War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

So what do you guys say...

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 09:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So what do you guys say...

Lightly modded EVO IX with like exhaust, intake, and maybe a tune or something versus my RedLine.

Let's do a little bench racing here, though I hate to do this:

EVO IX with driver is about 3,400lbs.
Ion RedLine with driver is about 3,100lbs.

IX makes 280awhp (~330chp).
RedLine with supporting mods makes XXXhp, not telling. (2.7" pulley, 60lb injectors, SPEC flywheel and Stage 3+, Intense custom PCM tune, meth. inj., no cat., straight through muffler, AEM intake, bigger idler pulley, NGK Iridiums.)

No slicks. From a dig until XXXmph or 1/4 or whatever. He ran a little quicker, though not faster, 1/4 mile a while back when I only had the 42.5lb injectors, 2.8", and MAF-T. As far as I know he has done nothing since.

His girlfriend beat me in it from a dig a while back....she slowed down at 60mph and put on her blinkers. It was on video and this is why I am going to challenge him again, plus EVO owners are just big **** talkers anyhow. Should be fun, any of you guys think it will be close.

Last edited by StreetDreamz; 06-20-2006 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:21 PM

u will lose still give it a shot thats just my opinion
Old 06-20-2006, 09:23 PM

I'm sure you mean 3400 and 3100...otherwise I want to bum some of your weight loss techniques.

Depending on the tune, I'd say you're good for about 30-60 hp more now than with just the 2.8. If he's done nothing, he'll probably still take you to 60, but you should pass him sooner and more decisively than before.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:49 PM
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
race him for real at a track. since when is a car tested on speed on passing power? sure you'll get eaten alive at the launch but at least you have numbers to go off of instead of just posting another thread in war stories.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:59 PM

Go to the track. If you can catch traction it should be a good race. Get video if you can. Hey weren't you running a total of a 125 shot of N20 before?
Old 06-21-2006, 12:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cobalt_Supercharged
Go to the track. If you can catch traction it should be a good race. Get video if you can. Hey weren't you running a total of a 125 shot of N20 before?
Old 06-21-2006, 12:17 AM
Banned

he should win
Old 06-21-2006, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by StreetDreamz
EVO owners are just big **** talkers anyhow. Should be fun, any of you guys think it will be close.
if u had an evo... you would be **** talking too! lol as would I i **** talk about my sti... but to a certain extent.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:18 AM

What happened to make you decide to take it off.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:34 AM

there was a video posted a couple weeks ago of an EVO IX with the same mods as above putting a bus or 2 on a stage 2 SS/SC from a roll
Old 06-21-2006, 01:56 AM

Well, I guess I should post the whole reason my wife "raced" you anyways. YOU were the one talking **** about how every car around was inferior to you 14second Saturn. She ran you, did NOT launch it, short shifted and let off after shifting to 4th (way too early). You were damn near 2 seconds behind the Evo the whole time running it "***** deep".

The whole reason is your shitty attitude. I would be the first to compliment the other person, win or lose, you however were a total dick from the get go.

I will NOT run you at a redlight or anywhere else on the public highway. I refuse to satisfy your "need" to redeem yourself. If you want to compare timeslips, or we meet at the track so be it. But I am NOT going to go out of my way to race you. I do not need to beat you to make me feel any better. I could honestly care less.

FWIW - Our car is a Evo IX MR. MBC@23psi, TBE with a hiflo cat, Intake filter and custom tuned by Dynoflash at Buschur Racing. Car did 280whp/275wtq on Buschur's Mustang Dyno. I haven't had a chance to get to the track yet, but I hope to soon. Stock clutch probably will only handle a few launches, that has been my biggest reason for not making it a point to run it at the 1/4 so far.

Good day,

SQ
Old 06-21-2006, 02:02 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Nuked
Well, I guess I should post the whole reason my wife "raced" you anyways. YOU were the one talking **** about how every car around was inferior to you 14second Saturn. She ran you, did NOT launch it, short shifted and let off after shifting to 4th (way too early). You were damn near 2 seconds behind the Evo the whole time running it "***** deep".

The whole reason is your shitty attitude. I would be the first to compliment the other person, win or lose, you however were a total dick from the get go.

I will NOT run you at a redlight or anywhere else on the public highway. I refuse to satisfy your "need" to redeem yourself. If you want to compare timeslips, or we meet at the track so be it. But I am NOT going to go out of my way to race you. I do not need to beat you to make me feel any better. I could honestly care less.

FWIW - Our car is a Evo IX MR. MBC@23psi, TBE with a hiflo cat, Intake filter and custom tuned by Dynoflash at Buschur Racing. Car did 280whp/275wtq on Buschur's Mustang Dyno. I haven't had a chance to get to the track yet, but I hope to soon. Stock clutch probably will only handle a few launches, that has been my biggest reason for not making it a point to run it at the 1/4 so far.

