War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

SS/SC + 350z

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hatrickstu
thats your opinion and i respect that, but what does a guys dick have to do with that?
Trying to prove their all man.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by EvlPeanut
My personal opinion, guys that "roll race" or "race from dig" on city streets or highways, are just trying to over compensate for their tiny dicks.

I know people that have been hurt by street racers and have hurt themselves street racing.

IMO, all racing should be done on the track. period.

If I hear one more person whining about street racing Ill puke. You people are the same type that got rid of lawn darts and playgrounds made out of old tires. Same people that send your kids into the world not knowing what the hell to expect. If you dont like what they did follow them to there house and beat there ass. Just quit crying.
I agree and disagree with alot of things in this thread. Street racing doesnt have to be your vision of reckless run cars off the road and drink a 12 pack fast and furiose style. If the people involved are even half way machure it isnt a big deal. Your alot more likely to have some idiot pull out in front of you or rearend you then to be smashed by a street racer.
Roll racing versus A dig? If you want to be a drag racer then go from a dig. Roll racing is racing but it isnt drag racing. Also the tuner world didnt create this crazy thing called roll racing. Racing from a roll was always around. Usually after the race from a dig it was used as an excuse to race again to check other outcomes. I have no problem with either type. As long as people keep it under control. Live a little people.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by kohl
If I hear one more person whining about street racing Ill puke. You people are the same type that got rid of lawn darts and playgrounds made out of old tires. Same people that send your kids into the world not knowing what the hell to expect. If you dont like what they did follow them to there house and beat there ass. Just quit crying.
Man, you going to get the dry heaves from all of that puking your going to do. Be sure to drink lots of fluids.

My opinion is racing should be done on the track period. I'm not going to rag on somebody for racing in the streets, just because I think its stupid doesn't I'm going to bitch and moan and complain and "whine". I stated my opinion and I'm ending it at that.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by 280Z1977
It is not racing, it is an excuse for people that are too dumb or too lazy to build or buy a car that can hook.

It is fun in your opinion, IMO it is dangerous and stupid and the cause of MOST "street "racing"" accidents.

The disadvantage is that you are going at a set MPH not a set RPM.

Obviously anybody with a legitimately fast car will agree with me, roll "racing" is a joke.

"Roll racing is dumb" was inspired by guys who are tired of getting walked by cars that should "technically" be slower than them.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by IonNinja
"Roll racing is dumb" was inspired by guys who are tired of getting walked by cars that should "technically" be slower than them.
Exactly. All the AWD guys use the "roll racing is teh ghey" excuse, since their cars suck from a roll. All I have to say to that is "deal with it".
Old 05-16-2006, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by AmericanMuscle
Exactly. All the AWD guys use the "roll racing is teh ghey" excuse, since their cars suck from a roll. All I have to say to that is "deal with it".
Guess what, ROLL RACING SUCKS ASS!!!! Anyone can roll race! Racing from a dig seperate the men from the boys!!!!
Old 05-16-2006, 07:21 PM

Actually, the whole idea of roll racing was made by all the FWD that were tired of losing to RWD cars by enormous car legnths. The said FWD cars were civics and the RWD were 5.0's and TT RX7/300ZX TT

Just some history.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
Actually, the whole idea of roll racing was made by all the FWD that were tired of losing to RWD cars by enormous car legnths. The said FWD cars were civics and the RWD were 5.0's and TT RX7/300ZX TT

Just some history.
not trying to be mean but how in the world could your prove that
Old 05-16-2006, 07:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have to agree when racing ANY car you should always race from a dig AND from a roll, its only fair.

Ive met people with fast ass cars that run 13's because they cant get traction but in a roll race they run with 500 hp corvettes with ease.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:26 PM

not trying to be mean but how in the world could your prove that
I have no "proof" per se, but just to say that roll racing became more popular when powerful FWD cars became more common. While I assume there was always "roll" racing such as a 69 Camaro racing a 71 'cuda from a 40 happened in the 1970's, roll racing has became more popular with the advant of more performance FWD cars.

While it is not post hoc, ergo propter hoc, I think that it is a logical conclusion.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by EvlPeanut
Trying to prove their all man.
It's: "They're", not: "their"
Old 05-16-2006, 11:06 PM
Banned

Wow, you must feel pretty awesome insulting people about how fast there cars are

If you want to play that game, how about you compare your factory riced out fart can pimpin' piece of **** STi to my LS1 F-Body?? Thats right, you get owned, so STFU about other peoples rides *******.
This is a quote from my local street racing site, by a guy with an 8 second GTA that he also uses for track events...
You basically just made my argument for me . . . it's ONLY about how much power a car makes, not about if the driver can drive, not about if the suspension works, nothing. It's the Special Olympics of racing . . . for retards ONLY. Why not just scale the cars, then go to a dyno and race calculators??? It's be safer and less wear and tear on the cars!! If all that weren't enough, there's no clear-cut start OR finish line . . . some ******* can do a ricer flyby and claim he won even though the other guy had 10 cars on him when he let off.

