War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

SS S/C vs 300c srt8

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 11:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Onyx Dragon
Ah, ignore us. A lost of us who have been on car forums for awhile are jaded and just associate a younger car demographic as being like clubsi.
It honestly takes a lot to rattle me and everyone has there own agenda with there cars. Honestly a while back when the Charger came out it sorta interested me but I lost all interest after gas prices went sky high, overcharging for 1st year cars and the fact that it won't be winter friendly made me end up buying the Cobalt. I actually have two of them which I would suggest never buying two of the same vehicles but they still came out cheaper overall in insurance, gas and up keep over the Charger. It was nice to know I could buy four tires for my balt for the price of one on the Charger.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by sneaky
It honestly takes a lot to rattle me and everyone has there own agenda with there cars. Honestly a while back when the Charger came out it sorta interested me but I lost all interest after gas prices went sky high, overcharging for 1st year cars and the fact that it won't be winter friendly made me end up buying the Cobalt. I actually have two of them which I would suggest never buying two of the same vehicles but they still came out cheaper overall in insurance, gas and up keep over the Charger. It was nice to know I could buy four tires for my balt for the price of one on the Charger.
Yeah, a set of decent all seasons for my GTP (Pirelli PZero Neros) ran me around $130 each.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by charger
I get my srt on wed. wanna race for pinks?
I do!, I'd love another srt parked outside.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by xonic
I do!, I'd love another srt parked outside.
HAHA. Nice
Old 07-25-2007, 01:11 AM

Ok, its pretty obvious that for the most part Cobalt owners have a bad 'rep', and rightfully so. I'll be the first to admit that! I also think it comes with having a car that is directed at a younger crowd, you tend to find more douche bags, and they ruin it for the rest.

Now with the other car(s) in question here, They're directed at more of an older crowd, which you would think would have a little bit more of a mature group of guys... That's apparently not the case here! First question would be, WHY do you guys care what a bunch of 'teenagers' think, and/or write on their own forum?? Does our forum have such a strong influence that its gonna change the worlds opinion on the SRT vehicle's? I really just don't get it. ****, I dont even bother posting much on the forum because of the BS that is said by some Cobalt owners, now why the hell would you guys even bother taking the time to sign up and talk trash? Seems kinda pointless to me, no?

Its VERY obvious the OP made a mistake and said it was an SRT, when it was probably just a 300C. So why not let it die, he admitted he made a mistake.

GOOD GOD MAN, What does it take for 'mods' to lock a thread around here????
Old 07-25-2007, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by WPG SS/SC
Ok, its pretty obvious that for the most part Cobalt owners have a bad 'rep', and rightfully so. I'll be the first to admit that! I also think it comes with having a car that is directed at a younger crowd, you tend to find more douche bags, and they ruin it for the rest.

Now with the other car(s) in question here, They're directed at more of an older crowd, which you would think would have a little bit more of a mature group of guys... That's apparently not the case here! First question would be, WHY do you guys care what a bunch of 'teenagers' think, and/or write on their own forum?? Does our forum have such a strong influence that its gonna change the worlds opinion on the SRT vehicle's? I really just don't get it. ****, I dont even bother posting much on the forum because of the BS that is said by some Cobalt owners, now why the hell would you guys even bother taking the time to sign up and talk trash? Seems kinda pointless to me, no?

Its VERY obvious the OP made a mistake and said it was an SRT, when it was probably just a 300C. So why not let it die, he admitted he made a mistake.

Well, no one likes to be insulted, especially in something you're proud of, your car. This same thing would have happened in the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, etc had the internet been around. There is some stereotyping going on with age, I'll admit, I am as guilty as the next person, and I apologize and will work to not do that. Anyway, as I said, it's the net, take it with a grain of salt.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:06 PM

Not to flare things up again, but I believe the 300C has the same engine as the Charger R/T. I ran against a R/T this year and it wasn't easy reeling this car in. We both had to shutdown before I completely walked him. It was a Yellow Top Bannana. So beating that car is no easy task either.

I would think that stock for stock, at the very least, a race between a Cobalt SS and a Charger R/T would be dead even.

Motor Trend

Cobalt SS

Engine 2.0L/205-hp supercharged I-4, DOHC, 4 valves/cyl
0-60 mph, sec 6.0
1/4 mile, sec @ mph 14.5 @ 98.2

Dodge Charger R/T

Engine 5.7L/350-hp V-8, cast-iron block, alum heads
0-60 mph, sec 5.9
1/4 mile 14.1 sec @ 100.9 mph

BTW, these are all stock claims. All bets are off when it comes to modding.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:53 PM

I think you are correct. From what ive seen the RT runs a 1/10th slower in the 1/4 mile then the 300c does, but has the same engine. I personally think it comes down to a drivers race, with the 300c/RT having the slight advantage over the SS/SC. When it comes to modded SS's, at this point I dont think there are more then a handful of SS's that can even keep up with a stock SRT 300/Charger.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:02 PM

Hi There, I am JT from Dallas AND the Charger Forums. Sorry to ruin your picnic, but there is no white SRT8 Charger. R/T, yes, SRT8, no. It was probably a poser in a 2.7litre rental wanna-be.

Understand that any SRT8 will eat a stock Cobalt for lunch. The Cobalt is a nice car, and probably very tunable, but it's not a muscle car. Comparing the Charger to a Cobalt in any form is comparing apples to oranges.

