War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

SRT4 FTL! lol

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by daythecountrydied21
where the **** have you been there's plenty of ss/tc's that could EASILY get 12's with no mods other than a tune.
There is a big difference between high 12's and low 12's. I think low 12's to high 11's is all this car is gonna be able to do on the stock turbo with DR's or slicks. And without there being any internal mods that are actually available and that work, and with there still being a fuel problem, I cant see them running any faster than high 11's.

Originally Posted by Terminator2
Yep. tune only and DRs. Not stock tires though. Boostking ran a 12.7 at 112 with just at tune and MT DRs. RevHigh18 ran 12.7 at 113 with a tune and full boltons on street tires. I need to bring mine to the track. Just gotta learn to launch Fwd.
I'm about 110% sure that with DR's or slicks a tuned SS/TC has enough power to get into the 12's. But like you said, FWD is a b*tch to launch. I was actually talking to this guy today while I was working who drag races and his Son's truck runs a 9.1 in the 1/8, but he said that at another 1/8 mile track just up the road the truck runs almost a full second faster. That just goes to show how shitty my local 1/8 mile track is.

Last edited by FutureEcotecOwner; 05-11-2009 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-12-2009, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by FRQ FLYR
My .02

Been frequenting the site for a couple years now and it seems that the SRT4 has been the Cobalts main (perceived) competition being a domestic and given the similarities. With the extra displacement and "moddability" it makes me happy any time I hear of (or better yet see) a Cobalt hand it to a "skittle".

The TC's real claim to fame are the handling characteristics and the lap times it can post. And while I certainly enjoy those aspects nobody (including me) is gonna give a crap what it handles like on the third honk
Just to add something: Didn't want to detract from the fact that apparently plenty of TC owners do the Autocross thing with success. (WAR STORIES section hence the third honk reference).
Old 05-12-2009, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by YaKkO
how in any sorta way does that make sense

Sentence Structure > You
wow because i dont feel like putting periods and commas you are going to say im stupid but im not hating on you anyway but it doesnt matter
Old 05-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 07ss/sc-FTW
wow because i dont feel like putting periods and commas you are going to say im stupid but im not hating on you anyway but it doesnt matter
^^lol
Old 05-13-2009, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by YaKkO
how in any sorta way does that make sense

Sentence Structure > You
If you're going to call someone out on sentence structure it's best to make sure you practice what you preach but from this post it seems you are a hypocrite.

PS-What the hell is wrong with New Mexico? It's a beautiful state!

Last edited by SS4ME; 05-13-2009 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:47 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Wow... This thread was an amazing read.

All I have to add is that both SRT-4's and SS T/C's are fast but in my OWN PERSONAL experience SRT-4 owners seem to be more cocky and think their car is the fastest around. Not saying that there's not any cool SRT-4 owners and that there's not Cobalt owners who are the same, because i have a couple friends with SRT-4's and I know people with Cobalts who are very cocky as well.

Fact is, both cars are very affordable for someone coming out of high school and some are at low enough prices for high school kids to get there hands on them, which leads to cocky ass kids owning our cars.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shibito

All I have to add is that both SRT-4's and SS T/C's are fast but in my OWN PERSONAL experience SRT-4 owners seem to be more cocky and think their car is the fastest around. Not saying that there's not any cool SRT-4 owners and that there's not Cobalt owners who are the same, because i have a couple friends with SRT-4's and I know people with Cobalts who are very cocky as well.

Fact is, both cars are very affordable for someone coming out of high school and some are at low enough prices for high school kids to get there hands on them, which leads to cocky ass kids owning our cars.
And driving and parading around like dumbasses. Puts both cars to shame, i just wanted to add that.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:18 PM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts

