War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

SiLLy CiViCs...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up SiLLy CiViCs...

so im sitting at a light minding my buisness when i here fart cans pullin up in the other lane. kid looks over and starts laughing at me his buddy says kill him YO! lol hes driving a hatch. he had a buddy behind him drivin i believe a 2003 si the ugly ones he says those cars are a joke.. so upon hearing that it was on my passenger says kill him so the light turns green i had a great launch and just easily killed him by at least 7-8 cars at the next light they wanted no parts of me.. later on that night i had a accord behind me full of kids and nos stickers and i heard them saying that car is fast as **** he smoked rodrigo's hatch . still dont no why people under estimate us? i no of the kids in the civics they race down in south philly i raced them back when i had my 02 ls sport cavi. they do have a couple real fast ones but not that night
Old 09-12-2006, 08:28 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
good kill. teach them a lesson
Old 09-12-2006, 08:29 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 410 Likes on 352 Posts
Originally Posted by badSS
still dont no why people under estimate us?
Because everyone thinks that the cobalt is nothing but a Cavalier. Nobody is used to Chevy having a Sport Compact that is worth a damn. And That's what I thought when i first saw it... "ah, just a cavi replacement... but it looks damn good." Then i drove it and said, "Holy ****, I'll take it!"

But it's still funny when the civic owners say, "That's nothing but a cavalier..."

It's like, "Well that's nothing but a shitty civic... goes both ways!" Niether Civics or Cavi's have that great of a rep. Like the Neons... SRT-4's changed that. You know what I mean? I'm just rambling... so I hope you could follow me.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by badSS
so im sitting at a light minding my buisness when i here fart cans pullin up in the other lane. kid looks over and starts laughing at me his buddy says kill him YO! lol hes driving a hatch. he had a buddy behind him drivin i believe a 2003 si the ugly ones he says those cars are a joke.. so upon hearing that it was on my passenger says kill him so the light turns green i had a great launch and just easily killed him by at least 7-8 cars at the next light they wanted no parts of me.. later on that night i had a accord behind me full of kids and nos stickers and i heard them saying that car is fast as **** he smoked rodrigo's hatch . still dont no why people under estimate us? i no of the kids in the civics they race down in south philly i raced them back when i had my 02 ls sport cavi. they do have a couple real fast ones but not that night
I had a simular scenario last night, after I pulled on the guy,I slowed down but he stayed far away from me
Old 09-12-2006, 10:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think every ss/sc owner goes through these situations day after day after day after day. For some reason these lil civic punks think that you strap a fart can and CAI and they have the fastest thing on the road. Maybe someone should tell him that a fart can won't change the fact that that B-series motor ain't gonna blow anything away. I love to antagonize these lil punks, and then they try to and fail to keep up. Civics are civics and cobalts... well cobalts are just f***in faster.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:42 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Originally Posted by g5mike
I had a simular scenario last night, after I pulled on the guy,I slowed down but he stayed far away from me
Yeah! I love it when you whoop someones ass, and then at the next light, they stay about a car length behind you! Makes my g/f and I laugh!
Old 09-12-2006, 10:47 PM

It is funny. I find that pretty much everyone underestimates the car. It's hilarious though because you just leave them totally shocked and in your dust. Brings a smile to my face everytime. Took out a 540i the other day....he was not happy ;-)
Old 09-12-2006, 10:52 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Originally Posted by Vmango
It is funny. I find that pretty much everyone underestimates the car. It's hilarious though because you just leave them totally shocked and in your dust. Brings a smile to my face everytime. Took out a 540i the other day....he was not happy ;-)
When I was on the Interstate a while back I had a Trans Am dicking around in front of me. When I got beside them they punched it... so I did too. They got an early one car lead... but I just reeled them in and passed. The Look on both of their faces was priceless... JAWS WERE DROPPED!!! I just waved and cruised on by!
Old 09-13-2006, 04:42 AM

