War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

SS S/C vs 300c srt8

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SS S/C vs 300c srt8

i was on the 3 lane bridge between Ottawa and Gatineau going around 70 kph, a white 300c srt-8 showed up right beside me. we went from around 70-75 to 180 kph (i think he got owned by the cutoff.). i had 3 car in front of him went he started slowing down, we were 3in the car. with a trunk full of camping chair and 72 beer....

the 300 c str-8 got a 6.1L V-8 producing 420 HP. still a big fat car. suposed to be a hight 13 sec car and weight 4160 pounds.

i dont know how many ppls he had in the car. the windows was dark like a cow ass. the only thing i saw was 2 lcd panel in the back of the front seats :P he had the stock 20" wheel.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Banned

There was just a 40,000 page thread about a similar race a month or so ago.

People are going to call BS and bvring up other SRT vehicles left and right.

I myself put around 3-4 cars on a SRT-8 300C in my GTO so I will keep quiet on this one.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:45 PM

I would list your mods and put your flame suit on. Those things can run high 12's stock just like the GTO at close to 110mph. Just giving you a heads up. They are considered drivers races with 6spd GTO's. I do dig the SRT's though, they did an awesome job. But I love my goat a wee bit more! Tyler

One other thing, reading the story I am going to suggest that it was a regular Hemi. They now have body kits that come from the factory made to look like the SRT's. The SRT guys are all upset (kind of like putting the SS on the NA after they put it on the SS/SC) hard to differentiat(sp?). On top of having three people and camping gear in the trunk..... and 3 cases of beer!
Old 06-04-2007, 01:55 PM

Same ooooo illegal boring racing bull*hit individuals create on here.......

Ill begin to say away from these topics....
Old 06-04-2007, 02:42 PM

well, maybe it was the normal 300c, it had the str8 rims tho.

and this is no bullshit.

if i take the time to put the godamn post here its because it append.

if it was the regular 300c, it still a 350 hp car. i still proud of it. :P

Last edited by h0l0caust; 06-04-2007 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-04-2007, 02:43 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
People forget that roll racing and dig racing are different. The outcome will mostly likely be different if it was from a dig. Anyway, good kill. I don't call BS on you.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:47 PM

I raced a 300 HEMI from a dig and was amazed how fast it was... I had a bad start (didn't realize we were racing), caught him and it was damn near even at the end of the run (0-85 mph).... that was before I had STAGE 1
that's just the facts....

so IMO... NO WAY it was a real SRT-8 or your car has the optional flux capacitor
Old 06-04-2007, 02:59 PM

There would be the badge on the trunk to signify the SRT8, if removed I can't think of how to tell besides how fast it runs away from you. With the body kit coming with the rims and everything it was the regular Hemi (it has the SRT rims and spoiler and front bumper as well as a few other things). That is certainly believable, congrats on the Kill. Be easy guys, hardly anyone knows they have these kits on these cars now aday to look like the SRT8, I found out on the SRT forums a short time back. Yes, 350+ hp and beating one like that is nothing to sneez at, congrats!! Good kill, hOlOcaust. Tyler
Old 06-04-2007, 03:06 PM

hmmmmmm I may have to set up a race here soon. My friend/classmate/neighbor just got a 300C SRT-8 2 months ago and we have yet to race. He just has a K&N intake right now but I have a good feeling I will be looking at his rear end, not from far away but from what Ive experienced with the regular 300C HEMI's I dont see myself pulling, even with my mods.

Not calling BS but also not believing it until I see it.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by cobi
hmmmmmm I may have to set up a race here soon. My friend/classmate/neighbor just got a 300C SRT-8 2 months ago and we have yet to race. He just has a K&N intake right now but I have a good feeling I will be looking at his rear end, not from far away but from what Ive experienced with the regular 300C HEMI's I dont see myself pulling, even with my mods.

Not calling BS but also not believing it until I see it.
I like the fact that you are willing to run him even if you wil lose
I will run just about anything, so what if I lose... it's not like I have a Ferrari and have to be ashamed of losing or like I'm gonna win big bucks if I did win

Run him and let us know what happens
Old 06-04-2007, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by suburbanrobot
I will run just about anything, so what if I lose... it's not like I have a Ferrari and have to be ashamed of losing or like I'm gonna win big bucks if I did win

haha so true, more of us need to realize as cool as the car is its still a 20,000 dollar econo car at heart.
And if he starts giving me crap I'll just call him old fart He is in his mid 30's and goes to Engineering school with me to finish up his degree, but he is young at heart and always talks cars and drinks beer with us younger guys. So we always joke around and call him old fart. Ill see if I can get a little run in here in the next week or 2.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Banned

Why is it thet alot of people here think powerful RWD cars are only good from a dig?

Unlike Mustangs (03/04 Cobra) LS1 & LS2 GTO's, SRT-8's and LS1 F-Bodies are fast from a dig or roll.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by suburbanrobot

i agree!!!! this guy started givin me all this **** when he beat me with his amg mercedes. Like cute car and **** im like you have a 80k car ass mine is 20k so i would hope you would walk my ass. Race him get it on video let us know!
Old 06-04-2007, 05:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have beaten 4 SRT-8's, so I know it is totally possible.

