War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

SS S/C vs 300c srt8

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah those "classic" 4 door muscle cars are really gonna worth some money some day...
Old 07-23-2007, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by sneaky
Everyone is forgetting a few facts.

1. SRT-8 whether its a Magnum, Charger, 300C or Jeep have 4 speed autos. Great dig cars, horrible roll cars. The gearing sucks for a roll not to mention it takes a few seconds for the auto to kick down a gear.

2. Paddle shifting does not do ****, keep it in D. You are not going to gain an advantage with the paddle shifter from a roll except looking stupid when you ding it off the redline.

3. SRT-8 has a 120-130mph govenor, poof bitch be gone.

4. The SRT-8 Charger I raced from a 45 roll lost steam at 85 and about 100 I was two cars ahead of him by then.

5. It loses any power in it's power band after 5k RPM.

6. Those who actually hit 12's in any SRT-8 needed absolute mint conditions to hit that. I've only seen very few factory freaks in the 12's. That's a fact. It's also a fact most only run a mid 13 most of the time (driver error I guess, not sure what's so hard about launching an auto) . Those countless supposed thousands of cars that did hit 12's did on drag radials, intake and exhaust not to mention sea level heights and cooler weather.
Check out how the SRT8 "governor" does... definitely you don't know what you are talking about...

Old 07-23-2007, 10:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Carlos Garza
Check out how the SRT8 "governor" does... definitely you don't know what you are talking about...
Then you might want to tell these guys that then. I also made an inital typo I believe when I said it was a 4 speed. I meant to type 5. You know humans make mistakes. Oh boy flame away like everyone does when you make a typo mistake... :: Also, I only see that it has a top speed of 170 in the 07's. I cannot verify that for the 06... perhaps I'm just blowing smoke but... I dunno..

It says if you "ungovern" the car it can make it to 170. Otherwise it's "goverend" (from the factory) it's 155. So........technically without making a modifcation the car is limited to 155? So then we are both wrong..

http://www.chron.com/class/cars/feat...le/022906.html

http://www.modernracer.com/chrysler300csrt8.html

That is where I picked up some of the information from. This website. I'm not claiming the holy grail of Dodge knowledge as I obviously don't care to be honest. Dodge to me is a waste of time IMO.

2005-2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8

The 300C is Chrysler's new take on the all-American large sedan. The top-of-the-range SRT8 packs an even bigger HEMI V8 into a rear-wheel-drive, unique three-box shape with tons of tweaked Mercedes-Benz parts.

Base price : $39,370 Get a free price quote

Engine : V8, OHV, front engine RWD
Displacement : 6,059 cc
Valve : 16 valves, 2 valves per cylinder
Transmission : 5-spd automanual
Fuel economy : city - 14 mpg
highway - 19 mpg

Suspension : F - Independent double wishbone
R - Independent multilink
Brakes : F - Vented discs
R - Vented discs

Horsepower : 425 hp @ 6200 rpm
Torque : 420 lb-ft @ 4800 rpm
Redline : 6400 rpm

Top speed : 130 mph(electronically limited)
0-60 mph : 4.9 sec.
0-ź mile : 13.2 sec @ 108.1 mph
60-0 braking distance : 113 ft
200 ft skidpad : 0.88 g

Averages are based on collection of data.
Curb Weight : 4190 lbs
Overall length : 196.8 in.
Wheelbase : 120.0 in.
Overall Width : 74.1 in.
Height : 57.9 in.

I would also like to say that I believe the original poster in his thread as everyone else may not. I know though after looking they didn't make an SRT-8 300C in white. I would like to quell everything and say "Good kill on the 300C non-SRT8". No car is invisible as everyone wants to think in a little world they create.

Last edited by 3fo893013L; 07-23-2007 at 10:50 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:58 PM

Then you might want to tell these guys that then. I also made an inital typo I believe when I said it was a 4 speed. I meant to type 5. You know humans make mistakes. Oh boy flame away like everyone does when you make a typo mistake... :: Also, I only see that it has a top speed of 170 in the 07's. I cannot verify that for the 06... perhaps I'm just blowing smoke but... I dunno..