I've had the civic deal go both ways. There are some serious all motor 92-95 hatches where I'm from. Dude called me out, so I dropped off the girlfriend and went back. I raced him and only beat him by a hair when I was stock. He had a all motor 185whp hatch that weighed about 2300lbs and redlined at 9500rpms! The other night my buddy was racing a hatch and I was alongside as well for the run, and this freakin hatch took off like crazy, and that was with my current mods! I kept up until I missed 3rd once again since my shifter assy. needs to be replaced. It was a damn quick car though. I also had a Mustang GT all modded out, that I smoked and he was surprised as hell to see me ahead of him.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Quicksilver83
I think every ss/sc owner goes through these situations day after day after day after day. For some reason these lil civic punks think that you strap a fart can and CAI and they have the fastest thing on the road. Maybe someone should tell him that a fart can won't change the fact that that B-series motor ain't gonna blow anything away. I love to antagonize these lil punks, and then they try to and fail to keep up. Civics are civics and cobalts... well cobalts are just f***in faster.

there is some nasty b-series motors out there...take for instant...type r motor...one nasty b-series motor especially if u see dropped into a older hatch or crx ::friend actually has this swap done:: they can be killer
Old 09-13-2006, 08:48 AM

LOL!! great kill!!
Old 09-13-2006, 12:35 PM

Don't understand it

I just don't get it either. People sleep on the cobalt. Just the other day a guy in a beat up CRX was trying to race me. Or a guy at work swears he could destroy me in his wagon impreza (non-STI). I guess we just need to show people one at a time first hand.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:37 PM
GTP

Originally Posted by Posey204
I just don't get it either. People sleep on the cobalt. Just the other day a guy in a beat up CRX was trying to race me. Or a guy at work swears he could destroy me in his wagon impreza (non-STI). I guess we just need to show people one at a time first hand.

If its the 06 WRX wagon...you better be ready for a VERY close race.!
Old 09-13-2006, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Quicksilver83
That's a pretty dumb thing to say. Those are excellent motors that respond well to F/I. And set up properly they'll smoke alot more than ganga.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:44 PM

those scooby wagons are no joke...i'd be careful on those
Old 09-13-2006, 12:45 PM

At least you have people to race you...
Old 09-13-2006, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by vandy0419
At least you have people to race you...
+1 Nobody wants to play with me!!!-
Old 09-13-2006, 12:48 PM
cMw

haha nice kill bro

teachin the ricers a lesson one at a time
Old 09-13-2006, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
Ditto...last thing i raced was a couple months ago which was a WRX which was over quick...it was stock and had a couple high schoolers driving it. Had someone want to race me, but they had a child in their car...I don't race like that, its not safe at all!
Old 09-13-2006, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by vandy0419
Ditto...last thing i raced was a couple months ago which was a WRX which was over quick...it was stock and had a couple high schoolers driving it. Had someone want to race me, but they had a child in their car...I don't race like that, its not safe at all!
Good call. I don't mind risking my life, but someone elses is another matter entirely. I've noticed that the Cobalt crowd is a bit more responsible than some others I've seen. We still have our knuckle heads but I think over all the consumer base is more mature.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:28 PM

I was making fun of the way this civic hatched looked last night at the track.........until he ran an 11.87 lol
Old 09-13-2006, 01:30 PM

I give them a head start. Ricers are people to ya know.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:13 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Originally Posted by StinkBOMB
+1 More. Ever since I put in Stage 2, I've taken a lot of "cruises" through town just looking for someone to race (Prayin for a Mustang GT)... but NO ONE wants any!
Old 09-13-2006, 02:29 PM

I did a roll on race with a near-new BMW 330i coupe (no idea if it was a stick or not). We were going uphill and I had him by at least 4 cars. I slowed down and when he drove by he had this look on his face like..."Not bad...wasn't expecting that..."

I would think that not having people to race would be just as satisfying as beating people.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:34 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Cobalt443
I was making fun of the way this civic hatched looked last night at the track.........until he ran an 11.87 lol
Was it a shitty lookin older red one?

Quick Reply: SiLLy CiViCs...