War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

SS S/C vs 300c srt8

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Psykostevo
It's just science!

I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am. You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us. It's science.

-Ron Burgundy
Old 07-21-2007, 09:44 AM

Hey you got the SRT and RT guys MAD.....Hehehehhe, yes we are here too!!!

I think I'm having a Cobalt SS for snack today
Old 07-21-2007, 09:51 AM

i've seen an integra with turbo eat a srt8 charger but like 4 to 4 cars seen on a stretch on the highway the charger just rolled down his windows and and gave the integra two thumbs up.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by djblass
i've seen an integra with turbo eat a srt8 charger but like 4 to 4 cars seen on a stretch on the highway the charger just rolled down his windows and and gave the integra two thumbs up.
Hey thinks can happend. and yes if you heavily modify your car chances are you can become one of the fastest. A stock SRT8 is pretty fast and that's without mods. Now add a S/C to it and you can see even bigger number added to the HP.

Originally Posted by h0l0caust
i was on the 3 lane bridge between Ottawa and Gatineau going around 70 kph, a white 300c srt-8 showed up right beside me. we went from around 70-75 to 180 kph (i think he got owned by the cutoff.). i had 3 car in front of him went he started slowing down, we were 3in the car. with a trunk full of camping chair and 72 beer....

the 300 c str-8 got a 6.1L V-8 producing 420 HP. still a big fat car. suposed to be a hight 13 sec car and weight 4160 pounds.

i dont know how many ppls he had in the car. the windows was dark like a cow ass. the only thing i saw was 2 lcd panel in the back of the front seats :P he had the stock 20" wheel.
BS!!!

OK, let see this for a moment.........uhmmmmmmmmmmm

Ok. so you raced a (possible) White STR8?? BS, not White STR8 were ever built
Ok, they had lots of junk in the trunk (ie camping gear, beer, and other crap) right??
OK, you only had him 3-4 car lenghts?? hehe

Now Lets reverse engineer this:

Take the beers and camping gear out of the car, only had the driver inside the car at the moment of the so call race.

Conclusion:

He will have you looking at his break lights from a 4-5 car distance. What you claim to beat was a standard HEMI 300C with possible SRT8 rims (probably the only mod) and you claim to have him 3-4 cars behind you... Are you sure he was racing with you??

[QUOTE=RT/340HP;1241078]Hey thinks can happend. and yes if you heavily modify your car chances are you can become one of the fastest. A stock SRT8 is pretty fast and that's without mods. Now add a S/C to it and you can see even bigger number added to the HP.

BS!!!

Ok. so you raced a (possible) White SRT8?? BS, not White SRT8 were ever built
Ok, they had lots of junk in the trunk (ie camping gear, beer, and other crap) right??

Take the beers and camping gear out of the car, only had the driver inside the car at the moment of the so call race.

Conclusion:

He will have you looking at his break lights from a 4-5 car distance. What you claim to beat was a standard HEMI 300C with possible SRT8 rims (probably the only mod) and you claim to have him 3-4 cars behind you... Are you sure he was racing with you??

[QUOTE=RT/340HP;1241078]Hey thinks can happend. and yes if you heavily modify your car chances are you can become one of the fastest. A stock SRT8 is pretty fast and that's without mods. Now add a S/C to it and you can see even bigger number added to the HP.

BS!!!

Conclusion:

He will have you looking at his break lights from a 4-5 car distance. What you claim to beat was a standard HEMI 300C with possible SRT8 rims (probably the only mod) and you claim to have him 3-4 cars behind you... Are you sure he was racing with you?

BS!!!

Ok. so you raced a (possible) White STR8?? BS, not White STR8 were ever built

Conclusion:

BS!!!

Conclusion:

He will have you looking at his break lights from a 4-5 car distance. What you claim to beat was a standard HEMI 300C with possible SRT8 rims (probably the only mod) and you claim to have him 3-4 cars behind you... Are you sure he was racing with you?

BS!!!

Conclusion:

Last edited by RT/340HP; 07-21-2007 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-21-2007, 10:15 AM

i don't know about heavily modified the car looked like **** from the outside didn't even have a muffler and the guys in the integra were laughing trynna tell the guy in the srt8 you paid so much for that piece of crap and i did was add a turbo and the guy in the srt8 rolled the windows and left
Old 07-21-2007, 10:43 AM

i was on the 3 lane bridge between Ottawa and Gatineau going around 70 kph, a white 300c srt-8 showed up right beside me. we went from around 70-75 to 180 kph (i think he got owned by the cutoff.). i had 3 car in front of him went he started slowing down, we were 3in the car. with a trunk full of camping chair and 72 beer....

the 300 c str-8 got a 6.1L V-8 producing 420 HP. still a big fat car. suposed to be a hight 13 sec car and weight 4160 pounds.

i dont know how many ppls he had in the car. the windows was dark like a cow ass. the only thing i saw was 2 lcd panel in the back of the front seats :P he had the stock 20" wheel.
Sorry there's no such thing as a white 300c srt8. Try again.
Second there is no cutoff on an srt8, they will max at 172mph, and will go 120mph in just 3rd gear.
You either raced a regular 300c (5.7)or a wannabe v6

It's just science!

