War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

SS/SC vs. 2006 STi

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 01:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by doubled
. And lastly AWD vs. FWD or RWD from a roll is a huge difference! Think of rotating mass! You've got 4 wheels, 5-6 driveshafts & 2 differentials to get moving vs. 2 wheels and half shafts... There is no comparison..
Not to stick my head in the lion's mouth, but an AWD machine is no worse from a roll than it is on a dyno. That is why the drive train loss of BHP to WHP on an AWD car is always larger than on a 2WD car; it does not get worse when there are not chains holding the car in place.

It simply does not matter if it is from a roll or not. Therefore, the idea that "AWD vs. FWD or RWD from a roll is a huge difference" is a pretty misleading statement; an AWD car will still produce the same horsepower as it did when it was not moving to the wheels.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by phxSS
Stop being a hater. You're pride is flaring because a $20k car beat a $35k car. Just face the fact that you should have bought an '04 cobra for the same price.
Hhahahhahahaahahhahhahaahah buddy, don't call me a hater ok. You don't even know me. If u you knew me like a few ppl on this forum then you would clearly know that I respect the Balt and all other cars. If you knew who I was then you'd realise that I've ran a SS or two myself and know very well what they are capable of. So please keep YOUR hating comments to urself! On another note, I would never buy a Rustang Cobra. Don't get me wrong. They are fast cars but I wouldn't be caught dead driving/owning one, its just not my style or thing. Also, I don't own a STi so its not the same price for me. So please don't call me a hater, you don't even know wtf ur talking bout.

Cheers,
Old 06-28-2006, 04:06 PM

Oh gawd...here we go...someone beat an STI, the world as we know it is over. I'm surprised as you were passing him you didnt enter some sort of parallel universe where STI's dont exist.

To whoever said they've seen a stock cobalt beat a STI is full of it. The trap speeds dont lie. A low 1/4 mile with a low trap speed is a good way to tell the car launches like a ****. A low 1/4 mile AND a high trap is just a fast car. STI's arent the fastest cars in the world but not being able to beat a stock Cobalt SS/SC is all driver. STI must have been really bad and the Cobalt must have been really good.

For someone that traps 108 mph with FWD. Well of course thats going to romp all over a stock STI on the highway. Theres no doubt about it.

With my protune and methanol injection I can romp GM stg 2 from dig or roll. I can also romp on stock STI's even modded. Putting down 292hp 320tq on my meth map.

On the round track (where the STI was designed to run) it will dominate ALOT of cars in its stock forum. There is no better car you can get for the price other then the EVO and then its drivers preferance. In a straight line the isnt that great of a car. Its 6mt is horrible for drag racing, its top mount intercooler gets heat soaked if not in motion, it suspension is road course oriented, its sits high. The only thing it has going for it is its AWD and decent tires, which arent that great for drag racing but work well with AWD.

Face it, the STI got beat. End of story, better luck to him next time.

Good kill....
Old 06-28-2006, 04:16 PM

Oh and another thing...

lets not keep going into the STI was a 35k car (btw if you pay more then 30k your an idiot) becuase I can spend 6000 dollars for a motorcycle that can go a faster time then any street driven Cobalt ever has...

I would say that about the STI but I know there is a handful of 10 second street legal ones out there. Not that I would ever see them in real life....
Old 07-04-2006, 01:49 AM

.... i cant sit silently. the STi is not a car to talk bad about. just be happy you raced one and the guy didnt hand your ass to you.

a STOCK STi is a hella fast car. would pull on my cobalt from a dig, from a roll, and even with a few car lengths head start.
cant say i have a stage 3, but i still say BULLSHIT you were bobbing back and forth behind one. with fwd on a highway, it is believable that you edged on out.

dont believe me tho, since i own both a cobalt ss/sc and an 04 STi
Old 07-04-2006, 11:56 AM

Yeah they are. My uncle has a Sti. GOD THAT CAR IS AMAZING. I'm still conning him in to letting me drive it.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:01 PM

STI's are nice rides! Why does everyone get off on roll racing? yeah its fun and we all do it, but it doesnt mean your ride is faster. If you can be a car from a dig, then you have the faster car. Also why do so many people think the sti is such a waste of money? Alot of people think the ss/sc is waste of money! Honestly they're all nice rides...I personally just love cars....I wish more people had the same passion.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:07 AM

all i'm saying is that a stock ss/sc beating a evo vIII of IX from a roll is only gonna happen in your dreams
Old 07-05-2006, 04:38 AM

my buddy has a stock evo8 and my cobalt ss/sc is stock. he pulls from a roll 2nd to 4th. so i dunno about beating a 285hp evo with a 215-217hp cobalt. maybe get the jump cause of the supercharger.