War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Scion TC bites the dust

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 01:48 PM
GTP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scion TC bites the dust

Ok..so I had a friend come up from Virginia, one of my old Forester XT buddies who brought his daily driver beater 200 SX SE-R I rebuilt for him. All this car has is a new tune up, bumped timing, a short ram intake, new tires and 110,000 miles. We were out bedding in his new brake pads when we happened along a determined looking Vin Diesel style bad dude in his new Scion TC. Windows down, nasty music blaring and left arm pistoned out at 12 so hard it looked like he was benching his steering wheel. (why do people drive like this)....???

We pulled along side at a redlight (its 11:30PM) and I am riding shotgun and end up next to "Mr. Flex while you drive" in his TC. Now mind you the 200 SE-R has never been waxed ( is oxidized white) has a black hood and looks like the ubiquitous typical ricer terd. Mr. Diesel looks over and gruffs, smirks and throws us a rev. I laugh and point at him then straight ahead (building the tension )

The light goes green and they both launch. "Mr. Beefcake" jumps out to a fender lead but once the SE-R catches it 100K breath (old lungs) it reels in the TC and squirts out a fender then a 1/2 car length lead. Only because my buddy held 3rd gear to 7500 (way too long on a 96) did it allow the TC to creep up to my door but once we shifted to 4th we pulled about a car length on "Arnold" and his TC.

Mr Olympia then slams on the brakes, as do we, to stop at the next red. Instead of lining up again like a true body builder, "Jesse The Body" busts a right turn into a desolate shopping center and races across it to do a u turn at the light on the other side.
Way to go tough guy..!!

Later that night my friend and I lined up the SE-R and my car. By 4th gear I had like 10 car lengths on him... So I guess the TC is no match for the SE-R ( with two meat heads) and certainly not the 2.4.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:55 PM

were you camping out in Pep-Boys parking lot again looking for races?.....lol.....j/k
nice kill(s)

yeah i messed around with one yesterday as well, after i beat his ass like 8 times, he said "wait till i get my turbo!" oh i cant wait

Ask any racer, any real racer... and so forth. . Great story/kill.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:56 PM
GTP

Originally Posted by fastSS06
were you camping out in Pep-Boys parking lot again looking for races?.....lol.....j/k
nice kill(s)

who me???????????????????
Old 05-01-2006, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
yeah i messed around with one yesterday as well, after i beat his ass like 8 times, he said "wait till i get my turbo!" oh i cant wait

Should be interesting once he gets that. If hes a good driver he should one though. Saw a turboed one here in Delaware At Cecil County (drapstrip) He was running constant 13.7's I was shocked lol But if he can't drive i'm sure you'll take him.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by ORT
Should be interesting once he gets that. If hes a good driver he should one though. Saw a turboed one here in Delaware At Cecil County (drapstrip) He was running constant 13.7's I was shocked lol But if he can't drive i'm sure you'll take him.
nah man i was running 14.0's before stage 2 and now that i have that it should be running low 13's, and he couldnt drive at all
Old 05-01-2006, 10:23 PM

Way to go George.... I really need to get my ass out on the roads at night more often. I did see a VW of some sort fly by me the other night on the parkway.... but I had the gf in the car and got the dirty look when he flew by. GF > Ricer. Oh well. She's in South America for the next 18 days... so I'm thinking that it's time I go out for some nice joyrides.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:44 PM

GTP,

man, you should write a book, you're so descriptive, I shot my Mt Dew everywhere...TWICE! "Mr Beefcake"

Old 05-02-2006, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by GTP
Ok..so I had a friend come up from Virginia, one of my old Forester XT buddies who brought his daily driver beater 200 SX SE-R I rebuilt for him. All this car has is a new tune up, bumped timing, a short ram intake, new tires and 110,000 miles. We were out bedding in his new brake pads when we happened along a determined looking Vin Diesel style bad dude in his new Scion TC. Windows down, nasty music blaring and left arm pistoned out at 12 so hard it looked like he was benching his steering wheel. (why do people drive like this)....???

We pulled along side at a redlight (its 11:30PM) and I am riding shotgun and end up next to "Mr. Flex while you drive" in his TC. Now mind you the 200 SE-R has never been waxed ( is oxidized white) has a black hood and looks like the ubiquitous typical ricer terd. Mr. Diesel looks over and gruffs, smirks and throws us a rev. I laugh and point at him then straight ahead (building the tension )

The light goes green and they both launch. "Mr. Beefcake" jumps out to a fender lead but once the SE-R catches it 100K breath (old lungs) it reels in the TC and squirts out a fender then a 1/2 car length lead. Only because my buddy held 3rd gear to 7500 (way too long on a 96) did it allow the TC to creep up to my door but once we shifted to 4th we pulled about a car length on "Arnold" and his TC.

Mr Olympia then slams on the brakes, as do we, to stop at the next red. Instead of lining up again like a true body builder, "Jesse The Body" busts a right turn into a desolate shopping center and races across it to do a u turn at the light on the other side.
Way to go tough guy..!!