From my experience the GC was faster than the other ones. If the world was perfect, you would be right everytime, and I probably would have pulled differently on them each and every time. They are not guaranteed to run a 13.3 each and everytime they go out. Nor am I going to run the same everytime. By the time I was able to determine that I clearly won against the other SRT-8's We were going so fast that I couldn't judge exaclty how far ahead I was. My eyes were fixed on the road for the most part.

What I have done in my car on the track is no indication of what my car is capable of on the freeway. My best is a 14.001 @106+ mph, and have done the same at 2 different tracks. And my 60' are around 2.6secs (horrible I know) I usually have to let off the gas 2-3 times in first due to wheelhop. It probably means that I suck at driving from a dig. Something that I will admit.

I beat those 4 all in fair races. 3 on street, and one on track, and I am confident that I can beat another one if given the opportunity. After racing the GC I got a speeding ticket that cost me $448 about a mile down the road. It took A LOT of determination to pull past it, and like I said it was not easy, I know I was upwards of 140mph by that point.
I have an r/t with just an intake, but pretty much stock. I run 13.8-14.0 all day in 90 degree weather in my 5.7, An srt8 is much faster. Never have I gotten over a 14.01. I usually would get about 4 runs every track meet, all consistent.

Originally Posted by sneaky
Everyone is forgetting a few facts.

1. SRT-8 whether its a Magnum, Charger, 300C or Jeep have 4 speed autos. Great dig cars, horrible roll cars. The gearing sucks for a roll not to mention it takes a few seconds for the auto to kick down a gear.

2. Paddle shifting does not do ****, keep it in D. You are not going to gain an advantage with the paddle shifter from a roll except looking stupid when you ding it off the redline.

3. SRT-8 has a 120-130mph govenor, poof bitch be gone.

4. The SRT-8 Charger I raced from a 45 roll lost steam at 85 and about 100 I was two cars ahead of him by then.

5. It loses any power in it's power band after 5k RPM.

6. Those who actually hit 12's in any SRT-8 needed absolute mint conditions to hit that. I've only seen very few factory freaks in the 12's. That's a fact. It's also a fact most only run a mid 13 most of the time (driver error I guess, not sure what's so hard about launching an auto) . Those countless supposed thousands of cars that did hit 12's did on drag radials, intake and exhaust not to mention sea level heights and cooler weather.
A definition of a fact = Truth
In His order from above

1. They have 5 speed Autos

2. You use it to start a roll race in a lower gear and it only takes a split sec.

3. SRT8 has no govenor it will reach 172mph, not sure of the jeep. the regular r/t 5.7 is the one with with limiter. there are videos on youtube of srt8's
doing high speed runs reaching 172mph.

4. If it's true your car runs mid 13's it could be possible, unlikely but possible.

5. the power loss is actually anything under 3500rpm after that they are monsters, due to our gears.

6. yes the ones who prep ( tire pressure, cooldowns, esp off) get 12's

Last edited by infernocharger07; 07-21-2007 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-21-2007, 10:59 AM

Man that is quite a kill. Ummmm....this has been an interesting thread......
Old 07-21-2007, 10:59 AM

i don't know about heavily modified the car looked like **** from the outside didn't even have a muffler and the guys in the integra were laughing trynna tell the guy in the srt8 you paid so much for that piece of crap and i did was add a turbo and the guy in the srt8 rolled the windows and left
You're lying son...plain and simple.

Here's what a STOCK SRT8 will do to your cars, with just drags on. How in the hell are your going to hang with that?

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7...2d0037bfd8.htm
Old 07-21-2007, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by fix8ed

Here's what a STOCK SRT8 will do to your cars, with just drags on. How in the hell are your going to hang with that?

Or even the jeep srt8
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/0...12014de16c.htm

It will take some very very serious mods to keep up.

But have u seen an integra with a turbo beat an srt8 with a turbo? NO

Last edited by infernocharger07; 07-21-2007 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-21-2007, 01:40 PM

Were you awake when all this happened? I can't believe you had the courage of putting all this lies in writing under your name... that takes *****...

Last edited by Carlos Garza; 07-21-2007 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-21-2007, 01:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
*sarcasm* Its impossible, because the magazines say its impossible.
thats how innanets racing works. didnt you know?

And welcome to the ******* trolls signing into our site to flame in the war stories section again.
Mods...please take note.....this section needs to be locked down or turfed.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:01 PM

Your welcome!!!!

Originally Posted by infernocharger07
Or even the jeep srt8

Not even a turbo....just add polish heads and CAMs that will the JOB or Better flash the computer and the SRT is gone

Last edited by RT/340HP; 07-21-2007 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-21-2007, 02:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
btw......every single SRT8 that is ever driven, anywhere, ALWAYS hits its best possible 1/4 mile time.

so anyone, anywhere, whos magazine time is > than that of the SRT8, is therefore lying about any race they have won.