It says if you "ungovern" the car it can make it to 170. Otherwise it's "goverend" (from the factory) it's 155. So........technically without making a modifcation the car is limited to 155? So then we are both wrong..

http://www.chron.com/class/cars/feat...le/022906.html

http://www.modernracer.com/chrysler300csrt8.html

That is where I picked up some of the information from. This website. I'm not claiming the holy grail of Dodge knowledge as I obviously don't care to be honest. Dodge to me is a waste of time IMO.

2005-2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8

The 300C is Chrysler's new take on the all-American large sedan. The top-of-the-range SRT8 packs an even bigger HEMI V8 into a rear-wheel-drive, unique three-box shape with tons of tweaked Mercedes-Benz parts.

Base price : $39,370 Get a free price quote

Engine : V8, OHV, front engine RWD
Displacement : 6,059 cc
Valve : 16 valves, 2 valves per cylinder
Transmission : 5-spd automanual
Fuel economy : city - 14 mpg
highway - 19 mpg

Suspension : F - Independent double wishbone
R - Independent multilink
Brakes : F - Vented discs
R - Vented discs

Horsepower : 425 hp @ 6200 rpm
Torque : 420 lb-ft @ 4800 rpm
Redline : 6400 rpm

Top speed : 130 mph(electronically limited)
0-60 mph : 4.9 sec.
0-ź mile : 13.2 sec @ 108.1 mph
60-0 braking distance : 113 ft
200 ft skidpad : 0.88 g

Averages are based on collection of data.
Curb Weight : 4190 lbs
Overall length : 196.8 in.
Wheelbase : 120.0 in.
Overall Width : 74.1 in.
Height : 57.9 in.

I would also like to say that I believe the original poster in his thread as everyone else may not. I know though after looking they didn't make an SRT-8 300C in white. I would like to quell everything and say "Good kill on the 300C non-SRT8". No car is invisible as everyone wants to think in a little world they create.

NO srt8's have govenors. my RT can hit 145 all day long. now why would they let the RT go faster than the srt8????
Old 07-23-2007, 11:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by charger
NO srt8's have govenors. my RT can hit 145 all day long. now why would they let the RT go faster than the srt8????
Look, I'm not here for flame war but someone won't make countless articles stating that it has one if it didn't right? Like I said, I could really care less about this. Just bringing attention to findings thats all. I could tell you my Cobalt can go to 160 (of course it would get brushed off) but I've had it to 158 and decided that if it can go that fast I will leave it where it's at.

So what if a 4100lb brick can go over 170. If your going that fast, imagine what slowing down will be like. You won't if you had something jump in front of you.

Last edited by 3fo893013L; 07-23-2007 at 11:35 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:55 PM

Don't trust that web site, they don't know **** about cars... NO SRT8's have governors... Before you keep putting your head in your ass talking **** about the SRT8, go and test drive one so you'll know first hand what you are talking about and understand how ridiculous this thread really is...
Old 07-24-2007, 12:12 AM

Everyone is forgetting a few facts.
2. Paddle shifting does not do ****, keep it in D. You are not going to gain an advantage with the paddle shifter from a roll except looking stupid when you ding it off the redline.
.....so...using paddle shifters, like I do in m Grand Prix, to make sure you're in the right gear when you get on it, then shifting up, then slipping it into D is not an advantage? Funny, I'd think you'd WANT to start in the right gear rather than wait for the downshift..I could be wrong, however.

Look, I'm not here for flame war but someone won't make countless articles stating that it has one if it didn't right? Like I said, I could really care less about this. Just bringing attention to findings thats all. I could tell you my Cobalt can go to 160 (of course it would get brushed off) but I've had it to 158 and decided that if it can go that fast I will leave it where it's at.

So what if a 4100lb brick can go over 170. If your going that fast, imagine what slowing down will be like. You won't if you had something jump in front of you.
So now we go from "Has a low governor" to "Imagine if you were going that fast and tried to stop!" That has nothing to do with it not having a governor, and you being wrong.