Good day,

SQ
well said.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:17 AM
Banned

Good day,

SQ
I still say you're a *****. What's wrong with a little harmless run? And why the **** are you posting on the CobaltSS forum? I told you I ******* HATE bench racing. If you are running 23 psi on a IX with those supporting mods, then I'm sorry man you have some serious **** wrong to only be at 280whp. And don't you dare even try to blame it on Burshur's dyno, they have a 1000awhp EVO at their disposal.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:53 AM

hey

sorry man but the evo guy just owned joo!
Old 06-21-2006, 07:55 AM

hey

oh and dont be so cocky man theres always someone faster out there even though our cars are the same supercharger and everything it still says saturn on the front thats why people will pick on it. but no need to be cocky get to the track and show wat the 2.0 lsj is made of!
Old 06-21-2006, 09:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like there is more to it than a simple little race. If I owned that evo I wouldn't waste my gas on some **** talking punk either. If you guys are going to race, you should definitely take it to the track. And if you hate bench racing so much, then why did you make this thread?
Old 06-21-2006, 10:23 AM
Platinum Member

I still say you're a *****. What's wrong with a little harmless run? And why the **** are you posting on the CobaltSS forum? I told you I ******* HATE bench racing. If you are running 23 psi on a IX with those supporting mods, then I'm sorry man you have some serious **** wrong to only be at 280whp. And don't you dare even try to blame it on Burshur's dyno, they have a 1000awhp EVO at their disposal.
no need to start name calling here. seems to me you have a bad attitude and a childish one at that. you heard the man, he doesn't want to race you on the street. meet him at the track if you're so tuff. time slips speak wonders. street racing will get you no respect from a true enthusiast. now keep it clean in here and try to have a civil conversation or it will get locked.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:34 AM

He did say 280 on a mustang dyno. That's easily 300+ on a dynojet.

Typical EvoIX with full TBE, flash, raised boost can put down 310-330awhp. They are not to be taken lightly.

On that note, my car has a nearly maxed out stock turbo putting down 280+. Only things that would help now are a bigger TB, intake manifold and W/I, but theyre not worth the investment. A friend of mine has an EvoIX with ONLY boosted raised up about 2-3psi.

We run 60-120 and we are dead even side by side. This is after me putting about 4 car lengths on him when he was bone stock.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:41 AM

Wow we are real grown up in this thread.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:21 PM

And why the **** are you posting on the CobaltSS forum?
Because your were banned from the Redline forums the same day you joined here

I told you I ******* HATE bench racing.
Could've fooled me?

If you are running 23 psi on a IX with those supporting mods, then I'm sorry man you have some serious **** wrong to only be at 280whp.
Kinda like claiming over 400whp and running a 14.2......don't they do that STOCK?

And don't you dare even try to blame it on Burshur's dyno, they have a 1000awhp EVO at their disposal.
To be exact, thier shop car did around 700whp on THIER dyno, on a dynojet it did 900+....you do the math.

To all the members here. I am sorry I had to come on here and even address this clown, but if you only saw the things he has said on our local board you would understand. I feel sorry that this person is representing you forums, and cars in this manner.

Thank you mods for letting me say my peace,

SQ
Old 06-21-2006, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by ralliartist
And if you hate bench racing so much, then why did you make this thread?
You took the words right out of my reply box
Old 06-21-2006, 05:37 PM
Banned

Because your were banned from the Redline forums the same day you joined here

Could've fooled me?

Kinda like claiming over 400whp and running a 14.2......don't they do that STOCK?

To be exact, thier shop car did around 700whp on THIER dyno, on a dynojet it did 900+....you do the math.

To all the members here. I am sorry I had to come on here and even address this clown, but if you only saw the things he has said on our local board you would understand. I feel sorry that this person is representing you forums, and cars in this manner.

Thank you mods for letting me say my peace,

SQ
Wah, wah, wah. Race me and get it over with. If you win, it will actually be fair and square this time because 60mph will only get you 1/3 of the way down the 1/4mile. I should be going to the track this Sunday hopefully. This is jut plain disrespectful to come on to these forums and post all this stupid stuff. I'm not saying anymore until we both get some numbers.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:22 PM

StreetDreamz=Pwned.

You are the type of person that make this whole hobby suck sometimes.

Thats all.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:55 PM

This is jut plain disrespectful to come on to these forums and post all this stupid stuff.
You made the thread...

Go to the track and race the man, and then post the results. My money is on the EVO just because he doesn't seem worried about racing you.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:22 PM

Duuuuuuuuuuuuude!!!....that dudes wife owned you on the street and your hella pissed.

Now its time for you to be a bigger man and get over it. Instead of doing what your doing now you know, being a ***.

I'm at 12.8-13.1 consistantly with meth so I'm probably pushing 250 hp on a mustang dyno give or take. And Evo IX MR is probably running at times and speeds not yet seen in the Cobalt SS world if its at 280 hp on the mustang dyno (depending on tq).

So before he has his wife race you in reverse to make it fair why dont you realize your Ion is the fastest thing on 4 wheels....

Quick Reply: So what do you guys say...