War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

ss/sc vs Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TXRLU
I haven't had the ***** to take her to the track yet since its my daily driver and even though its a daily driver and clutch-leg is a bitch in rush-hour traffic, I had to go with the M6. A slushbox in a musclecar just doesn't seem right to me, no offense.
the slush box owns at the 1320 dude. believe me if i coulda found a M6 originally i woulda got one, but after owning the auto and seeing the differnce between the stock Auto and now the built auto i have now is night and day difference, dead spots are almost non-existant and it rips outa the hole. i beat several buddies at the 1320 cause they just cant launch their M6's for ****.

you especially im sure have a hard time being IRS huh?

A slushbox in a musclecar just doesn't seem right to me, no offense.
And you must not be into old school muscle cars much then. . . considering the power glide is one of the most widely used Auto's in drag racing in very high HP cars.

or i guess alot of them are FMVB too but thats still an auto if you ask me. you just shift it instead of a computer or a vacuum reading.

Last edited by PNYKLR-TA; 04-02-2009 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
the slush box owns at the 1320 dude. believe me if i coulda found a M6 originally i woulda got one, but after owning the auto and seeing the differnce between the stock Auto and now the built auto i have now is night and day difference, dead spots are almost non-existant and it rips outa the hole. i beat several buddies at the 1320 cause they just cant launch their M6's for ****.

you especially im sure have a hard time being IRS huh?

And you must not be into old school muscle cars much then. . . considering the power glide is one of the most widely used Auto's in drag racing in very high HP cars.

or i guess alot of them are FMVB too but thats still an auto if you ask me. you just shift it instead of a computer or a vacuum reading.

Now if they offered an A6 in the GTO, I may have leaned towards an auto.

I agree from a dig, or in the 1/4 mile, the auto is a very reliable very easy way to get through the 1/4 mile, but there's just something more engaging about manually rowing through all the gears.

And then when some tool next to you in an auto (the SRT8s are especially fun to do this to since they're autos) tries pacing you, its fun to have it in the right gear and then just punching it, and getting a good 1-2 second jump on them because by the time they react to your acceleration and the time it takes for their auto to kick down a gar, you're already bus lengths ahead.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:09 PM

You will rip him a new ******* from a roll. Bad. From a dig it will be closer. If you drive good you will still come out on top.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:12 PM

And then when some tool next to you in an auto (the SRT8s are especially fun to do this to since they're autos) tries pacing you, its fun to have it in the right gear and then just punching it, and getting a good 1-2 second jump on them because by the time they react to your acceleration and the time it takes for their auto to kick down a gar, you're already bus lengths ahead.
you ricer!

jerk i hate when people do that too me, but i usually go by the three honk deal. that way no one gets an significant jump unless they just have that much more power.

but the best part, is when someone does that to me, and i catch back up and pass them then i just do this you looooose!
Old 04-02-2009, 04:12 PM

[QUOTE=SCcobaltSS;3687673]Eat ****!

Old 04-02-2009, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by JimzSS
Originally Posted by SCcobaltSS
Eat ****!

HAHA thats a buddy of mine actually sitting 2 cubes over at work right now.

i like to give him a hard time about his car
Old 04-02-2009, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by ChriSS/SC
You will rip him a new ******* from a roll. Bad. From a dig it will be closer. If you drive good you will still come out on top.
I hope you don't know this from experience with those times.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
HAHA thats a buddy of mine actually sitting 2 cubes over at work right now.

i like to give him a hard time about his car
Yah we get into like 30 email battle about our car... We have been back and forth with faster cars our whole lives then when I got a SS he had to get the big bad V8, I could still beat it for a while, but his 1/4 mile times are better becuase last time we went to the track my tune was crap. But w/e. He is an ******* and mad a 4 cylinder can keep up with his V8

Originally Posted by cakeeater
hahahahahaha

Last edited by SCcobaltSS; 04-02-2009 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-02-2009, 04:41 PM

This is from my personal experience. The GT will lose on a roll. Most GTs at my track run low 14's @ high 90s. What's not believable here?
Old 04-02-2009, 04:51 PM

Yah we get into like 30 email battle about our car... We have been back and forth with faster cars our whole lives then when I got a SS he had to get the big bad V8, I could still beat it for a while, but his 1/4 mile times are better becuase last time we went to the track my tune was crap. But w/e. He is an ******* and mad a 4 cylinder can keep up with his V8

hahahahahaha
all im hearing is blah blah blah im mad my car is 1.3 seconds slower and at its best was still .7 slower while your transmission was slipping
Old 04-02-2009, 04:55 PM

This is from my personal experience. The GT will lose on a roll. Most GTs at my track run low 14's @ high 90s. What's not believable here?
there must be a "you must be a this bad at driving to enter" sign outside of your track because 14's for a 3v is SLOOOOOOOOWWWW
Old 04-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Banned

you ricer!

jerk i hate when people do that too me, but i usually go by the three honk deal. that way no one gets an significant jump unless they just have that much more power.

but the best part, is when someone does that to me, and i catch back up and pass them then i just do this you looooose!