Last edited by Onyx Dragon; 07-24-2007 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-24-2007, 06:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Onyx Dragon
.....so...using paddle shifters, like I do in m Grand Prix, to make sure you're in the right gear when you get on it, then shifting up, then slipping it into D is not an advantage? Funny, I'd think you'd WANT to start in the right gear rather than wait for the downshift..I could be wrong, however.

So now we go from "Has a low governor" to "Imagine if you were going that fast and tried to stop!" That has nothing to do with it not having a governor, and you being wrong.
ugh... I already stated I wasn't right. Quit trying to inflate your e-dick larger then the rest.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:03 PM

Thanks for correcting your original 5 unfactual, "facts."

About stopping these "bricks," they have 4 piston brembos w/slotted rotors that stop this car as fast if not faster than your brakes stop your econobox.

Also, the SRT8s are not goverend and will reach the top speed of 170 faster than your cobalt can hit 160. Your link is form some obscure source...try the real review.

Here's a good place to start (Car and Driver): Click here

Notice the "Top speed (redline limited): 173 mph"
Old 07-24-2007, 12:04 PM
NYT

ugh... I already stated I wasn't right. Quit trying to inflate your e-dick larger then the rest.
dude, youre just making idiotic claims that you have no factual evidence over. im guessing its because youre jealous that you dont own a proper muscle car like a gto, mustang or charger/300/magnum. i understand you being proud of your car but goddamn, when i was driving a grand prix at 17, i didnt think i was on the same level as a ferrari. comparing the performance of a cobalt to a $40k car is ridiculous.

i think the SS is a cute car. i would def have my girlfriend drive one if she already wasnt driving a mustang gt.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NYT
dude, youre just making idiotic claims that you have no factual evidence over. im guessing its because youre jealous that you dont own a proper muscle car like a gto, mustang or charger/300/magnum. i understand you being proud of your car but goddamn, when i was driving a grand prix at 17, i didnt think i was on the same level as a ferrari. comparing the performance of a cobalt to a $40k car is ridiculous.

i think the SS is a cute car. i would def have my girlfriend drive one if she already wasnt driving a mustang gt.
I never compared my car to a car that costs $20k more Also, I've driven much nicer cars then Dodges. That would be the last car I would ever drive so to make a claim that I am jealous doesn't seem right. mmkay thanx
Old 07-24-2007, 05:20 PM

I never compared my car to a car that costs $20k more Also, I've driven much nicer cars then Dodges. That would be the last car I would ever drive so to make a claim that I am jealous doesn't seem right. mmkay thanx
funny that you would rather own a cobalt ss than a charger. just so you know, cobalts are chick cars. guys that drive them are gay.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:24 PM

I'm late to this thread but the O.P is out of his mind. 3 cars on an srt-8 what kinda madness is that.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:26 PM
Banned

funny that you would rather own a cobalt ss than a charger. just so you know, cobalts are chick cars. guys that drive them are gay.
I'd much rather drive a Chevy then a Dodge any day of the week. It's ok, don't hate if you don't like Cobalts, not everyone does. I don't like Chargers because it was never designed to be a 4 door muscle car, why they call it a Charger beats me... if Dodge wants to ruin a *legendary* car like that let em.

Well I guess if gay guys drive Cobalts this whole site is guilty and should just come out of the Closet right now . Only reason why guys drive powerful cars such as a Hemi is to make up for something they don't have below the waste. Also, Dodge ruined a peferctly good powertrain by putting in an automatic. If it was a stick then it might be considered a better overall choice for most but thats why the rest of the fan base (specfically older men) didn't buy it because of that reason. I would never compare this car to the old muscle era because it's not on par with it. Old Hemi > New Hemi

Flame away!
Old 07-24-2007, 06:53 PM
NYT

you must be confused. the comparison between the two is exactly what this thread has become. the problem here is there is no comparison.

i dont hate the cobalt. i would never buy one because i have to drive everyday as part of work. if i had to drive my 02 SS everyday, my brain would be scrambled just like the rest of my body from the harsh ride and loud engine noise.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:42 PM

I'd much rather drive a Chevy then a Dodge any day of the week. It's ok, don't hate if you don't like Cobalts, not everyone does. I don't like Chargers because it was never designed to be a 4 door muscle car, why they call it a Charger beats me... if Dodge wants to ruin a *legendary* car like that let em.

