War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

SS/SC vs. 2006 Civic Si

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
orignally posted by sscobalt06

People get hit by cars every day, its not every day that someone wrecks street racing

Actually yes someone does die everyday from reckless/ street racing. The reason you love it is the same reason we all do. The adrenaline rush. The high euphoric feeling you get after doing it. What I say won't change you but just remember my words when you nail someone and you come out ok but they come out dead or retarded. It can happen to all of us but at 145 mph you don't need to be doing anything wrong. One thing that you didn't forsee will end your life.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by sscobalt06
Sorry It is just that I have had 2 friends hit by cars. And my little brother got ran over on my own street along with another little boy on my street. People get hit by cars every day, its not every day that someone wrecks street racing. I do agree with you that street racing is dangerous but for some reason I love it. I dont take un-neccessary risks when doing 145mph like weeving in and out of traffic like a mad man, just so that I can win a race. Like I said before I am careful.
Well it doesn't matter what happens to other people. Accidents aren't based on statistics that happen in your area. If your street racing that fast, things can happen in the blink of an eye. People can pull out infront of you, or you could be looking at the opposing car and there could be a car infront of you, many things sthat sound dumb but happen every day. These things might now happen in your town, but they happen every day. Especially on an interstatge, lanes ending and traffic merging. To talk about people dieing in street racing, more people are now because Tokyo Drift is coming out, and people have already died from drifiting, and an accident occured.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:15 PM
Premium Member

Well I guess if I die street racing that will be my own problem. I would feel like **** for the rest of my life if I killed someone and I survived, I know this. But that doesnt meen that I am going to stop having fun just to avoid something that may or may not ever happen. That is kinda like saying I'm not going to fly on an airplane becuase it could crash. Its all about living life while you got it, and having fun while doing it.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:16 PM
Banned

ive been wanting to race one
Old 06-14-2006, 01:34 PM

Lol on topic i didn't think the new si could hit beyond 130mph..

However... 145 is just not the smartest thing...

Ive never broke 120mph in my car... anywhere... though... that would still make me a hipocrit.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:38 PM

I dont see a big problem when someone goes past the 120 mark. I go alot faster than that sometimes I've raced a corvette up to 160 in my S2K. As long as you know what your doin(which you should if you're going that fast anyways), you have the sense to slow down when needed. Yes it is dangerous but when its open road its fair game. Yes there are people that do stupid stuff when there goin fast but usually its people that dont know what their doin, or people who dont have sufficient cars that will hold up. If you feel comfortable where you KNOW you can control it and dont put yourself in a bad position then feel free but still think ahead and make good judgement.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:41 PM
Premium Member

That is exactly what I think.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by SRT-S2K
I dont see a big problem when someone goes past the 120 mark. I go alot faster than that sometimes I've raced a corvette up to 160 in my S2K. As long as you know what your doin(which you should if you're going that fast anyways), you have the sense to slow down when needed. Yes it is dangerous but when its open road its fair game. Yes there are people that do stupid stuff when there goin fast but usually its people that dont know what their doin, or people who dont have sufficient cars that will hold up. If you feel comfortable where you KNOW you can control it and dont put yourself in a bad position then feel free but still think ahead and make good judgement.
On some occasions, I guess I can agree. Like on a 5 lane highway that is empty infront of you, then why waste time I guess, but never 140mph off the interstate or a type of freeway.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:33 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by West Palm SRT4
On some occasions, I guess I can agree. Like on a 5 lane highway that is empty infront of you, then why waste time I guess, but never 140mph off the interstate or a type of freeway.
I very rarely hit 140mph off the freeway. And all of our freeways here are like 5-6 lanes so there is alot of open room especially late at night, when most street racing is done anyways.