The only reason I do that to people is because I hate it when you casually pass em, (especially if they're in the fast lane bottle necking traffic) and after you're ahead of them they speed up and try to pace you or just try to go faster than you.

I had a WRX do that to me once. Idiot was going 55 in a 60 MPH zone in the far left lane. So I passed him on the right. As soon as I passed him he got in behind me and started riding my ass. There was too much traffic so I went ahead and let the idiot get ahead of me. I had a feeling he was exiting to get onto another highway that I was, and so I exited one exit prior (The service road is usually traffic free) and hauled ass down the service road. When the idiot had finally figured out what was happening, it was too late. I had already squirt ahead of him and the rest of the traffic. He tried his best to catch up, but I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction.

And lets face it, the big V8s on the road are in a no-win situation. EVERYONE wants a piece of us, and everyone's looking to put a notch in their belt. I was guilty of this when I had my Ion Redline. I used to love screwing with G35s and other higher end cars because if you lost to em you could always say, "Well I'm just a 4-banger", but if you beat one you felt like a badass.

Another good story, when I first had that Saturn I was driving down the highway, and I saw some bitch driving a Firebird (had to be a V8 because of the dual exhaust as well as the fact that she was driving like a C U Next Thursday). I observed her screwing with another car for about 5 minutes, every time the car would go to try and pass her, she'd accelerate and keep the car from passing. When I noticed the out of state license plate I just had to knock her down a peg. Dropped it into 3rd gear, paced her by about 6 cars back, and when I saw an opening I stabbed the throttle like OJ on white women. I flew past that Firebird and before that bitch could react I had passed her by several lengths. "WELCOME TO TEXAS BITCH!" God I miss that little Ion sometimes. But, I have no regrets about trading it in for what I'm driving now.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:09 PM

there must be a "you must be a this bad at driving to enter" sign outside of your track because 14's for a 3v is SLOOOOOOOOWWWW
Face it stock mustangs are slow.

all im hearing is blah blah blah im mad my car is 1.3 seconds slower and at its best was still .7 slower while your transmission was slipping
1.3 because I was retarding 7+ degrees of timing, and .7 was on GM2 tune and pulley! I hate you. Just wait.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:12 PM

stock gt vs stock ss/sc, i'd put 5 grand on the gt from a roll and if both are compitent drivers from a dig also without worrying. A 3v gt is considerably faster than a stock ss/sc. Hell most stage 2 cars don't run times stock 3v's can, even stage 2 + bolt ons.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:13 PM

The only reason I do that to people is because I hate it when you casually pass em, (especially if they're in the fast lane bottle necking traffic) and after you're ahead of them they speed up and try to pace you or just try to go faster than you.

I had a WRX do that to me once. Idiot was going 55 in a 60 MPH zone in the far left lane. So I passed him on the right. As soon as I passed him he got in behind me and started riding my ass. There was too much traffic so I went ahead and let the idiot get ahead of me. I had a feeling he was exiting to get onto another highway that I was, and so I exited one exit prior (The service road is usually traffic free) and hauled ass down the service road. When the idiot had finally figured out what was happening, it was too late. I had already squirt ahead of him and the rest of the traffic. He tried his best to catch up, but I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction.

And lets face it, the big V8s on the road are in a no-win situation. EVERYONE wants a piece of us, and everyone's looking to put a notch in their belt. I was guilty of this when I had my Ion Redline. I used to love screwing with G35s and other higher end cars because if you lost to em you could always say, "Well I'm just a 4-banger", but if you beat one you felt like a badass.

Another good story, when I first had that Saturn I was driving down the highway, and I saw some bitch driving a Firebird (had to be a V8 because of the dual exhaust as well as the fact that she was driving like a C U Next Thursday). I observed her screwing with another car for about 5 minutes, every time the car would go to try and pass her, she'd accelerate and keep the car from passing. When I noticed the out of state license plate I just had to knock her down a peg. Dropped it into 3rd gear, paced her by about 6 cars back, and when I saw an opening I stabbed the throttle like OJ on white women. I flew past that Firebird and before that bitch could react I had passed her by several lengths. "WELCOME TO TEXAS BITCH!" God I miss that little Ion sometimes. But, I have no regrets about trading it in for what I'm driving now.

Im just going to bold the area's where i nearly cried laughing and or the area's where i totally agree.

and dual exhaust on the firebird doesnt mean its a V8 necesarily. what year and body style? the only 4th gens with the V8 and also to be called Firebirds were the firebird formula's and they are very destinct compared to a regular firebird.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:16 PM

repost

Last edited by cakeeater; 04-02-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:30 PM

stock gt vs stock ss/sc, i'd put 5 grand on the gt from a roll and if both are compitent drivers from a dig also without worrying. A 3v gt is considerably faster than a stock ss/sc. Hell most stage 2 cars don't run times stock 3v's can, even stage 2 + bolt ons.
Quoted for truth. I don't see why some of you Cobalt owners are calling a stock 3v GT slow, it out pulls a stock SS/SC through all ranges of roll and definitely out launches on the dig.