Did i get the general idea of what you retards are tryin to say?

Kthx.

now gtfo.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by infernocharger07
Or even the jeep srt8

Not even a turbo....just add polish heads and CAMs that will do the JOB or Better flash the computer and the SRT is gone
Old 07-21-2007, 02:38 PM

look bro i have no reason to lie i've seen it with my own two eyes i was on the road on I-95 going north at night around 11:30 seen this black integra and this black charger srt8 the whole nine and then i just stop to let them race didn't want to get in between and the integra just ate him about 4 to 5 cars and i didn't say the integra was stock and it just had turbo cause the driver said it and the srt8 owner just rolled up his windows and left and the srt8 owner gave the integra guy two thumbs up.

Old 07-21-2007, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by an0malous
btw......every single SRT8 that is ever driven, anywhere, ALWAYS hits its best possible 1/4 mile time.

so anyone, anywhere, whos magazine time is > than that of the SRT8, is therefore lying about any race they have won.

Did i get the general idea of what you retards are tryin to say?

Kthx.

now gtfo.
You have to understand how ridicules this thread is. It’s not fiscally possible, there is just no way you could take on a SRT8 and come on top, much less by 3 cars.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Carlos Garza
You have to understand how ridicules this thread is. It’s not fiscally possible, there is just no way you could take on a SRT8 and come on top, much less by 3 cars.

Don't doubt it because YOU can't do it. I have beaten 4 SRT-8s with my SS.

2-300 SRT-8s
1-Charger SRT-8
1-Jeep SRT-8

And I have never come out of either of those races with more than a car length on them. And we are talkind 55-145mph runs in of those cases. It was always neck to neck, fighting for every inch!
Old 07-21-2007, 04:51 PM

2-300 SRT-8s
1-Charger SRT-8
1-Jeep SRT-8

And I have never come out of either of those races with more than a car length on them. And we are talkind 55-145mph runs in of those cases. It was always neck to neck, fighting for every inch!

No way have you beaten 4 SRT-8s with a 14 second car. No way.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:57 PM
syP

get off our board, trolls.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:18 PM

2-300 SRT-8s
1-Charger SRT-8
1-Jeep SRT-8

Depending on how fast your car is its not out of the question. The SRT-8's are nice and fast but not all that impressive on top end, especially the Jeep. I mean in the above video it only traps 101 in the 1/4! Not very good at all. It wouldn't break into the 13's if it were not for the fact that it goes 0-60 in like 4.5 seconds. They are a monster from a dig though. I raced one with a blower and he barely beat me on the top end and he had 160whp more than me. The 300C is the fastest SRT-8 though. Personally I dont think the op accomplished what he wrote but it seems to me that there ar a few on this site, with cobalts, who could beat one of these from a roll. Now a dig, thats a different story.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by MVDCGTO
Depending on how fast your car is its not out of the question. The SRT-8's are nice and fast but not all that impressive on top end, especially the Jeep. I mean in the above video it only traps 101 in the 1/4! Not very good at all. It wouldn't break into the 13's if it were not for the fact that it goes 0-60 in like 4.5 seconds. They are a monster from a dig though. I raced one with a blower and he barely beat me on the top end and he had 160whp more than me. The 300C is the fastest SRT-8 though. Personally I dont think the op accomplished what he wrote but it seems to me that there ar a few on this site, with cobalts, who could beat one of these from a roll. Now a dig, thats a different story.
You're missing the fact that the OP said he beat a white SRT8. There is no such animal.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:27 PM

You're missing the fact that the OP said he beat a white SRT8. There is no such animal.

Agreed!
Old 07-21-2007, 06:22 PM

Seems like everybody gets all butt hurt when a cobalt beats thier brand of car. I doubt anyone would call bullshit when I tell them how I CRUSHED R/Ts and SRT-8s with the Goat. But if I were to even suggest that I could do it with my 'balt (that is fast becoming just as quick as my Goat) people would flip.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by aja342
Seems like everybody gets all butt hurt when a cobalt beats thier brand of car. I doubt anyone would call bullshit when I tell them how I CRUSHED R/Ts and SRT-8s with the Goat. But if I were to even suggest that I could do it with my 'balt (that is fast becoming just as quick as my Goat) people would flip.
Is your balt putting this 239whp, 220wtq right now?? If so then, i dont see how is it becoming as fast as a goat.

BTW, nice color
Old 07-21-2007, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by RT/340HP
Is your balt putting this 239whp, 220wtq right now?? If so then, i dont see how is it becoming as fast as a goat.

BTW, nice color
Thanks

I am still down range so progress is on hold till I get home. I have all the supporting mods done or have the parts to do them. I am just waiting on HPTuners and a smaller pully. Seeing how I have a year to go (+/- depending on congress) I am in no hurry. I should be able to get into the 270whp befor spray.

I realy miss the Goat though lol.

Quick Reply: SS S/C vs 300c srt8