2 - 300 SRT-8
1 - Charger SRT-8
1 - Grand Cherokee SRT-8

They are fast, and not every cobalt out there can beat them, so there are doubters out there. No doubt, we have a better chance from a roll, as I have put about a car length on each of them from a roll, and it is a HARD race. And from a dig at Speedworld I only beat a 300 SRT-8 by less than 0.1sec.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:35 PM

i was just ****** around seeing what those things really do . Im not dumb i wouldnt try and race him thinkin i would win he was jolting the car forward so i hit it and so did he just havin some fun dick!
Old 06-04-2007, 05:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Psykostevo
I have beaten 4 SRT-8's, so I know it is totally possible.

2 - 300 SRT-8
1 - Charger SRT-8
1 - Grand Cherokee SRT-8

They are fast, and not every cobalt out there can beat them, so there are doubters out there. No doubt, we have a better chance from a roll, as I have put about a car length on each of them from a roll, and it is a HARD race. And from a dig at Speedworld I only beat a 300 SRT-8 by less than 0.1sec.
The Charger SRT-8 is a bit faster than the 300C and GC so how did you put equal lengths on them all?

I take that your running 13.3 or better too??????
Old 06-04-2007, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by codyss
Why is it thet alot of people here think powerful RWD cars are only good from a dig?
because they are only good from a dig. Don't you get it. V8's run out of steam once you get passed second gear. All that torque helps theme get off the line but then they just choke at high rpm's plus they are heavy ass bricks. light fwd 4 clyinder is the way to go for top end. Duh!

Old 06-04-2007, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by mezzanno
because they are only good from a dig. Don't you get it. V8's run out of steam once you get passed second gear. All that torque helps theme get off the line but then they just choke at high rpm's plus they are heavy ass bricks. light fwd 4 clyinder is the way to go for top end. Duh!

It's just science!

The Charger SRT-8 is a bit faster than the 300C and GC so how did you put equal lengths on them all?

I take that your running 13.3 or better too??????
From my experience the GC was faster than the other ones. If the world was perfect, you would be right everytime, and I probably would have pulled differently on them each and every time. They are not guaranteed to run a 13.3 each and everytime they go out. Nor am I going to run the same everytime. By the time I was able to determine that I clearly won against the other SRT-8's We were going so fast that I couldn't judge exaclty how far ahead I was. My eyes were fixed on the road for the most part.

What I have done in my car on the track is no indication of what my car is capable of on the freeway. My best is a 14.001 @106+ mph, and have done the same at 2 different tracks. And my 60' are around 2.6secs (horrible I know) I usually have to let off the gas 2-3 times in first due to wheelhop. It probably means that I suck at driving from a dig. Something that I will admit.

I beat those 4 all in fair races. 3 on street, and one on track, and I am confident that I can beat another one if given the opportunity. After racing the GC I got a speeding ticket that cost me $448 about a mile down the road. It took A LOT of determination to pull past it, and like I said it was not easy, I know I was upwards of 140mph by that point.

Last edited by Psykostevo; 06-04-2007 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Banned

I guess this is one of those " anything can happen on the streets " stories.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:39 PM

It's possible I was the one that posted that I hung with and or possibly edged out a SRT 300 for a 70mph roll to 110. This was before stage 3 PCM and poly mounts. But with 3 guys in the car and loaded down with camping gear and beer I find it a little harder to believe.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:16 PM

I guess this is one of those " anything can happen on the streets " stories.
Things just happen on the streets that the track can't possibly replicate. You can't roll race on a drag strip, nor are both drivers always the same level or preparedness on the street. That's why I usually let the other car go first in a roll race so I know they got a chance to start. It's not a science. Either is Drag racing. You could say you beat a faster car on the track, but say it had an inexperienced driver, or a malfunction. You still win, but you couldn't have beaten him in the pages of Motortrend Magazine.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Banned

Everyone is forgetting a few facts.

1. SRT-8 whether its a Magnum, Charger, 300C or Jeep have 4 speed autos. Great dig cars, horrible roll cars. The gearing sucks for a roll not to mention it takes a few seconds for the auto to kick down a gear.

2. Paddle shifting does not do ****, keep it in D. You are not going to gain an advantage with the paddle shifter from a roll except looking stupid when you ding it off the redline.

3. SRT-8 has a 120-130mph govenor, poof bitch be gone.

4. The SRT-8 Charger I raced from a 45 roll lost steam at 85 and about 100 I was two cars ahead of him by then.

5. It loses any power in it's power band after 5k RPM.

6. Those who actually hit 12's in any SRT-8 needed absolute mint conditions to hit that. I've only seen very few factory freaks in the 12's. That's a fact. It's also a fact most only run a mid 13 most of the time (driver error I guess, not sure what's so hard about launching an auto) . Those countless supposed thousands of cars that did hit 12's did on drag radials, intake and exhaust not to mention sea level heights and cooler weather.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:56 PM

Hey, you don't have to lie to kick it.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by cheesetits
Hey, you don't have to lie to kick it.
True That!

Just because one of us is cool doesn't mean the rest of you have to pretend you did it too to be more like me.

And Sneaky should have looked it up. Even my mom knew they had 5-speeds.

I never said SRT-8's were slow, because they are not. I don't brag about beating slow cars. Any of us could show up to the special olympics and get a medal.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by TheMaker
Not sneaky.

Dude, we can tell that he's not " Jellin' ".

Quick Reply: SS S/C vs 300c srt8