecting an easy win. Just wonder if he's online right now trying to figure out what a "Stage 2" Cobalt is.

Perhaps he'll be a little more careful when he sees the four round tail lights in traffic again... b/c this time he bit off more than he could chew.
Very nice right up and very nice kill. +rep
Old 08-23-2007, 04:20 PM

You said red rocket Nice kill, +rep.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:25 PM

nice kill rain i dont know what all carlos has done to his lol
Old 08-23-2007, 04:34 PM

Nice Kill + Rep
Old 08-23-2007, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by gashousecobalt
nice kill rain i dont know what all carlos has done to his lol
Carlos is sitting stock right now. I guess I need to hook up with him and get down to the track.

Thanks for all the rep guys!
Old 08-23-2007, 09:15 PM

haha
red rocket
Old 08-23-2007, 09:42 PM

excellent....
Old 08-23-2007, 10:08 PM

you mean you didnt lose to a V-TAAAK. those things are awsome. good kil man.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:25 PM

suppose you were stock..what do you think the outcome would have been??
Old 08-23-2007, 10:32 PM

Nice write up
Old 08-24-2007, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by The Punisher
suppose you were stock..what do you think the outcome would have been??
If I was stock... it would probably have been a dead even race.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:24 AM

THANK YOU for writing a legible story. + REP
Old 08-24-2007, 05:33 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm willing to bet he thought he had gotten ahold of a base model Cobalt and was expecting an easy win. Just wonder if he's online right now trying to figure out what a "Stage 2" Cobalt is.
..First, that is one of the most well writen stories in a long time. A+!!
..Second, NICE KILL!!
..Third, what 2.2 is dumb enough to race an S2K?

oh, Fourth, street racing is bad , atleast you got away from traffic before you went at it.

Way to rep the Cobalt
Old 08-24-2007, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by REIGNftSOLDIER
..First, that is one of the most well writen stories in a long time. A+!!
..Second, NICE KILL!!
..Third, what 2.2 is dumb enough to race an S2K?

oh, Fourth, street racing is bad , atleast you got away from traffic before you went at it.

Way to rep the Cobalt

Thanks.

Well... if I had been a 2.2 it wouldn't have been a race at all... I believe he was just expecting to blow right by me like I wasn't even there... so much for expectations LOL.

And yeah... street racing is bad... but I'm atleast smart enough to only go for it when there's clear road ahead.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:50 AM

Super swell job
Old 08-24-2007, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by JKennedy1612
THANK YOU for writing a legible story. + REP
I do my bestest to remember them english things I gots learned in skewl.

Rep returned.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:04 PM

Nice, I ran into a S2K a while back on an interstate. Hope you don't mind but heres what happend.

It was the middle of the night nobody out, I was travelin' to see my folks down south. I see a car slowly approaching in my rearview. I look down at the speedo and I'm doing 80. The head lights were low to the ground so not a cop, just another car on this lonley stretch of interstate. He goes to pass and he begins to pace me for about a mile. I'm thinkin' he may want to play and is gonna try something, so I slowly reach for the shift knob and wait,.......... then I heard him downshift and from an 80 punch I get about a car and a half........ held him off till about 120 and then he slowly walked by. I let off the gas, tip my hat and his taillights dissappeared into the night.

S2Ks are pretty good above 120.........
Old 08-24-2007, 12:06 PM

Nice story... above 120 or so is getting into our 5th gear... overdrive... where we really start to fall off... a S2K is probably in 5th as well... but they have a 6-speed which will give them a bit of an advantage.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:17 PM

Yep, no speed shifting into 5th in my car anyway. Those Hondas and they're high rpm motors,......... v-tec.............