I have been GM Stage 2 only for a long time now, on a 40-55 roll it's a dead heat every time with a stock 5sp 3v GT, I fall back a fender or so in 4th, and if we actually race into 5th gear I'll manage to slowly creep passed him.. But that's pushing it.

From a dig I've lost every time, granted I have balled stocker tires but regardless... It would take very nice driving for even a Stage 2 Cobalt SS/SC to BEAT or stick even with a stock 5spd 3v GT so SS/SC Cobalt owners shouldn't bash on a stock 3v, period.

Oh and the database errors and busy server have me ready to punch out my screen.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:34 PM

haha this post made me laugh. Not too sure about the stock becasue I have never raced one stock. But with a stage 2 I whopped on the 3v on the freeway with 2 passangers. Haha right now I have raced a few modded mustangs and they still cant keep up. Again you might have something with the stock vs stock because i have never raced like that, but you are just silly with the rest of your post.

Originally Posted by Sarvoth
Quoted for truth. I don't see why some of you Cobalt owners are calling a stock 3v GT slow, it out pulls a stock SS/SC through all ranges of roll and definitely out launches on the dig.

I have been GM Stage 2 only for a long time now, on a 40-55 roll it's a dead heat every time with a stock 5sp 3v GT, I fall back a fender or so in 4th, and if we actually race into 5th gear I'll manage to slowly creep passed him.. But that's pushing it.

From a dig I've lost every time, granted I have balled stocker tires but regardless... It would take very nice driving for even a Stage 2 Cobalt SS/SC to BEAT or stick even with a stock 5spd 3v GT so SS/SC Cobalt owners shouldn't bash on a stock 3v, period.

Oh and the database errors and busy server have me ready to punch out my screen.
Dude you cant talk. You think your car has a 2.1 pulley and a stage 2 blower and no cooling mods.

Last edited by SCcobaltSS; 04-02-2009 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-02-2009, 05:35 PM

Dude you cant talk. You think your car has a 2.1 pulley and a stage 2 blower and no cooling mods.
of course.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:44 PM

haha this post made me laugh. Not too sure about the stock becasue I have never raced one stock. But with a stage 2 I whopped on the 3v on the freeway with 2 passangers. Haha right now I have raced a few modded mustangs and they still cant keep up. Again you might have something with the stock vs stock because i have never raced like that, but you are just silly with the rest of your post.

lmao.

You're an idiot. I lost all respect for you already. Nobody races a stage 2 cobalt into 5th gear. lmao. Nice try though.

Last edited by ChriSS/SC; 04-02-2009 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-02-2009, 05:47 PM

lmao.

You're an idiot. I lost all respect for you already. Nobody races a stage 2 cobalt into 5th gear. lmao. Nice try though.

For... racing into 5th gear? Very long highway pulls in the middle of the night are fairly common around here..

I don't know about where you are but that hardly makes me an idiot, no more so than anyone else out on the street. I fail to see your point.

Edit: I had assumed that some of you were capable of realizing that the thread I created was obviously bs out of boredom.... good job not seeing that. It was painfully obvious.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:49 PM

For... racing into 5th gear? Very long highway pulls in the middle of the night are fairly common around here..

I don't know about where you are but that hardly makes me an idiot, no more so than anyone else out on the street. I fail to see your point.
5th gear????? WTF! WOW I have heard it all! Oh wait, is yours a special 7 gear tranny too? I forgot those stage 2 blower, 2.1 pullied cobalts come with that.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:51 PM

5th gear????? WTF! WOW I have heard it all! Oh wait, is yours a special 7 gear tranny too? I forgot those stage 2 blower, 2.1 pullied cobalts come with that.
Have you ever been into 5th gear? Still pulls bro. Top speed is achieved in 5th, not 4th.

That entire thread was a joke, congrats.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:54 PM

watch as we observe the ignoramus in his natural habitat. He has no idea what he is talking about and thinks he drives the fastest car in the world. fascinating!

a tuned/bolt on 3v gt should walk ALL OVER a stage 2 ss/sc no problem and a stock 3v should be right next to a stage 2 car from a roll and walking it from a dig. 3v's can easily run mid-high 13's stock all day with a decent driver.. I don't know who you have been racing, but they deserve their keys to be taken away.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:57 PM

watch as we observe the ignoramous in his natural habitat. He has no idea what he is talking about and thinks he drives the fastest car in the world. fascinating!

a tuned/bolt on 3v gt should walk ALL OVER a stage 2 ss/sc no problem and a stock 3v should be right next to a stage 2 car from a roll and walking it from a dig. 3v's can easily run mid-high 13's stock all day with a decent driver.. I don't know who you have been racing, but they deserve their keys to be taken away.

OooOooOoOhhhhhh look at mister bad ass driver over here

Quick Reply: ss/sc vs Mustang GT