I stand by my statement that freeway racing is just plain gay. Learn to drive and learn to tune a chassis . . . if you can't do that, go find another hobby.

Also AmericanMuscle I break off stock LS1s all the time and some slightly modded, how does my car = POS? Is that resale value jealousy??
Old 05-16-2006, 11:09 PM
Banned

i beleive that a high HP and torque FWD car will need a LSD, no doubt about it, but in a STOCK COBALT which is what we are talking about there has been no edge for the LSD equipped ones, why dont you actually consider the cars in argument and not highly modded highly powerful cars moron
Even fast06SS in his Cobalt says he needs an LSD. Also all ralliartist said was that, "LSDs were useless for STRAIGHT LINE performence". Which is entirely wrong!!
Old 05-16-2006, 11:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by IonNinja
Like Gloveperson said, roll racing was made popular by slow ass FWD cars and supras that can't hook. PERIOD.

How many N.R.R.A (Nation Roll Racing Association) events have you guys been too???
Old 05-16-2006, 11:13 PM

Also AmericanMuscle I break off stock LS1s all the time and some slightly modded, how does my car = POS? Is that resale value jealousy??
I wonder if he notices my signature has not one, but two fourth gen F-bodies...one being an LS1 powered one too
Old 05-16-2006, 11:16 PM
Banned

I wonder if he notices my signature has not one, but two fourth gen F-bodies...one being an LS1 powered one too
My bad Glove, I like LS1 F-bodies that wasn't directed at you, just him for calling my car a POS, which with you being level headed and intelligent would not say.

LS1s are awesome, hope to have one in my Z.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:25 PM

My bad Glove, I like LS1 F-bodies that wasn't directed at you, just him for calling my car a POS, which with you being level headed and intelligent would not say.

LS1s are awesome, hope to have one in my Z.
The he wasn't directed at you though, was directed at the person you quoted.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:31 AM
Banned

The he wasn't directed at you though, was directed at the person you quoted.
OHHHHH...
Old 05-17-2006, 01:27 PM

Even fast06SS in his Cobalt says he needs an LSD. Also all ralliartist said was that, "LSDs were useless for STRAIGHT LINE performence". Which is entirely wrong!!
Oh how I love that commun misconception!! An LSD is good in some many ways!!!
Old 05-17-2006, 01:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SS4ME
Oh how I love that commun misconception!! An LSD is good in some many ways!!!
I am just wondering how it got started...

3.5 Altimas have equal length halfshafts and they are in dire need of an LSD because when driven hard they torquesteer like a ****.

Just because STOCK Cobalts do or do not run the same times with or without an LSD doesn't mean all cars do that.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:41 PM

I am just wondering how it got started...

3.5 Altimas have equal length halfshafts and they are in dire need of an LSD because when driven hard they torquesteer like a ****.

Just because STOCK Cobalts do or do not run the same times with or without an LSD doesn't mean all cars do that.
It started because people need to justify what they wish they had!! I wish I had the LSD but I'm still happy!!!!
Old 05-17-2006, 01:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for taking up for me american muscle. as for 280Z1977I, WTF are you posting about MY rides for. The 2 slowest rides on this site? I doubt that. My talon is sitting in storage until I get back from GUAM jackass. And I don't see a need to mod my Ralliart when I can put all the money into the Talon. I have all the necessary mods to run consistant 12's but have yet to install them since I am HALF WAY ACROSS THE ******* WORLD!!! and I'm willing to bet my ralliart would run right with the 2.4 ss guys.

You need a reality check man. All you've done since you've joined this site is ******* troll man. I can't wait till they ban your ass. I'm done with you.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:44 PM
Banned

It started because people need to justify what they wish they had!! I wish I had the LSD but I'm still happy!!!!
Kind of like roll "racing"???

People wish they could hook, so instead of putting out the money and work to hook they just roll "race"?

In conclusion, some people wish they had an LSD so make up an excuse of not needing them.

Uggg, I am bored at work.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by ralliartist
Thanks for taking up for me american muscle. as for 280Z1977I, WTF are you posting about MY rides for. The 2 slowest rides on this site? I doubt that. My talon is sitting in storage until I get back from GUAM jackass. And I don't see a need to mod my Ralliart when I can put all the money into the Talon. I have all the necessary mods to run consistant 12's but have yet to install them since I am HALF WAY ACROSS THE ******* WORLD!!! and I'm willing to bet my ralliart would run right with the 2.4 ss guys.

You need a reality check man. All you've done since you've joined this site is ******* troll man. I can't wait till they ban your ass. I'm done with you.

Wow, you need to get off that island brother!!
Old 05-17-2006, 01:47 PM
Banned

Wow, you need to get off that island brother!!
Do they have McDonalds in Guam??? That might be the problem.

Quick Reply: SS/SC + 350z