I really wish this wont be the case . I can only afford this car cause I got a new job straight out of college. Theres no way in hell a kid in high school can afford 20k$, lol, I could barely afford 12k$. Dumb ass parents need to get their heads out of their asses and stop buying fancy cars for their ******* retarded kids. Makes me sick just thinking about how many STi's drive around my area with a 16-17 yr old behind the wheel. lol, my cousin used to work at the local car dealership and loved selling STi's to those stupid kids cause he knew they'd come back for heavy repairs after a month cause the idiot kid cant drive yet.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CudaJoe
I really wish this wont be the case . I can only afford this car cause I got a new job straight out of college. Theres no way in hell a kid in high school can afford 20k$, lol, I could barely afford 12k$. Dumb ass parents need to get their heads out of their asses and stop buying fancy cars for their ******* retarded kids. Makes me sick just thinking about how many STi's drive around my area with a 16-17 yr old behind the wheel. lol, my cousin used to work at the local car dealership and loved selling STi's to those stupid kids cause he knew they'd come back for heavy repairs after a month cause the idiot kid cant drive yet.
No factual statements at all. All opinion. Dont hate.

If your parents could have bought you your car would you complain???

And no I payed for my car by myself so dont ask.

EDIT: It also has nothing to do with the topic.

Last edited by YaKkO; 05-13-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:31 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
A kid in high school can make $200 every 2 weeks so that's $400 a month, therefore it's pretty easy for a kid in high school to make enough to afford a 20k car, granted they'd be sacrificing their social life to do so. It is very possible.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:43 PM

gas and insurance, 200 every 2 weeks aint cuttin it
Old 05-13-2009, 09:55 PM

A kid in high school can make $200 every 2 weeks so that's $400 a month, therefore it's pretty easy for a kid in high school to make enough to afford a 20k car, granted they'd be sacrificing their social life to do so. It is very possible.
im in high school when i worked part time i made 800 a month and didnt have to work alot very possible to get nice car still when ur in high school no rent or anything
Old 05-14-2009, 05:52 AM

See the pic in my sig. It says it all.

Just kidding.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:57 AM

YaKkO, you should take a road trip to the Albuquerque Dragway one of these friday nights and we can line them up. I have seen some poorly running or maybe poorly driven SRT-4s at the track that run mid-15's so I guess it is possible that you beat one. lol J/K I have yet to see a SS/TC at the track and would like to see what they run way up here in our thin air.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:27 AM
Banned

Dumb ass parents need to get their heads out of their asses and stop buying fancy cars for their ******* retarded kids. Makes me sick just thinking about how many STi's drive around my area with a 16-17 yr old behind the wheel.
Hey now be nice...... my parents me a brand new CRX for my 16th, then a 240SX for HS Grad and then a 300 for one of my college grads.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by blab10
YaKkO, you should take a road trip to the Albuquerque Dragway one of these friday nights and we can line them up. I have seen some poorly running or maybe poorly driven SRT-4s at the track that run mid-15's so I guess it is possible that you beat one. lol J/K I have yet to see a SS/TC at the track and would like to see what they run way up here in our thin air.
I know it wont be very good lol. I'm from Phoenix and I can tell a diff between there and even Alamogordo so ABQ scares me!
Old 05-14-2009, 12:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stoon_cobalt_colby
im in high school when i worked part time i made 800 a month and didnt have to work alot very possible to get nice car still when ur in high school no rent or anything
No **** i made close to $900 working at a pizzeria when i was in high school and still had somewhat of a social life, i always wanted a nice car but i always let my parents talk me out of it. Soon as i grad i got a new job making like $1400 a month went and bought my first SS i was 19 and didn't drive it like a freaking moron. There's kids all over my area trying to race in rush hour traffic and running lights and **** because their heads up the bum, a guy i work with almost got hit this morning by some jackass in a black SS who ran a red light didn't attempt to stop or slow down.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by CptTheAlex
No **** i made close to $900 working at a pizzeria when i was in high school and still had somewhat of a social life, i always wanted a nice car but i always let my parents talk me out of it. Soon as i grad i got a new job making like $1400 a month went and bought my first SS i was 19 and didn't drive it like a freaking moron. There's kids all over my area trying to race in rush hour traffic and running lights and **** because their heads up the bum, a guy i work with almost got hit this morning by some jackass in a black SS who ran a red light didn't attempt to stop or slow down.
yeah thats retarded kinda hope they crash into a pole or something just so maybe than they will grow a brain i only race on highway when noone is around that way noone else gets hurt that isnt involved