Well I guess if gay guys drive Cobalts this whole site is guilty and should just come out of the Closet right now . Only reason why guys drive powerful cars such as a Hemi is to make up for something they don't have below the waste. Also, Dodge ruined a peferctly good powertrain by putting in an automatic. If it was a stick then it might be considered a better overall choice for most but thats why the rest of the fan base (specfically older men) didn't buy it because of that reason. I would never compare this car to the old muscle era because it's not on par with it. Old Hemi > New Hemi

Flame away!
Seriously, I have neither the SRT-8 or a cobalt, but dude, you have lost any amount of credibility that you had. I don't think you are smart enough to know that you are a *******, but you really need to stop.

Kudo's to those in here that actually realize what a joke this thread is. The SRT-8 has *****...big ones. To even think that the OP and some of the others in here can even hang with one of them just shows how utterly stupid some of you are.

To you guys that really have fast cars, believe me when I tell you, all cobalt owners aren't as stupid as some of the ones in here.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Pfizer
Seriously, I have neither the SRT-8 or a cobalt, but dude, you have lost any amount of credibility that you had. I don't think you are smart enough to know that you are a *******, but you really need to stop.

Kudo's to those in here that actually realize what a joke this thread is. The SRT-8 has *****...big ones. To even think that the OP and some of the others in here can even hang with one of them just shows how utterly stupid some of you are.

To you guys that really have fast cars, believe me when I tell you, all cobalt owners aren't as stupid as some of the ones in here.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:43 PM

Flame away!
Could you please tell me what is the difference between the Old Hemi and the New Hemi? and What makes the old hemi > than the new hemi?
Old 07-24-2007, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pfizer

You win the thread!
Old 07-24-2007, 08:45 PM

I'm not, I just hate when people spout off about stuff they know nothing about.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by fix8ed
You win the thread!
yep... by 3-4 cars!!! just like the Cobalt vs. the "white" 300 SRT8!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Banned

considering half the people who posted are from another forum, I don't really care Since no one here can really be the bigger man about dropping the subject I will. I'm sure more then half of you been wrong about something in your life and now it's your chance to look "cool" for once so well now ya have it. You guys are just so damn cool I don't even know what to say.

BTW, this isn't High School, I don't have credibilty nor do I need an "image" to look cool. It's too bad those who just signed up will never get out of that mentality, that's how you can tell the difference between owners. Also, the SRT neva loses!

Last edited by 3fo893013L; 07-24-2007 at 11:14 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:22 PM

considering half the people who posted are from another forum, I don't really care Since no one here can really be the bigger man about dropping the subject I will. I'm sure more then half of you been wrong about something in your life and now it's your chance to look "cool" for once so well now ya have it. You guys are just so damn cool I don't even know what to say.

BTW, this isn't High School, I don't have credibilty nor do I need an "image" to look cool. It's too bad those who just signed up will never get out of that mentality, that's how you can tell the difference between owners. Also, the SRT neva loses!
I get my srt on wed. wanna race for pinks?
Old 07-24-2007, 11:35 PM
Banned

I get my srt on wed. wanna race for pinks?
ROFL!! PINKS!! I'd race for the fun of it I'm not big into betting with money. Something about responsibility and paying bills and a house kinda put that in the back burner. However, if your ever down in Michigan then I'd be happy to meet up and check the ride out. In the car club I am in a gentleman who is just finishing his turbo swap would best be suited to race you then I would if your looking for a good competitive race.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:41 PM

Ah, ignore us. A lost of us who have been on car forums for awhile are jaded and just associate a younger car demographic as being like clubsi.

Quick Reply: SS S/C vs 300c srt8