The SRT8 boasts a 425hp engine, and 400lb feet of torque. Some of us are hitting 0-60 in the low 4's w/no mods, and running the 1/4 mile in the high 12s... bone stock. Sorry to rock your world buddy.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:38 PM

Holy ****!! JT, I am sooo glad you came on to clear that up. Your e-dick must have grown at LEAST an inch there

Old 07-25-2007, 07:04 PM

Holy ****!! JT, I am sooo glad you came on to clear that up. Your e-dick must have grown at LEAST an inch there

HAHA..no no..no lock..leave it open, let's see how many other SRT owners jump in late on this
Old 07-25-2007, 08:15 PM

Flooring it whenever you see another vehicle that is faster than you while they maintain the speed limit is not racing.

Getting caught getting it on with your mom, now there is some racing.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:31 PM

You know it already made its way over......
LOOK!!

try this one now.

htp://www.srtforums/forums/showthread.php?p=5054540#post5054540

put the t in http

Last edited by i_got_a_srt; 07-25-2007 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-25-2007, 08:35 PM

I LOVE this!!! Turns out I dont belong to the most immature forum/group of car enthusiasts!
Just out of curiosity what is the average age of you guys??
Old 07-25-2007, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by h0l0caust
i had 3 car in front of him went he started slowing down, we were 3in the car. with a trunk full of camping chair and 72 beer....
The same age as this tard that posted this on here.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:00 PM

You just proved my point even more!! Its VERY obvious that it wasn't an SRT, and even after the guy said himself it wasn't.
Ok now just about anyone that keeps up with cars these days will know an SRT8 is no joke. The thing has over 400hp/tq for *** sakes, Of course its gonna move very well!
So back I go to my question from before - WHAT DO YOU GUYS CARE WHAT A BUNCH OF 'IMMATURE TEENAGERS' HAVE TO SAY ON THERE OWN FORUM??

Last edited by WPG SS/SC; 07-25-2007 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:44 PM

Cobalts are nothing more than "wanna be muscle cars" If I could not afford a brand new Charger, I would rather buy a $ 15,000 2002 mustang GT, charger r/t, camaro, anyting with a V8, than a brand new Cobalt...

This is more like a Cobalt SS race...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJKxzgog2_Q

Not agaist muscle cars

Last edited by Carlos Garza; 07-25-2007 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-25-2007, 11:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Carlos Garza
Cobalts are nothing more than "wanna be muscle cars" If I could not afford a brand new Charger, I would rather buy a $ 15,000 2002 mustang GT, charger r/t, camaro, anyting with a V8, than a brand new Cobalt...

Not agaist muscle cars

Lol wow that SE-R had the worst driver I've ever seen!
Old 07-25-2007, 11:19 PM
The Stig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who ever claimed the Cobalt was a 'muscle car' ?

You know, a muscle car doesn't always need a v8.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MarcS
Who ever claimed the Cobalt was a 'muscle car' ?

You know, a muscle car doesn't always need a v8.

Truuf
Old 07-26-2007, 12:22 AM

Not agaist muscle cars
Your charger is NOT a muscle car. It's a four door. Muscle cars are coupes, have a midsized body, and stuff the biggest engine they can into it, and have a functional back seat. The ONLY domestic car that fits that category currently is the GTO. When the Challenger comes out, provided Chrys Corp doesn't four door it, it will also be a muscle car. Four doors != muscle cars. They = family movers, and this is coming from a guy who owns a four door.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:23 AM

Not agaist muscle cars

not everyone here wants a gas guzzling V8 RWD for there daily driver.... My car gets winter driver and some of the winters we get here, I cant image driving a RWD car, I am actullay more of a truck guy but owning a new truck doesnt fit into my price range and my truck isnt much of a daily driver with 38.5" swampers on it. I orginlly planed on buying a non s/c cobalt just for a daily driver but when i seen the ss/sc at the dealer when i was going to sign my papers and pick up my 2.4/ss i kinda fell in love with the car and changed my mind. Its a great car, good fuel econmy and still has enough power to hang in/take down some "fast" muscle cars and with few mods these cars can be made pretty fast......
Now on to the race, most likey it wasnt a SRT8, probally a R/T that looked like one.... but that doesnt give you guys the right to come on here and start bashing our cars. You trolls are inmature and need a life. Does anybody even know the mods on the cobalt?? I know for a fact that the R/T vs ss/sc stock vs stock is a drivers race, even from a dig but the srt8 will require quite a few mods to beat one. Now if you guys want to stay and hang out on our forums, cool but dont bash out cars on OUR forums!!

Heres a "wannabe" cobalt muslce car.....
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/victory_red_ss-goes-rwd-48074/
search around the forums and you should be able to find pics and more info on it.....
Old 07-26-2007, 07:37 AM

imo muscle cars were produce between the 60's, 70's. there is no more "muscle car"
Old 07-26-2007, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by h0l0caust
imo muscle cars were produce between the 60's, 70's. there is no more "muscle car"
Yeah, thats true.... thats when the best RWD V8's were made....
What would a person call modern day RWD V8s now though?
Old 07-26-2007, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by rick1217
Yeah, thats true.... thats when the best RWD V8's were made....
What would a person call modern day RWD V8s now though?

There's one muscle car that fits the bill, as I said, GTO. Just like there's only one pony car left, the Mustang. Though with the Camaro coming back, and the challenger, that'll be two. The Charger is not a muscle car. It was Mercedes trying to cash in on a name plate that they didn't care about the history of.

Quick Reply: SS S/C vs 300c srt8