Later that night my friend and I lined up the SE-R and my car. By 4th gear I had like 10 car lengths on him... So I guess the TC is no match for the SE-R ( with two meat heads) and certainly not the 2.4.
I love the line ""Mr. Flex wile you drive"" You are a master of the one liners
Old 05-02-2006, 01:31 AM

You said you would call us if you went out that night. LIER! Nice kill, I would probably do the samething if I saw that car at a redlight next to me, you should have heard what we said that day when we saw you coming down the driveway with him behind you

lol j/k
Old 05-02-2006, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by PpAzZ1101
Way to go George.... I really need to get my ass out on the roads at night more often. I did see a VW of some sort fly by me the other night on the parkway.... but I had the gf in the car and got the dirty look when he flew by. GF > Ricer. Oh well. She's in South America for the next 18 days... so I'm thinking that it's time I go out for some nice joyrides.
Yeah I was looking forward to meeting up with you again last Sat to see how you liked the intake so far, oh well. 18 days I am sure we will see each other again. My funds recently came through for my 2.0 finally so I am thinking two weeks at the most I will have it. If I do, we will definately need to meet up again so I can show her off, lol.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:04 AM

nah man i was running 14.0's before stage 2 and now that i have that it should be running low 13's, and he couldnt drive at all

Not to be offensive but u have any idea how hard it is to get traction on street tires on these cars? I have the traps for 12.9xxx but can only pull 13.7 due to traction...and im making waaaaaay more power than a gm kit will...ask gtp, fast, frazier lol

Either way nice races GTP...u rice hunter

Dan
Old 05-02-2006, 02:07 AM

The only reason you work so hard on your RL being better than ours is cause you know your jealous of our interior and LSD.

lol j/k

BTW George, we are all still waiting for the video of Dan and Dave
Old 05-02-2006, 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by WSFrazier
The only reason you work so hard on your RL being better than ours is cause you know your jealous of our interior and LSD.

lol j/k

BTW George, we are all still waiting for the video of Dan and Dave

You;ve got me on the interior and lsd...booo my satty feels like a rental car in comparision to the cobalts interior refineness...ya where that vid...tho im running a 2.6 now but Dave has moved onto a 2.9 from stock...hes fastar now

Dan
Old 05-02-2006, 02:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by djt81185
Not to be offensive but u have any idea how hard it is to get traction on street tires on these cars? I have the traps for 12.9xxx but can only pull 13.7 due to traction...and im making waaaaaay more power than a gm kit will...ask gtp, fast, frazier lol

Dan
Its ok he hasn't really ran 14.0s so don't worry about it.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
awesome story, I love to hear about those TC's going down. That's all anyone drives here on Guam is those damn TC's. There's like a billion of them. And what's funny is, they just aren't all that fast. my ralliart is bone stock and I beat up on modded tC's like the school jock beating up on a nerd.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by 280Z1977
Its ok he hasn't really ran 14.0s so don't worry about it.
do i really need to humiliate you again with simple math you could not comprehend?
Old 05-02-2006, 03:14 PM
Banned

do i really need to humiliate you again with simple math you could not comprehend?
Yeah, math race me to death.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by djt81185

Dan
uh yeah obviously i do know that these cars are a bitch to launch, and obviously i have gotten down the launch and run fairly well to be running as fast as i am. i would be shocked if my car didnt run better that 13.5 in my daily street tires
Old 05-02-2006, 03:17 PM

Yeah, math race me to death.
im not going to bother taking my time to show you pure facts, when you are too stubborn to realize what i am running
Old 05-02-2006, 03:21 PM
Banned

im not going to bother taking my time to show you pure facts, when you are too stubborn to realize what i am running
You have zero 1/4 mile facts. Just 1/8 mile facts. I have never in my life seen some 1/4 mile race online with their 1/8mile times. Ricer and a half.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:26 PM

You have zero 1/4 mile facts. Just 1/8 mile facts. I have never in my life seen some 1/4 mile race online with their 1/8mile times. Ricer and a half.
wrong, they were all 1000 foot times, and with simple math you can very accurately predict your quarter mile time. well easily with someone who is somewhat intelligent, which is probably why it is above your capapbilities to understand even after i broke it down step by step. and that ricer comment is stupid as hell, there is no basis for that, it is you who has probably never been to the track that is the idiot for thinking you know how track times work without any experience. my father showed me how this math works becuase he has been using it for years, and has well over 30 years of track experience under his belt
Old 05-02-2006, 03:34 PM

wrong, they were all 1000 foot times, and with simple math you can very accurately predict your quarter mile time. well easily with someone who is somewhat intelligent, which is probably why it is above your capapbilities to understand even after i broke it down step by step. and that ricer comment is stupid as hell, there is no basis for that, it is you who has probably never been to the track that is the idiot for thinking you know how track times work without any experience. my father showed me how this math works becuase he has been using it for years, and has well over 30 years of track experience under his belt
You must understand that a SS/SC starts to fall on its face in 3rd gear in stock form. I dought that the GMPP exhaust will make the difference as far as dipping you into the 13s!? I got it, why don't you take a drive to a 1/4 strip and prove it on paper!!?
Old 05-02-2006, 04:01 PM
GTP

You guys are highjaking... .I guess I deserve it for all my hi-jacks though...

Quick Reply: Scion TC bites the dust