War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Smoked A Cooper S Today!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 02:25 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SS4ME
He has got to be.
That is what I thought too, until....
Originally Posted by speedy_coop
no im being serious. 100% i truthfully dont like them mainly cause the styling
99% of the world could not tell the difference between the new mini's and the last gen mini's.

Drugs are bad MMMMKay!
Old 03-13-2007, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by IamFamous
That is what I thought too, until....

99% of the world could not tell the difference between the new mini's and the last gen mini's.

Drugs are bad MMMMKay!
look at the two next to eachother. tell me there isnt a difference. maybe its different for me since i own one. who knows
Old 03-13-2007, 02:39 AM
Banned

look at the two next to eachother. tell me there isnt a difference. maybe its different for me since i own one. who knows
I don't doubt there is a difference, I know there is. But they are similar enough that for you to call the new ones ugly, you are basically calling your car ugly.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:44 AM

Im not gunna lie. I personally dont like the new styling of the new mini's I think his mini is SICK!
Old 03-13-2007, 02:52 AM
Banned

Drugs ARE BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by IamFamous; 03-13-2007 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-13-2007, 09:14 AM

OMG, they look nothing alike! Ya right!!
Old 03-14-2007, 12:32 AM

OMG, they look nothing alike! Ya right!!
stop being a douche bag buddy

its the little details. look at the two in real life. its been changed a lot and the interior too. yea it still has the same "look" but it is very much diifferent. im sure if they changed the balt up a bit but it still "looked" the same you would notice the little things that are different.

maybe this will help get my point across; think of it like the corvettes. the c5 and c6 "look" the same but they have there differences.

Originally Posted by IamFamous
I don't doubt there is a difference, I know there is. But they are similar enough that for you to call the new ones ugly, you are basically calling your car ugly.

not true. read my above post. thanks.

old

new

old

new

old

new

Last edited by speedy_coop; 03-14-2007 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-14-2007, 01:07 AM

Im talking about this one

heres the article too http://www.motortrend.com/future/spi...raveller_spied
Old 03-14-2007, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by sensesfail99

Im talking about this one

heres the article too http://www.motortrend.com/future/spi...raveller_spied

haha my bad. either way i truthfully dont like it.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:16 AM

stop being a douche bag buddy

its the little details. look at the two in real life. its been changed a lot and the interior too. yea it still has the same "look" but it is very much diifferent. im sure if they changed the balt up a bit but it still "looked" the same you would notice the little things that are different.

maybe this will help get my point across; think of it like the corvettes. the c5 and c6 "look" the same but they have there differences.

not true. read my above post. thanks.

old

new

old

new

old

new
Alrigthtly then. You think your car is ugly. They pretty much look the same.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:29 AM
Banned

yeah they look the same
Old 03-15-2007, 01:33 AM

maybe you guys arent looking at the details... obvious body changes... bumpers, hatches, lights.... i like the old one better.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:08 AM

I gotta agree, I like the old one a lot better to. Those of you who can't tell the difference need to get your eyes checked. The 'Style' might be the same, but there is a whole lot of difference in the details. And details determine if something looks good or not.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:41 AM

The new one looks like a mini rally car. Sits higher, amber in the headlights, bigger fog-lights, different grills, slightly different scoop, ect..Small details but enough to make it look uglier then the previous model.

As far as European cars being of better quality then American, I would have to disagree. Everyone has their problem children no matter what country, or model vehicle it is. Hell, Fiat stands for Fix It Again Tony, I spent 2 years in Italy and have seen some busted up rides, and some that no matter what you did you couldn't kill it. Same with American made vehicles, hell what about the old muscle cars. Them things were and still are solid. An yes some are being held together by rust. You could smoke up the tires all day long, pull out tree stumps and keep on going. My 79 Z28's carb caught fire when I tried to start it, I blew the flames out got back in cranked her over and she started right up..lol.

It's tough to go and say any particular vehicle is made that much better then another because they are all made on an assembly line and not everything is perfect. Except a couple of the higher end vehicles. When I say higher end, I'm talking about hand molded supercar types. Sorry to take this even further off topic, and I have no intention to start any arguments, which this may..lol. Just my opinion
Old 03-15-2007, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by sensesfail99
maybe you guys arent looking at the details... obvious body changes... bumpers, hatches, lights.... i like the old one better.
Sure, I can see the slight differances but was it enough for this douche to call the new Mini UGLY? To the average person, they look the same!
Old 03-15-2007, 09:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i got a mini at my school, supercharged(yes i know its factory) and intake and exhaust, i still smoke him all day everyday
Old 03-15-2007, 09:28 AM

Sure, I can see the slight differances but was it enough for this douche to call the new Mini UGLY? To the average person, they look the same!
see I dont get how your gunna call him a douche though? I think the new mini is UGLY! Yea to the average person they may look the same but the average person would also be able to distinguish the differences between the two. He owns a ****** mini and has different thought about the car like you have different thoughts about it. There are people out there that completely hate the Cobalt, you gunna call them a douche for that.... well I would because I own one, but you get the point i hope!

Old 03-15-2007, 01:14 PM

Read all the post! Just returning the compliment!!^^
Old 03-15-2007, 05:11 PM

Read all the post! Just returning the compliment!!^^

haha i called you one cause you were trying to be a badass rebel. you wouldnt think about what i was trying to say or really look for the differences of the two. so that made you a douche. i understand what your saying on how the two cars are similar enough that you cant really notice a difference, cause the first time i saw the new mini i didnt really notice a difference. then i really looked at one and i started noticing all the stupid changes which really made the new one look like ****.

sometimes you gotta look outside the box

Originally Posted by Coblt ss super
i got a mini at my school, supercharged(yes i know its factory) and intake and exhaust, i still smoke him all day everyday

haha stock minis are slooow. even with just an intake and exhaust. tell him to do a pulley and you will have a good race...at least a better one haha.

Last edited by speedy_coop; 03-15-2007 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-15-2007, 05:18 PM

haha i called you one cause you were trying to be a badass rebel. you wouldnt think about what i was trying to say or really look for the differences of the two. so that made you a douche. i understand what your saying on how the two cars are similar enough that you cant really notice a difference, cause the first time i saw the new mini i didnt really notice a difference. then i really looked at one and i started noticing all the stupid changes which really made the new one look like ****.
I wasn't worrying about it. Some people need to read closer before they get all huffy.

Back to the topic. I will leave it at this, they both look good to me! IMO there is not enough difference between the 2 to call one ugly over the other.

Last edited by SS4ME; 03-15-2007 at 09:44 PM.