War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

SRT-4 Kill, literally!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 04:27 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
SRT-4 Kill, literally!

I was driving on the SR-51 here in Phoenix heading northbound while my buddy in a WRX was driving near me and talking to me on the phone. I saw the headlights of a Dodge Neon pulling up to us, and attempting to go around us. I asked my buddy if it was an SRT-4, and he said YEAH! so I told him that I was going to go kill it, and hung up. I sped up to the SRT-4 and stayed next to him doing about 70 in 3rd gear. He wasn't giving me any eyecontact, so I started reving the motor and jumping forward to antagonize him. By that time we are doing about 80, and he hits the gas, meanwhile I forget how fast we are going so I drop it into 2nd, and immediately bounce off the rev limiter.

I had to catch up to him, because I was stupid and shifted into the wrong gear out of gut reaction. I pulle dup to him, and at this time there is some Crotch Rocket on the left of me, and the SRT-4 on teh right of me. I hit the gas in 3rd gear this time probably doing 70. The bike launches forward and no doubt is beating both of us, but then the SRT-4 starts pulling slowly away from me. I was getting a little frusterated so I kept accelerating.

After about 110mph I started to catch back up slowly to the SRT-4. By the time I was almost caught up to the SRT-4 I was doing almost 125 mph, and I switched into 5th gear. I saw the SRT-4 shoot a black puff out of his exhaust, I assumed he was switching gears as well, maybe he was. A couple seconds after that it looked like someone lit a gas soaked hayfire in his engine compartment, as a huge cloud of grey smoke started to cover the car, and soon that is all I can see. I see the brake lights come on the SRT-4 and he immediately falls back. As I pass I can see tons of smoke pouring out of his engine compartment. I never saw actual fire though, just TONS of grey smoke. He exited on the last exit of the SR-51, and I took the next freeway.

I feel sort of bad, because if that happened to me I would be out of a car, and we all know thats not a warranty repair. On that otherhand I feel great because he was winning, and then blew up. I kinda felt like I was in a dogfight and I shot him down with my machine guns. That's a good way to decribe it.

So I guess there is one less SRT-4 on the phoenix roads for a little while. If you guys know hime tell him that I feel for him, and congratulate him on his win. Otherwose be thankful that with all the knocking I have had atleast I didn't fall apart like his did. I bet he had too much boost running in that thing, cause I could hear it blow off like a bus hitting its brakes.
Old 07-22-2006, 04:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dude I almost had you...almost had me! you never had me, you never had your car!
Fisrt thing that came to my mind.
Old 07-22-2006, 04:42 AM

That sucks about his car. :/.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by BACK2GM
dude I almost had you...almost had me! you never had me, you never had your car!
classic
Old 07-22-2006, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by BACK2GM
classic
Old 07-22-2006, 12:44 PM

shoulda followed him and asked him for his pink slip lol. Damn man..wish i was in that area when you raced him!! I was in Glendale last night for some motorcross show.
Old 07-22-2006, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Waylin22
shoulda followed him and asked him for his pink slip lol. Damn man..wish i was in that area when you raced him!! I was in Glendale last night for some motorcross show.
I was losing by about a car length or so, until he blew up. I wish I had a video of it. It was just like a WWII dogfight and it looked like I was machinegunning him down. And when he exited the freeway it was like he was falling out fo the sky. so much smoke!